The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.03 (Oct 5)

I was wondering - what would a female Sheldon use to train the boyfriend of her flatmate? :icon_lol: ????

One word " BEER" !!!

Hm, I thought of it, but beer doesn't work as nicely, you can't offer small bits of it. One bottle every time the guy does something nice and you'll have him drunk pretty quickly :icon_wink:

I liked the episode. I don't know why people are so negative about this season, maybe the expectations are just too high after the summer. We can't have something like "Maternal Capacitancy" every week.

I agree, Howard's character does embarrass himself all the time, but I do feel sorry every time I watch it. It's probably his "lesson to learn": be yourself and you'll get a girl...we'll see.

Yeah, except technically, trying so hard to get girls that he ends up embarassed, that's ''himself''! lol It's true he embarrass himself often! A few episodes with him are like this one. However, most of the time when we see a girl, he tries some stupid move, the girl rejects him, moving on to the main plot! :p That's better for me! Embarrassing but not too embarrassing, just ok to be funny! BTW, I just love the season so far! :)

Leonard: “They’re going to get beaten up at that club†Penny: “They’re going to get beaten up at Walgreens†Classic!!

Was I the ONLY one who noticed that they were watching Oshikuru? o.O It's an huge easter egg!

It's the same anime Jake helped Charlie to make a theme song on Two and a Half Man xD

Omg I'm so happy I'm the first one to post it \o/ (not that anyone cares, lol xD)

Well spotted Waffles.......chocolate?

That last choc throw had to be CGI and sound effect. Must be!

That was a good idea Steve about Penny saying she was aware what Sheldon was up to with the chocolate.

I agree that the Goth thing started out funny but died later. The fact that the writers thought they could sum up the goth culture with "not that anyone cares" is lazy. If that's all you have, then dont do it.The last scene in the car went on far too long, and basically was not funny. Reminds me of what Jack Nickolson said about The Lord of the Rings.. "too many endings".

Even Flanders and Homer had a better exit scene on the way home from their trip to Las Vegas. Remember Flanders.. "Do I have to be GANG probed?"

It seems like one of those eps which should have the credits earlier and then have a little sketch at the end, like looking at the entrance to a bar for a few seconds, with loud country music playing, followed by Raj and Howard running very quickly out of said bar followed by a hail of beer bottles (after Howard's comment about trying a country bar the next night).

Does anyone know what song is played in the goth-club when it is shown the first time?

"Not that anyone cares" :D

I actually decided to see if I could find out. . after about an hour of trying various combinations of words I had ot give up.

Can you isolate the riff at the beginning and send it to a CD database website? Anyway, along my travels I came across the website www.gothic.net which looks interesting. For example , one of their forum threads starts with ...

"What if your adult (or present) self could meet your childhood self? Would you have advice? Warnings? Or would you preserve the surprises ahead in life?"

Looks like a site I will be going back to.

Why thank you smeghead, I'll take it *-* Seriously, I can't resist chocolate. That's probably the best way to poison me xD Or modify my behaviour, whatever xD And I also though the goth thing started funny and died in the end. But even tough I know the goth culture doesn't sum up to "not that anyone cares", I still though the parody girls were hillarius xD And I REALLY wanted to see Howard and Raj in a cowboy bar XDD But I guess the scenes with Penny, Leonard and Sheldon pretty much made up for the few lame goth scenes xD

Hi there guys and girls! I was just rewatching the episode, and there's a joke I don't really get, probably because I don't know all the English expressions... It's when Howard says ''Yes, she's pushy and yes, he's whipped, but that's not the expression...'' What did Raj said to him before? What's the ''expression''? I don't really get it... :s Can someone explains it to me please?

Hi there guys and girls! I was just rewatching the episode, and there's a joke I don't really get, probably because I don't know all the English expressions...

It's when Howard says ''Yes, she's pushy and yes, he's whipped, but that's not the expression...''

What did Raj said to him before? What's the ''expression''? I don't really get it... :s Can someone explains it to me please?

The expression they refer to is "pussywhipped", which is a sort of macho slagging term indicaticating the man in the relationshionship is dominated by the woman, not uncommonly followed by whip sound effects. So Raj, somewhere along the line, heard it wrong ang thought the phrase was pushy-whipped.

Pushy just means up-front, not quite arrogant but heading down arrogant boulevard, with a tank full of gas....petrol...benzin...whatever.

And just to be clear on why this is so funny, the term "pussywhipped" cannot be used on television because the first half of that word is a crude term for a part of the female anatomy. So the writers are sidestepping the censors here, in the same way that they did with the line "That's why I added the 'tator'" in Electric Can Opener Fluctuation. Steve

lol, thanks guys! Really, I didn't knew this expression, that kinda ruined the joke for me, sadly! Thanks again! :)

hahahahaha!!!!!

This episode was a blast from start to finish. The goth slumming was absolutely terrifick, with howard making a very cool looking goth!

and the behavior modification of Penny! Just the tops! Pure Sheldon there!

Personally I realized Sheldons ploy on the third chocolate. So I was faster on the uptake than Leonard!:icon_cheesygrin:

Did anyone notice when penny was making breakfast and singing in the kitchen the dress shirt she was wearing looked more like it would've been sheldon's since it was big on her, if it was leonard's it would've been small on her since she's taller than him, I wonder how she got it, did she got into sheldon's room to get it.

I wish someone would try chocolate-based behavior modification on me!!

:icon_cheesygrin:

Sheldon training penny was hugely amusing and even more funny was Sheldon squirting Leonard with water

:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: 'Bad Leonard!"

Did anyone else notice Penny wearing a HUGE man dress shirt here! 

No way that is Leonard shirt! 

So the question is WHO shirt is it?

a0e3ed237045926.jpg 8fe262237045930.jpg d407b1237045932.jpg 1cb688237045935.jpg ed4827237045937.jpg ec0a76237045938.jpg e1d88e237045942.jpg fb24e1237045944.jpg f717b3237045946.jpg

Edited by gwhh

It is funny because Leonard wears this shirt only in some special occasions, meetins, etc, but when they show in TV or film a girlfriend wearing the boyfriend shirt in the morning means she catch the first thing she find for wearing and going to the kitchen after spending night with him, I think. Usually it is a shirt of her boyfriend, classic! But in this case it is odd because this shirt will not be the first thing she will find. Would be more credible if she wears a Leonard´s typical T-shirt! This was only a cliche :(

Loved Howard and Raj in goth clothes :D

and this:

Penny: Tell you what, next French Toast Day, I will make you oatmeal.

Sheldon: Dear Lord, are you still going to be here on French Toast Day? *LOL* that was so funny

And this:

Leonard: No, her bed kind of… broke.

Sheldon: That doesn’t seem likely. Her bed’s of sturdy construction. Even the addition

of a second normal size human being wouldn’t cause a structural failure, much less a homunculus such as yourself.( *LOL* Scheldon)

Penny: A homunculus?

Leonard: Perfectly formed miniature human being.

Penny: Oh, you’re my little homunculus. ( *LOL* that was so cute )

Leonard: Don’t do that.

And I loved Pennys dance at the beginning xD

Edited by BlackWhiteRose