The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

Who's Getting Sent Off In The Season 7 Finale?

It's been such a big thing that it's been taken to private PMs and there's been Lenny/Shamy tension over it, which has always seemed really ridiculous to me. You'd think we'd be united against the Shenny ship, and I think that a lot of the Shamy ship would like to have the Lenny ship in support of us and against the idea of Sheldon and Penny together, but it seems whenever that idea is broached we get it flung back in our face that we have not suffered through the years as they have, and our ship has been more or less intact all that time, and so we can never really understand the depth of their pain and never really be on equal footing.

Strange thing, but your comments actually echo those of a portion of the Lenny fanbase who are totally serious about it.

But isn't that because you can't really compare the both relationships?

Yes the both turned into romantic relationships, but the 4 people are completely different.

And last season, and also some episodes this season, were hard to watch for Shamy's (or at least for me).

Seeing Amy be so frustrated, like when Sheldon didn't go with Amy to her aunts birthday, were so hard to watch.

They might not have broken up, but that doesn't mean it's been smooth sailing for the Shamy Ship.

• Like 1

Amy is done with the addiction work,she was kicked off last season. But even then, Neuroscientists are not zoologists. Field work does not exist in Neuroscience and especially for Neurobiology observations in the wild are pointless since it's not species specific behavior you'd be interested in. You can still send Amy away to another country for a collaboration though. Maybe she does a great job at Caltech and Gunderson ships her off to Sweden with him to continue the work, or something.

Oh yes yes please ship Amy to sweden, I will take good care of her!! And then Sheldon can come over here and pick her up with a Nobelprize!!

• Like 2

Who's talking about fights or breakups? I wouldn't wish that for any of the couples. While I think we need some drama to get Sheldon out of his dress someday, I don't want them to break up. I was just saying it would be nice if Sheldon shows some affection, misses his girlfriend or something like that. You can say, I don't care really much about them. I have no joy watching this couple, at all (mostly because of Sheldon). That's my opinion, deal with it. That doesn't mean ALL Lenny's do the same thing, stop generalizing people, it's annoying.

It's quite funny how every thread is turning off topic because someone is not okay with your opinion.

It's quite funny how every thread is turning off topic because someone is not okay with your opinion.

IMHO you started going "off topic" with the struggling comment, but that's water under the bridge.

Time to get this back to topic.

Oh yes yes please ship Amy to sweden, I will take good care of her!! And then Sheldon can come over here and pick her up with a Nobelprize!!

Nah, she start working with the Dutch researchers Leonard was ripping off before.

I have a place for her to stay (although Sheldon would come and karate chop me, or more).

Nah, she start working with the Dutch researchers Leonard was ripping off before.

I have a place for her to stay (although Sheldon would come and karate chop me, or more).

The show will prob end with Sheldon winning a nobelprize, which means he will have to come to Sweden! AND since its the end of the show they'll want to embrace the reality of it and acually come here, FOR REAL. and while he's here, he will also marry Amy, right on the spot. Thats right. Thats how its gonna end. I'll hear nothing else. No stupid Never ever Netherlands ! ;)

• Like 3

Penny will land a movie role that she will have to travel to, so Season 8 will start with Penny returning to Pasadena and to Leonard, but she thinks or others treat her as if she is a "moviestar" now, so that will cause changes in all her relationships with everyone and that can be the theme of Season 8 for Penny.

Edited by Convict13

Penny will land a movie role that she will have to travel to, so Season 8 will start with Penny returning to Pasadena and to Leonard, but she thinks or others treat her as if she is a "moviestar" now, so that will cause changes in all her relationships with everyone and that can be the theme of Season 8 for Penny.

Part of what you say, where I differ is the tone of season 7 is to 'STALL' Lenny, so I expect season 8 to continue that tone.

Penny will get a movie part that will require her to go to New York for 3 months of filming. It is a big break for her and Leonard will insist she go. Penny will get caught up in the glamour of it all, so when she comes back, even though she still loves him, she will question her future with him and what she might have to give up, if she marries him. That will stall the relationship during the whole season 8 and will even prevent them from moving in together, because of Penny not wanting to hurt him by moving forward with him.

Honestly I don't think they should send someone off. That  would be a repeat of last season's finale

If I had to choose though, I would choose Penny for an acting gig. Maybe She gets cast in a tv show filming in New York and has to go there for 9 months. Season 8 could be about Leonard and Penny making a long distance relationship work

Leonard again.  He goes to India for closure with Priya and ends up staying there for a few months...... seriously, Penny goes home for an extended stay (a month or two) due to a family emergency.

Edited by rickfromillinois

I think Cinnamon should be sent away to doggie camp (Kamp KuppyKakes) and Raj will disolve into a puddle of goo and turn to Yvette the Vet for comfort. :p

• Like 2

I've said this many times before but I'll add my opinion here. I would love for Amy to go away this summer. It would let Sheldon realize how much he cares about her and wants their relationship closer. Might even admit he loves her when she comes home or to himself as he watches her enter the terminal. Not to mention, we could get a mutual kiss in the finale.

• Like 1

Either Amy goes away for summer so Sheldon can spend it missing her and then when she returns so we get a big reunion type kiss in the premiere of season 8.   Or they do something more original and they send all three couples off to different corners of the globe.  Amy and Sheldon got to Switzerland together to see the Cern Super Collider.    Howard and Bernadette go to India with Raj for some big wedding in his family.  One of his relatives is getting married (Possibly Priya though we don't need to see the actress) and when Raj returns home he returns with a new partner that the rest of the gang will get to meet for first time next season. 

Have Penny and Leonard go visit Penny's family in Kansas together or take a trip to New York so that Penny can audition for a new acting gig on Broadway.  Leonard knowing that if she gets it she will have to stay there to do the play and he will have to decide to either move out there with her or do long distance thing.  Penny then also proposes to make his decision even more obvious, this time he finally says YES with the promise that even if she doesn't get the part she will still marry him and return back to Pasadena with him instead.

That way we can have some big surprises in the premiere to look forward to and big questions that need answering...Will Penny get the gig in New York or not?  Will Leonard and Penny actually get married or not?  Will Amy and Sheldon's trip to Switzerland result in Sheldon being more comfortable sharing a room with Amy or will they end up spending the entire trip in different hotel rooms?  Will Raj's new relationship please his family or will she be someone they are against him being married too?  Will the rest of the gang like her once they return from India.  Will Howard and Bernadette like spending time with Raj's family or will they hate it and end up fighting the entire trip?

Edited by Superlovelexi

Leonard again.  He goes to India for closure with Priya and ends up staying there for a few months...... seriously, Penny goes home for an extended stay (a month or two) due to a family emergency.

If he wanted closure with Pryia, why would he wait 2 years for it. Also, what women would let their boyfriend spend 4 months with an ex lover.

Edited by thephantom

Methinks Amy would be the one sent for Season 8 finale.

Season 7 would most likely be Penny. Before this, it was just the boys who were sent away. I'm thinking they're moving to the girls now. Of course to start that off it should be Penny. Most likely for a big acting gig where she has to film in Asia or something.

It'd be funny if she was cast in a remake of a popular Japanese/Chinese action something. 

With Sheldon's career struggle in the last episode and a continuous theme this year, I predict this morning that Sheldon is going a sabbatical to find himself a new direction. Amy is going to suggest this action.

• Like 2

I think at this point the characters are a huge imprint in the fabric of the show, it is like the fabric of time and space, one cannot exist without the other. Lenny are time and space, cannot separate the two, they are intertwined.   

Not sure if anybody has mentioned sending Bernadette away?

Maybe her pharmaceutical company could send her off on a fact finding mission to get ingredients in the Amazon

• Like 1

I'm gonna say nobody too. I think it's gonna be a cliffhanger, so with almost no time between 7.24 and 8.01.

Edited by FrenchBBTfan
  • Like 2

It would be awesome to see both Penny and Amy leave and then see how the guys react to it, and they should keep it going for 2 episodes at least into the 8th season. Sort of how they did with Howard.

There was an Ausiello article today that said all the people that would be sent off in the finale and none of them were from BBT.

• Like 2

I'd love for a girl to leave this year, Penny or Amy, just so we can see a guy cope with someone gone, past 2 seasons its been Bernadette and Penny dealing with there loved ones gone for a while.

I've notice a pattern with the show every 3 seasons, they do a cliffhanger, season 1 ended with Lenny's first date, and season 4 ended with Penny and Raji. So maybe this season will follow that pattern and end with a cliffhanger to resolve in the first episode of season 8. With a cliffhanger I mean that the story literally continues where last season left off, and no time jumps when the next season starts.