7.13 'the Occupation Recalibration' (January 9)

Tripper

Your Episode Rating  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Amy treats him like a child as well, the bolded being a perfect example. She is constantly forced to scold him and talk down to his level, so I don't understand how you can say that he wants to be a man for Amy when there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that. Sheldon behaves like a child and therefore they have no choice but to treat him like one. If Leonard and Penny are the parents, then Amy is the nanny.

Very much so. 

Thought the episode was quite funny.  Sheldon was really cute in this episode.

Liked that they had Amy, Raj and Simon together.

Nice that Bernie stuck up for Stuart.

So Lenny's relationship is still not defined.  Hmmmm....

Really liked Amy with the guys, her interaction with them, without Sheldon, was great.  Didn't like that first they have Lenny making up and then problems and them making up again.  This is taking the Lenny conflict to an extreme, I think.  Then having Sheldon in the middle of them having a serious talk, made me immediately think about the airport episode, which made me cringe.  Bernadette was cute, she was trying to be a good friend to Stuart, but she still had to get that comic book or she was going to have a problem with Howard, so she didn't have much choice.  However what I got most out of this episode, is a weird feeling that the writers are getting pretty loose with Lenny, they are so all over the place this season, since Leonard came back from the North Sea.

BTW, I think they should have left Sheldon at the SPCA, maybe someone would had adopted him, but if not, they could have put him to sleep.  ( Just kidding Sheldon lovers, don't trash me.)

Edited by SRAM
  • Like 1

Yeah! Not a good start for 2014! 

Not a very good tonight. Sorry I barely laughed. They sold the promo over the actual episode! 

Marcy Grossman! Good continuity!

Stuart and Bernie ? Kinda sweet! 

No Shamy tonight??? I'm pissed! something was definitely missing..

The best way to achieve your goal is to put 100% of yourself into it. - Sheldon. Truth!

Sheldon's been treated as a child and a dog what's next? 

Ok. I don't like them treating Sheldon like a dog! It's cute but unnecessary!

• Like 1

I thought tonight`s episode was pretty funny. Sheldon was

really good especially when Leonard

left made him stay on the steps.

I also liked the yoga part with Penny.

The Raj, Howard, Amy and Burt part was pretty good too.

The part with Penny quitting job does not make sense tno me

because they do not explain how she is going to provide for herself. How is she going to pay

for these additional acting classes? I was glad to see Leonard stand up himself about his view of

her quuitting her job. As for Penny`s character, I am not sure where the writers aregoing with her.

The episode was cute. I liked Bernie sticking up for Stuart and Amy interacting with Howard and Raj. I didn't care for Sheldon being treated as a puppy dog. They had Leonard acting to much like when he used to just agree with Penny for sex in their previous relationship. Didn't care for that. The relationships are still in the continuous holding pattern just circling and circling never getting any where of substance. 

I believe they had Sheldon there during their serious talk specifically so that it could be addressed but nothing settled. Once again holding pattern.

Edited by SodidIwin?

The writers cop out again on Leonard and Penny relationship and we are left in the same old holding pattern. Drama for drama sake. We could have had some movement but of well.

Like Bernie standing up for Stuart. It was nice to see Captain Sweatpants say something even if it was "free popcorn".

Amy, Howard, Raj and Burt storyline was okay, it's nice to see Amy away from Sheldon with her own storyline.

• Like 1

I have to say this continues to disappoint me.  I liked Sassy Amy back and her interaction with the boys.  I liked Bernie sticking up for Stuart and understood her having to go get the comic book from the other store even though she didn't really want to go there again.   But the whole treating Sheldon like a dog, Sheldon acting very out of character, Sheldon injecting himself in the Lenny relationship and the irritating back and forth stuff with Lenny, well I just didn't like the episode.   All I can say is this season better get better because it has really been very disappointing. I like certain episodes fairly well, but overall it has changed the characters to where I feel like I am watching a whole new cast.

• Like 2

I had my brother and his wife over tonight. They only watch the show rarely, at best (I know, he's obviously not related to me), they do know my obsession with it and understood if they came over tonight, they were going to have to watch the show while I did.  They aren't all caught up in who's going out with who, what the characters have done, or what they are like or have been like previously.    All I know is tonight, sitting with me they laughed, hard and often.  I guess the show can't ask for anything else. 

• Like 5

The episode was great, I also liked Bernie standing up for Stuart with the rival comic store owner played by Josh Peck. It was also nice to see Captain Sweatpants say something even if it was saying "free popcorn".
The Amy, Howard, Raj and Burt storyline was okay, it's nice to see Amy away from Sheldon with her own storyline.
Also liked the yoga scene with Sheldon & Penny.
I was glad to see Leonard stand up himself about his view of her quitting her job at the Cheesecake Factory. As for Penny, I also am not sure where the writers will be going with her and we will have to wait and see what they do with her in future episodes to come.

• Like 2

I have to say this continues to disappoint me.  I liked Sassy Amy back and her interaction with the boys.  I liked Bernie sticking up for Stuart and understood her having to go get the comic book from the other store even though she didn't really want to go there again.   But the whole treating Sheldon like a dog, Sheldon acting very out of character, Sheldon injecting himself in the Lenny relationship and the irritating back and forth stuff with Lenny, well I just didn't like the episode.   All I can say is this season better get better because it has really been very disappointing. I like certain episodes fairly well, but overall it has changed the characters to where I feel like I am watching a whole new cast.

I agree with Stardust thatthis season has not been that good. I still think season 6 was the best.

The Lenny back and forth is getting old. I hope the rest of the season gets better.

• Like 1

I do think Andee points out something that was significant here that I may have missed while watching mainly because the execution of what was being attempted was so poor. 

I just felt they used Sheldon so that L/P can ask each other the big questions and really analyze where they are going. Sheldon wants the two people he LOVES to be happy, and he wanted them to work it out.

I think that this may have been the purpose of him injecting himself in the Lenny conversation.  But I think it was that the whole episode they had him so poorly written (acting like a pet and then being uncharacteristic and doing yoga, etc.) that by the time they had him injecting himself in their conversation and the way they went about doing it as well, it just got lost in translation.

My husband who watches the show some weeks and misses some asked "Are they testing Amy with that other guy because they want to create a triangle with Sheldon/Penny/Leonard?"  I nearly dropped my mouth to the floor.  That is what he got out of this episode.  He honestly felt that was where they were heading.   I personally can't see where he drew that conclusion, but that sort of frightened me.  It means that they missed the boat somewhere and that the execution of what they were attempting didn't work.

Hate to say this, but sometimes I think the writers/producers are manipulating the character lines to keep Penny/Sheldon/Lenny off balance to help in salary negotiations.  An actor secure in their roles future might want a lot more money.  Season 6 was great without negotiation distractions.

I think the hold up on official renewal has more to do with which contract to use.  The two year or three year?  If they use 3 yrs they could screw themselves if the show gets old and stale, if they go for the 2 yrs and the show does great then too then they can renew it for season 10.  Lets hope that will be it though.  

Edited by Shel_Ra_Ho_Le

Somehow this season (and even the latter half of last season) they have lost the essence of who Sheldon is.   He used to be brilliant, respected for his brilliance (even if not respected for his quirks), unfiltered, regimented and schedule-driving and worked at his blackboard all the time.  But now we have a Sheldon that has learned how to filter; has become impulsive; has not really come up with anything brilliant in a while; has been sloppy in his work. thereby having lots of failures there; and has become even more petulant than he ever was in the first few seasons.  He seems to have regressed.  He no longer is a polar opposite of Penny but has turned more like her than anything.   We rarely get glimpses of the Sheldon we saw in the first five seasons.   The thing they also added with him is an inability to show Amy affection (which he didn't seem to have a problem with in S4 or even S5).   So why the change?   Why do we even want Amy with Sheldon anymore?  He isn't the man she fell for.  He has become a totally different person.   I really have to wonder why the writers felt compelled to change him so drastically and not in an attractive way.  The only good thing I see in the change is that he seems to have been able to express love for Leonard and Penny more, but other than that, he really has not at all transformed into what I wished for at all.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2