The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dana1010

Favorite Shamy Fanfic Moments

Much like there are Shamy moments that I like to re-watch again and again, there are Shamy fanfic moments that I like to re-read again and again. My favorite Shamy fanfic moments in no particular order. All the credit goes to the amazing authors. All these stories are incredibly good, and you should take the time to read them all. These are moments that stuck with me and I will sometimes go back and re-read these random moments. Let me know if you have any favorite Shamy fanfic moments that you like to read again and again.

1) The Vegas Interpretation by Sheps888

End of chapter 8,  It is revealed that Amy is Sheldon’s biggest turn on

Why I like to read it: I love that they play Jeopardy together (my favorite game show) and I love the tie breaker game. Sheldon knows so much about Amy and then the end is just so perfect. It’s one of the first fanfic things I ever read and it turned me into a Shamy fanfic fanatic.

2) The Vegas Interpretation by Sheps888

Chapter 20,  Sheldon and Amy are making out on his bed.

Why I like to read it:  It’s incredibly sweet to me and I love that they take their time making out instead of getting right into coitus. I also love when Amy talks about Sheldon and her whole speech that ends with “That’s the most amazing love story I could ever hope to be a part of”.

3) The Vegas Interpretation by Sheps888

Chapter 22, Amy realizes the papers under his bed are hers.

Why I like to read it: To me I can feel Amy’s pain as she opens up the safe and I get such an amazing aww moment when she realizes they are hers. It’s probably the one I re-read the most. It was a perfect way to end the story.

4) The Mendacity Revelation by Misophonia

Chapter 16: You Can’t Handle the Truth, Sheldon tells Amy why he kissed her,

Why I like to read it: I love the way the author describes the feelings Sheldon had to get him to kiss her. “I kissed you because I wanted to so badly I couldn’t see straight”.

5) The Paradigm Shift Observations by jesterkoops

Chapter 10: The Paradigm Shift Culmination, Sheldon can’t help but kiss Amy 3 times.

Why I like to read it: When Sheldon says “I’m really sorry, I just… I can’t…” , my heart drops and then he says “I can’t leave it at two…”, I get all giddy inside. Amy will definitely put his love of repetition to good use someday.

6) The Parentage Realisation by shamy4ever

End of Chapter 5 into Chapter 6, Sheldon realizes he is a father to four year old twins.

Why I like to read it: I’m a sucker for a Shamy fanfic with kids in it. Personally I don’t think they will have kids on the show, but I like the idea and turn to fanfics to read about it. The emotion in these chapters and Sheldon realizing he is a father to twins is incredibly moving.

7) The Family Reunion Probability Theorem by Misophonia

Chapter 38, Sheldon tries to find the perfect way to tell Amy “I love you” and it couldn’t be more perfect. 

Why I like to read it: I’m pretty sure I want Sheldon to say “I love you” more than I want Sheldon to kiss Amy. I love how much thought he put into saying it and even got some advice from Raj. I love this story and the “I love you” part is the best part of the story.

• Like 3

Oh there are so many moments in Shamy FF I liked, but I have a terrible memory when it comes to actual quotes.

But most come from Misophonia stories, she's just the best.

• Like 1

I love all those moments from the Vegas Interpretation. Sheps is a goddess. I also love the touchless sex. Perfection!

I also love Sheldon coming to Amy's rescue when she is cornered by a potential rapist in a hotel room in Bazingafan's The Homeostatic Adjustment, Sheldon breaking into the car to get to Amy during Meemaw's funeral in Misophonia's The Family Reunion Probability Theorem, and how Sheldon reveals he loves Amy in RickyTheMonkey's The Compatibility Constant  in his own subtle way, no fanfare, very IC: 

Sheldon inspected the sore spot on his arm a little closer and sighed heavily. "The things people do for love." 

That last Shamy moment one has always stuck with me. I feel like this is the way Sheldon would say he loves Amy, in some offhand remark, without even knowing he said it, as if it were as natural as breathing. :)

Edited by tx-fictionqueen
  • Like 2

It's so funny that you mention The Homeostatic Adjustment by Bazingafan because I was trying so hard to find that one, but I couldn't remember the title. I loved Sheldon coming to Amy's rescue! It's incredibly moving to think of Sheldon holding and comforting Amy when she is hurt. :)

• Like 2

It's so funny that you mention The Homeostatic Adjustment by Bazingafan because I was trying so hard to find that one, but I couldn't remember the title. I loved Sheldon coming to Amy's rescue! It's incredibly moving to think of Sheldon holding and comforting Amy when she is hurt. :)

Haven't read that one yet, ill bookmark it for later.

• Like 2

I sniffed through my faves at FFN and these are my favorite Shamy fanfic moments (I'm surely missing some):

subita morte exstingui by Coins Compressed

I like this whole fic, so picking one scene was hard  (so I didn't). It is chock-full of heart-rending Shamy moments.  Highlights speedily include: Sheldon taking vitamins, the handhold on the train, the intimate scene (which was all class and vulnerable connection), Shamy going to the beach, and Amy in the back pew at a funeral for Texas's prodigal son.  Sad, but really satisfying.

The Eye Coitus Education by megfsc

Another great fic and a coda for "The Werewolf Transformation," my favorite scene is right at the end when Sheldon says he was picking Amy up for the lecture and asks "So are you coming?"  It makes no sense out of context, but it was really entertaining and an awesome send-off to this fic.

The Facebook Wall Progression by xLostInTheSun 

I think she had mixed emotions about the popularity of this fic, but it was just too damn clever and really tightly written.  It's not strictly a Shamy story, and Howard probably was the highlight in my opinion, but I loved (in Chapter 2) seeing Shamy's lovefest (pre-official dating) and Penny saying that she was going to cap one of the posts for when they got married.  I also liked seeing Amy invite Sheldon to lunch.  Too much fun.

The Harp String Complexities by Lionne6

This is an extremely mild bondage story, but I really liked how the author (and my friend and BETA EXTRAORDINAIRE) was really careful in describing Sheldon's mental and physical response to Amy taking charge of him.  I like fics like this one show how Sheldon might surrender sexually in a plausible and very human way.

The Interview by Tomasina

Super short, so the whole fic.

They Don't Understand You by Muir_Wolf

It's written in third-person limited from Sheldon's POV.  The story hits its stride when it refers to all the things that Amy is NOT to him--what the author chooses to mention is very telling, touching and sometimes ironic.

The Seventy-Three, or From Genius to Sex Genius: A Master Class by BazingaPunk01

This is probably (definitely is) my favorite Shamy fic of all time, so picking out scenes will be tough, but actually I can narrow it down to the best line: "He buried his hands in her hair and found the courage to confess his uttermost devotion to her with hushed urgency."  Great stuff.

Edited by xmarisolx

There's a thread I started about fav fan fics story around somewhere that has a lot of contributions

I never meant for it to be a thread about favorite stories, more of a thread for favorite moments. I've enjoyed reading that thread, but was really looking to see if anyone had specific moments they like to re-read.

The Seventy-Three, or From Genius to Sex Genius: A Master Class by BazingaPunk01

This is probably (definitely is) my favorite Shamy fic of all time, so picking out scenes will be tough, but actually I can narrow it down to the best line: "He buried his hands in her hair and found the courage to confess his uttermost devotion to her with hushed urgency."  Great stuff.

I'll have to look into the other fics you mentioned, but I love this one. It's quick, simple, and beautiful.

There are a lot of wonderful fanfics out there. Many of them have been mentioned on here. However, my fav scenes in no particular order are:

The Mendacity Revelation by Misophonia: Chapter 21 has Sheldon, who thought all was lost between him and Amy, find out she loves him and wants to be with him forever. His reaction is to sweep her up in his arms to carry her back to her apartment in order to finally consummate their relationship. Swoon-worthy romance, thy name is the illustrious Misophonia.

The Homeostatic Adjustment by Bazingafan: In Chapter 16 when Sheldon, who has barricaded himself in his office to complete a project under a horrific deadline, sends a text message to Amy with the words "Come here." I simply died in that moment. The sexual tension leading up to that moment was so thick you needed a chain saw to cut it. Never in my life have I waited for a new chapter with the same mania and excitement as I did Chapter 17. And, boy, did it deliver!!! So great. Oh, beloved Bazingafan, when will you gift us with another story?

The Bear Paw Amendment by Lionne6: This one-shot was a shot to the solar plexus to the writer's of the show for a crappy line they had Sheldon deliver to Amy on the show. When Sheldon, the biggest opponent of hand-holding with Amy, is brought to his knees by her refusal to follow proper movie schedule and protocol of holding his hand after the previews, I actually clapped. Good stuff. Love you, Lionne6!

The Montserrat Resurgence by Lisatronic3000:There are two fabulous scenes in this one that had me screaming for joy. The first was when Sheldon had to learn oral sex by practicing on an unsuspecting mango. Then, when he met Amy for their date night and she kept asking why he smelled like mangoes. Hilarious! Second, during the actual date, when he tries to get his courage up to admit his feelings for Amy, he chickens out and tries to escape through the bathroom at the Cheesecake Factory, only to get stuck climbing out the window. When the uproar starts and Amy runs to the bathroom to see what Sheldon has gotten himself up to, I couldn't stop laughing when he yells, "Amy Farrah Fowler, I love you! Now go get butter!". If the author would come back and finish this one, I actually think I would have to name it my second favorite Shamy fanfic of all time.

With Lust In His Eyes by Velvet Pussywillow:This mockufic was not the first one of its kind (The Most Shameful Shamy Story Ever Told was the first and is funny, but this one managed to out-spoof that one in top form.) There are so many moments in it that tickle the funny bone, but I think the two best are the author's note in the middle of the chapter which states: "Sorry for the cliffhanger. I hope you're not mad at the cliffs, but the cliffs they must hang." Then, near the end, there is a small scene that is so biting and true and funny and wrong and awesome and brilliant I read it over and over again, my enjoyment ever increasing:

"Leonard came in and said something sarcastic about the Shamy.

Sheldon began thinking about his bus pants.

Penny burst into the apartment to get coffee and call Sheldon 'Moonpie,' and Sheldon said, 'This isn't a Shenny fic, Penny,' and Penny said, 'Oops, sorry,' and she left to take a shower with Leonard."

If anyone knows who this author really is, I will pay big money to know!

The Family Reunion Probability Theorem by Misophonia: This, to me, is the definitive Shamy fanfic. Like a great recipe, it has all the right ingredients. Love, comedy, tragedy, realism, angst, and great characters. My favorite scenes number in the double digits for this one, but if I had to break it down to four fabulous scenes, it would be:

For Tears: Meemaw's funeral when Sheldon reads the letter. If you could read that section without weeping and sobbing, you have no heart.

For Comedy: The first time Sheldon and Amy have sex. This was the first fic I read which had a realistic two-virgins trying to have sex scene. Nobody really knew what they were doing and the comedic slaps kept coming. Then, with a little determination, these two end up having some of the most awkward, yet passionate sex I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

For More Comedy: When Sheldon and Amy find out the gang back home knows they have done the deed and are planning to grill them when they get home, they devise a brilliant plan to maintaining their privacy. This chapter read and felt like it was a script from the show; it was so amazing.

For Love: The end of this fic with all the preparation Sheldon went through to not only tell Amy he loved her, but to show her how committed he was. It was priceless and so worth the wait.

Edited by Pemberley
  • Like 2

I love all those moments from the Vegas Interpretation. Sheps is a goddess. I also love the touchless sex. Perfection!

I also love Sheldon coming to Amy's rescue when she is cornered by a potential rapist in a hotel room in Bazingafan's The Homeostatic Adjustment,

I started reading this, but man it's a heavy one.

Just finished the chapter after police told Amy the guy is in jail.

Edited by Chiany
  • Like 1

I just got around to rereading and finally finishing The Specious Sibling Ultimatum by MissLaurenV and boy howdy, it was filled with memorable Shamy fan fic moments. Some that stick out were:

- During paintball, Sheldon using the barrel of his plastic gun to open Amy's shirt....*shudder*.

- Sheldon's drunken attempt to dominate Amy against the door of her apartment....*more shuddering*

- Sheldon's breakthrough with his therapist about how much he loves Amy and wants her back

- Shamy's first time...one of the best de-virginizing scenes written in this fandom

- The subsequent sex scenes....oh yeah!

This writer's imagination on pushing Shamy to uncharted boundaries is unmatched! Truly a great read for any of you who haven't read it...although I'm sure everyone has. Amazing fic.

Edited by tx-fictionqueen
  • Like 2

I just got around to rereading and finally finishing The Specious Sibling Ultimatum by MissLaurenV and boy howdy, it was filled with memorable Shamy fan fic moments. Some that stick out were:

- During paintball, Sheldon using the barrel of his plastic gun to open Amy's shirt....*shudder*.

- Sheldon's drunken attempt to dominate Amy against the door of her apartment....*more shuddering*

- Sheldon's breakthrough with his therapist about how much he loves Amy and wants her back

- Shamy's first time...one of the best de-virginizing scenes written in this fandom

- The subsequent sex scenes....oh yeah!

This writer's imagination on pushing Shamy to uncharted boundaries is unmatched! Truly a great read for any of you who haven't read it...although I'm sure everyone has. Amazing fic.

One of my FAVOURITES..EVER!!!!!

• Like 3

Thank you for all these lovely suggestions.  Now I need about two weeks to read everything I've bookmarked.  At least I know what I'm doing during the summer hiatus, lol!

Srams complete package is a fantastic story, very Lenny but it has the other characters and I believe its one of the longest in tbbt

Is there a link to this one your talking about?

Viewing old topics I ran into this, so I will write some of mine as well...

Intimacy Collaboration for Systematic Desensitization by Hazerla7: There is too many but I will pick the one where Sheldon is whispering Amy in the hall convincing her to came in his room to have their "moment" against his mothers will telling her "come to my room later," just  one sentence was enough to  gave me chills and the scene when she sneak to his room is still one of sweetest I read. Also I love scene when Sheldon dominance Amy against the white board and pool scene... Hazerla is queen of sexy times for me :icon_redface:

The Unconventional Romance Paradigm by Hazerla 7: the whole situation of Sheldon trying to romance Amy and everything is falling apart is amazing it self but scene I totally was laughing out loud was when Sheldon tried to woo Amy in "say anything" style and everything went to hell...poor Shelly   :icon_cheesygrin: 

The Theory of Objectivity by Musickat18 : Whole representation of Sheldon suffering after Amy break up with him feels so real to me. For me is winning scene the one, where they reproach everything to each other in the middle of the night, admits they aren't over each other, leading Amy to ask Sheldon to kiss her, ending with him shouting door in her face. Yeah I'm into big drama  :icon_cheesygrin:

Love is in the proof by  Gorn on the sofa : Another dramatic I love. They are two scenes I could read again and again. One where Sheldon is overcoming himself, pleasuring Amy. His germ phobia is really the most realistic portrayed from what I read in this one. Second is Amy coming for her things to their apartment secretly, escalating in big fight and Sheldon's juvenile behavior and him trying to stop her by kissing her all of sudden and telling her "please don't go." 

The Specious Sibling Ultimatum by MissLaurenV : This one was hard drama even for me, but it was just so well written. Sheldon's reaction after he sees Amy with George is heartbreaking. " I want to forget you, Amy, can you help me do that?" And Sheldon's interactions with therapist to solve his feelings and forgive Amy and himself, eventually finding his way back to her... Amazing. 

The Family Reunion Probability Theorem by Misophobia : There is too many as well so I will go just with a few. Sheldon trying to kiss his grief away...Amy tells Sheldon she loves him, while she asked him back, he answers with simple "no." Amy helping him with  Meemaws death, their first time, Amy seducing Sheldon  after fight. first mutual ily. 

Questions by No73 : Their first time, Sheldon surprising Amy in London, Sheldon asking her to marry him through email and she pining him to the ground.

Adjusted time by SRAM : Don't know if I could classify this one as Shamy, more like half to half with Lenny, it's amazing dramatic one as well. Loved how Sheldon discovered how he enjoys being married with pregnant Amy in alternate universe...  leading to her death by "his" betrayal and him trying to find solution, no matter what - very dark, but great moment. Also Lenny storyline is great one.

Some list I have and it's not even close to all of them. Really writers, alien in audience gives you all seven thumbs up :icon_biggrin:  you're imagination knows no boundaries :)

• Like 1