Random Fan Fiction Stories

rachelshamyfan

There's this one writer catmagnent

I literally cannot describe how awfully bad his writing is

Its so bad its funny

Always ends with

Like it or not? Go suck a butt

!¡!!!!

Probably not as bad as Reparata. I made a mistake to read some of her stories while browsing through Fanfiction.net. She actually wrote a story titled "The Death of Shenny" that took place during Leonard and Penny's wedding day, and had Penny walking out on Leonard and running away with Sheldon in the end. Later she admits that she deliberately wrote it like that hoping to fool Lenny shippers into reading her story and then "crush their hearts with the final line" (her own words). But at least she tagged the story as Shenny. Then she writes another story (this time not tagging it) hoping again to accomplish the same thing but that fails too. She actually admits being disappointed due to not getting any negative reviews to that story. (Truth to be told she started writing a Shamy story-an actual one-because somebody made a request and she didn't want to refuse, but she never finished it).Then she got a negative review on one of her Shenny stories and announces that she feels offended and quits writing. And almost all Shenny shippers defend her (not you, tx-fictionqueen: you're cool :)), saying things like "Why can't everyone just ship what they want" and "It's fanfiction, why the hate" despite Reparata's hateful actions toward Lenny and Shamy shippers. Sure everyone can ship what they want but any kind of story written by that sort of person leaves a soar taste in my mouth.

Or Risknight, who actually has Penny slapping Amy over a face and punching Leonard in one of her Shenny stories... all that and bashing in general is just so creepy and unnecessary.

I honestly don't understand, for example I ship Stuart/Lucy for example but I don't bash Raj why most of Shenny shippers (not everyone) bash Leonard and Amy then and even write Shenny stories and tag them as Lenny or Shamy just to bait others, why would Shenny be different at that comparing to other non-cannonical pairings? And what if some Shenny shippers who actually likes Leonard and Amy's characters just not the fact that they are paired with Penny and Sheldon reads that? Or if Lenny and Shamy shippers reads Shenny story tagged as Lenny or Shamy? They don't want others offending their ship but they (most of them) deliberately hurt and offend people who ship Lenny and Shamy. Where's the logic? Why causing so much hurt when most of Shenny stories could work just well without bashing? They say they are free to write whatever they want but what's the point? And if they are free to write whatever they want why are they nad when somebody leaves a review calling them out for their bashing? Aren't those people also free to say whatever they mean about their story? They go as far as not only hating on Leonard and Amy but also actors/actresses who play them. Are people really that angry because pairing they ship isn't a cannon? I simply don't get that.

• Like 3

Oohhh I really don't like risk night, I've read a couple but that's it, a lot of the shennies try to entice the shamies by adding Amy in the character list and by the time your halfway through reading it, u then realise

Yes she is one of the worst Leonard and Amy bashers, she, Reparata and devilbk.

I think that a lot of the issue with the Shenny pairing is that the writer has to come up with some reason why L/P or S/A are not together, why they might break up in order to have S/P get together, etc..

Oftentimes, I guess the easiest way is to have Leonard or Amy do something horrible or to turn out to be horrible people (because S/P would have to remain the good guys), so that there would be a reason for the canon couples to break up.

And then because there is this strong Shenny vs Lenny/Shamy thing going on, with oftentimes the Shenny camp trying to prove that their pairing is somehow better or makes more sense or whatever, then some Shenny writers seem to feel the need to draw Lenny/Shamy readers in, either to rub it in their faces or to try to convince them(?) or maybe just to be rude.

I do think that some Shamy shippers have probably harrassed some Shenny writers simply for daring to write the pairing, and that's equally wrong.  I think that the best scenario is to ignore Shenny stories if you dislike the pairing (and I'm sure most people do), but if they're using deceptive descriptions to deliberately try to trick people into reading their stories, then I think it's okay to call them out on that.

They all do it phanta!

Not all of them bash Leonard and Amy and bash Lennys and Shamys but almost all of them do . Tx-fictionqueen and ShellyStark don't, for example. I didn't meet anyone offending Shenny shippers for no reason other than shipping Shenny.

Also there is no need to make Leonard and Amy do something horrible in order to have Leonard/Penny and Sheldon/Amy broken up and then pair Sheldon with Penny. They can easily set the story in earlier seasons when Leonard and Penny weren't dating and before Sheldon was with Amy, or make it an AU story where there is no Leonard and Amy or where Leonard and Penny and Sheldon and Amy aren't dating, or have Lenny and Shamy drift apart or simply realizing that they aren't right for each other due to some problems that they already have on a show and have yet to resolve in future seasons, and make them break up peacefully, with everyone being a good guy. There is no need for bashing at all, it's simply their way of getting rid of frustration over their favorite pairing not being a cannon.

Edited by Mislav

There was a strange one a while back

Penny was Sheldon's assistant, then Sheldon died but stayed part of the story with his own storyline watching down on his friends, mainly penny from above, it was so bizarre that I had to read to the finish and of course penny then died and they met each after afterwards

There was a strange one a while back

Penny was Sheldon's assistant, then Sheldon died but stayed part of the story with his own storyline watching down on his friends, mainly penny from above, it was so bizarre that I had to read to the finish and of course penny then died and they met each after afterwards

I guess you didn't read risknight's "A Brand New World", it wasn't paranormal but so OOC and hate-filled.

The return of the physicist (by devilbk) is so unbelievably OOC for all of them. And it all revolves around Leonard messing with Sheldon's results when they all went to the arctic. Yeah, like he'd really get in trouble for what they ALL did. And it amazes me how many comments she got from it so far. I can't believe how many people hate with a passion Leonard and Amy.

The return of the physicist (by devilbk) is so unbelievably OOC for all of them. And it all revolves around Leonard messing with Sheldon's results when they all went to the arctic. Yeah, like he'd really get in trouble for what they ALL did. And it amazes me how many comments she got from it so far. I can't believe how many people hate with a passion Leonard and Amy.

Most of Shenny shippers may bash Leonard and Amy but mostly their writing style is good. Devilbk's stories are almost completely consistent of dialogues, no descriptions, emotions, anything (had to read some because of the number of reviews his stories had). And judging by the plot it is almost like bashing Leonard and Amy is his primary motive for writing that stories, not Shenny at all.

Not read it!

You better not. She has Penny slapping Amy and punching Leonard among other things.

The Shennys. I know fanfiction is the only way they can support their ship, but wow. Find me one Shamy or Lenny story where the writer treats any of the characters as horribly and OOC as your typical Shenny writes Leonard or Amy. The very few that I have ventured to attempt to read have been so mind-boggling hatefilled, it was stunning. I got tricked by Reparata's bait and switch 'The Death of Shenny' story. OK. That's fair. I should have known. But what got me were the gloating comments by the author that s/he hadn't received any comments from a tricked Lenny! Bad enough to have a psychotic hate of a fictional character but now you're deliberately extending hate to taunt the readers too? Unbelievable.

I am huge fan of 'live and let live'. When I did go to Fanfiction, I always, always, always, always use the filter for 'Leonard H' so I can avoid the Shenny. Nope. I noticed that 'Leonard H' was being increasingly used by the Shennys so now their bash stories would pop up when using the filter. This past December or January, when using the 'Leonard H' filter, the top three or four stories were Shenny Leonard bashing ones. Other than to upload stories, I have not gone to Fanfiction. I get my fill from stories I've been following or visiting other trusted Lennys 'Favorite Stories' and try to find something new from there. It's totally stupid, I know, but that's the only way I don't have to see their stories. And I'm only spiting myself because I know I'm missing Lenny some stories out there. So if anyone has any Lenny recommendations, please PM me!

I've not written very much ff but my shenny story doesn't bash anyone. https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_edit_property.php?storyid=9124528 There are hundreds of shenny stories and most of them just focus on Sheldon and Penny, and have very little Leonard and Amy in them. Of course there will be some bashing because shannys don;t like the canon relationships. I avoid canon stories so it would make sense for canons to avoid shenny. 

Edited by Spaced_up

I've not written very much ff but my shenny story doesn't bash anyone. https://www.fanfiction.net/story/story_edit_property.php?storyid=9124528 There are hundreds of shenny stories and most of them just focus on Sheldon and Penny, and have very little Leonard and Amy in them. Of course there will be some bashing because shannys don;t like the canon relationships. I avoid canon stories so it would make sense for canons to avoid shenny.

I appreciate you not bashing anyone but most of

the Shenny stories that I encountered bash Leonard and Amy. Also not liking the canon couples doesn't give them right, or a good reason to bash Leonard and Amy.

They are simply characters. If someone doesn't like a character they can write them as 'bad' because that might be how they view them. It's all subjective. We do have 'the right' because they are not real.

Also I find it hard to believe that people who ship canon have that much experience of shenny ff anyway. Why would you? It's not your thing. 

Edited by Spaced_up

They are simply characters. If someone doesn't like a character they can write them as 'bad' because that might be how they view them. It's all subjective. We do have 'the right' because they are not real.

Also I find it hard to believe that people who ship canon have that much experience of shenny ff anyway. Why would you? It's not your thing.

There are more than characters, there are a part of my favorite TV show. There is no reason to bash any of them if you really are fan of a show and not only one pairing and if you look at them and their actions objectively you will realize that all of them have flaws and neither of the characters is better or worse. Also if a Shenny shipper who actually likes Leonard and Amy reads that kind of story it would make him/her feel uncomfortable when it could easily be avoided by not and bashing. Not to mention that some Shenny shippers write Shenny stories and tag them as Lenny or Shamy to bait others, which is just rude. The reason why I am that experienced is because I heard about some of that bashing stories from other authors and checked them out to see are they really that bad and do most of Shenny shippers bash Leonard and Amy, also lots of Shenny shippers wrote more than one story so I check out their other stories if I stumbled upon one that they wrote that included bashing to see did they improve or not. If you read posts above you would know that. I stumbled upon some of them while browsing through fanfiction too. Don't defend Leonard and Amy bashing, it is wrong and unnecessary.

When talking about other ships or other people, it's important to remember the usual forum rules apply whether you're talking about people here or people elsewhere. Aggressive or derisive language aimed at other people isn't appropriate.

It's also worth considering whether it's fair to be discussing people or fanfic outside of this forum, where the author may, in essence, not have right of reply because they're not aware it's being discussed here or they're not a member here.

When talking about other ships or other people, it's important to remember the usual forum rules apply whether you're talking about people here or people elsewhere. Aggressive or derisive language aimed at other people isn't appropriate.

It's also worth considering whether it's fair to be discussing people or fanfic outside of this forum, where the author may, in essence, not have right of reply because they're not aware it's being discussed here or they're not a member here.

OK, I am not going to bring it up anymore. I just wanted to adress some issues about that topic in general but I think that I said everything that had to be said. I apologize if it went too far.

OK, I am not going to bring it up anymore. I just wanted to adress some issues about that topic in general but I think that I said everything that had to be said. I apologize if it went too far.

Thanks for understanding. Just to be clear, in case it wasn't, my post wasn't aimed specifically at you or anybody else, just at the way the thread has gone over the past few days. :)