In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

Count Wally de Honk

I absolutely love Shenny. I find their relationship the most genuine. They are so radiant and have such great chemistry. The room just lights up when they are together. It would be an incredibly wonderful twist if they do end up together romantically.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the problem with shipping two characters in a romantic paradigm, is regardless of the compatiblity in the show, people are going to ship who the heck they want too. It could be based on a glance, or a feeling, or if I was Penny scenario e.t.c. I have in the past got a tad worked up about this whole thing lol, its not neccessarily the ship it self, but the specific people behind the ship. I have found their are two types of Shennies; 1. Platonic Shenny or Romantic Shenny, knowing at the same time it well never happen, its just a cute what if scenario or 2. Penny has dated Leonard hanged out with the guys every day, because she secretly deep down wants Sheldon, and cannot handle it anymore! And I don't care what Chuck Lorre says, he is only saying that to as a decoy, they are really planning on putting them together, its so obvious! *eyes roll* lol. To me it's not the actual ship, its the idea it self, I well be honest I have watched TBBT since I was 17, the idea of Shenny never occured to, to a few years later when I Went on the internet haha. Other then that I acknowledge their peculiar, intimate maternal relationship, but their friendship in reality was really vicarousley through Leonard. It diddnt even occur to me on the surface, the possibility of putting a very sexual character and a almost Assexual character together, logically it made no sense. So I guess I have always had a knee jerk reaction when the context of conversation is discussed in regards to Shenny, I think on some level though we all enjoy all the characters, and shipping to characters who have never looked each other in that way, its just not the way they are built is harmless. I think over time though people have deconstructed, this odd almost brother/sister relationship, to suit their own personal preferances, it's almost a distinction and dechatomy between perception and reality. I have always been a Lenny shipper, but if the writers decided in the first three seasons to put Sheldon and Penny as a couple, I would still watch the show they wouldent last a week, because they have absoloutely nothing in common on any real physical level, but it would be fascinating if anything.

• 2 weeks later...

A page for everyone’s favourite miserable bastard! Huzzah!

Or perhaps nobody’s favourite.

Not even the favourite of a stray cat.

7597_900.png

http://www.thebigbangtheoryhq.com/#!the-existential-angst-of-stuart-bloom/c1g2p

On other matters....

@3ku11 my pal, if you use the word ‘dechatomy’ again, I will wallop you. Or at least strike you with my hat. You’re only over the seas. I can hire a boat. The word is dichotomy, sir, dichotomy! I wouldn’t mind, but it’s the fourth or fifth time, and it stands out in the midst of your otherwise elegant prose like a berk on a marble staircase.

In regards to your mini-essay; I trust you’ll notice that the homepage specifically references Sheldon and Penny’s “comedic brilliance and startling chemistry” not Sheldon and Penny’s "deeply sublimated desire to rip each other’s pants off.”

We’ll be including more articles and pages for the sporadic characters (Mary Cooper, Gablehauser, Zack “what species is THAT?” Johnson, etc), in addition to more science-based episodes, and the Raj/Howard and Sheldon/Leonard friendships in general. There’ll also be a whole spiel about Buster Keaton/Jim Parsons, which personally I’m getting unreasonably enthusiastic about, and a schtick on the metaphysics of being Wil Wheaton.

In the mean, here’s a page you might like mate. I saw you wishing for a return of the Penny Blossom venture; (please note that one of the Penny Blossoms has Bluetooth)

http://www.thebigbangtheoryhq.com/#!the-work-song-nanocluster/c106z

Regards, Wally.

Edited by Count Wally de Honk
  • Like 3

Wow, this is really a beautiful site :) I am not a Shenny (I like Sheldon-Amy relationchip) but I am SHELDON PURIST too (because of this I just got some barking here :(  And I love the firsts seasons most than everything.

From one side I feel happy that people who feel attacked when they give their opinion here will have that site for expressing themselves in freedom but, for the other side I feel sad too because, as I said many times here, we have the right to write here our opinion and we should not receive horribles replies because of that :( Sometimes I leave this site for a while because I become tired to see always the same people barking on the people who is thinking diferent than them. The old people stop to say what they think about the episodes for not getting this problem but then new people join and write their opinion ignoring what will surely happen, and of course very fast they get the same type of answer we all receive and all start again and again 80

It is an ashame that this type of site was needed to be made guys. There are so much kind of dictators in this world :(

And IMO if the nostalgics and purist run away from here this site will become kind of boring :lazy:

• Like 4

Wow, this is really a beautiful site :) I am not a Shenny (I like Sheldon-Amy relationchip) but I am SHELDON PURIST too (because of this I just got some barking here :(  And I love the firsts seasons most than everything.

From one side I feel happy that people who feel attacked when they give their opinion here will have that site for expressing themselves in freedom but, for the other side I feel sad too because, as I said many times here, we have the right to write here our opinion and we should not receive horribles replies because of that :( Sometimes I leave this site for a while because I become tired to see always the same people barking on the people who is thinking diferent than them. The old people stop to say what they think about the episodes for not getting this problem but then new people join and write their opinion ignoring what will surely happen, and of course very fast they get the same type of answer we all receive and all start again and again 80

It is an ashame that this type of site was needed to be made guys. There are so much kind of dictators in this world :(

And IMO if the nostalgics and purist run away from here this site will become kind of boring :lazy:

Very true.

I've been very afraid to post on this site after seeing the responses to others.

Why be afraid they're only words.

'sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me' (Quote from an unknown source)

But words CAN hurt. I have issues with confrontation and don't want to deal with the angry responses or being made to feel stupid if I post the wrong opinion, and I think my opinion on some things would not be liked by most people here.  I get nervous enough just reading and not posting.

Edited by juvvy
  • Like 4

Here's the thing, there has to be a reason you came to the opinion. If it you look at an events, in the show, in a certain way, and it can be shown that they way you look at it in error, or there are other examples that refute your interpretation, how is that being angry or making you feel stupid? I understand that there are some posters who can get angry or snarky. I an get snarky myself, but usually after another starts being snarky.

Why be afraid they're only words.

'sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me' (Quote from an unknown source)

Not the originator but certainly a proponent, I give you Rick.....

But words CAN hurt. I have issues with confrontation and don't want to deal with the angry responses or being made to feel stupid if I post the wrong opinion, and I think my opinion on some things would not be liked by most people here.  I get nervous enough just reading and not posting.

This is a ship zone juvvy, you can post what you feel here without fear of rebuttal.  Or pop to ShennyHQ if you're not comfortable. :)

Seeing as we have songs for Shamy going on elsewhere on this site, thought I'd share the inspiration for my ongoing Shenny fic here:

Freak Scene, by Dinosaur Junior (showing my age) ;)

Seen enough to eye you
But I've seen too much to try you
It's always weirdness while you
Dig it much too much to fry you
The weirdness flows between us
Anyone can tell to see us
Freak scene just can't believe us
Why can't it just be cool and free us?

Seen enough to eye you
But I've seen too much to try you
It's always weirdness while you
Dig it much too much to fry you
The weirdness flows between us
Anyone can tell to see us
Freak scene just can't believe us
Why can't it just be cool and leave us?

It's so f**ked I can't believe it
If there's a way I wish we'd see it
How could it work just can't conceive it
Oh what a mess it's just to leave it

Sometimes I don't thrill you
Sometimes I think I'll kill you
Just don't let me f**k up will you
'cause when I need a friend it's still you

What a mess

Anyways, left the story-followers hanging in a truly horrible place so best put them out of their misery.........back to work
Edited by AThingOfBeauty

This is a ship zone juvvy, you can post what you feel here without fear of rebuttal.  Or pop to ShennyHQ if you're not comfortable. :)

Small correction, this thread isn't a ship zone, the ship zone would be the Sheldon and Penny thread. This thread should be for discussion of ShennyHQ. I contributed to taking it off topic. Mea Culpa.

• Like 1

I've PMed you :)

But words CAN hurt. I have issues with confrontation and don't want to deal with the angry responses or being made to feel stupid if I post the wrong opinion, and I think my opinion on some things would not be liked by most people here. I get nervous enough just reading and not posting.

But words CAN hurt. I have issues with confrontation and don't want to deal with the angry responses or being made to feel stupid if I post the wrong opinion, and I think my opinion on some things would not be liked by most people here. I get nervous enough just reading and not posting.

You shouldn't feel nervous to post, i haven't seen anyone made someone feel stupid be cause they have a different opinion. Theirs a few who may have personal preferences or an agenda, so different personalities clash. The people that you may have seen get blasted haha, are either ppl who consistently week after week, slam the show for what ever reason, and sure everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the whole point of forums is to have constructive discussions. The posters who create a thread that says show sucks, or try to stereotype the show, like the one thread that said but is portraying unrealistic portrayl of women, like women are not attracted to pathetic nerdy beta males, which tbh is a contradiction in it self lol but anyway. I'm not saying their using some who try to set the tone or the type of fan you should be, its more in the minority. I have the feeling you don't like the direction the shows taken, saw a comment that you don't recognise the show anymore, and that as fine your entitled to aan opinion, but just so you know that as opinion not fact.

From my experience I find ppl who don't like the show anymore, or complain about the show, are usually have outgrown the show. The central premise of the show was clearly evolving by s4, like it or not, its a fact. the show is slowly maturing. I actually think the shows never been better, that's my opinion I've enjoyed seeing the geeks deal with real life problems, as the show now becomesmore bolder aand refined, and deal with relationships, because let's be honest they are not adolescents theyhy arew getting too old for geek culture. The show was never about geeks, the premise of the show was about geeks becoming socially aware, they are becoming ppl now haha if that makes sense haha. The shows audience is nearly twenty mill, either ppl want more geeky science, or some want more progression in the relationships, you prob ask why can't they do both, and your right the writing has really lacked continuity. Molaros great but ever since he took over prady, in an effort to expand the show and widen its audience (it clearly worked), I think they have struggled for balance, more characters to write for now in a 22 min show, they can't cater to everyone's personal tastes, either the show gets criticised for perpetuating thew stereotype nerdsa cxant get chicks or the way it is now it now gets critized for just being like other shows. And clearly theirs some who don't watch the show now because sheldon and penny didn't have as much scenes to their liking, or they hate Amy, or want Sheldon the only one to be single etc.

To me Shenny Haas always been a maternal relationship, with no possibility of a romantic relationship, and kinda one of convinience the through Leonard, but everyone shld have the rrigfht to ship or express any opinion they want too, and this is a fan site so if you like the show then post.

Edited by 3ku11

Here's the thing, there has to be a reason you came to the opinion. If it you look at an events, in the show, in a certain way, and it can be shown that they way you look at it in error, or there are other examples that refute your interpretation, how is that being angry or making you feel stupid? I understand that there are some posters who can get angry or snarky. I an get snarky myself, but usually after another starts being snarky.

This is what I mean, why the need to "refute" or "correct" what someone else feels? Opinions can be based on a thousand different things you know nothing about. I have been reading here for about two years. I like to read what other people feel about the episodes but if someone says they do not like something they get ganged up on and mocked by the same small group of people.  It may not be your intent but the feeling I get is that they are being bullied to either change their opinion to the "correct" one, be quiet or leave. I have noticed that most of those people do not write here anymore. Most people just agree with each other now. Maybe that is what you wanted but I feel it is a shame.  I went to look at this Shenny site but I do not see the same people there. Maybe they just stopped watching the show.

This is the most I have ever posted here and my palms are sweating.  I am going back to just reading.

You shouldn't feel nervous to post, i haven't seen anyone made someone feel stupid be cause they have a different opinion. Theirs a few who may have personal preferences or an agenda, so different personalities clash. The people that you may have seen get blasted haha, are either ppl who consistently week after week, slam the show for what ever reason, and sure everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the whole point of forums is to have constructive discussions. The posters who create a thread that says show sucks, or try to stereotype the show, like the one thread that said but is portraying unrealistic portrayl of women, like women are not attracted to pathetic nerdy beta males, which tbh is a contradiction in it self lol but anyway. I'm not saying their using some who try to set the tone or the type of fan you should be, its more in the minority. I have the feeling you don't like the direction the shows taken, saw a comment that you don't recognise the show anymore, and that as fine your entitled to aan opinion, but just so you know that as opinion not fact.

From my experience I find ppl who don't like the show anymore, or complain about the show, are usually have outgrown the show. The central premise of the show was clearly evolving by s4, like it or not, its a fact. the show is slowly maturing. I actually think the shows never been better, that's my opinion I've enjoyed seeing the geeks deal with real life problems, as the show now becomesmore bolder aand refined, and deal with relationships, because let's be honest they are not adolescents theyhy arew getting too old for geek culture. The show was never about geeks, the premise of the show was about geeks becoming socially aware, they are becoming ppl now haha if that makes sense haha. The shows audience is nearly twenty mill, either ppl want more geeky science, or some want more progression in the relationships, you prob ask why can't they do both, and your right the writing has really lacked continuity. Molaros great but ever since he took over prady, in an effort to expand the show and widen its audience (it clearly worked), I think they have struggled for balance, more characters to write for now in a 22 min show, they can't cater to everyone's personal tastes, either the show gets criticised for perpetuating thew stereotype nerdsa cxant get chicks or the way it is now it now gets critized for just being like other shows. And clearly theirs some who don't watch the show now because sheldon and penny didn't have as much scenes to their liking, or they hate Amy, or want Sheldon the only one to be single etc.

To me Shenny Haas always been a maternal relationship, with no possibility of a romantic relationship, and kinda one of convinience the through Leonard, but everyone shld have the rrigfht to ship or express any opinion they want too, and this is a fan site so if you like the show then post.

I am sorry but I am tired and this is just too hard to read and understand.

• Like 2

Well fine you diddnt have to say anything buf anyway. I kinda agres tho atm, i feel hesistant of shsring any of my opinions particularly when it comes to ships. I feel if i have the sllightest implication im oppossing their ship, or im not fangirling, or im not jumpinng on their ship bsndwagon. Im made to feel stupid, or because i have a slightly different opinion, suddenly im a troll. Like with chat for instance, so much fangirling going on in their haha, im just worried now if i try to deter the topic of conversation with a diff opinion, or im not fangirling ovrr their ship im made to feel stupid or suddenly your atroll lol, becsuse apparently the certain things you can say and cant say, and its unfathonable anyone has a diff opinion that may not be positive, doesent mean neccesarrily your trying to downplay their ship, its just you havr a diff opinion and should be encouraged.

It should feel like that, the whole point of a forum is to have arguments and discuss story arcs with varying degree. If everyone had the same opinion it would be boring, and i do get in some cases a majoe milestone in your ship like the sik. But that shouldent stop you from having a healthy discussion regardless if it opposes your ship, it kinda feels like a dictatorship here sometimes. Im not saying its like that all da time, but it feels like battleships sometimes, and it shouldent be like that.

Edited by 3ku11

Well fine you diddnt have to say anything buf anyway. I kinda agres tho atm, i feel hesistant of shsring any of my opinions particularly when it comes to ships. I feel if i have the sllightest implication im oppossing their ship, or im not fangirling, or im not jumpinng on their ship bsndwagon. Im made to feel stupid, or because i have a slightly different opinion, suddenly im a troll. Like with chat for instance, so much fangirling going on in their haha, im just worried now if i try to deter the topic of conversation with a diff opinion, or im not fangirling ovrr their ship im made to feel stupid or suddenly your atroll lol, becsuse apparently the certain things you can say and cant say, and its unfathonable anyone has a diff opinion that may not be positive, doesent mean neccesarrily your trying to downplay their ship, its just you havr a diff opinion and should be encouraged.

It should feel like that, the whole point of a forum is to have arguments and discuss story arcs with varying degree. If everyone had the same opinion it would be boring, and i do get in some cases a majoe milestone in your ship like the sik. But that shouldent stop you from having a healthy discussion regardless if it opposes your ship, it kinda feels like a dictatorship here sometimes. Im not saying its like that all da time, but it feels like battleships sometimes, and it shouldent be like that.

Hi, I did not mean to sound rude before but I was very tired. I think I agree with you about posting out here. This site now seems to be very dominated by people who love Amy and anyone who does not is made to feel very unwelcome. My view is that I do not think Sheldon should have any girlfriend and especially one like Amy who seems to trick and manipulate him. I think she is very mean and selfish inside and tries to make him feel guilty to get what she wants. But I know those are very, very, very unpopular opinions here and I will now get attacked. I do not want to get in big arguments with people. I do not attack what they write. I just want to write what I think.

Edited by juvvy

Hi, I did not mean to sound rude before but I was very tired. I think I agree with you about posting out here. This site now seems to be very dominated by people who love Amy and anyone who does not is made to feel very unwelcome. My view is that I do not think Sheldon should have any girlfriend and especially one like Amy who seems to trick and manipulate him. I think she is very mean and selfish inside and tries to make him feel guilty to get what she wants. But I know those are very, very, very unpopular opinions here and I will now get attacked. I do not want to get in big arguments with people. I do not attack what they write. I just want to write what I think.

I think your views are very fair since I also used to think that way. It was only during the recent holidays when I rewatched TBBT from Season 1 had I seen Amy from a different light. But I like to believe the writers are presenting to us flawed characters - I can't think of one TBBT character who is not selfish and manipulative to be honest. It's just that they are selfish and manipulative about different things. When I did my marathon, what incredibly saddened me is the fact that while the others were able to successfully manipulate into getting what they want, Amy is consistently unsuccessful. I can make a list here about how the other characters try to outwit each other and actually gain what they desire for but I'd keep this as short as possible. Amy's intentions are also so much purer than others. All her sleazetalk is nothing but that - just talk. I can see that even she herself has accepted she would not be able to get what she wants but is sticking through anyway. While she has selfishness in her, I'd like to think that all of the main characters in TBBT do. Because they're defined to be like that - flawed. 

This from a former Shenny shipper from Season 1-4.

Edited by wanmeii
  • Like 2

Hey, I had a look. It's a delight to the eye and a refreshment to the cognitive faculties... You're all barking mad and that's great. I will pop over from time to time to relish the existence of a mind that comes along once or twice in a generation... and the girl with no last name and no bra... Hehehe. LOL

• Like 2

Hey, I had a look. It's a delight to the eye and a refreshment to the cognitive faculties... You're all barking mad and that's great. I will pop over from time to time to relish the existence of a mind that comes along once or twice in a generation... and the girl with no last name and no bra... Hehehe. LOL

You do that. We'll make it nice...put out a spread. The like of which hasn't been seen since Dr Cooper's Nuevo Jerusalem....

Glad you liked the Penny page....I think most of the insanity gets channeled into the episode pages to be honest...there is some terrifying business going on there....My current favourite is Euclid Alternative http://www.thebigbangtheoryhq.com/#!the-euclid-alternative/c1vx0 and Friendship Algorithm, just because of that bastard's FACE. I also like Panty Pinata, because of the creepy-arse Lolcat and string of panties....Actually, you might like that one too...http://www.thebigbangtheoryhq.com/#!the-panty-pinata-polarization/c1wyn

Anyroad. Since you're being so charming about it, here's a present;

pennysol.gif

I find this quite mesmerising...

Edited by Count Wally de Honk
  • Like 5

OMG.. i love that gif Wally. :wub:

It's brilliant innit? Alas I didn't make it myself. I have all the technological know-how of a goat that's eaten a fob-watch...

I like your new signature.

I keep expecting N. Los Robles to witness the sudden manifestation of a Refrigerator Box Condo...with rainwater plumbing...

tumblr_m7zv9urry91qjmwu8o1_500.gif

(I've stuck this rather sappy gif here because the still image nearly blew the page out of whack with the sheer unnecessary size of it, and because COLD HEARTED MY ARSE! Vintage Sheldon was intrinsically a decent fellow...just smothered in uppitiness....If I was the sort of person to get enraged....actually, what am I saying...I'm ENRAGED that people (good people!) seem to forget this....)

ENRAGED I say! Or at least...the equivalent of whatever this is...which could be anything, really...

tumblr_lt8ttpbIfk1qdn8mro2_250.gif

• Like 4