The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

Who's Getting Sent Off In The Season 7 Finale?

We've had people being sent off for half of our finales now..

If you had to predict someone for the S7 one, who would you pick? (It might be no one but if you had to pick someone :p)

• Like 2

Amy :p

Sheldon would go into meltdown.

A Zoo of cats. 

Edited by kazzie
  • Like 4

Penny firstly she needs a vacation, she's getting isolated again and she needs to recharge her batteries. It would also give Leonard a chance to miss her, as we have always seen Penny miss Leonard (Season 3 and this Season), it would be interesting how Leonard deals with Penny leaving for the summer. Penny could get an acting gig that goes for 3 months, and Penny reassures Leonard that they can make long distance work.

How about they both get sent off? Would love to see Shelnard cope on their own after so many years!

• Like 2

Maybe Raj...going home to visit family in India ...maybe they have an arraigned marriage waiting for him. The group tells him not to do it...cliff hanger is will he go through with it?

I would love to Shamy go away as a couple somewhere...maybe Switzerland :wink: dare to dream :)

• Like 1

That would be lazy writing, so... I hope it won't happen. Not Leonard and Penny again, because it's getting old. If yes, let Beverly travel to hell and never return. Penny and Amy makes no sense, since they have different careers and Penny wouldn't agree to spend a vacation with Amy instead of Leonard.

I would prefer something with Shamy this season. Would actually be nice to see them struggling with something, instead of L/P! Yes, that's right, I want to see the Shamy's suffer this time!

Raj... hm, not really interesting. Same with Howardette.

Maybe Raj...going home to visit family in India ...maybe they have an arraigned marriage waiting for him. The group tells him not to do it...cliff hanger is will he go through with it?

I would pick Raj since he hasn't flown the coop yet and India would be a logical choice.  Also it would be really great to have a scene in person with his parents.

• Like 1

That would be lazy writing, so... I hope it won't happen. Not Leonard and Penny again, because it's getting old. If yes, let Beverly travel to hell and never return. Penny and Amy makes no sense, since they have different careers and Penny wouldn't agree to spend a vacation with Amy instead of Leonard.

I would prefer something with Shamy this season. Would actually be nice to see them struggling with something, instead of L/P! Yes, that's right, I want to see the Shamy's suffer this time!

Raj... hm, not really interesting. Same with Howardette.

Like the Shamy hasn't struggled enough?

I don't think anyone will be send off this season.

You see, this seems to buy into the idea of Transitive Sitcom Suffering, in which only one couple is having issues at any one time, and if one couple is going through a break up than the rest of them must be in the clear. While a lot of Lenny's seem to subscribe to this school of thought, and I've seen people hoping for a Shamy break up just so the Lenny will be in the clear for a little bit, it's a load of poppycock. The idea that Lenny will be clear if the Shamy suffers is nothing but a logical fallacy. For instance, last year, when they broke into arguments over who was moving in, or not, with whom, both couples managed to end up fighting like cats and dogs at the same time. Lenny was not peaches and cream while Shamy was fighting; oh no, everyone was in it at the same time. Same thing to a lesser extent during their game night, in which Penny and Amy were happily winning while Sheldon and Leonard bickered. That came down to a 4-way war with blueberries up the nostrils, and none of the 4 escaped it.

Putting aside the fact that wishing other people would suffer more so you yourself would suffer less is not the most noble of practices anyway, I also don't think that most of the Shamy's are even built like the Lenny's and probably wouldn't react to "pain and suffering" entering into their ship the same way. Penny and Leonard have actually been a solid, loving, cutely bickering couple for two years or so now, but the way that the Lenny's tell it you'd think that their relationship is playing out like a scene from MacBeth or Hamlet. Or Days of our Lives. (In which case, why are there not more evil twins, pregnancies with uncertain paternity, and bed hopping? And why isn't the whole show taking place in a hospital?) I'm not sure that the Shamy fanbase would react the same way as the Lenny fanbase to setbacks in their ship, such as a break up.

Ships are different and have different personalities. The Shenny ship never happened but you can't fault them on keeping their hopes up, and being perky, optimistic and determined to ship it until the fat lady sings. (And even then I'm not sure it'll stop.) The Shamy ship is pretty emotional, and goes with the flow, but their belief in Sheldon and Amy is also really strong - I think that even if the Shamy broke up, the ship would rally and believe that sooner or later the two of them would get back together. We've been very optimistic (I've been one of the less patient ones) and waited two and a half years to get to where we're hitting at the midpoint this season, so we're obviously a ship that can wait and remain giddy and happy over small things and small moments, believing for the big pay off. So I don't think that, even if some "suffering" was slung our way, we'd react to it the same way. God knows I hope that no Shamy shipper, after two years of their ship being together, would still be nailed up on the cross bemoaning the times that their ship broke up in the past or things went wrong, and actively voicing their desire to nail someone up on that cross with them for company so they could get down for once.

(Unless, of course, they'd like me to come along and verbally crucify them for doing so. ;) Y'all know I could do it too.)

For example, here's a funny thing: I would love it if Amy was sent off for the summer. I would love it if Sheldon struggled without her. I like things to be kept Interesting, and I like it when they keep the plot MOVING and going forward, instead of shuffling the same cards and treading and retreading the same ground and the same jokes. Amy going away for the summer has potential to keep things very interesting and have ramifications on her and Sheldon that would be interesting, and perhaps change their relationship in unexpected ways. And I'm all for that, for better or worse. If they get married, settle down, buy a house in the suburbs, pop out 2 and a half kids and live happily ever after....well, that's the worst way the story could possibly go for me. Boooooooring. I'd rather Sheldon gets half his face gnawed off by a disease-ridden ferret, or that Amy loses a leg in a tragic taffy factory accident than that. Anything but proposals, marriage, babies and pedestrian happy endings. If I wanted any of that I'd go read fan fic.

Ships are not a competition, as far as I know. Maybe some people treat them like that, but that's not really how romance works. I don't think that Lenny, Shamy and Howardette are in any race to be the most perfect, lovey dovey couple on the show or in the history of all shows. They're just trying to muddle through and stay together, and going through all the ups and downs that make things funny. I love Leonard and Penny and wish their ship the best, but every time a Lenny wishes the Shamy would go through some pain and suffering "to make things even" or take some heat off their own ship, I just roll my eyes. It doesn't work that way, and it never will.

I don't think anyone will be send off this season.

It's possible no one might be sent off this season. It would just be funny if someone was, since half of the season finales have gone with way. We've had all 4 boys go to the North Pole, Howard go into space, and Leonard go to the North Sea. It would be funny if it turned into a tradition of someone leaving for the summer. Then, perhaps when the show ended, the finale can be that...they're all going to get to spend the summer together for once!

Not much of a joke, actually, but eh. OKay.

If someone leaves, I would think it would be Penny's turn. It might be very interesting turn around - Leonard left last year for his career, and Penny must leave this time for hers.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 9

I personally would love to see them get away from this "sending someone away" for the summer.  I would love to see the writers come up with a much more creative cliffhanger for the summer months than sending anyone away.  It would be nice to see a change.

However, if they had to send someone, I would opt for Penny, going on a location shoot.  It is time the girl get some success in her career and it would be realistic because as an actress she will face time away from Leonard and watching them traverse through that in reverse role for a change will be interesting.

I guess we should wait and see more of the season before making a choice on this, but right now that would be my recommendation.  I think it makes the most sense, but reserve the right to have a differing opinion after I see where things go this second half.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

If someone has to leave for the summer I think I would like for it to be both AMY and SHELDON - but to separate  locations in different parts of the world.

Maybe Amy gets the opportunity to observe the monkeys she studies in their native habitats in some exotic place like the rainforest in South America or the deep areas of Africa.  A place where electronic communication is limited.  While Sheldon gets the opportunity to go the where the super collider is in Europe (I think).

I would love to see them both so excited about their opportunities to advance their studies - only to have them realize in the mist of their excitement that they will literally be out of communication and isolated from one another for the duration of their travels.

If someone has to leave for the summer I think I would like for it to be both AMY and SHELDON - but to separate  locations in different parts of the world.

Maybe Amy gets the opportunity to observe the monkeys she studies in their native habitats in some exotic place like the rainforest in South America or the deep areas of Africa.  A place where electronic communication is limited.  While Sheldon gets the opportunity to go the where the super collider is in Europe (I think).

I would love to see them both so excited about their opportunities to advance their studies - only to have them realize in the mist of their excitement that they will literally be out of communication and isolated from one another for the duration of their travels.

This makes no sense to me, sense Amy isn't interested in studying animals in their natural habitat, she studies animals with addiction related problems.

So if anyone should go away over the summer (which I hope it doesn't) it will be Penny, or maybe Shamy together to the same location, but I can't see that happening right now.

If they start working on a project together before the end of the season, it could happen.

I know Amy studies animals with addiction related problems.  I also know that to determine if their is a change in behavior you have to know what would be considered 'normal' behavior first.

Amy could go join an 'animal addition' study that is taking place in one of those areas that may be further along in their study than they are at UCLA/Caltech.  Regardless, I am just thinking of a way they could be separated for the summer.

Amy is done with the addiction work,she was kicked off last season. But even then, Neuroscientists are not zoologists. Field work does not exist in Neuroscience and especially for Neurobiology observations in the wild are pointless since it's not species specific behavior you'd be interested in. You can still send Amy away to another country for a collaboration though. Maybe she does a great job at Caltech and Gunderson ships her off to Sweden with him to continue the work, or something.

Sheldon going away would also be interesting though, how would he cope away from home, his girlfriend and his friends?

But in terms of realistic scenarios right now, I think Penny is the most fitting, given her current career status.

I also doubt they will go the departure route again though, unless they're really set on making it tradition.

• Like 3

You see, this seems to buy into the idea of Transitive Sitcom Suffering, in which only one couple is having issues at any one time...

Wtf... I didn't read the whole thing because it's clearly too much text, but you have to realize that I wasn't really serious with my previous post (the suffering part).

Wtf... I didn't read the whole thing because it's clearly too much text, but you have to realize that I wasn't really serious with my previous post (the suffering part).

Humor/sarcasm is a tricky thing on a forum.

I also thought you were serious... ;)

Actually, no, I thought you were perfectly serious. It's actually not an unusual thing to hear from Lenny fans. As usual, I'm not trying to lump the entire Lenny fanbase into one, but here and there it's been stated outright, several times, that Lenny fans wish that Sheldon and Amy would break up or fight. Particularly so that while they do so, Leonard and Penny can catch a break.

Also, there's such things that have been said about Shamy's not understanding the Lenny's pain or what they have been through over the years. Which the Shamy ship can never possibly hope to catch up with, since Amy didn't even exist for the first 3 seasons. Let me see....I also remember it being said that watching Sheldon and Amy fall in love and grow as a romantic relationship was very painful for the Lenny fanbase because at that time their ship was not together and it hurt them that Sheldon was gaining a girlfriend while Leonard was with Priya and Penny was suffering because of it. Also, Sheldon and Amy have never broken up except once right at the very beginning of their relationship, all which was patched up quickly by Mary Cooper and the Shamy happily went on their way again. So we haven't had heartbreaking break ups out of left-field such as Penny and Leonard breaking up in the bowling alley.

It's been such a big thing that it's been taken to private PMs and there's been Lenny/Shamy tension over it, which has always seemed really ridiculous to me. You'd think we'd be united against the Shenny ship, and I think that a lot of the Shamy ship would like to have the Lenny ship in support of us and against the idea of Sheldon and Penny together, but it seems whenever that idea is broached we get it flung back in our face that we have not suffered through the years as they have, and our ship has been more or less intact all that time, and so we can never really understand the depth of their pain and never really be on equal footing.

Strange thing, but your comments actually echo those of a portion of the Lenny fanbase who are totally serious about it.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 1