The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.15 "the Locomotive Manipulation" (February 6)

Your Episode Rating  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Hopefully, the writers give Lenny much more time for each other, do things together, take their relationship to the next level, bring some spice back between them like they had on earlier  seasons; and not some boring couple.  And please I hope the writers do not bring Priya back, she is absolutely horrible.  After all, the BBT revolves around Lenny.  Leonard does not want to ever do anything foolish, because he will never find anyone like Penny again.  She fell in love with him because the way he is, she does not mind of his liking of comic books, comic book conventions, Star Trek conventions, " Battlestar Gallactica uniform " hilarious.  Bottom line, the writers should make Lenny a much more romantic/funny/serious couple.

• Like 2

Hopefully, the writers give Lenny much more time for each other, do things together, take their relationship to the next level, bring some spice back between them like they had on earlier  seasons; and not some boring couple.  And please I hope the writers do not bring Priya back, she is absolutely horrible.  After all, the BBT revolves around Lenny.  Leonard does not want to ever do anything foolish, because he will never find anyone like Penny again.  She fell in love with him because the way he is, she does not mind of his liking of comic books, comic book conventions, Star Trek conventions, " Battlestar Gallactica uniform " hilarious.  Bottom line, the writers should make Lenny a much more romantic/funny/serious couple.

While a lot of people on here say TBBT revolves around Lenny I don't think that is actually true. TBBT revolves around all 7 characters and their interactions. I think Leonard is at the center of the swirl. As time goes on we are seeing more Shamy and Lenny but I think the primary interaction is still between Leonard and Sheldon. The interaction between Leonard and Sheldon it really central and the interaction between Leonard/Sheldon and Penny is essentially the next shell out. This is the simplest explanation of why the people shipping Lenny and Shamy get frustrated.

The Locomotive Manipulation is an example of an episode in which Sheldon and Leonard don't interact much. It is refreshing and different but I don't expect this is going to be the norm because I don't think that was what was sold to the network. At least if the series is going to morph into being about couples it is going to happen gradually.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3

DJ, I think it's now very much an ensemble show. I don't believe it can ever be again L/P, an odd friend and some other odd friends. That ship sailed at when Amy got on board. To get the required duration they are going to spread the story load across all seven characters and swirl around the two apartments which, like "Serenity", are characters too. In this episode Shamy got the feel-good story, while L/P poisoned a dog. LOL. Maybe it was also a public service announcement. Hehehe. Worked out ok for Raj, but he'll cock it up. He will be suffering till the final curtain falls IMHO.

And that's ok. It will be funny and on our screens for years yet as they run through all possible permutations that mean no change to the sets.

But this was a funny episode. My dad used to have train guys meet in our family basement to build a huge n-gauge layout. One guy was Eric.

• Like 2

Ahhhh!! Shamy kissed!! I already knew they would but it was still so wonderful to see! Loved Sheldon leaning into it, signaling he liked it!  :dancer:  That was so amazing, I fangirled a little haha. Aside from the long-awaited kiss, great episode. A lady gave Raj her number! Ya! All around feel-good episode. 10/10

Edited by SoftKitty25
  • Like 1

I know this going to be the minority here but IMO the Shamy kiss was a little creepy. It didn't seem natural like it was something Sheldon had to do. The rest of the episode was good for me. There was a lot of things to laugh at more than normal at least for this season. To me the best part was actually the vet giving Raj her phone number.

The kiss wasn't creepy, it was natural and in character for both of them. Sheldon is known for keeping his feelings to Amy bottled up until she pushes him a little and he comes clean all of the sudden, like when he asked her to be his girlfriend. It might have turned out as clumsy but they are both knew at kissing so it wasn't too bad. Amy kissed Sheldon before and he didn't freak out pr was concerned about germs so he would be OK kissing her. That wasn't OOC but a part of character development, but it just came all of the sudden due to Sheldon's personality. The only ones who find it creepy are the ones who don't like Shamy or Sheldon.

A couple of behind the scenes pictures recently surfaced.....

• Like 2