The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Convict13

Sherlock (Possible Spoilers)

So did anyone see Sherlock S3.1?  If so what did you think? 

Myself I thought that Sherlock was more personable in this episode, those two years he had gone away and had a bit of a personality change, a little bit.  

Oh I am waiting for the subtitles!!!! I hope until tonight that I'll be back from work they'll be uploaded!!!! I just watched a video..the kiss..

Oh I am waiting for the subtitles!!!! I hope until tonight that I'll be back from work they'll be uploaded!!!! I just watched a video..the kiss..

Which one, Sherlock was giving them away!

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Which one, Sherlock was giving them away!

I think she means the Molly kiss. They cut the second before he kissed Moriarty but the Molly one was onscreen. And I also thought it was HOT. Louise Brealey must have had a pregnancy test done after that kiss, seriously. I don't even find Benedict Cumberbatch attractive, but, HOT DAMN that kiss!

Regarding the episode, I loved it, I always enjoy Mark Gatiss's writing and this one didn't let me down. I loved Mary Morstan as well, although, trying not to get attached as I grew up reading Sherlock when I was a kid, I kinda know what's gonna happen so... but it's hard, I loved Amanda Abbington playing Mary.

• Like 2

Yeah I meant the Molly kiss.I actually saw a gif with Sherlock and Moriarty. The kiss with Molly was so SO HOT!!!!! Sursonica I like Benedict so imagine what that scene did to me!!!!! I hope by the time I get home the subtitles will be available cause I need to watch that ep!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Yeah I guessed that was the one that you were talking about,  Louise tweeted that it took 4 takes and that she told Benedict that the hair ruffle was sexy, nice job if you can get it hey!

It was a very interesting episode there was a lot to do and I know some ppl are complaining that the reason that Sherlock came back storyline was a little thin, but I think it had to be, the main story had to be the return of Sherlock into the lives John etc.   So another early tomorrow to watch  and then only 1 more  :(.  

• Like 1

So did anyone see Sherlock S3.1?  If so what did you think? 

Myself I thought that Sherlock was more personable in this episode, those two years he had gone away and had a bit of a personality change, a little bit.  

I agree he was a lot more personable in this one.  It could be that he genuinely missed everyone and like Sheldon had an epiphany that being alone isn't all that fun.   LOL!   I really loved his interaction with Molly in this one.   It was adorable.   And well as everyone said, that kiss was to die for.  It was really, really HOT!  

I also liked Lestrade's reaction to his return.  Oh my gosh...he didn't miss a beat, it was as if he knew Sherlock well enough that it didn't phase him a bit that he returned, yet that hug of a friend thrilled to find out that he may have been right on his assumption that Sherlock would return was great.   It was a great contrast to John's reaction, who was angry that he had been not clued in.   Neither had but it was great to see their contrasts.

I loved Mary.  She was wonderful and when she said "I like him" I laughed because it was just so matter of fact and nearly flirty in a way.  It was like she was trying to entice John to forgive him so they both could enjoy his return.  LOL!

• Like 1

So I watched Ep 2 this morning.  It was a strange one, Sherlock is getting too used to people for my liking, and he seemed like two different people, he has not very nice to Mrs Hudson, but he wanted to dance with the bridesmaid, and even got the joke about the handcuffs.  "Down Girl"  

I am looking forward to the 3rd one a lot, I think that will be more "case" based than the other two have been, I know they were important for the story but I want to see him in action, and by that I mean not on the dance floor.

I actually am finding Sherlock different but amusing so his new-found like for people that are important to him seems to not bother me too much.  I just have sort of sensory overload from these episodes because of the fast pace editing and switching from story to story, introducing lots of bits and pieces, jumping between them back and forth,  and then bringing them together to all intersect...it was quite an overwhelming and exhausting episode to sit and watch.  I loved every moment of it though (especially seeing Irene again).   I didn't care for Sherlock cozy-ing up to the bridesmaid and found that very uncharacteristic.  However, I figured he was using her in a way in order to let his mind continue to do the unraveling he needed to do.   I still feel bad for Molly because her finance was an embarrassment and you can tell she still loves Sherlock.   I was hoping in the end he would ask her to dance.    The ending was sort of depressing actually, with him walking off alone and realizing that John was already in a trio (with a baby coming) so he would not be as important to John (which I doubt will be the case, but he thought so as he left).  

I actually am finding Sherlock different but amusing so his new-found like for people that are important to him seems to not bother me too much.  I just have sort of sensory overload from these episodes because of the fast pace editing and switching from story to story, introducing lots of bits and pieces, jumping between them back and forth,  and then bringing them together to all intersect...it was quite an overwhelming and exhausting episode to sit and watch.  I loved every moment of it though (especially seeing Irene again).   I didn't care for Sherlock cozy-ing up to the bridesmaid and found that very uncharacteristic.  However, I figured he was using her in a way in order to let his mind continue to do the unraveling he needed to do.   I still feel bad for Molly because her finance was an embarrassment and you can tell she still loves Sherlock.   I was hoping in the end he would ask her to dance.    The ending was sort of depressing actually, with him walking off alone and realizing that John was already in a trio (with a baby coming) so he would not be as important to John (which I doubt will be the case, but he thought so as he left).  

and of course him walking away echoed Mrs Hudson's earlier conversation.  

.   I didn't care for Sherlock cozy-ing up to the bridesmaid and found that very uncharacteristic. 

I actually think it was a nice nod to The Lion’s Mane, where Sherlock really hits it off with a character named Maude. Sherlock was quite taken by her even if nothing happened. In that short story he says "she will always remain in my memory".  As a big SACD geek I appreciated that sort of round-about reference.

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to Ep 3, I've heard wonderful things about it, the only problem is that I will have to wait until I get home from work on Monday night to watch it, with the last couple I've been able to watch them on the BBC website straight after they have been shown as I've been on leave. 

I think I like the more case based episodes, which I thought Eps 1 and 2 weren't so much. Have you seen Ep 2?  I have a question which I care to discuss but I want to make sure you have seen it before hand.

Yes, I've now seen Sherlock 3.1 and 3.2. Both of them have been great, in my opinion. Looking forward to episode 3.

Ok so why didn't they see the weapon on the first victim?

That is a good question. I think that he stabbed the first victim and but didn't leave the weapon in his body.He didn't bleed cause his belt was really tight but when he loosened the belt he started bleeding. Maybe I am really wrong I don't know.

I have a question too. Did we finaly get to know how Sherlock faked his death?? What he said to that guy(I don't remember his name) was it real?? I was left with the impression that it wasn't.

That is a good question. I think that he stabbed the first victim and but didn't leave the weapon in his body.He didn't bleed cause his belt was really tight but when he loosened the belt he started bleeding. Maybe I am really wrong I don't know.

I have a question too. Did we finaly get to know how Sherlock faked his death?? What he said to that guy(I don't remember his name) was it real?? I was left with the impression that it wasn't.

I thought the belt held the blade? The belt couldn't be that tight that it would stop them from bleeding, that would just be too uncomfortable.  I thought the cameraman inserted the blade through the belt, that the belt just held it in place, but I could be wrong. Most likely am wrong.

Anderson is the "fan girl" ex forensic.  I think basically the story that Sherlock tells Anderson is the most likely, but I don't think they are really going to tell us.

I absolutely loved the two new episodes, but I think their sweetness and general happiness foreshadows a tragic third episode; that's why they really dragged the emotional and relationship-based scenes: for us to really care when Mary's going to die...

I can't wait for this evening! I've prepared loads of tissues and comforting food...

Concerning the blade; it's so thin that the belt itself can keep the victim from feeling anything and bleeding.

Edited by FrenchBBTfan

I thought the belt held the blade? The belt couldn't be that tight that it would stop them from bleeding, that would just be too uncomfortable.  I thought the cameraman inserted the blade through the belt, that the belt just held it in place, but I could be wrong. Most likely am wrong.

Anderson is the "fan girl" ex forensic.  I think basically the story that Sherlock tells Anderson is the most likely, but I don't think they are really going to tell us.

Yes, the photographer stabbed him from the back when he was making the guard, we don't know if they found the weapon though , all we knew is that they took him to the hospital and he survived.

And yeah I don't think they're ever going to tell us how he did it, even though the explanation he gave to Anderson was the most plausible one.

Last night's episode was awesome. I can't wait to re-watch it again tonight

Edited by Sursonica

Yes, the photographer stabbed him from the back when he was making the guard, we don't know if they found the weapon though , all we knew is that they took him to the hospital and he survived.

And yeah I don't think they're ever going to tell us how he did it, even though the explanation he gave to Anderson was the most plausible one.

Last night's episode was awesome. I can't wait to re-watch it again tonight

Was that Episode 3 you watched?  I just loved it, my favourite ever I think, 15 mins to go and I really was at the edge of my seat thinking, what is going to happen here, it was so tense. I think I liked Mycroft a lot more after Ep3, he turned from funny to threatening so quickly, he was scary. Mark Gatiss just gives himself the best lines,  "Am I happy too?  I haven't checked."    (Although I think Moffat wrote Ep 3).

I read today they are hoping to make Season 4 to be shown at Christmas 2014 in the UK, but that depends on Benedict's and Martin's schedules.  

Edited by Convict13

Was that Episode 3 you watched?  I just loved it, my favourite ever I think, 15 mins to go and I really was at the edge of my seat thinking, what is going to happen here, it was so tense. I think I liked Mycroft a lot more after Ep3, he turned from funny to threatening so quickly, he was scary. Mark Gatiss just gives himself the best lines,  "Am I happy too?  I haven't checked."    (Although I think Moffat wrote Ep 3).

I read today they are hoping to make Season 4 to be shown at Christmas 2014 in the UK, but that depends on Benedict's and Martin's schedules.  

Agreed it was epic!. My boyfriend was in the other room when I was watching and kept checking on me cos I kept screaming every now and then LOL

I saw this as I was looking for TBBT on red carpet at SAG 2014, who are those women looking at with Ben standing right in front of them? 

benedict-cumberbatch-sag-awards-2014.jpg

Actually if you look at all three seasons I think Episode Two in all of them is the weakest, Season 1, The Blind Banker is my least favourite episode.  Season 2, The Hounds of Baskerville (I like it, but my least favourite of Season 2).

I have to agree The Sign of Three could have done with a bit of chopping, not so much wedding speech (imagine Benedict's face when he got the script), I thought the "crime" was a little weak as well, not up to their usual high standard, and I think the guards have very lapse security.  

But His Last Vow more than made up for it, certainly one of my favourites, dark, dark and dark.  

BTW I had not idea who Darren Brown was until people starting mentioning him, ah now considering Moriarty is back was the second option the correct one?

Another thing I realised it's John Watson that doesn't have friends, he only had Sherlock along for the stag night.

Slightly excited just found out the Benedict Cumberbatch is coming to my town next month for two days!  It's for the Oz Comic Con, I would love to go, but looking at some of the prices for the Charmed and Whovian meet and greets I doubt I will be able to, they havent set the pricing yet, but I can imagine that Mr Cumberbatch would not be cheap.