The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.15 "the Locomotive Manipulation" (February 6)

Your Episode Rating  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I keep an open mind, let's say that Amy is not the best choice for being Sheldon's girlfriend...

But Beverly, seriously?????

• Like 1

I keep an open mind, let's say that Amy is not the best choice for being Sheldon's girlfriend...

Obviously, because Beverly is nothing like Amy, right?

And Sheldon is also obviously interested in hot woman only, and Amy is the ugliest woman ever to walk the face of the earth, who connects on no level with Sheldon.

Well Amy is prob his equal, cannot imagine any other female more compatible with Sheldon then Amy. But I guess Sheldon and Beverley do have a lot in common, and clearly get on well, so I will concede on that. But the very idea of them dating is creepy, too much of a age gap e.t.c. The other women that have been in the show, Sheldon has showed little to no interest in, the fact he has been with Amy for three years, considers her his GF, is a long way from the guy in the S3 flashback, who considered preserving knowledge over procreating above all. So obviousley its like sacralidge to some people, that Sheldon has a love life, but hey stranger things have happened.

Edited by Tripper
Removed spoiler
  • Like 5

Well Amy is prob his equal, cannot imagine any other female more compatible with Sheldon then Amy. But I guess Sheldon and Beverley do have a lot in common, and clearly get on well, so I will concede on that. But the very idea of them dating is creepy, too much of a age gap e.t.c. The other women that have been in the show, Sheldon has showed little to no interest in, the fact he has been with Amy for three years, considers her his GF, and now they are going too kiss, is a long way from the guy in the S3 flashback, who considered preserving knowledge over procreating, so obviousley its like sacralidge to some people, that Sheldon has a love life, but hey stranger things have happened.

I was kidding about Beverley but they were a lot funnier.

Bit extreme from moonbase there

Not nearly enough.

Beverly kissing Sheldon was not funny, but utterly disgusting. If you have to throw up, that was the good moment IMO.

• Like 3

The whole premise of the show is for the 4 geeky guys to become socially aware and they were never going to stay the same as at the beginning of the show

I don't like Howard with Bernadette but I wouldn't go as far as you have moonbase, its unncessary but again its your opinion and you are free to share it, but you should expect people to disagree with you :)

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 2

I'm so excited for this!!! Moonbase, I seriously don't suggest you watch this at all. All I'm saying is, there's some serious love that goes down between these two and it's immense (well, for the likes of me anyway). If you don't feel like sparing yourself the agony like you still seem unable to do then don't blame us if we fight back :p

• Like 8

Beverly kissing Sheldon was not funny, but utterly disgusting. If you have to throw up, that was the good moment IMO.

Oh please! how can you call that "utterly disgusting", when your favourite character is a stapler licking, web-toed, toothbrush masturbating, crotch flasher? These days she can be seen rolling her eyes at the other characters, including her own bf. Bit rich coming from her. We are supposed to be sympathetic because she was bullied at school? They were all bullied at school!

I kinda always figured they also paired off Howard too soon, love Bernadette but the moment Howard was married, was the moment the character's entire story changed. All Howard's storylines are now is the married guy, and everything that ecompasses that. So now you don't see Raj talking into his ear, and them going out on the town, the show lost those facets of the show. And with Lenny getting serious, you lose feeling for Leonard when Penny dates loosers, and with Sheldon now in a relationship your seeing a different side of Sheldon, a Sheldon who is starting to acknowledge that Procreation and Relationships, and social culture is just as much as important aspect of life as knowledge and education. Rachel is right when she says that the premise of the show is about four eggheads and learning to become socially aware on the backdrop of geek culture, of course people hate change and would prefer these characters remain geeky till the end. But the reality is the writer's made a decision early on too keep evolving these characters, and when you have Penny and her never ending "relationships", then her relationship with Leonard, and also Leonard's "relationships" with Stephanie, and Joyce Kim, then Priya e.t.c. Then you have Howardette getting married before the show entered the so called "relationship vortex", I am not sure why some fans of the show were caught completely off guard, when the show started to outgrow its initial premise, it's called evolvement. Like Sheldon said it's too late to by into the story, or try to get out of it, and if you bought into the initial premise. I think some fans of the show just assumed this was always going to be a show about four geeks, but to me the show has always been about Penny, she is the one who disrupted their perfect world with all their atoms in the right place. And then this hot girl moves in next door with all her atoms in the right place, and makes them acknowledge the one thing they do not understand women. Regardless of purists or fans of the show, you have to agree after four seasons trying to maintain the core premise, and still make seem fresh and original week after week, just wasen't sustainable in the long run. Amy and Bernadette were brought in to expand the show, and widen it' audience. You can call it lame romance stories, I call a show evolving, and characters growing up. The moment Howard gave that speech, about how he is embarassed and shamed by that person, is the moment the show went under a catalyst of change, and is the moment the characters started to grow up, so even if they wanted to go back they coulden't.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

I'm so excited for this!!! Moonbase, I seriously don't suggest you watch this at all. All I'm saying is, there's some serious love that goes down between these two and it's immense (well, for the likes of me anyway). If you don't feel like sparing yourself the agony like you still seem unable to do then don't blame us if we fight back :p

Point taken.

Just curious...do we know who the writers were for this episode?

Guessing Molaro wrote atleast some parts, since he was the one spilling the beans Edited by Jaime

Jim Reynolds, Holland, Tara, Molaro, Kaplan and Maria Ferrari

• Like 3

Extended promo (still safe to watch):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1og6pzTcS4

If Amy really loves Sheldon , should'nt she be happy that Sheldon is enjoying his time on the train so much..... (if her reaction is related to Sheldon )

Thought I hope her annoyed reaction in the promo is not related to Sheldon's actions...

Edited by vasu

Thought I hope her annoyed reaction in the promo is not related to Sheldon's actions...

Nooo I'm sure it's just the wine tasting bad ;)

• Like 2

If Amy really loves Sheldon , should'nt she be happy that Sheldon is his time on the train so much..... (if her reaction is related to Sheldon )

I think you mean that she should be happy he enjoys his time so much?

If so, Amy clearly wanted a romantic Vday trip, so in this case that doesn't apply imho.

But even if it did, shouldn't Sheldon make sure Amy was happy too?

It works both ways.

• Like 2

Nooo I'm sure it's just the wine tasting bad ;)

That would be brilliant...

Sheldon does not like wine...

Amy does not like wine.....   :)

both being alike and unique...

Edited by vasu

I think you mean that she should be happy he enjoys his time so much?

If so, Amy clearly wanted a romantic Vday trip, so in this case that doesn't apply imho.

But even if it did, shouldn't Sheldon make sure Amy was happy too?

It works both ways.

Yeah that's what I meant...

I'm just going by the notion of how Amy behaved during last years Valentine's day..... do something that makes Sheldon happy even thought she would have preferred doing other things....

And if Amy wanted a romantic trip that has actual romance .... I thought the first thing she would do is to stay away from trains and stuff he is fascinated with ... cause remember she said Sheldon ignored her for a week when he got some new vacuum cleaner... 

Yeah that's what I meant...

I'm just going by the notion of how Amy behaved during last years Valentine's day..... do something that makes Sheldon happy even thought she would have preferred doing other things....

And if Amy wanted a romantic trip that has actual romance .... I thought the first thing she would do is to stay away from trains and stuff he is fascinated with ... cause remember she said Sheldon ignored her for a week when he got some new vacuum cleaner...

Sheldon doesn't get to be the only one who is pleased on any date they go on. Part of the struggle that the Shamy has faced is Sheldon learning how to be a proper boyfriend. Shiny Trinket was on last night and it's a prime example of the lesson that Sheldon is still stumbling over. It's not just about him being happy all the time, but about him having to look to her happiness, too.

And Amy was again trying to do sorting that would please him--hence the train ride. Even if she knew he'd be fascinated by the train, she can't be blamed for assuming that he would be with her on the train. He was on a date with his girlfriend, whether or not it was valentines day, and he shouldn't have ditched her for some random guy.

Of course he would be fascinated with the train, but he could still be polite and stay with her. I'm sure she would not have minded if Sheldon had talked her ear off about trains, as long as he didn't ditch her. But how could she predict that he would find someone on the train as obsessed as him?

The fault is not hers in picking the train ride.

• Like 8

Please remember that some people are avoiding spoilers. A general rule of the episode threads is not to mention anything that isn't in the synopsis or revealed on promos.

• Like 1