The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.15 "the Locomotive Manipulation" (February 6)

Your Episode Rating  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Oh please! how can you call that "utterly disgusting", when your favourite character is a stapler licking, web-toed, toothbrush masturbating, crotch flasher? These days she can be seen rolling her eyes at the other characters, including her own bf. Bit rich coming from her. We are supposed to be sympathetic because she was bullied at school? They were all bullied at school!

So because Amy's not "hot" and has various quirks, she doesn't deserve to be loved? Why does Sheldon love her? Why was he never attracted to Penny? And is Amy not allowed to have an opinion on things that Penny says or does? Amy isn't the same person she was when she was first introduced.

She's never said that she deserved this or that because she was bullied in school. She was a quirky character when she was in school and was a social outcast--as you say, they all were--but just as Sheldon didn't turn out as socially adept as the other guys (who all have their issues), Amy didn't develop in the same way as the others. She has had much farther to go and they obviously never intended to give Sheldon a "normal" girlfriend, so how are you at all surprised that she is the way she is?

I've never understood the apparent disgust that some people harbor for Amy. I mean, it's not as if she's a bad guy or a hateful person. She's a person who was ostracized and now has found not only a boy who is smitten with her (and she with him), but has also found a group of friends who accept her the way she is and have helped her to get past some of her more difficult issues.

• Like 8

Sheldon doesn't get to be the only one who is pleased on any date they go on. Part of the struggle that the Shamy has faced is Sheldon learning how to be a proper boyfriend. Shiny Trinket was on last night and it's a prime example of the lesson that Sheldon is still stumbling over. It's not just about him being happy all the time, but about him having to look to her happiness, too.

And Amy was again trying to do sorting that would please him--hence the train ride. Even if she knew he'd be fascinated by the train, she can't be blamed for assuming that he would be with her on the train. He was on a date with his girlfriend, whether or not it was valentines day, and he shouldn't have ditched her for some random guy.

Of course he would be fascinated with the train, but he could still be polite and stay with her. I'm sure she would not have minded if Sheldon had talked her ear off about trains, as long as he didn't ditch her. But how could she predict that he would find someone on the train as obsessed as him?

The fault is not hers in picking the train ride.

I hardly think if Sheldon had talked her ear off about trains she would not have minded. Just few episodes ago she got tired and irritated of Sheldon's "jokes" and complained about it to Howard and Bernadette. She probably would have tried to set him straight like she has been doing many times recently ...that you should not say this.....you should not do that....this is a double date....

I don't know who picked the train......from the synopsis it looks like Sheldon and Amy are joining Howard and Bernie.... so probably they planned this....which I thought Amy would object to....probably this is the manipulation ....that Sheldon manipulates Amy so that they would go on their date on a train....

Shammy, totally compatible for each other, perfect match. Cannot have Sheldon be a twelve year old forever, and the suggestion of Sheldon dating Leonard's mother? Creepy/weird, and talking about his mother; the writers should have Beverley treat Leonard like a son and not treat him as a lab experiment.

• Like 2

Jim Reynolds, Holland, Tara, Molaro, Kaplan and Maria Ferrari

Thanks, I predicted three of those.  As an aside, at the Comic-con panel last summer, I liked Jim Reynolds' comments about Shamy.

That would be brilliant...

Sheldon does not like wine...

Amy does not like wine..... :)

both being alike and unique...

Amy is drinks a lot with Penny?

• Like 1

It's the same promo. The video stops at 15 seconds, I don't know why.

Do you know if there is a place I can watch BBT live stream? If not I have to wait an hour…and I CANT!!!

There's a link in the shamy spoilers thread!!! :D

Wow that kiss scene was done well. That was a good episode, there were a lot of funny parts.

Edited by SRAM
  • Like 4

I liked Yvette the vet. I hope it works out for Raj and her.

Sheldon and his friend were hilarious.

Didn't think much of the Lenny scenes.

I thought the kiss was very touching.

Overall it was a very good episode IMO.

• Like 5

That guy Eric was really pissing me off.  Amy should have put a stop to that much sooner.

Was the actress who played Yvette the same one who played Alex on Lost?

Great episode tonight, to start off the Shamy kiss scene was done well along with the scenes at the vet between Raj, Leonard, & Penny along with there being a lot of funny parts as well.

And I look forward to seeing how well the Vvette/Raj storyline is going to work out when TBBT returns after the Winter Olympics.

• Like 3

I didn't mine Lenny too much, it was obvious they were both busting each others chops in jest.  The only thing that bothered me was Leonard having to explain he was kidding in the beginning and the really strong reference that Penny drinks too much.  Howard and Bernadette were funny, especially Bernadette.  Of course Amy and Sheldon stole the episode.  Amy was very funny and so was Sheldon.  I liked how Sheldon tried to kiss her quickly but then obviously started to enjoy it and moved closer.  Amy's response was perfect.  This was a good episode, the writers did well.

• Like 7

As a fan of Leonard and Penny, I would just like to have one VD that is special for them.  Leonard has tried over and over and we all know how that worked out.  I want one VD where Penny puts in some real effort and give Leonard a nice gift --- I mean is that to much to ask for?  Also, I want Leonard to stop going all out in the gift department until Penny brings it!

Heck, you have to wonder how long that chocolate sat at the gas station.

• Like 3