7.15 "the Locomotive Manipulation" (February 6)

Tripper

Your Episode Rating  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Sorry, I disagree. Mayim was a huge part of why the kissed worked so well. The physical acting by both of them was so illustrative that even a person watching BBT for the first time, or even just that 2 minute clip alone, would understand and be able interoperate their dual personalities and the dynamics that drive the Shamy relationship from it. It's all there, in a nutshell, no dialogue required.

Edited to add that I love that Mayim avoided the clichés that you touch on in your post. She went straight to the truth, which is what I meant when I said upthread what an honest actor she is. No softening, moving in, or perhaps soft sighs followed by a leg lift like some corny 50s movie for Amy. No siree! To quote; "More real boy, less Pinocchio".

I like what she did with her hands, it was for me how squished her face looked. LOL, but I understand too. I do like how Sheldon took charge, I think in truth he will be taking charge once things get physical….oh my!

• Like 5

I like what she did with her hands, it was for me how squished her face looked. LOL, but I understand too. I do like how Sheldon took charge, I think in truth he will be taking charge once things get physical….oh my!

My cousin is a huge Amy fan, just like me, and when I told her what I thought about the kiss, she emailed me a picture from when I was 15 or 16 years old (I'll not say how long ago it was, lol, but the favorite dancing song was "Whip It" ) . She was the photographer for our school paper and she'd been taking pictures of the dance we'd had at school, and she snapped a picture of me getting a kiss from this guy I had a crush on. Oh how I remember that kiss right out of the blue, lol, but until now I didn't realize exactly how awkward I looked. I have almost the exact same expression as Amy and  I remember not knowing what to do with my hands, lol, I was fighting myself between wanting to grab him and kiss back, and wanting to run, but before I could decide what to do it was over. So, ok, I guess I was wrong, Mayim nailed it, lol.

• Like 4

Sorry, I disagree. Mayim was a huge part of why the kissed worked so well. The physical acting by both of them was so illustrative that even a person watching BBT for the first time, or even just that 2 minute clip alone, would understand and be able interoperate their dual personalities and the dynamics that drive the Shamy relationship from it. It's all there, in a nutshell, no dialogue required.

Edited to add that I love that Mayim avoided the clichés that you touch on in your post. She went straight to the truth, which is what I meant when I said upthread what an honest actor she is. No softening, moving in, or perhaps soft sighs followed by a leg lift like some corny 50s movie for Amy. No siree! To quote; "More real boy, less Pinocchio".

aawww :girlsigh:  I want to print out your comment and Cecilia's and hug them while dancing around my room to the music from the transformation scene of Beauty and the Beast. It's just that I'm corny that way. Not Shamy they're unique and in those 2 minutes it captured their truth. Mayim could have gone for the cinematic "Pinocchio" but that doesn't fit Amy. Amy is shocked, innocent and naive because it's her first time and first times aren't always perfect. Mayim doesn't have a hang-up to demand she look good, she's about the craft, she's about getting the emotions right and making the scene work she does just that in spades.

This moment was about Sheldon discovering something in himself - perhaps more questions than answers -  but by NOT touching him and letting him do his thing she encapsulated the LOVE and UNDERSTANDING she has for him. He's adverse to touch and keeps it at a minimum. Even lost in that moment of an epic kiss she wasn't thinking about herself. She may have not been thinking at all but she's aware and we see it with that hand wringing.  It's beautiful. Without words Amy's "should I or shouldn't I" is there right before your eyes -- her conundrum. How to deal with this puzzle of man she's given her heart to - she chooses well in that moment. In not doing anything she gives him what he needs. (remember last Valentine's Day)

@Daisy70 if you need vocals then listen to Mayim's voice crack pouring out her pain before the kiss and the inflection and softness when she said "that was nice". Each are dripping with emotions not directed at any hobo or someone's uncle (ugh!  :no2: not going to ask). TLSP was a perfect example of how NOT READY Amy is for real intimacy. I have always hoped that their intimacy would end up playing out with Sheldon as one in control and soaked in desire while Amy becomes the timid vixen.  :brunette: Well rawr this SIK looks like they are hopefully playing into my head canon.  :air_kiss:

Here is my dance scene in cinema verite (really it's me):

ETA: This from Wil

tumblr_n0rnc975ay1t90x77o1_500.png

Edited by dessertisserved
  • Like 7

aawww :girlsigh:  I want to print out your comment and Cecilia's and hug them while dancing around my room to the music from the transformation scene of Beauty and the Beast. It's just that I'm corny that way. Not Shamy they're unique and in those 2 minutes it captured their truth. Mayim could have gone for the cinematic "Pinocchio" but that doesn't fit Amy. Amy is shocked, innocent and naive because it's her first time and first times aren't always perfect. Mayim doesn't have a hang-up to demand she look good, she's about the craft, she's about getting the emotions right and making the scene work she does just that in spades.

This moment was about Sheldon discovering something in himself - perhaps more questions than answers -  but by NOT touching him and letting him do his thing she encapsulated the LOVE and UNDERSTANDING she has for him. He's adverse to touch and keeps it at a minimum. Even lost in that moment of an epic kiss she wasn't thinking about herself. She may have not been thinking at all but she's aware and we see it with that hand wringing.  It's beautiful. Without words Amy's "should I or shouldn't I" is there right before your eyes -- her conundrum. How to deal with this puzzle of man she's given her heart to - she chooses well in that moment. In not doing anything she gives him what he needs. (remember last Valentine's Day)

@Daisy70 if you need vocals then listen to Mayim's voice crack pouring out her pain before the kiss and the inflection and softness when she said "that was nice". Each are dripping with emotions not directed at any hobo or someone's uncle (ugh!  :no2: not going to ask). TLSP was a perfect example of how NOT READY Amy is for real intimacy. I have always hoped that their intimacy would end up playing out with Sheldon as one in control and soaked in desire while Amy becomes the timid vixen.  :brunette: Well rawr this SIK looks like they are hopefully playing into my head canon.  :air_kiss:

839987.gif

732489.gif

Your post...just...so many feelings...

• Like 1

The very end of that Youtube video... "Which is exciting because it opens up doors for future stories.. And we plan to make some." :D!

Very nice and well put together. I had to search around for a copy that would play in my location but that did not take long.

I've enjoyed reading these posts about the kiss. I admit lately I've let go of my obsession over the shamy, but I swear ever since this episode aired, I can't get that damn kiss out of my head! I've watched it over and over and I'm dying to know what they do next. I really hope they keep things similar to how they portrayed them in this scene -- Sheldon dominate, Amy awkward -- but very sweet and raw with their emotions toward each other, like they did in their exchange after the fact. I don't know why but Sheldon taking charge really did it for me lol, and I've always preferred the more sweet Amy over crazy Amy anyway (which seems to be how they are portraying her lately).

Bring it on, big bang! I'm dying now. :)

• Like 3

So that number is rather misleading if it's being used as a gauge of widespread popularity.

I don't think anyone actually believes that any video on Youtube has exactly the same viewers as views. It is only logical that people watch more than once some videos. The fact that this is popular isn't established by the fact than a x number of people watched it. It is established by the fact that in 5 days it became the most popular video of the Big Bang Theory chanel on Youtube. The next one has 911,339 views and is the song Howard wrote for Bernie. And frankly over 2,000,000 views in 5 days is a pretty big number for an individual. I mean how many times will someone watch it?? I've heard some people saying they watched it 50 times a day tops. But how many are they??? 10??? Even if the 1,000 are from people on that forum what does that mean??? For example personally I watch it enough times a day but I don't refresh the page or hit the replay button. Plus we have to take into consideration that every video on the page is viewed more than once by the same people. So I guess it has to do with the analogy of the days and the views each video has. So I am pretty confident that it is very popular ;)

eta: most popular video Shamy kiss and second Howardette song. I guess Bernie and Amy are looking pretty good :dancer:

Edited by Cecilia
  • Like 3

Youtube has some sort of system so that multiple views aren't counted or something because it takes IP addresses and other stuff into account. Which makes sense because they have some competitions, for example, based on number of views and likes. I think it's something to do with advertisement too. So I think if you watch the same video on two different days it gets counted as two different views but if you view it within the same day it doesn't. 

• Like 1

Youtube has some sort of system so that multiple views aren't counted or something because it takes IP addresses and other stuff into account. Which makes sense because they have some competitions, for example, based on number of views and likes. I think it's something to do with advertisement too. So I think if you watch the same video on two different days it gets counted as two different views but if you view it within the same day it doesn't. 

I didn't know that!! I guess it makes my comment useless then :p Thank you koops!!!! :)

I think youtube changed the system after One direction happend. My little sister used to stay up all night just refreshing and rewatching their video with other fans just to get it up to some kind of must-viewed list..

I've kind of feel bad teasing her about that now.

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 2

I think youtube changed the system after One direction happend. My little sister used to stay up all night just refreshing and rewatching their video with other fans just to get it up to some kind of must-viewed list..

I've kind of feel bad teasing her about that now.

Poor kid though because it does count from IP address and not your refresh rate. Depending on your set-up if she turns off the modem it might assign her a random IP to bump up her views. LOL

Like Koops mentioned it may be set up to start a new count of your IP after 24 hours. Those darn people at HGTV have a fool proof system that has stored some cookie on my PC so I can't bump up my chances for my Dream House.  :girlmad: Yup! I feel your little sister's pain. Different stuff - same problems.  :telephone:

Actually the drunk AIK was the second most popular BBT video with 1,600,000 views. EVERYBODY LOVES SHAMY-LOVIN'

I think Cecilia was referring to the videos specifically on the TBBT Youtube channel. The popular AIK video was uploaded by another user called cliphawk. I'm not even sure if TBBT have a video of that moment on their channel (which is baffling). Someone correct me if I'm wrong :p.

I checked yesterday. If you search TBBT on YouTube, you now get the SIK as the first hit. If you order by number of views, the most watched one is the Nimoy Napkin scene with about 6 million views in 5 years. The SIK has raked up a third of that in a week. Go SIK! :p

• Like 8

I think Cecilia was referring to the videos specifically on the TBBT Youtube channel. The popular AIK video was uploaded by another user called cliphawk. I'm not even sure if TBBT have a video of that moment on their channel (which is baffling). Someone correct me if I'm wrong :p.

Oh really? my bad. I didnt even look who posted it. I just assumed it was BBT because of the high views. That's even crazier than, if it's by someone other than BBT themselves

• Like 2

Oh really? my bad. I didnt even look who posted it. I just assumed it was BBT because of the high views. That's even crazier than, if it's by someone other than BBT themselves

Yes I meant on the BBT channel. If we add other posters too then the thing becomes even more complicated. But it's ok no worries ;)

Hey, but what's next? Someone PM so I don't cause a firestorm. I just am curious how he will hit the sheets. lol. :)

Edit. Never mind, I'm sure it will be done with tenderness and grace ... He did used to practice and he has told us everything looks good and works. I'm just unable to mentally join the dots. My bad. I just like to have an idea of what's coming. :) for now IHNC.

Edited by Nogravitasatall

I agree with AmyGilr, time for Lenny to have a real VD, not some cheap flowers at gas station, or cheap chocolates, this year's VD was absolutely cheesy without emotions, last year's VD was awesome in terms of romantic moment between Penny and Leonard.

sorry, I meant AmyGirl, misspelled it