The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

Amy And Bert, Priyard, Peck, Shenny, And Any Other Riduclous Ship Shippers Thread

How about Raj and Alex haha? Rajex. I know their is little chance of Alex coming back. 

How about Raj and Alex haha? Rajex. I know their is little chance of Alex coming back.

Hi ya! (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Just realized something: Leonard/Leslie=Leslie!

I don't ship them, of course. (Even Howard and Priya had more chemistry together.)

My Top 5 Fav Canon and Non Cannon Couples.

Cannon:

1.Lenny

2.Shamy

3. Leonard and Stephanie

4. Howard and Leslie

5. Howard and Bernadette

Non - Cannon:

1. Howard and Penny :p

2. Raj and Bernadette

3. Penny and Stuart

4. Stuart and Lucy

5. Howard and Priya

Okay, I was combing through Fan Fic, and there is a new Shenny story out that has AMy in the description? I am like, what the hell? First of all, Shenny is a slap in the face of Leonard, plain and simple. It's sick. But then to have Amy too? I just... No... I can't... Understand... i need to quick reading Fan Fic's unfiltered...

I am just sitting her crying over a stupid Fan Fic, I didn't even READ! I need Zoloft. Like STAT!

Don't be so sad over it. After all, the only reason why they write such things is because they are frustrated over the fact that their favorite couple is never going to be canon. Your OTP is in a best place they can be right now, and that is CANON! And not some stupid fanfiction...
  • Like 1

Okay, I was combing through Fan Fic, and there is a new Shenny story out that has AMy in the description?  I am like, what the hell?  First of all, Shenny is a slap in the face of Leonard, plain and simple.  It's sick.  But then to have Amy too?  I just... No... I can't... Understand... i need to quick reading Fan Fic's unfiltered...

I am just sitting her crying over a stupid Fan Fic, I didn't even READ!  I need Zoloft.  Like STAT!

It doesn't worth to be sad about Hazerla :) These writers usually only use their names, but you wouldn't even recognize the characters. It doesn't have anything in common with Big Bang world - it's hardly BBT fanfiction. We are happy to have our couple in great place in real show, and great writers to write IC fanfics, Shenny shippers don't really have anything except for these fanfics and disappointment - we can enjoy our favorite love story on screen :) If you feel sad, just turn on the prom episode and you will feel better right away ;)

• Like 1

Well, I've had my boyfriends stolen by the beguiling blond before.  (Say that three times, LOL)  So I am jaded and my heart aches for Amy.  But these Shenny shippers think NOTHING of Leonard?!!?  I mean, forget about Amy for a minute, and just go back to season 1-3.  Seriously WTF, how would Penny and Sheldon getting together effect Leonard?  Oh poor baby! Ugh.. You guys are all correct, its just BS and I need to chill. How could you say they like Leonard? I guess i dont know enough, but that is okay, I dont want to know.

I guess that is why I am writing a story without Penny in 4B.  Not so that Lenny is slighted, (THey will get together later) but because I want those tender growth of SHeldon moments to come from Amy.  It's an AU, but I am still trying to keep Canon and start the relationship.  I just dont get the non canon ones. I really dont...

I just want Leonard to happy he got the girl he wanted and I want Amy to get her man.  

PS Amy and Bert?  Seriously?  WTF

Edited by hazelra7

Because I was saying the writers had every oppurutunity as vague and slight as it was. Like with Adhesive Duck. But it would of taken a complete deconstructing of what makes the show so unique and special. By the time Leonard and Penny dated that was that. But your right she was only ever going to date Leonard. Seeing he was always like Sheldon said the mackdaddy of the group, the most normal one.

Of course their wasen't I don't think I even mentioned that haha. Besides Penny clearly did not enjoy Sheldon taking her to the ER. I am just saying the ship sailed in 2009. And the whole Shenny thing even in a comedic way. Status Quo changed. The fact people still talk about something that never existed in 2015. Is pretty remarkable. Sheldons not Pennys type. Nor is Howard or Raj. If she was ever going to date any of the guys it was Leonard. That was made abundantly clear since the pilot. I agree with you Lord lol.

I always wonder what the big deal is when it comes to whether a particular ship is canon or not, particularly when it comes to fan fiction. I see fiction of any type as an exercise of the imagination and therefore subject to its own 'rules'; and when I say 'rules' I only mean the set parameters which the writer chooses to set his or her story. Borrowing from the many worlds theory, every possible relationship that could ever be on the show is a plausible 'ship' in the imagination of a fan fiction writer. The show, itself, isn't the 'be all and end all--this is the way you will write all fan fiction upon pain of death'. Pish on that. I write what I want to write. End of story.

I'm sure those of us who read fan fictions have come across some even within our own character universe preferences that we do not agree with. Perhaps Sheldon is 'off' to you in terms of characterization or that Leonard wouldn't find himself in a particular position that's presented in the story. When I come up with a problem I'm left with those 'choose your own adventures' moments: Do I go on or do I quit? Personally, I'm more forgiving of plots than flaws in characterization. As I stated before, my interest is Sheldon and as long as his character 'rings true' to me I'll follow him anywhere: Shenny, Shamy, Shelnard, you name it.

Now I've noticed in this thread that Shenny is a dirty word. You are quite right in that it is a ship that's not on the show proper. Did Penny and Sheldon form a romantic relationship? No. Will it happen now or in the future? No. --And yet we have oodles of Shenny fan fictions that have been written and continue to be published to this day. --And yet this seems to bother some of you like having a tooth in need of a root canal. The only advice I can offer you is, 'who cares?' That someone wants to write Shennys, whatever floats their boat. Is it canon? Of course not, but why is there such a fear and anger over anything written that isn't canon? Why is there such a need to belittle and ridicule just because someone writes something you don't like to read? It's bully behavior. As was pointed out on another thread, how are new people who like the show for whatever reason supposed to feel welcome and confident to post when they see comments that they are "sick"? Unless what you're trying to say is that there's only one way to like the show and if someone doesn't like it the way you do, they don't belong on this site. **I ask again because this is important: is that what some of you are saying?

Because if that is not what you're saying, having a thread like this one, where people are invited to openly mock other peoples' ships, even calling actual readers and writers "sick" just for wanting to write what ships they wish, screams of intolerance. This wouldn't be a big deal if this was a 'Canon-Only Site'. But it's not. It's a BBT site. And just because someone writes Shennys or reads Shelnards doesn't make them any less of a fan than you.

The majority of people here are not trying to make other people feel unwelcome and for you, dear readers, please do not take offense at this note as you are not its subject. I converse with people of all ships and I do so with respect, even if it's something I don't ship personally. Why? Because who am I to tell you how to like a show or a particular character?  This is not to say that there can't be discourse on this site. Heavens, this is a forum--discourse is a must! I just don't want to see threads like this where people feel welcome (and are openly encouraged) to ridicule other ships.

I'm on this site because I like to see pictures of Jim Parsons--not to be called "sick". As Amy said, '[You're] killing my buzz', and I'd appreciate it if this would stop. 

• Like 1

It's not a democracy...

You say this phrase a lot 3kull, what do you mean by it?

Are you suggesting this forum is an autocracy? I've always wondered. :s

• Like 1

I sorta mean its not a dictatorship. And everyone is entitled to their views.

Then you're getting your autocracies and democracies mixed up my friend.

An autocracy is a dictatorship. Democracy is government by people.

I did wonder if you were.

Thanks for the lecture ;) Not exactly I know what Democracy means. It's just metaphorical saying. People say it all the time, I wasen't actually being literal. Maybe next time I well say it is not a dictatorship.

Do people say it all the time?

Who are these people?

I've heard 'it's not a dictatorship' (which is correct) many times, but I've only heard the antonym from you, that's why I asked. As a statement it is completely at odds with the rest of your post, so is neither metaphorical nor literal, but contradictory.

However, I'm a fine one to talk, I often use long words to make myself sound more photosynthesis! ;)

But everyone is not entitled to articulate those views in a rude manner.  You didn't see anyone called sick, possible because it was hidden.  If you feel a post is uncalled for, report it, don't answer it.

Thanks for the lecture ;) Not exactly I know what Democracy means. It's just metaphorical saying. People say it all the time, I wasen't actually being literal. Maybe next time I well say it is not a dictatorship.

You didn't state you were being metaphorical or literal.  If you don't explain your post, expect people to question it.  And again, if you think there is something wrong with a post, report it, don't answer it.   

There was one fan fic where Zack was Amy's personal trainer. It gave Sheldon an aneurysm. It's a fun dynamic. Zack seems to have an attraction for that group, I could seem him being a little enamored of a smart girl for a bit. You know, full sentences with big words... 

Hey!  That was my FAN FIC!  Im gushing! 

• Like 1

I agree that some of the comments want too far, but I think that the purpose of the thread was to discuss many different non canon ships than mocking them. Just my opinion. But I think that we should focus on that a bit more rather than criticizing. There are many more interesting subjects and ships to be discussed on this thread. Where else can I say that I ship Hiya and find an understanding?

No, it's purpose is to mock. Look at it's title:- Amy and Bert, Priyard, Peck, Shenny and any other ridiculous ship shippers. "Ridiculous" being the give away.

Perhaps 3kull's assertion that "this is not a democracy" is apt after all?

This thread gives us the choice to choose the right choice does it not?

According to the title, I think it's not meant as serious shipping thread either. It's not even tagged as ship zone. Maybe you could start one non biased for alternative parings Mislav, seems like we don't have one in S8 ;)

According to the title, I think it's not meant as serious shipping thread either. It's not even tagged as ship zone. Maybe you could start one non biased for alternative parings Mislav, seems like we don't have one in S8 ;)

The only non canon couple that I ship and think/hope could happen in season eight is Stucy.

Unfortunately, they will probably never bring Lucy back and if they find a girlfriend for Stuart they will just bring in a new character and not even feauture her much since they already have four couples to keep track.

But one can hope, right?

The only non canon couple that I ship and think/hope could happen in season eight is Stucy.

Unfortunately, they will probably never bring Lucy back and if they find a girlfriend for Stuart they will just bring in a new character and not even feauture her much since they already have four couples to keep track.

But one can hope, right?

Interesting, I never thought of these two, but they could make a cute, quirky couple. Yes, eight people is a lot, but they gave Stuart a lot of space with Debbie, so maybe they would like more of his character. I didn't really see her as good fit for Raj, but I liked her character. I was kinda fan of Raj/Alex or Raj/Mrs. Davis from non canon parings.

I am working on a Stucy story, Halloween themed.

Just a reminder that I haven't given up on that!