The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rahonard  coampendette

Why Do Raj And Stuart Have Become Depressing Characters ? Why Can't They Be Funny Sceintific And Witty Like Before Seasons But Raj Talking To Women An

i think they're still funny and both of them have always been a bit depressing, so i don't think they've changed that much from the early series.

I think they are still funny but I hate how they are still portrayed as socially awkward losers who can't get girlfriends. They deserve happiness too

Edited by thephantom

They have been depressed most of the time, but they are now just focussing on that part.

Personally I would prefer it if Raj still couldn't talk to women without drinking. I would have loved if he met a nice girl and he becomes so fond of her that she is the reason he overcomes his selective mutism. That would have created a wonderful moment.

• Like 1

why do raj and stuart have become depressing characters ?
why can't they be funny sceintific and witty like before seasons but raj talking to women and their character developement be more but in a funny way

They need women in their lives.

They should have some e-Harmony sign up stories.

They need women in their lives.

They should have some e-Harmony sign up stories.

having women in their life doesn't mean they wont still be depressed.

• Like 1

I love that Stewart has grown in prominence on the show. A very funny character. And every show can do with a shmuck like character. Classic Jewish comedy trope.

I have always thought Raj quite pathetic. He has always been thus. Unable to speak to women. Awkward socially. He remains consistent.

I am happy with the show's progression with the characters. Many people long for the early seasons. They exist on DVD. No need to miss them.

Without growth characters, like real people, become uninteresting.

• Like 1

Gosh the general tone of this thread is so negative. Raj now just represents someone who has not found his place yet. With Stewart there seems to be more going on. More like clinical depression. There are people out there that are like this so I'd like to see some good things happen for these characters. Raj has has both ups and downs. It would be nice to see something positive happen for Stewart.

Stuart has always been depressed. and for very good reasons such as struggling financially, not really having any close friends other than his regular customers etc.

Raj, on the other hand I don't think was always depressed. For the first 3 seasons he was mainly happy and got depression at different times. It wasn't until his friends all got girlfriends in season 4 when he slowly started getting more depressed constantly.

The difference is Stuart is pretty much always depressed and rarely happy, but Raj's depression fluctuates at different times because there are plenty of times Raj is happy. I do think eventually Raj will find a girlfriend and his depression will disappear. As for Stuart who knows, but i hope something good for him happens though.

• Like 1