The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.03 (Oct 5)

CBS has announced the details of Episode 3.03, The Gothowitz Deviation, which will air October 5th.

CBS Press Release: "The Gothowitz Deviation" - Howard and Raj visit a Goth nightclub to pick up women while Sheldon attempts to build a better Penny using chocolate-based behavior modification, on the THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, Oct. 5 (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

You can find more information on the episode in our Episode Guide.

HUSHUASUHAUSHUAHSUAUHSHUAHUSHUAHUSHUASUHAUSHUAHSUAUHSHUAHUSHUAHUSHUASUHAUSHUAHSUAUHSHUAHUSHUAHUSHUASUHAUSHUAHSUAUHSHUAHUSHUAHUSHUASUHAUSHUAHSUAUHSHUAHUSHUA "while Sheldon attempts to build a better Penny using chocolate-based behavior modification" ENOUGH SAID XDDDDD

• Like 1

LOL for this chocolate-based personnality modification! Totally Sheldon-like, yet I'm curious how Penny will turn out! ^_^

Sounds good. Hopefully the Leopnard-Penny thing will take a back seat for a while, and we will be treated to some whackiness.

Hhahahahaha, just seen the pictures from the episode in the gallery. While Raj looks to some degree tolarable as someone from the goth scene, Howard looks just so wrong!!! I thnk this will be great!

Spoiler alert guys! I've just found on Youtube the promo for next episode! Not much we already know (Sheldon trains Penny with chocolate), but if you don't mind spoilers for a sitcom, it might be funny! If you do mind, just don't click on the link!

Have fun! :)

Just saw the episode and I did liked it, but thanks god is a comedy and a show because if a friend of mine tries to do what sheldon was doing to my girlfriend...he would've end up looking like a racoon...both eyes black! lol and the way the ep. started...my god!! I would have learned to deal listening to shania twain or the high volume every morning just to wake up and see what leonard and sheldon did, for penny or any girl that behavior is completely tolerable with out question. No wonder why I have always liked french toast. hehehehe

Whatever, white_knight: If someone tried positive reinforcement on your girlfriend, as proven by the episode's ending, you'd just have to sleep with her so that she'll revert to her old self! Damn funny episode, controling Penny! The last chocolate throw, this was just too LOL! I'm sure we'll get some gag reel for this, it can't be easy, at that distance! I didn't really liked the Howard/Raj part, but that's personnal, because I don't really like scenes where the characters kinda humiliate themself! :p But it still had its part of fun time, so that's good! :) Oh, by the way: BAZINGA!

that's very true Irvine, though maybe a small slap on the head at the very least? between friends that's acceptable and also sleep with her as much as possible "to make sure of no more risks for any further attemps of reinforments", hehehehe and c'mon!!! throwing away her just made french toast! its lucky that sheldon is liked and funny after those things...just my opinion. I would also like to see the gag reels, that would be cool to know how many attempts were made.

Great epsiode!! I loved how Sheldon seemed to think he was acting subtly all the time... Hm, I wonder If I'd notice if anyone tried that on me.

I don't know, Bilkis, I guess it just depends on the guy's subtility, and your own sense of perception, too! By the way: Chocolate? :p

I think the episode should have ended with Penny telling Leonard that she's perfectly aware of what Sheldon is up to, but she's playing along because she gets chocolates and he acts like less of an obnoxious idiot. The spray bottle on Leonard would have been a lot funnier if I hadn't seen it on the preview. That made me realise that I need to stop watching previews so I can enjoy the episodes completely. The Goth subplot was funny only at the beginning, with Howard's ridiculous outfit. After that, not so much. I don't like it when characters embarrass themselves either. It's kind of cheap writing. All four characters -- Howard, Raj, Bethany, and Sarah -- were very written as one-dimensional stereotypes (Sarah says "Not that anyone cares" after every line, for example) and the "jokes" were very lame. It would have been a lot more interesting to see Howard and Raj discover some of the nuance and richness of Goth culture. There were many very funny moments, however. I think there's hope for the third season yet, now that the writers are dragging themselves out of the Leonard/Penny story swamp they'd been slogging through in the first two episodes. Steve

Irvine: You're right. CHOCOLATE! ;) Steve: When Penny used the deeper voice because Sheldon tried to train her to do so, I thought it was a bit souspicious that she did what he wanted so quickly. At that moment I kind of got the feeling she knows exactly what's happening and just wants the chocolate. At least that's what I like to think... besides, she showed that the concept of remuneration for "coorect" behaviour is nothing new to her, when she made Leonard set up her bed in the end...

Bilkis, I think you're right! That did seem too contrived ... unless she's playing along. I hope they continue that thread in the next episode. Steve

Was I the ONLY one who noticed that they were watching Oshikuru? o.O It's an huge easter egg! It's the same anime Jake helped Charlie to make a theme song on Two and a Half Man xD Omg I'm so happy I'm the first one to post it \o/ (not that anyone cares, lol xD)

You're right, Waffles. (Congratulations for being the first one to notice ;) )!! I was probably to busy wondering why Penny can eat so much chocolate and french toast without getting fat.... (not fair!). by the way, the "Bazinga" Sheldon said from the corner of his mouth was hilarious!

I really enjoyed this ep. Found the first 2 eps a bit slow, but this one was back on track, and a lot more fun. Funny how we see things differently. I really enjoyed Howard's Goth look and have no problem with him embarrassing himself, it's what his character does. I agree that the two Goth girls could have been a bit more 3-D but there's only so much time for character development in a 20 min ep. I loved Sheldon's chocolate conditioning and had spotted it fairly early into watching the ep, which made me very satisfied when Leonard realised. It is a very Sheldon solution to his irritations from Penny.

Another good episode. Not as awesone as i expected from the cbs description but still good. favorite part "Bad Leonard, *pfft*". The howard/raj plot started off good but got kind of lame in the end.