The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

Living Arrangements

Living Arrangements  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Penny move in with Leonard or Sheldon or Should Leonard move in with Penny?

• Yes Leonard/Penny/Sheldon would be so funny!
    • No Leonard needs a place of his own
    • No Leonard needs to move in with Penny and Sheldon lives alone
    • Amy moves in with Sheldon and the four of them live together
    • Leonard moves into 4b and Amy moves in 4a
    • No Change
    • Lenny in 4a, they kick out Sheldob
    • lenny go to another block
    • Lenny move into 4b. and go on vaca, Amy moves in with Sheldon over the summer

Running a poll too see what you think should happen regarding living arrangements.

Edited by 3ku11

I don't know about other options but 2 surely is never gonna happen ....

and also a good one :)

can u also add no change option....

Its been made abundantly clear that Sheldon has no desire to live with Amy now or in the foreseeable future. So I'd let go of that delusion. But he's also not capable of living on his own, and wants to stay with Lenny, a request they won't have it in them to deny. Penny's apartment is barely big enough for one, no way would there be enough space for the two of them. Penny seemed very claustrophobic last time around. Plus, she seems to have a pull with the table, and there's be no reason to buy that if Leonard isn't staying. There isn't space for it at her place.

It has been made abundantly clear that Penny is not ready to move in with Leonard but we are talking about that too. So should we also call that a delusion? In Spoiler Alert there was no difference in reaction between Penny and Sheldon. When Sheldon is confronted with the topic of living with Amy he changes the subject (7.16) and when penny does she panics (7.12). Eventually they both with give, I don't see why one is more realistic than another?

• Like 6

It has been made abundantly clear that Penny is not ready to move in with Leonard but we are talking about that too. So should we also call that a delusion? In Spoiler Alert there was no difference in reaction between Penny and Sheldon. When Sheldon is confronted with the topic of living with Amy he changes the subject (7.16) and when penny does she panics (7.12). Eventually they both with give, I don't see why one is more realistic than another?

Except Sheldon will reiterate those feelings in the table episode, while the last mention with Penny was a season ago. Their relationship has grown, she's since proposed for crying out loud, while Shamy has essentially stayed the same. The only growth has been seeing her become more of a nanny/caretaker for him. He still prefers Lenny. Plus, Leonard and Penny already spend every night and all their free time together, while Sheldon has a cap on how much time he is willing to spend with Amy.

There's absolutely no comparing the two. Especially considering the last move-in was completely sprung on Penny.

Except Sheldon will reiterate those feelings in the table episode, while the last mention with Penny was a season ago. Their relationship has grown, she's since proposed for crying out loud, while Shamy has essentially stayed the same. The only growth has been seeing her become more of a nanny/caretaker for him. He still prefers Lenny. Plus, Leonard and Penny already spend every night and all their free time together, while Sheldon has a cap on how much time he is willing to spend with Amy.

There's absolutely no comparing the two. Especially considering the last move-in was completely sprung on Penny.

It was mentioned in 7.12 and when Sheldon asked Penny on the topic, she changed the subject and said " What are we doing", again not answering the question, similar to Sheldon. And Shamy relationship has grown this season, especially since love spell potential. But Shamy growth is moot, because I am not saying Sheldon is ready but rather I dont see Penny any more closer to it then Sheldon. I, personally, don't think that one can happen without the other. 

I guess we can agree to disagree but I think, while yes on most things, Sheldon and Penny are complete opposites, but on the moving in issue they are very similar. And they have to be for the writers to stall both relationships :-\

Edited by delsino
  • Like 3

Penny question stemmed from confusion at Sheldon pestering them, it was not a way of saying no. Sheldon made it outright clear he isn't living with her, and still plans to be with Leonard and Penny when he is eighty.

Penny question stemmed from confusion at Sheldon pestering them, it was not a way of saying no. Sheldon made it outright clear he isn't living with her, and still plans to be with Leonard and Penny when he is eighty.

Penny knew what he was asking but changed the subject. Sheldon never said outright he didn't want to live with Amy he said "were getting a table". Unless there is another taping report out there I dont know about. Again both changed the subject. Neither flat out rejected the idea.

Sheldon said Leonard was going to drive him to Comic con when their eighty, not live with them. Sheldon and Leonard are best friends, why shouldn't they go to comic con together. They don't have to live together to get a ride. 

Edited by delsino
  • Like 5

Penny knew what he was asking but changed the subject. Sheldon never said outright he didn't want to live with Amy he said "were getting a table". Unless there is another taping report out there I dont know about. Again both changed the subject. Neither flat out rejected the idea.

Sheldon said Leonard was going to drive him to Comic con when their eighty, not live with them. Sheldon and Leonard are best friends, why shouldn't they go to comic con together. They don't have to live together to get a ride. 

Yes, because the prospect of living with Amy is even more unpleasant to him than getting a table. Penny changing the subject had nothing to do with avoidance but rather confusion.

Sheldon said that in the context that Leonard be banned but still obliged to drop him off, not in a scenario where they would be going together. Besides, we already know that Sheldon was happy and satisfied with the perspective future of living with Lenny forever. Amy has not entered the equation in his mind. 

Edited by DaisyJane

Sheldon said that in the context that Leonard be banned but still obliged to drop him off, not in a scenario where they would be going together. Besides, we already know that Sheldon was happy and satisfied with the perspective future of living with Lenny forever. Amy has not entered the equation in his mind.

Amy and Sheldon WILL live together. Maybe not this season, but they will. I do not think for one second that Lenny will live with Sheldon.

I can't wait until it happens so you all will stop hanging onto every word Sheldon says and shut up.

• Like 8

Yes, because the prospect of living with Amy is even more unpleasant to him than getting a table. Penny changing the subject had nothing to do with avoidance but rather confusion.

Penny is not that stupid, despite when many people on this thread believe. Again, their responses were identical. Both ignored the answer and neither flat out rejected the idea. Any assumption on why is just an assumption and open to interpretation. And we disagree on why. Doesn't make either one of us wrong or as you said "delusional"

Again context is subjective. What was said is nothing about living arrangements.

Has it ever entered his mind, who knows. All we know for sure is neither him or Penny every accepted or rejected the idea.

• Like 5

I voted that Leonard will move in with Penny in 4b.

I don't think it's to small for 2 persons.

Yes they don't have a spare (guest room), but I don't think that is going to be a big problem, because I don't expect them to live here for 10 more years.

I do think Amy and Sheldon will move in together at some point like Dena said, but not this season.

I guess it will be somewhere in the 2nd part of season 8.

• Like 4

Penny and Sheldon have no similarities at all when it comes to living arrangements. I mean this isnot the first time Pennys response to one of Sheldons questions, with confusion. Penny has already lived with a guy for four years, and he clearly diddn't work out, it caused her to be isolated and alone, she was also much younger then. She is now older a little wiser, and in the defining relationship of her life. She is also presently focusing soley on one last shot at her acting career, so she's not ready yet, when she says jump Leonard well say how high ;).

So Pennys hesitance comes from experience. Where as with Sheldon his hestance comes from inexperience, he has never been physically intimate with a women before. So I do agree to a certain extent that although, Shamy have made progress, not enough for Amy to even come into the equation, last year when living arrangements came up was proof of that. If anything Lenny and Shamy the relationships themselfs have similarities when it comes to living arrangements.

Yeah Del 3 is Sheldon alone.

• Like 1

Its been made abundantly clear that Sheldon has no desire to live with Amy now or in the foreseeable future. So I'd let go of that delusion.

Yeah, and prior to the upcoming episode:

Spoiler>There was no indication that Sheldon was going to kiss Amy.

Or should we have let go of the delusion in believing that was going to happen?

But he's also not capable of living on his own, and wants to stay with Lenny, a request they won't have it in them to deny.

What? Do you remember that Leonard left and then closed the door in Sheldon's face, when he asked Leonard to come back? Isn't that a denial? The only thing that kept Leonard from staying gone was Penny's inability deal with it.

Penny's apartment is barely big enough for one, no way would there be enough space for the two of them.

Why not? Penny didn't object to him being there on the basis of the size of the apartment...

Penny seemed very claustrophobic last time around.

Claustrophobic? You're kidding right? She specifically said he didn't ask if she was READY for it, nothing about the size of the apartment.

Plus, she seems to have a pull with the table, and there's be no reason to buy that if Leonard isn't staying. There isn't space for it at her place.

Which means, what exactly? I have a large table in one of my rooms, that is only used when we have people over and there are too many to sit at our small four person table. Why can't the table stay in 4A, for when the whole group is there?

And while it isn't part of your post, I want to address the following. The reason they are not living together now, is simply because Penny couldn't handle it (not saying Leonard went about it the right way, but still, it was her problem with him being there that was the problem) due to her issues. If she runs short on money and asks Leonard to move in (or alternatively he asks to move in to help her get by) and she chooses to do that, why would that be a problem? I've seen several posters point out that they don't want Penny to be "forced" to move in with Leonard. I don't see how her simply asking him to move in (or him asking her) is her being "forced". Either she want's to move in with him, or she doesn't. I can't see anyone "forcing" Penny to do anything she doesn't want to do. Was she uncomfortable with Leonard moving in last year, sure. But she would rather have tried to work through that than hurt him by seemingly rejecting him. How is that any different than her prefer he moves in with her, rather than give up how she wants to approach her career?

• Like 9

Not sure where this idea that Pennys apartment is too small to live in, unless Penny gains 500 kg, and can't fit in her apartment, i think theyll be okay ;).

• Like 5

Is 3 and 5 the same thing?Or is 3, sheldon alone?

Thanks for updating it :)

I had to change my vote lol

I voted Lenny living together and Sheldon living alone. It will be pretty funny to watch Sheldon ajust to the situation and I think it would help him grow up. Plus I think it would be nice to have Lenny and Shamy move in in different periods cause that way we will have two big moments instead of one :)

• Like 3

I voted Lenny living together and Sheldon living alone. It will be pretty funny to watch Sheldon ajust to the situation and I think it would help him grow up. Plus I think it would be nice to have Lenny and Shamy move in in different periods cause that way we will have two big moments instead of one :)

Exactly, it serves multiples purposes to do it like that.

- It gives multiple storylines with different time frames

- It gives Sheldon time alone, and time to mature.

- Shamy can have "private" dates/moments, but still have their own places, which seems a logical step in their relationship.

- Sheldon will have a spare (bed) room that can also be used for different things.

• Like 2

According to somw tweets their maybe change, with Lenny in 4b and Sheldon alone. Which i think needs to happen, 1. Sheldon is way too co-dependent and self reliant on Leonard and Penny. This would give Lenny some space, because i think one of the biggest hurdles in Penny also being self reliant on Leonard, Amy, Bernie etc. Living arrangements, moving into together is a big gesture from both of them, but it would alsso give Penny the. Freedom to focus on obtaining some form of automony, Penny needs to move forward, and stealing the guys wi fi and food is no longer cute. Love tooo see her going to auditions too, quitting tccf was a big step, but i want too see practical, grounded Penny back, that means self independence, not self reliance, love that her self actulization has been deconstructed, in teems of her relationships but they need to back to writing Penny as self independent again.

No that would make things worser, most likely wld make Leonard and Penny isolated from each other. And from a production standpoint that would require another set.

• Like 1

While I voted for Leonard moving with Penny, and Sheldon therefor living in his own, I am now starting to wonder if this would change anything from Sheldon's perspective.

Both Penny and Leonard would still be at arms length from him, and therefor not really require him to change.

This is a sticky wicket as Sheldon would say, since I think it would be very good for Sheldon to really be on is own, with no safety net there to catch him when he falls (which would most likely happen).

It would teach him to be how to take care of himself after 10 years having a roommate, and it would probably make it clear to him how important Leonard (and in the future Amy) could be in that aspect of his life.

If the writers can find a way to do this, I would be happy.

Any ideas on how to accomplish that?

• Like 1