The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.15 "the Locomotive Manipulation" (February 6)

Your Episode Rating  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Is Yvette coming back? If not just to annoy Howard? Adding another "Dr." into the group.

I liked her. I hope she does come back. From the little we saw of her I think they would be a good match. The show could always use another romance! :)

I hope so! I liked her! She seems very tough and out spoken, where Raj is the more romantic and sappy. TBBT likes giving their couples the opposite in gender stereotypes. Also I like that she is another Dr. too! Also She doesn't seem as enamored in penny like the other too girls, so i think she could bring a new dynamic to the girl group.  I look forward to her return!

You could be right about the girl dynamic. It probably end up to be more like the Pyria against the three scenario that occurred previously. You are not going to break up the three girl friends. So either she is with them or against them.

• Like 1

the kiss was a sweet and touching-great for all you shamy fans, :crying:

it was about time.

hope howard found a room on the train they looked in loved big time.

poor raj found yvette phone number to late.

l/p-loved how leonard call her out on drinking, but then how cute

in the lab penny was hunger, and leonard there was a food place

across the street. they are in a good place.

Sorry to keep bringing up the kiss but when he stepped closer to her during the kiss

her really took "command"  LOVE IT

• Like 3

leonard and penny romance is one of the reasons I love to watch tbbt, please let it continue and deeper and more romantic, instead of mater-of-fact thing it is now. I know there are more characters to work with, but lenny is the best piring and deserves more time devoted to it. MORE ROMANCE FOR LENNY, PLEASE.

Sorry to keep bringing up the kiss but when he stepped closer to her during the kiss

her really took "command"  LOVE IT

He became a MAN!!!  

• Like 2

OMG what a beautiful kiss in so romantic enviroment: an old train!!

Anything else happened in this episode? I only can see this lovely kiss in my mind right now :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 4

OMG what a beautiful kiss in so romantic enviroment: an old train!!

Anything else happened in this episode? I only can see this lovely kiss in my mind right now :wub: :wub: :wub:

Well actually it was a great episode all around and everyone was good.

I like new characters.

I'm looking forward to see Yvette's personality and how she'll integrate the group. But I can't hide my deception : a biologist, again. I wanted to have a mathematician or a female physicit. I guess that's not very important, let's see.

For Raj a dog loving vet is a good match. He will have something to talk about.

I am speculating Yvette should have lots to talk about with Amy and Bernadette.

Penny might be the odd person out. Sheldon could be a problem as usual.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

For Raj a dog loving vet is a good match. He will have something to talk about.

I am speculating Yvette should have lots to talk about with Amy and Bernadette.

Penny might be the odd person out. Sheldon could be a problem as usual.

What will he say? I don't like change ... :icon_cheesygrin:

Haven't seen the episode but watched the kiss scene on YouTube.

Utter perfection! It ticked every box by being in character, believable and, most importantly for a sitcom, freakin' hilarious!

Mayim and Jim are such talented actors and their physical choreography was spot on. Genius writing realised by performance genius from the both of them.

It was so gloriously awkward and brilliantly played by Jim that you could almost spot the endorphins whizzing round as he moved in. As for Mayim, what an amazingly honest actor she is, there's no hint of vanity to her performance, she is truly audacious.

And then add sensuality to the mix on top of all that. I repeat, utter perfection!

SO AGREE!!!!!

Again the word that comes to mind everytime I watch (many times) PERFECTION.

My bad! Clarification...Post #168 is strictly...IN MY OPINION!

Actually i thought that was pretty obvious. Surely we don't have to preface each statement with 'in my opinion'. Edited by ajond

I've noticed! :p I feel like a lot of Shamy fans too hate Sheldon as the Lenny-dog and him being used as a plot device to drag Lenny down, I believe many hardcore Sheldon fans also hate the way he's been used for that (or as the manchild in his own relationship). And it is a major complaint I've seen in the reviews I've read of this episode; a lot of people are concerned this moment will amount to nothing. We can just hope that the writers take notice. They don't want the characters to become caricature of themselves, not when they have so much meat on the fire that could make the show really really good, between this kiss and Penny's job situation, not to mention the whole Amy at Caltech stuff and possibly the tenure issue (for Leonard's career)? That's a lot of stuff to conclude the season on. I often don't understand why they sabotage their own momentum by dropping interesting storylines in favor of coming up with new ways of running the same damn jokes into the ground. 

I agree, but they have done that forever, it's their style of writing.  But in saying that they are now dealing with "bigger" storylines and issues than whatever happened to Stephanie ( Leonard broke up with her finally), so they have to stop writing from episode to episode and actually fill in some of these gaps they have created.  I too hope that the kiss is not just a once off and forgotten about the rest of the season, it was too big a step in Sheldon growth and the relationship of Shamy to treat it like a throwaway storyline.  As for Penny's job do they not think that the audience is wondering how she is supporting herself now?  

• Like 3

For some reason,I love that dispute between Sheldon and Amy a lot. It was not only very in character, but also very true,very believable and most importantly very couple-ish, definitely different from any other argument has happened between them before. It made me believe that they have became a real grown up couple being in a serious and romantic relationship.

The episode was great, and the "idea" of how they kissed was great, and Sheldon was great, and although I'm usually a huge Amy fan, I think she ruined the most romantic moment on the show ever. She looks like a homeless guy just kissed her, or her uncle, she looks repulsed. Instead of softening and moving in towards him, like you'd expect, she tenses up and make that face, like she just got a kiss on the mouth from her uncle. Absolutely ruined it. Yes, she was "shocked" BUT even so, he's the guy she loves, not some drunk off the street. Her body language and facial expression are WAY off what it should have been. 

• Like 1

Lol, you can even see Maria's comment in there :)

I made the jpg so I could tweet it to Kevin Sussman but he hasn't responded. yet  :girldrunk:  I tweeted it to Maria too - she cracked me up.

• Like 1

Well she is a dynamite lady after all...

Awww I am really sad you took it that way. Every Shamy fan deserved to love that kiss!!! Personally, I love the way she reacts. I like it that she tenses like that unable to think straight. Amy isn't Sheldon's girlfriend just because after all. They are alike and even if Amy is all (sex-unfortunately) talk lately I am pretty sure that is just it. She tensed cause she is startled and she is not that comfortable with the human touch really. Do you remember TLSP when she hit that lady at the airport? I realize Sheldon isn't just a random person but a kiss is something really intimate and the other two times they kissed she was either drunk or very excited. Even when they cuddled it was pretty awkward (and adorable may I add :girldance: ). Some handholding and a couple of hugs aren't enough to be compared with a kiss. And even when she imagined the kiss she was exaclty like that all shy and shocked. She did lean in a little but that was fantasy I think it is realistic that she was so taken aback. I am happy with Amy's reaction cause to me it proves that TPTB still remember who Amy is and despite her progress she still the same person. In every major moment we have an Amy completely shy and unable to take an initiative whereas Sheldon doesn't hesitate to take charge. I find that really beautiful!!!!!!!! And tbh Mayim is an incredible actress she couldn't ruin anything even if she tried. So, I hope I cheered you up a little. As I said every Shamy deserved to love that moment!!! :)

I completely agree. It's the contrast between Sheldon's dominance and Amy's awkwardness that made the kiss so special. The audience likes to think of Amy as the more "experienced" in the relationship (compared to Sheldon), but we forget that she's just as clueless as he is.

On a different note, they really made use of them standing up. Their first kiss on Amy's couch was nice and it was supposed to show that Amy was the initiator of the kiss, and their second one also highlighted that Sheldon didn't play much of a role in it (though they were standing up, he didn't move at all), but this one really emphasised that he was in control, especially the way he towers over her and leans down to get closer.

• Like 5