How Kaley Has Changed!

mikesteffen

Do you not find it interesting how quickly people change?

Not in that age range, she was litterally growing up when she started on the TBBT.

If you look at any of the others actors, Jim Parsons for example, you will see he hasn't changed that much over 7 years.

Not in that age range, she was litterally growing up when she started on the TBBT.

If you look at any of the others actors, Jim Parsons for example, you will see he hasn't changed that much over 7 years.

What age do you consider still growing up?

It differs for each person, but Kaley was just 21 when she started TBBT.

Not everyone is than fully grown physically.

I 'grew' myself. I was a whippet in my late teens/early 20s. Then in my 30s my chest just grew. No idea why, I'm not that much heavier and I don't have children. We all change but there's nothing artificial there if that's what is being suggested. 

Edited by Spaced_up

I 'grew' myself. I was a whippet in my late teens/early 20s. Then in my 30s my chest just grew. No idea why, I'm not that much heavier and I don't have children. We all change but there's nothing artificial there if that's what you are suggesting. 

Not at all, I was just saying that some ppl are "full grown" at 22 for example, and others at 30.

I agree with Chiany.  The differences between Kaley in Eight Simple Rules and Kaley in TBBT is maturity.  In Eight Simple Rules she was a teenager and at the beginning of TBBT she was 21 or 22.  It is very common for people to continue to mature physically as well as psychologically in their twenty's.  People will always grow more mature throughout their lives just from living.  However, I think that in the U.S. at least we have this assumption that people are fully grown by the time their 18 or 21 and that is just not so.

Kaley has simply grown from a pretty teenage girl to beautiful mature woman.  

Do you not find it interesting how quickly people change?

I find it  MORE interesting that you said you were never coming to this forum again and over the show because the Stuart & Raj bromance scene in the comic book store in 6.1 was so offensive to you and yet here you are.

In the music world, college students studing voice are not allowed to sing certain roles in opera until they are older, like going into their senior year, or maybe even in grad school because the voice is still maturing all along, and continues to change as we get older.

Heavier, more demanding singing roles are reserved for later and lighter roles or songs are taught to freshmen, sophomores, etc.

Everyone "changes" (in whatever manner this person is pretending to consider) as they get older, especially if they take up new habits or drop older ones, like adopting new kinds of exercise or quitting smoking, etc.

No one looks the same at 27 as they did at 19-21, nor thinks the same or acts the same, if they are not stuck in some immature rut.

I do think that most people generally plateau around their 30s or 40s, in some ways, but that can always change with changes in diet, etc.  Jim Parsons has gone up and down the weight scale since he started the show--very thin at the beginning of S4 (he's positively skeletal the year he won his first Emmy), very filled out in S5, and now a pretty stable weight since S6 or so.  I know he's said that he stopped drinking back when he was preparing to shoot the pilot, then quit smoking shortly after that.

All those kinds of things can contribute to changes in one's looks.

• 2 months later...