The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.13 'the Occupation Recalibration' (January 9)

Your Episode Rating  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I can only image Melissa Rauch doing an impromptu Howard's Mother voice during a practice or even during her original audition and cracking everyone up. My guess is the writers include stuff that the actors have as natural talents.

That wasn't part of her original audition and she'd been on the show for over a year when she first used it. Carol Ann Suzi(Mrs Wolowitz) gave her tips helping her get closer to the voice Carol Ann uses. What if find interesting is that Melissa is good at voices, as is Simon. It would be fun to see an episode where they both are doing different voices.

I think it was an Okay episode (at least much better then 7x12).

I liked Amy's line about the rat brain, since she "threatened" with dissection a specific rat that had been biting her all week before.

I didn't get why Raj (and Howard) started making jokes again about the Shamy relationship, I thought episode 11 finally pointed out how their relationship works.

I didn't like the guild trip Bert was on to get Amy to go with him, and I expected Amy to be a stronger person to turn him down right away, even though she doesn't want to hurt his feelings.

And while I was glad that Howard and Raj in the end stood up for Amy, why again did the writers need to ruin it with a bad joke (the lesbian thing)?

About L/P/S I do think they use Sheldon to ask the big questions in the L/P relationship, he already did that in the last episode to Leonard too.

Wether some of you like it or not, he is invested (for selfish reasons, but also because he does care about both of them) in their relationship.

Here is to hoping we are finally getting to the better episodes this season, really looking forward to the next taping report.

I think it was an Okay episode (at least much better then 7x12).

I liked Amy's line about the rat brain, since she "threatened" with dissection a specific rat that had been biting her all week before.

I didn't get why Raj (and Howard) started making jokes again about the Shamy relationship, I thought episode 11 finally pointed out how their relationship works.

I didn't like the guild trip Bert was on to get Amy to go with him, and I expected Amy to be a stronger person to turn him down right away, even though she doesn't want to hurt his feelings.

And while I was glad that Howard and Raj in the end stood up for Amy, why again did the writers need to ruin it with a bad joke (the lesbian thing)?

About L/P/S I do think they use Sheldon to ask the big questions in the L/P relationship, he already did that in the last episode to Leonard too.

Wether some of you like it or not, he is invested (for selfish reasons, but also because he does care about both of them) in their relationship.

Here is to hoping we are finally getting to the better episodes this season, really looking forward to the next taping report.

I didn't think the lesbian joke was really that bad of a statement. The timing of it was good and the way I saw it was that Bert was so determined to go out with Amy that Raj and Howard figured there was no alternative to go with, except for  telling him that she was a lesbian just so his feelings wouldn't have been hurt as much.

Also, I seem to remember something in last week's preview about "something you won't believe". What was this?

Did you mean Sheldon saying in the Promo "didn't see that one coming"? or something like that?

If so, it was just making fun of the Meditation tape.

That wasn't part of her original audition and she'd been on the show for over a year when she first used it. Carol Ann Suzi(Mrs Wolowitz) gave her tips helping her get closer to the voice Carol Ann uses. What if find interesting is that Melissa is good at voices, as is Simon. It would be fun to see an episode where they both are doing different voices.

Oh. Thanks for that.

How do you know this stuff?

I was watching the Contractual Obligation Implementation and saw Burt, dressed exactly as he was in this episode, talking to Raj on his and Lucy's texting date.

• Like 1

This episode was ok, but I can't manage to pay any attention to the Lenny scenes, I feel like they're actually saying the same things every episode and they get me bored.

I'm not really worried for penny, she quit her job but it's a sitcom and I'm pretty sure something will happen for her.

I don't really know why this feeling came to me but I would like to see Leonard's mother in a next episode. 

I appreciated Stuart/Bernie's interaction, I'm glad stuart had someone to support him in this episode even though it was for a short time.

I thought that the episode was okay but not outstanding.  I would have liked to hear Penny's answer when Leonard asked her where their relationship was going.  Before she could say anything Sheldon jumps in worried about HIM, but I suppose by this time it shouldn't have surprised me that he did.

This was a good episode that is obviously part of a transnational arc in the Leonard and Penny relationship. They have performed a mid-season upgrade of L/P each year starting with season 4. This looks like we are half way through this years upgrade period and it deals with what do we do with Sheldon now that L/P are approaching a complete, permanent meager (with all their usual bumps and pains).

Loved how the writers gave a wink to the audience about what they are struggling to decide, by having Sheldon asks the big questions: "When are you two getting married?" and "where are we going to live?".

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 3

Thought this was a GOOD episode and graded it as such.

I like how they are mixing up the groupings - Amy/Raj/Howard and Bernadette/Stuart.  I thought that worked well and was pretty amusing.  I think the only 'pairing' we haven't seen is Bernadette/Sheldon.  I would be interested to see these two together for a change.

I agree with many who said that the major questions of the night were not addressed - What is happening between L/P?  Marriage?  Cohabitation?  WHAT??  The dynamics will change if Penny moves in with Leonard and Sheldon and I'm not sure in a good way for LENNY.   Twice already this season we've seen Sheldon/Penny standing shoulder to shoulder  opposite Leonard in a discussion.  I fear the character of Leonard will simply disappear in this possible new arrangement if the writers are not mindful.

This was a good episode that is obviously part of a transnational arc in the Leonard and Penny relationship.

Seems that way to me, too. Remember, people, sweeps are coming up; lots of opportunities then to see how things progress. I know the writers are big fans of the "write it and forget it" school, but IMHO things like this are simply too big to just bring up once and then sweep it under the rug forever. We'll see it addressed again. Don't be so impatient. ;):biggrin:

• Like 1

This was a good episode that is obviously part of a transnational arc in the Leonard and Penny relationship. They have performed a mid-season upgrade of L/P each year starting with season 4. This looks like we are half way through this years upgrade period and it deals with what do we do with Sheldon now that L/P are approaching a complete, permanent meager (with all their usual bumps and pains).

Loved how the writers gave a wink to the audience about what they are struggling to decide, by having Sheldon asks the big questions: "When are you two getting married?" and "where are we going to live?".

I think you've nailed it. Can't think of any othrer logical explanation.

I thought it was extremely obnoxious of Sheldon to be in on that conversation. I found it very annoying so if the writers intended that, then kudos. I just wanted to hear Leonard and Penny talk but I guess I have to remember this is a sitcom.

• Like 1

I thought it was extremely obnoxious of Sheldon to be in on that conversation. I found it very annoying so if the writers intended that, then kudos. I just wanted to hear Leonard and Penny talk but I guess I have to remember this is a sitcom.

It was much the same in the airport scene in "The Bon Voyage Reaction" last year. At least this time he asked the questions a lot of viewers would like answers to.

I hated the puppy dog act, just like I didnt like them treating Sheldon like a child I'm not at all complaining about Jim's portrayal of it but I just dont like the storyline. *shrugs*

• Like 2

Sheldon just does not think like a normal adult person. He said he was as much a part of the relationship as they were. Who could think that? Where are we all going to live? One of two people will have to sit him down and talk to him. The only two he actually listens to are his Mom and Amy. I kind of think it needs to be Amy but how could she want him as a boyfriend if he thinks he is staying with Leonard and Penny forever?

Penny could have invited Leonard over to her apartment if she wanted to talk in private. If Penny does not want to talk to Leonard in private I don't see them having a great future together.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

Shel_Ra_Ho_Le said: I hated the puppy dog act...

(Sorry, the quote function doesn't seem to work on this computer...)

There wasn't really a "puppy dog act" that people keep talking about.  It was one joke, really, to emphasize Leonard telling Sheldon to stay, not a "puppy dog act".  I think it was funny and really well done, but it's not as if it was a major part of the episode.

I think all of this "treating Sheldon like their child" stuff also gets blown out of proportion.  It was an exaggeration in a couple of episodes to make the situation funnier, but it's not as if it's an ongoing thing.

• Like 2

wow- amy looked hot with her hair pulled back in a pony,

nice red sweater.glad amy did not take any shit from raj 

what asshole he is, than blames howard.

bernie is great when she is mad, to bad she still 

purchased the comic book.

poor leonard kept putting is foot in is mouth.

the speech at the end was sweet and he is proud

of penny for taking the risk

I confess I didn´t like very much this episode :(

But the worst for me was the "puppy dog act", at the beginning was little bit nice and Sheldon looked sweet making those sounds and faces...but then Leornad told him "sit there!" and then Penny told him "come!" like we do with the dogs and I felt this very silly because it was like they were trying to explain me that "yes, they are doing as Sheldon is a dog"...but I just understood this, I mean, they remarked the obvious and spoiled the joke.

And the story about Sheldon forced to have vacations and him annoying his friends because of this, it is a déjà vu.

And the genital´s joke was very YUCK , as yuck as the jokes about Sheldon´s sister´s delivery few weeks ago  :girlmad:  Not funny at all. I am sorry guys, I am sure some of you will desagree but for me, looks that type of joke some men say to each other, in a "men context" and only them can laugh about it...I don´t know if I am explaining myself....but this type of jokes sometimes arise little bit in TBBT.

I think the only I really enjoyed in this episode was the Amy/Howard/Raj part. Amy looked so pretty and confident! I don´t know, something different...And Stuart...I always like Stuart :)

I've been doing hard core yoga for 8 years. Never heard the straw and yoga thing. I wonder if that is true?

I've been doing hard core yoga for 8 years. Never heard the straw and yoga thing. I wonder if that is true?

If you test it, please keep it to yourself!

• Like 5

I've never before wondered it, don't currently wonder it, and will never in the future wonder it. In fact, I will endeavor to work as hard as I can to put the notion completely out of my brain before precious neurons are damaged permanently. :biggrin:

Edited by Martin Pollard
  • Like 2

If you test it, please keep it to yourself!

I disagree, I wanna know if it works.. FOR SCIENCE!

• Like 2

it seems fairly obvious to me that they are working towards Penny moving in with Leonard and Sheldon.   She can't keep her apartment after quitting her job, and I don't think that Leonard can afford to support her why she tries to get an acting job.

• Like 2