The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.15 "the Locomotive Manipulation" (February 6)

Your Episode Rating  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

The SIK must be driving Shennies crazy. They are probably in denial right now, naybe even claiming that the writers are ruining the show by not promoting the obvious Shenny relationship. Maybe its a Commie plot or maybe somehow Amy tricked Leonard into kissing her. BTW the SIK was of no real interest to me, I justlike what it may have done to the Shenny ship. BTW that kiss was way hotter than anything L/p have done recently.

Edited by ajond

SHORT VERSION:  BEST EPISODE OF THE SEASON!!! :girldance: OMG THE SHAMY KISS WAS EPIC and SO HOT!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LONG VERISON: This show has had a lot of cute moments but, THAT KISS TOPS THEM ALL!!! :kiss:

OMG!!  FINALLY!!  What I've been waiting for all season!   I knew it would happen this week and let me just say ITS ABOUT TIME!!  I just hope and pray to TPTB writers that we don't have to wait another year and a half for another one!

Jim Parsons deserves another Emmy for that performance, not only can he do great impressions, sing, act and memorize all those crazy lines Sheldon has had to say for years, but he also made that KISS HOT!! Brilliant acting! ;)

Mayim was great too, I love how Amy finally told Sheldon that she DESERVES romance not needs, not wants DESERVES and she is damn right that she does, they are not just best friends who hang out, they are not just a nerdy asexual couple, they are IN LOVE!!  and couples in love are romantic, and they KISS each other and eventually make love that is what is going to have to happen and this was first BIG step in that direction after about a million tiny baby steps that took to get Sheldon to do it.

The whole set up reminds me of the way Penny told Leonard she loved him for first time when they were in the middle of an argument so of course they use same type of set up for SHAMY! :p  I might have gone with something fresher like maybe Amy went ahead and let Sheldon hang out with that weirdo on the train until she finally snapped and left and went back to her room alone  and then instead of them fighting and him kissing her, he actually knocked on her door doing his classic knock and when she opens it he thanks her for giving him the Best Valentines day Ever and kisses her it would have been less repetitive and more romantic that he wasn't just doing it because he was angry at her at the moment, but actually because he was grateful to her and wanted to show just how grateful by kissing her and then they went into the same room together and door closed.  Leaving all of us Shamy viewers room to let our imaginations run wild with just what they could be doing in there, even though we all know logically Sheldon and Amy would have just talked a bit maybe drank some tea while he rambled on about trains and she stare starry eyed at him until it was his bed time then he'd go back to his own room.  But who cares about LOGIC AT A TIME LIKE THIS SHELDON FINALLY KISSED AMY!! 

That's all logic I need so I'm not going to quibble to much over the set up of the kiss only over the amazing details of the kiss which were done beautifully.

The way he leaned in PELVIS FIRST! a clear sign that his loins want her even if his brain tries to represses the urge like he did early with that hug!  I feel so vindicated that Sheldon said he had the urge to hug Amy, but then counted to repress that urge!  I've been saying since they got together that he suppresses his sexual urges he's not just asexual in since that he has none, he DOES have them he just represses them because he wants to pretend he's an "emotionless robot"  But he is NOT!  He is a MAN!  and he is a MAN who has urges just like most men he's just really good at hiding them and suppressing them and pretending like he has none.  FINALLY THIS EPISODE PROVES THAT ONCE AND FOR ALL! 

They've always had great sexual chemistry and sexual tension going like the first time he spanked her and the first time they kissed when Amy was drunk. If you look at Sheldon's face you can clearly see he was enjoyed doing those things even back then, always has, especially the spanking LOL which we saw from him again when he was drunk during Thanksgiving.  Oh just imagine what would happen if both Sheldon and Amy got drunk at the same time for once then Sheldon would no longer be able to suppress the urge to do all sorts of things to Amy and oh yeah I bet that be HOT!!

BUT I DO NOT WANT THEIR FIRST TIME TO BE WHEN THEY ARE DRUNK!!  The first kiss happened she was drunk, but he wasn't this time he kissed her after sipping some wine but he wasn't totally drunk so I don't count that, but he spanked her drunk once but after he did it soberly first.  So first time they have sex they should be sober and then after that they can have drunken sex for laughs if the writers want do that bit. But not right away its too important and special of a moment it needs to be fully sober and conscious decision both parties are making.  I also hope they don't wait another three seasons/years in their relationship for that next big milestone and if they do can we FAST FORWARD! :p  I mean really don't think it has to happen this season, the kiss was good enough, maybe one more kiss in season finale would be nice since we didn't get one at all last season.  But sex can wait til Season 8 and I don't think it should be in a V-Day episode either that would be way too obvious it should really be a surprise for audience something the majority want see coming in the episode until right before its starts to happen.  That way we can be fully immerse in the experience and not just be like checking off relationship marker in the SHAMY handbook where its like okay Kiss?... check!   Sex...check!  No! That is too boring needs to be exciting and funny and romantic and a SURPRISE!  If they have to film the scene away from the live audience so even they don't know its coming so be it whatever it takes.  The best things are worth waiting for and come as a wonderful surprise.  Like no one would expect Sheldon to finally sleep with Amy on Christmas since he hates that holiday or perhaps no holiday at all just some random night they are hanging out together, but it must happen eventually and in meantime more cute kisses please.  I don't want this to be the only one they ever have and then WHAM they are in bed together that makes no sense, they is a lot they can do between kissing, spanking and sex LOL  Sheldon still needs to get to second base for example and learn what a hickey really is. ;)

Now for rest of the episode.  Other great thing was yeah another potential love interest for Raj, but I don't know if it will work.  She seems a little "too normal"  she's gorgeous and seems like a sweet girl, but every major character on this show has some glaring PROBLEM they have to work on, Penny drinks to much, Sheldon is socially inept, Amy is very sexually frustrated, Leonard is insecure, Raj is too clingy and desperate when it comes to love so he's likely to ruin it again. Which sucks cause I'm tired of seeing him alone all time, I mean all other main characters are coupled up, its been his turn for a LONG TIME, even longer than SHAMY fans had to wait for this kiss.  Raj deserves a good sweet, funny nerdy pretty girl to love too its his turn and if the writers screw this up again and waste this opportunity that will once again really piss me off. Enough is enough

Howard and Bernadette were adorable tonight very funny, love that Bernadette tried to help out by telling Sheldon to come back to table she is really good friend to Amy now and I like how established married couple on show both were trying to cheer Amy up and encourage LENNY to come with them on the trip. I like that Bernie at least asked them so it didn't look like they were just being left out for no reason.  Leonard and Penny were also pretty funny and less annoying tonight.  I especially liked the scene where they exchanged gifts and when Penny said that it was a totally a turn off the idea of screwing in Sheldon's spot.  Haha see the very thought of Sex and anything to do with Sheldon creeps her out so again. Good subtle way to further squash that idea out of the picture cause it creeps me out too. ;)   Besides, that kiss tonight proves Sheldon's loins want Amy and that is all.   Overall just like last year's V-day episode and pretty much all the holiday episodes this show has ever done its one of my favorites.  Can they please just do St. Patrick's day next or something whatever cause holiday episodes just seem to work on this show better than a lot of the non holiday ones.  Though last week's Comic Con episode was pretty good too, but this one they all got funny lines and things to do that were interesting and yeah the SHAMY TRAIN KISS will always make this one a classic milestone episode even after the show is over.  :D  

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 2

Well said Koops, especially about Amy's hands.

As I said in the chat, strangely enough that was the part of the kiss that made me cry.

OMG SIK! I was so happy! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I´ve been a Shamy shipper from the start but now I ship them more than ever.

And Penny&Leonard were cute in the episode. I still ship them of course.

I have to say I like that Ivette. She would be nice for Raj,

All I have to say is that it was epic. I couldn't have imagined it going any more perfect. The writers and Jim and mayim are awesome. As someone that was unspoiled, when he first touched her lips, I knew he would pull away in a huff because he was so flustered and being such a jerk -- but then when he stayed there, and leaned closer and kissed her like he loved her, it was pure shock and magic at the same time. And their expressions when they pulled away was the icing on the cake. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Bravo big bang. Excellent job!

• Like 9

Just so we don't lose sight of the greatest performance of the night:

Where is the Emmy for that dog? Cinnamon has the most exquisite sense of irony I have ever seen.

When I read that dog I thought you meant Sheldon LMAO!!!

I'm very happy about this episode, for Shamy, Rajet and Howardette, but why can't Lenny have a decent valentine's day? Just a nice romantic dinner, some ILYs..I mean pointing out Penny is drunk and cheap and Leonard is quick isn't gonna be funny forever and they do that almost every episode. 

The Shamy kiss was even more than I hoped it would be. Sheldon is not a robot, he is a human man he has feeling and urges just like everyone else, even though he tries to deny them, so nothing in being ruined here, it's just following the natural course. As for saying Amy is not hot..well they may dress her like a grandma for a reason. Sheldon would never go for looks, THAT would've been out of character. Mayim is gorgeous.

Just so we don't lose sight of the greatest performance of the night:

Where is the Emmy for that dog? Cinnamon has the most exquisite sense of irony I have ever seen.

Cinnamon was on fire,  perfection!  The Meryl Streep of canines!!

WOW that kiss was epic.  I knew there was a SIK happening because I cannot wait I spoil every time, but that was not what I was expecting at all,  I expected the Kiss and that Sheldon was to take it longer than Amy would have expected. but those steps toward her,  was that is the script?  Who thought of that!

The fact that Sheldon placed his hands on her and she didn't on him again tells us so much about them and where they are right now. 

It was seriously and  incredibly sensual.  I never expected that. 

When I think about the SIK its those few steps and his hands that I think about more than anything else,  

• Like 5

I know this going to be the minority here but IMO the Shamy kiss was a little creepy. It didn't seem natural like it was something Sheldon had to do. The rest of the episode was good for me. There was a lot of things to laugh at more than normal at least for this season. To me the best part was actually the vet giving Raj her phone number.

I would agree that initially Sheldon kissed her because she was complaining to him, BUT then he stepped closer and the kiss lasted much longer then a forced kiss would have mandated.   To me it was very clear that he started out kissing her just to shut her up and then found that he liked it.   I believe we are going to see more "research" into the matter.

• Like 1

I still maintain that there is some dark clouds forming in Lennyland.  I don't think that if you are with someone you joke about them having a drinking problem in front of other folks.  I am not predicting that it WILL happen, but I do think that it is possible that Lenny is heading for another breakup, and if should happen I wouldn't be surprised if it is Leonard who initiates it.   Although I personally think that it would be great if they brought Prya back just to see how it drives Penny up the wall, but if they do bring in another women I think it would probably be Alex.

I still maintain that there is some dark clouds forming in Lennyland. I don't think that if you are with someone you joke about them having a drinking problem in front of other folks. I am not predicting that it WILL happen, but I do think that it is possible that Lenny is heading for another breakup, and if should happen I wouldn't be surprised if it is Leonard who initiates it. Although I personally think that it would be great if they brought Prya back just to see how it drives Penny up the wall, but if they do bring in another women I think it would probably be Alex.

I thought it was kind of the opposite. I don't know that one would joke so easily with someone if they're not feeling confident in their bond? All that I saw going on between Leonard and Penny last night was good natured teasing between long-time partners. Granted, the topic of the jokes was lame, but it spoke of comfort to me?

I am surprised though that Penny suddenly has a drinking problem this season, if we go by all these lines. And I do wonder if they're going somewhere with that. I hope they are because unless it is clear it's a running gag with the gang (the alcoholic friend who's not really a alcoholic) I don't know that it is something that should be made fun of.

My main concern about the show is actually the characters turning into caricatures of themselves, to be honest and running jokes into the ground is one way of doing it.

• Like 1

I would agree that initially Sheldon kissed her because she was complaining to him, BUT then he stepped closer and the kiss lasted much longer then a forced kiss would have mandated.   To me it was very clear that he started out kissing her just to shut her up and then found that he liked it.   I believe we are going to see more "research" into the matter.

Speaking of more research. I want to see the 9 finger banjo player! :)

• Like 1

I generally agree with you. While it was literally a SIK it wouldn't have happened if Amy wasn't complaining how he was acting. BTW would any SIK not be "perfect" to fans on here especially Shamy fans?
  • Like 2

Yay - the Shamy's first kiss! AWWW - the was so sweet and nicely done - I liked how Sheldon initiated the kiss in agravation, and then discovering  he liked it, made the kiss lingering and romantic - has he realized what he has been missing all these years?  - I am looking forward to Sheldon collecting more data :)

• Like 2

I adored it!

keeping fingers crossit Raj has a love interest, his character deserves it.

oh and the Shamy kiss, what can I say about it? HOT!!! HE finally kissed her! me and my fiancée both dropped our jaws. and when he actually stepped into it and put his hands on her hips I flipped! I starting slapping my fiancées knee, just like Penny did to Leonard when she asked Sheldon if he'd ever sleep with Amy. :) lol loved it.

• Like 3

My problem with all the Lenny "teasing" (and I am bringing my own experience into this so it may be clouded) is that teasing can border on riducle. I'm not sure we're there yet, but they seem on the trajectory. YMMV

Most of the comments here seem to be about what happened in the last few minutes of the episode... To each their own I guess :)

but from what I saw  , Amy had the same reactions as Howard and Bernadette had whenever Sheldon did or said something "crazy"....what happened..... when did she become so normal that she seems to be as embarrassed of Sheldon as Howard was in the scene with the waiter........  and Amy only seems to enjoy time with Sheldon when something "sexual" is happening........a far cry from the couple who actually enjoyed everything the other person did........ and this is not just in this episode......it has been happening a lot over the past few seasons....

Well anyway one big milestone has been completed....now I wish we can atleast see them enjoy things which are not sexual together...and none of the Amy rolling her eyes and bang splash thuds at Sheldon's actions....  and most importantly no more Amy is sexually starved jokes....please....

Raj better be not an asshole towards the vet ....

as for Penny and Leonard .... well it just shows how much the writers care for this couple and the characters...when everything about them seems to be the same joke... Leonard's bad in bed ....Penny is a mush and drinks constantly......  that was such a lame Valentine's day plot......if this is the way how things will go..... I can see Penny giving Leonard a empty box (there were supposed to chocolates but Penny ate them all as they were nice) for the next valentine's day if they are still a couple....  a gift does not need to be expensive but atleast put some thought and sincerity into it....

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

Most of the comments here seem to be about what happened in the last few minutes of the episode... To each their own I guess :)

but from what I saw  , Amy had the same reactions as Howard and Bernadette had whenever Sheldon did or said something "crazy"....what happened..... when did she become so normal that she seems to be as embarrassed of Sheldon as Howard was in the scene with the waiter........  and Amy only seems to enjoy time with Sheldon when something "sexual" is happening........a far cry from the couple who actually enjoyed everything the other person did........ and this is not just in this episode......it has been happening a lot over the past few seasons....

Well anyway one big milestone has been completed....now I wish we can atleast see them enjoy things which are not sexual together...and none of the Amy rolling her eyes and bang splash thuds at Sheldon's actions....  and most importantly no more Amy is sexually starved jokes....please....

Raj better be not an asshole towards the vet ....

as for Penny and Leonard .... well it just shows how much the writers care for this couple and the characters...when everything about them seems to be the same joke... Leonard's bad in bed ....Penny is a mush and drinks constantly......  that was such a lame Valentine's day plot......if this is the way how things will go..... I can see Penny giving Leonard a empty box (there were supposed to chocolates but Penny ate them all as they were nice) for the next valentine's day if they are still a couple....  a gift does not need to be expensive but atleast put some thought and sincerity into it....

Leonard couldn't of eaten the chocolates. Isn't he allergic to that? She did give him flowers. They're just the opposite of a traditional couple. Leonard gave her the Laker tickets. The rest of your points are very valid.

While you'll hear me complain plenty about the normalization of Amy (including her wishes for stereotypical romance), I don't think her behavior here had anything to do with embarrassment but with frustration at not getting any of the romance she was hoping for. Also, Amy always found trains-obsession pathetic, even back in the day ("I have no interest in model train stores or their heartbreaking clientele"), so it's nothing new that she would be annoyed that Sheldon is "playing choo-choo with a weirdo" rather than hanging out with her.

Having said that, ITA on the bold part. So much amen. But I'm not daring hope for that too much just yet. Let's hope.

• Like 2

While you'll hear me complain plenty about the normalization of Amy (including her wishes for stereotypical romance), I don't think her behavior here had anything to do with embarrassment but with frustration at not getting any of the romance she was hoping for. Also, Amy always found trains-obsession pathetic, even back in the day ("I have no interest in model train stores or their heartbreaking clientele"), so it's nothing new that she would be annoyed that Sheldon is "playing choo-choo with a weirdo" rather than hanging out with her.

Having said that, ITA on the bold part. So much amen. But I'm not daring hope for that too much just yet. Let's hope.

Maybe , but as I said in my previous post , this is not just in this episode which IMO is most important....

"They are a couple of weirdos" was something(along that lines) Howard said to Amy in this episode in the scene with Amy ,Howard and Bernedette....  which probably would have been Howard saying something like that to Beradette after seeing Sheldon and Amy couple of seasons back...

Amy no longer is a weirdo....

And now, after I've had a few hours to digest, for my more in depth review of the episode.

I actually thought Lenny were very cute in this one. Yes, the line about the drinking problem and the 9-minute sex are pretty boring and irritating jokes by now, but I thought they were very much in sync throughout the episode. I absolutely loved the gender roles-reversal with the presents, with Penny bringing him flowers and chocolate and Leonard giving her the Lakers tickets in a jewellery box and how excited that got Penny. I also loved the scene where they were about to get up and ditch Raj for Thai food and then immediately sat back down. I actually did not see all that bickering and snark that some people seem to see in them at all, quite the contrary. I saw them being more in tune and happy with each other than usual.

Yvette is way way better than Lucy. I don't know yet that I can see her as an interesting enough character to be more than a temporary love interest (although she might be developed more, if she's to return, but I still think that both Amy and Bernadette made more of a statement, as characters, on their first appearance) but she definitely has a better dynamic with Raj than Lucy did and it's nice to see a woman make a move on Raj for once, rather than the other way around. His line to Cinnamon at the end killed me "I would have tried to poison you ages ago!". LOL! And also Leonard's "Ok, that was your daddy.... what the hell am I doing?"

As for Shamy, long ramblings ahead.

I started the episode on the wrong foot, that opening scene was pretty dreadful, although I understand what the writers were trying to do to set up the plot that Amy tries hard for Sheldon with little to no results. But it was just... pretty awful. After seeing the promos and reading the reports, I expected the rest of their story to be pretty irritating up to the kiss, with Sheldon being a total and utter ass all evening long. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised that although Sheldon *was* an ass, the conflict between them was created in a very reasonable way so that each of them were within their rights to get pissed off. Amy DID tell Sheldon she organized a weekend they could both enjoy, and Sheldon was enjoying himself and I actually thought the way he kept turning to Amy to try and rope her into his enthusiasm for his new friend and all his train knowledge (smacking her on the arm and going "Amy! Did you hear this?!") was rather endearing. It reminded me of when he got excited over Howard's D&D impressions and kept turning to her to share his excitement. Amy, on the other hand, was well within her right to get pissed off at him leaving the table and then dragging his friend along to theirs. She did try so hard to make it perfect for him that to spend the whole evening watching Howard and Bernadette canoodle in front of her while she's getting ignored unless she's willing to talk about trains (btw, loved how much she knew about the train in the opening scene) was truly the final straw. 

So the confrontation that followed was very very realistic and for once I didn't feel like just slapping Sheldon silly. I loved how Amy's frustration came out with that "I DESERVE romance!" (yes, you do, Amy) and that "I didn't know how to make it happen" broke my heart a little because it truly is the first time we hear her vocalize how hard it must be for her to try and be patient and wait while trying to nudge Sheldon along at the same time. The kiss was perfect, IMO, because again it was very realistic of how Sheldon, who's never kissed anyone before, would go about it. A lot of fanfics have Shamy suddenly make out and have sex like they've done it their whole lives, but the writers really paid attention to the fact that they really have no experience. I loved how Amy suddenly seemed to realize she has arms and didn't know what to do with them. And the aftermath was the part that got to me the most. I think that was the sweetest we have ever heard Sheldon sound. And I adored how, suddenly, they were both trying to make the other happy and compromise (Amy letting him go to see the conductor, and Sheldon asking her to join him... again, Amy's happiness at that was really beautiful). Suddenly, it's the weird guy who gets ignored. I did feel like the "true" romance switch had suddenly been flicked in their heads, the shyness and awkwardness after the kiss spoke volumes.

I'm also stunned by the amount of positive reviews and comments I've seen to this episode (Facebook, IGN, AVClub, Zap2it, Eonline etc), I was expecting far more cries of "Sheldon is meant to be asexual!". Instead, it seems like most people are excited and voicing the same thought a lot of us had recently, that they hope the show won't sweep such a monumental moment under the table but actually allow it to have an impact on the way they write the couple from here on. I think, if anything, rather than worrying about the people who want Sheldon to stay the same, the writers risk to really shoot themselves in the foot if they ignore the kiss, seems like the vast majority of people is going to be pretty annoyed if they do. 

The SIK is still fresh in my mind so to be safe this ^^

I liked Lenny too. I liked their teasing it was really cute!!! And them acting like frightened students when Yvette scolded them!!! So cute!!! When they wanted to ditch Raj they really were like a gang!!!! I really liked the Lenny!!!

Yvette was ok. I think she has potential and I would like to see her again.

Oh the SIK!!!!!!!! First of all...I know it wasn't just me Amy was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my God so so beautiful!!!!!!!!! Cute as hell!!!!!!!!!!! I will disagree with koops only in one small point. Actually it hadn't occured to me that Sheldon was actually trying to get Amy excited about his love for trains. So tank you for that!!! But frankly the train part was the one to please him and the romance part to please her. I can't see how Sheldon could have missed that. And I wasn't a fan of her admitting she was trying to trick him. I mean she obviously didn't and she DOES deserve romance. Her ''I didn't know how to make it happen'' line broke my heart too. Having said that I understand how Sheldon is in a big denial. Sheldon might tried to make her excited with his excitement (which in general is perfect. what Amy wanted in 5x12 and what she DID by learning so much about that train) but she took into account his feelings last year and she did the same thing this year. In my eyes she is perfect :p Personally I don't care about Vday I am with Sheldon on that but the girl deserves the world not just romance. Glad she actually got what she deserved. ;)

Their awkwardness after the kiss was to die for!!! I LOVED how she told ''have fun''. Because she actually wanted him to have fan ANY WAY HE WANTED. Even if it didn't include her. She just wanted to know that he cares. And boy does he care!!!!! When he asked her to join him she finally knew that he liked it!!! She just wanted to have fun together. His kind of fun was ok with her. She is not into trains but she was there with Sheldon that was all that mattered. So no she is not sex starved and she is not only pleased when he does something sexual. Cause then she would have told ''no please have fun with your friend I don't want to get on the way''.

Anyway I loved that he just told Leonard and that he was so proud to do so. Kissing Amy on the lips was one of the things that made the weekend so wonderful. And to me it was obvious that he is still in denial and doesn't want to admit that he loved the kiss most of all and that he plans to kiss her again cause he liked it. And to be logical I don't think the writers would have him imply that he didn't care about the kiss and he is planning to hear a nine finger guys playing the banjo again. It would kind of take away everything and they are not stupid!!!!

Ok now that I am done I sense that I was a bit harsh on Sheldon but that is just cause I love him so much. I actually love it when he sweeps Amy off her feet. He is so freaking good at that.

eta: I found the contrast between Amy and Bernie pretty interesting when they were all together. Sheldon was talking about pocket watches and Bernie had a WTF face whereas Amy was pretty cool finding nothing weird about one owing more than one pocket watch.

Edited by Cecilia