The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

Storyline Ideas For The Rest Of Season 7

I was thinking I would really like too see a storyline centred around Cal-Tech, haven't seen much of that in a while, well one scene this week. Maybe revisting tenure I don't know, see Shamy interact at Cal-Tech, Leonard get's a big break in his career e.t.c. What's some storylines or plot's you would like too see for the rest of Season 7? Lenny living together is clearly inevitable, but just in between.

I would love to see Shamy work/interact more at Cal-tech.

I don't need to see tenure brought up again, and don't expect it will, since it hasn't been mentioned for over a year.

What I would love to see is to find about Amy's family and her past.

We only know she was lonely growing up, probably not by choice.

And yes I think Lenny moving in together this season is inevatable.

I do think they will surprise us with that though.

Maybe Sheldon convinces them to go ahead with it.

That would surely surprise me.

The guys, did not make it to Comic Con. Why not have them go to a Steampunk Conventions. The girls could get involved with this also. Steampunk is a growing part of the culture. :fan:

• Like 1

- Tenure resolution

- Something for Raj

- A birthday episode like in season 1

- Finally Penny acting career-Make or Break

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

I'll let you guys ride out Season 7.

If the producers are smart they'd look at the Season 8 thread and have their most emmy winning season ever.

However if the guys were to overcome their individual character's Jonah Complexes before moving onto Season 8 that would make a good final episode.

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Jonah_Complex

I'd like to see a Sheldon/Amy storyline in Cal-Tech, too. Not necesaarily about their relationship, but I'd like to see Amy react to Kripke.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a Sheldon/Amy storyline in Cal-Tech, too. Not necesaarily about their relationship, but I'd like to see Amy react to Kripke.

Poor Kripke, he would get smacked left to right, especially after the kiss :)

• Like 1

Amy could be given a higher title at work then SHELDON.

Maybe Amy gets tenure at cal tech lol

• Like 4

Maybe Amy gets tenure at cal tech lol

Sheldon would be beaming with pride I think, not jealousy as you would expect.

Rachel just scored a first hit on the Howardette fandom, let say you with the reply....... *crickets*.

Really missing Sheldon's mom...but people have said she is doing other things. I would love  to meet  Meemaw(  played by Betty White)

Then she can buy a house, get married, start a family. LOL

Or the chainsaw.

Always felt that I'd like to see Raj chased by a girl and him not liking her. It'd be amusing if his story was the opposite of everything that has happened to him (going after every person with ovaries that show the slightest bit of attention to him). Like the girl has violent streaks, quite boyish and has a wushu belt or something. 

It's time the boy gets some love.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Raj pursued by someone, and him not know how to feel about it. Or not get it, rather like the way that Alex was hitting on Leonard but Leonard was totally clueless for quite some time. Then maybe the girl has to put her cards on the table, and Raj is flattered but surprised and needs time to think about it. Raj thinks about it and warms up to the idea. But I wouldn't mind a girl who sort of made up her mind to put her hat in the ring for Raj, whether he liked it or not, and he got a taste of what it was like to be pursued.

The only issue is that it might, pretty quickly, go to his head and his arrogant side would emerge.

I think whatever girl ends up with Raj, she better come equipped with a mighty big frying pan.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 3

I'd like to see Raj pursued by someone, and him not know how to feel about it. Or not get it, rather like the way that Alex was hitting on Leonard but Leonard was totally clueless for quite some time. Then maybe the girl has to put her cards on the table, and Raj is flattered but surprised and needs time to think about it. Raj thinks about it and warms up to the idea. But I wouldn't mind a girl who sort of made up her mind to put her hat in the ring for Raj, whether he liked it or not, and he got a taste of what it was like to be pursued.

The only issue is that it might, pretty quickly, go to his head and his arrogant side would emerge.

I think whatever girl ends up with Raj, she better come equipped with a mighty big frying pan.

I believe that Raj had always been depicted as metrosexual and this is exactly the kind of character which will be interesting to create a foil with. 

Methinks a good situation would be something like Penny meets a girl in the audition circuit or from an acting job where she has a non-speaking line. The girl turns out to be pursuing a career in entertainment but in the meantime, works as a stunt double so she is very well-versed in martial arts, car drifting etc. I've noticed how the girls Raj like generally fall under the "attractive" or "introverted" category so it would be nice to spice things up. It'd be also interesting to see if the girl also comes from a family that has strong ties to culture like Raj's. Potential storylines could stem from this as well which could very well allow her to be Vietnamese, Chinese, or Thai so we can see some cultural clashes (especially family-wise) going on here. Someone who comes from an American family would just let the American accept and ride with it but someone with a strong sense of culture like say, Filipinos or Koreans would provide some potential banter before things could get resolved. This also adds to the conflict because traditional cultures generally frown upon careers such as acting or stunts so this could make the girl's character more well-rounded.

Seeing that Penny comes from the same field, this could also pave way for her character to have someone to talk with about her career. Adding the girl to the three girls would create a fascinating balance: two girls from the academia and two girls trying their luck in Hollywood. 

It could be possible that she also grew up in a male-dominated, traditional family as opposed to Raj's (imo) quite feminine background. I mean, his dad is a gynecologist! I'm thinking this could add to the romance and tension needed for their story. Very similar (they're very linked with their ethnic backgrounds) yet so different (guy watches Sex and the City, girl is into target shooting like Penny). It would be funny if they go on a double date with Lenny! Two kick*ss girls and the two scaredy boys. 

Now, how could the girl end up falling for Raj. They could have him act out chivalrous in some situation and the girl ends up falling for him after that. Love stories wherein the girl obviously has the stronger character than the guy are always remarkable to watch. Given her "defy the odds" attitude, I can see her actively pursuing Raj and Raj being overwhelmed by it. At the end of the day, he seems to be inclined to be attracted to women seen in chick-flicks or sci-fi which this girl will not seem to be. I actually imagine her to be quite unkempt and always kind of lost looking. Simple-minded type of person at best. Someone who'd look like this on a typical day.

tumblr_ls1ed33u3D1qdvraco1_500.gif

And she'd pursue Raj to no end. But her violent streaks will be worse than Bernadette's. It'd be funny to see especially on Raj who grew up as a young master in his home in India. This could also be the reason why he won't like her initially. She's far from the fairy tale girl he'd imagined would serve him and take care of him.

tumblr_mv4taiC75U1rkyhpbo1_500.gif

tumblr_m4d6l58zfA1rvciioo1_500.gif

So she really pursues Raj with a violent streak and a vulgar attitude which instantly turns him off. But her character has a flash of vulnerability and there has to be some reason why she's so vulgar. Eventually, Raj continues playing the field but she integrates herself with the group (which Raj ends up hating). Soon though, he realizes he does have feelings for her, perhaps in an episode where her dad tells her he's set her up in an arranged marriage with the son of his business partner something and the guy visits her in Pasadena. 

My+Sassy+Girl+2.JPG

Sorry I blabbered too much. I tend to get excited with my own delusions.

Just posted those photos so that you can have an idea what I'm imagining. I'm picturing a girl who's really pretty in a laidback way but has this really unkempt look. Someone who has a sense of vulgarity and crass but is also vulnerable. A girl who tends to hit people but deeply cares. A dimensional character like that could round up the cast nicely, eventually.