What Shall We Call This Fandom?

Becca Cooper-Hofstadter

This has been puzzling me for a while, ever since I became involved with this fandom, I always wondered, does it have a name? what to we call ourselves as a group or individual fans? I always Imagined us being called "Bazinga Geeks" or "Bazinga Nerds" or "Sheldon Cooper's C-men" what kind of name are we known as? It would be fun Wouldn't it! 

post-9437-0-19417000-1390826440_thumb.jp

Honestly, I think "TBBT fans" works just fine. Do we really need to have some cutesie nickname like "Trekkies" or "Whovians"?

Well, "X-Philes" was pretty clever back in the day...

ETA: "Big Bangers"?

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

Honestly, I think "TBBT fans" works just fine. Do we really need to have some cutesie nickname like "Trekkies" or "Whovians"?

I say YES we do need a "cutesy" nick name.

I myself get tired of saying "I belong to a forum that involves TBBT and I enjoy being in the games section, Etc.

I think not only should we have a name overall for this forum (I like Big Bangers), but also names for the members favorite threads (for example: Big Bang Chit-Chatter).

I'm not walking up to someone I'm interested in and calling myself a "Big Banger". I don't think things will work as I intend them to.

I think Theorists is pretty good :). If something is found that most people can agree on then consider me on board! I hope it catches on too. Though I'm happy with the generic term, I admit that a cool name would be kinda cute.

How about, Company Of Bang Enthusiasts: COBEs or possibly, Worship Molaro And Prady: WMAP

Don't forget, The Theorists was the name of the program that was a basically word for word heist of the show by a production company run by the Belarus Government.

This certainly shows me something !

I REALLY thought this thread would take off !!!

I think it proves that you can't force something on a fandom; it has to come on its own. Star Trek fans didn't start a contest or anything to figure out what to call themselves, they just started calling themselves "Trekkies" and it caught on. Same with Whovians and X-Philes. Either it happens organically or it doesn't happen at all, generally.

• 11 months later...