Mistake About Pasadena

robertc

In the Candy Coating episode, Sheldon said something happened in the Arclight Pasadena theater in 2007.

However, that theater opened in 2010.  It used to be called the Paseo Colorado.  I know because I went there in Feb. 2010 to see Shutter Island.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Your probably right but I guess the writers are not in the buisness of doing documentarys, so if their are inadequacies some time's or mistakes I think it's best just to overlook it for the sake of subtlties. Actually did some research and the Arclight Pasadena theatre opened in 2002, so Sheldon was probably was right https://www.arclightcinemas.com/locations/los-angeles/pasadena/showtimes?origin=pasadena.

Well, there are several mistakes about Pasadena. Notable are the well known problems with their address and the fact that Cal Tech is east of Los Robles, and Euclid (which runs North-South no less) is west of Los Robles so there is no reason to travel on Euclid( see "The Euclid Alternative").

I think my original statement was correct.  It was not called the Arclight Pasadena until 2010.

Trust me, I live nearby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arclight_Hollywood#Other_locations

Actually you original statement was that the Arclight opened in 2010.  The theater opened in 2002 under the name Pacific Theaters, but whatever happened there in 2007 still happened in what is now called the Arclight.   There is nothing wrong with referencing something under it's current name, even if the name was different in the past.

• Like 1

Yes you right. However keep in mind this a tv show. Also The Cheese Cake Factory dose not use the uniform Penny used. The real CKF in Pasadena dose not look like BBT. It is a TV set.

Sent from Dan's iPhone using Tapatalk

TV shows not use real address. Because fools will bother the real people the live there. TV Shows are carful make it impossible to retrace where the locations of the show.

CalTeck 1200 E California Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91125

Sent from Dan's iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Robertc, as you live in Pasadena...do you think there are visitors in your city trying to guess the places the characters of TBBT are going/living as happened in Paris with the book Da Vinci Code? It is only a curiousity product of a rainy day, nothing related to your original statement :)

I made a huge mistake.  The transcript for the episode says that Sheldon said the AMC Pasadena, not Arclight Pasadena.  Sorry.

Now I'm The Retractor.

PS: Sheldon once said Lake St.  It's Lake Avenue.  And it does have a Coffee Bean.

Well if you want to talk about mistakes,  how about when the guys go on a "quest" to retake Sheldon's World of Warcraft stuff?

Raj notes that he has some great questing music on a CD and it turns out to be "Ride of the Valkryies". 

Anyone who has read the Wikipedia entry on Caltech knows that people from Caltech play it ONLY once a year during finals week IIIRC.    It says they take great pride in never playing it at any other time.