The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
smellypooper

Try To Find Inconsistencies Or Errors In What Sheldon Says..

36 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Adding to this: How accurate or inaccurate was Sheldons calculations about Penny on how many men she slept with in Season 4, episode 1?  Since I am not a mathematician I wonder if this is correct.....which I doubt

Not correct at all. Her dating pattern was not a normal bell curve, something Sheldon assumed. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Not correct at all. Her dating pattern was not a normal bell curve, something Sheldon assumed. 

Thanks  Sheldon's assumptions are never correct!

I recently re-watched The Big Bang Theory and noticed to find a little inconsistency in one of Sheldon's comments, we are told that Sheldon and Leonard meet in 2003. However, we are then told that Sheldon went to watch Star Trek: Nemesis with him (he did not enjoy it), the inconsistency here is that actually Star Trek : Nemesis came out in 2002. I am not trying to show a plot hole I just noticed it and thought it could be an interesting topic, I love The Big Bang theory and always will.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 3:47 PM, Evz-14 said:

I recently re-watched The Big Bang Theory and noticed to find a little inconsistency in one of Sheldon's comments, we are told that Sheldon and Leonard meet in 2003. However, we are then told that Sheldon went to watch Star Trek: Nemesis with him (he did not enjoy it), the inconsistency here is that actually Star Trek : Nemesis came out in 2002. I am not trying to show a plot hole I just noticed it and thought it could be an interesting topic, I love The Big Bang theory and always will.

Sheldon's comments, and a plethora of other things, are rife with inconsistencies. This is one of the persistent bugaboos of TBBT. Facts, timelines, spoken comments, and canon never seemed to be particularly important to the writers and producers. They produced some great episodes but their apparent 'one off' mentality caused a lot of inconsistencies.

9 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

Sheldon's comments, and a plethora of other things, are rife with inconsistencies. This is one of the persistent bugaboos of TBBT. Facts, timelines, spoken comments, and canon never seemed to be particularly important to the writers and producers. They produced some great episodes but their apparent 'one off' mentality caused a lot of inconsistencies.

True, but from what I am told, YS is full of times that are different than older Sheldon recalls. Mary's memory is called into play as well. So, I'll stick with TBBT and not watch YS.

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2019 at 2:37 PM, chucky said:

True, but from what I am told, YS is full of times that are different than older Sheldon recalls. Mary's memory is called into play as well. So, I'll stick with TBBT and not watch YS.

There are marked differences between the memories of Sheldon and his mother and the way their past is played out on YS. The main point I have noticed is that George Cooper is actually nothing like the man TBBT made him out to be. There has also been no mistreatment of Sheldon by either Missy or Georgie.

I have, however, found YS to be an enjoyable program. It is wholly different from TBBT and it comes across as a traditional family centered sitcom. It is also not nearly as Sheldon centered as TBBT and that serves the show well.

There was never any doubt that Sheldon's childhood would have to be shown differently on YS. The 'hell' Sheldon remembered would have made for unwatchable television. 

Edited by HeWolf

1 minute ago, HeWolf said:

There are marked differences between the memories of Sheldon and his mother and the way their past is played out on YS. The main point I have noticed is that George Cooper is actually nothing like the man TBBT made him out to be. There has also been no mistreatment of Sheldon by either Missy or Georgie.

There was never any doubt that Sheldon's childhood would have to be shown differently on YS. The 'hell' Sheldon remembered would have made for unwatchable television. 

True, but, the only similarities between TBBT and YS are the character names. Sheldon's childhood memories are what made him. YS has removed all of them, from what I've heard.

5 hours ago, chucky said:

True, but, the only similarities between TBBT and YS are the character names. Sheldon's childhood memories are what made him. YS has removed all of them, from what I've heard.

YS has not removed all of Sheldon's childhood memories. He still has no real friends. Star Trek and Professor Proton are in tact. MeeMaw is a mainstay and, for the most part, ally upon whom he can rely. His mother is still devoutly religious and his father is not. He is considered an oddball by everyone outside his family. What they have removed, or choose not to show, are the negative traits Sheldon attributed to his father, and they combative nature of his parent marriage. On YS his parents are two radically different people, but they do their best for their children and for one another. There hasn't really been any on-screen bullying of Sheldon by anyone, though the JP narrative still references such happenings. 

6 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

YS has not removed all of Sheldon's childhood memories. He still has no real friends. Star Trek and Professor Proton are in tact. MeeMaw is a mainstay and, for the most part, ally upon whom he can rely. His mother is still devoutly religious and his father is not. He is considered an oddball by everyone outside his family. What they have removed, or choose not to show, are the negative traits Sheldon attributed to his father, and they combative nature of his parent marriage. On YS his parents are two radically different people, but they do their best for their children and for one another. There hasn't really been any on-screen bullying of Sheldon by anyone, though the JP narrative still references such happenings. 

Well, since you watch the show and seem to be a fan, I'll acknowledge your expertise on the subject. I, myself, don't watch and definitely not a fan of YS. I rely on what I hear, as I have only seen ads for the show.