The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.02 (September 28)

CBS has announced the details of Episode 3.02, The Jiminy Conjecture, which will air September 28 and in which Lewis Black will guest star.

CBS Press Release: "The Jiminy Conjecture" - Leonard and Penny struggle to recover from an awkward first hookup while Sheldon and Howard stake their best comic books on a bet to determine the species of a cricket, on the of THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, Sept. 28 (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

You can find more information on the episode in our Episode Guide.

IT'S TONIGHT???? Damn I completly forgot o___o Another night staying up ç_ç By the way people, go watch Sorority Row! IT'S AWSOME!

YEEEAAAH!!!! I JUST saw the episode, if I had been in the episode taping I would have definitely been heard clapping or saying yeeah! I liked the episode from start to finish. ....okay dokey

I just saw the episode too and I really liked it!! I loved the scenes when Sheldon, Raj and Howard were hunting the cricket and I'm glad that Penny and Leonard finally founde a way to take all the pressue out of their relationship! What I noticed was the discussion in the beginning about Wolverine and his bone claws... Was that an appropriate discussion for comic fans like them?? I mean, even I knew that Wolverine had bone clwas before he got that super hard metal stuff into his body... :D

"RE: Episode 3.02 (September 28) I just saw the episode too and I really liked it!! I loved the scenes when Sheldon, Raj and Howard were hunting the cricket and I'm glad that Penny and Leonard finally founde a way to take all the pressue out of their relationship! What I noticed was the discussion in the beginning about Wolverine and his bone claws... Was that an appropriate discussion for comic fans like them?? I mean, even I knew that Wolverine had bone clwas before he got that super hard metal stuff into his body... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "All which is beautiful and noble is the result of reason and calculation." - Charles Baudelaire " im glad that they got over the weird part so to say....of their relationship! I love Leonard and Penny! I also knew that Wolverine had bone claws before he had the metal ones because like 2 weeks ago I watched the Wolverine movie and i giggled to myself when i heard that...^_^. but it was a very good episode!

Haha, maybe all the girls know stuff about X-men and Wolverine now just becaus of Hugh Jackmen. ;)) The moement when Raj, Sheldon and Howard all tried to get out of the door at once was just hilarious! :D

I just saw the episode too and I really liked it!! I loved the scenes when Sheldon, Raj and Howard were hunting the cricket and I'm glad that Penny and Leonard finally founde a way to take all the pressue out of their relationship!

What I noticed was the discussion in the beginning about Wolverine and his bone claws... Was that an appropriate discussion for comic fans like them?? I mean, even I knew that Wolverine had bone clwas before he got that super hard metal stuff into his body... :D

it's called adamantium. it's like the "big ice thingy" all over again ^^

btt great episode: "it's really dark down here" and "Schnaps" LOL

Here's the thing: I'm not really a comic-book fan, but I've always heard that Wolverin had his claws after the adamantium experiment, and that his power was just high-regen! Also, like, I've heard about other characters who had those experiments on them, too, and developped claws, too... Oh well, whatever, I've learned something in this episode! I'm kinda glad Sheldon was wrong about the cricket, however! It's funnier when he does a mistake! And when he discuss it with Leonard near the end, it was just LOL, like, Leonard didn't care one bit about the bet! ^_^ Sheldon should know more by now, that when you want to discuss a ''serious topic'' with Leonard, you don't mention Penny 10 secondes before! :p

it's called adamantium. it's like the "big ice thingy" all over again ^^

Haha, sorry. ;) I don't know a lot about these kind of comics, but I used to be a big Fan of Manga. They're just much more popular that the american comics here in Germany.

Haha, the "Schnaps" part was great!

Loved the episode except for the drunk PL scene, the A-part of Sheldon, Howard and Raj - it was great! "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" HAHA, GREAT! Raj had greats lines. The three guys trying to get out of this wardrobe, fantastic! I was a bit surprised that Sheldon accepted that he was wrong so quickly. Shouldn't he have been arguing with the professor about the sound frequency he heard? I find the Leonard-Penny story still a bit superficial, but for a sitcom we maybe can't except more. I mean, where does Penny's sudden attraction to Leonard come from? Why is it all gone immediately after the first sex wasn't so great? I think it highlights that Penny is great as a neighbour and friend but not as a partner for any of these guys, they just don't have a lot in common to base a relationship on. But we'll see how they will develop this plot. I just hope it stays the B-story.

Not that I claim to know anything about bone claws or wolverine but what the guys were debating was not whether he had bone claws before adamantium ones but whether he was BORN with bone claws. I think it must have some importa....................Oh who cares!

Not that I claim to know anything about bone claws or wolverine but what the guys were debating was not whether he had bone claws before adamantium ones but whether he was BORN with bone claws.

I think it must have some importa....................Oh who cares!

I'm not sure wether it really matters, because as far as I know (from the films I've seen, so I'm really anything but an expert!) he's born with his mutation, so the question pretty much answers itself...

Still not sure if comic book fans like them would even have to talk about something like that...

To FemaleNerd: I was wondering about Sheldons reaction to him being obviously wrong too! Maybe he accepts the authority of experts in fields that are not physics...? Or he has thought about what his Mom told him in the episode where he got fired. About being smarter than people but not going around telling them about it. :D

I don't think he didn't want to argue, just that he couldn't. I mean, that professor looked kinda hysterical and angry, you don't want to argue with that kind of guy, even if your name is Sheldon Cooper! :p As for the ''sudden interest'' from Penny, I don't think that's totally right, it kinda developped in the past 2 seasons, slowly and all. In the first season she wasn't as interested as Leonard were, but she still showed some sign of affection. And, well, at the beginning of season 2, when she sees him kissing Leslie... :p Anyway, I think it just builded up for the last 2 years! Also, as she points out in the past 2 few seasons, the ''tall-muscular-handsome-macho-jerks'' type she usually dates doesn't work out well with her! I think it's normal that, at some point, she realizes that this type of relationship is not for her and end up falling for someone who has more kindness and all, and that would be Leonard!

I don't think he didn't want to argue, just that he couldn't. I mean, that professor looked kinda hysterical and angry, you don't want to argue with that kind of guy, even if your name is Sheldon Cooper! :p

As for the ''sudden interest'' from Penny, I don't think that's totally right, it kinda developped in the past 2 seasons, slowly and all. In the first season she wasn't as interested as Leonard were, but she still showed some sign of affection. And, well, at the beginning of season 2, when she sees him kissing Leslie... :p Anyway, I think it just builded up for the last 2 years! Also, as she points out in the past 2 few seasons, the ''tall-muscular-handsome-macho-jerks'' type she usually dates doesn't work out well with her! I think it's normal that, at some point, she realizes that this type of relationship is not for her and end up falling for someone who has more kindness and all, and that would be Leonard!

Plus the interest isn't all that sudden, considdering what she said before he went. She wished he wasn't going... So I think you're right!