Greetings From Brazil! \o/

QuirksAndAll

Hi there! :) I've been following the forum for quite some time, so I figured I would put my big girl shoes and finally make an account. It's been a long time since I last participated in a forum of one of my fandoms (I blame Tumblr for making me lazy on that aspect) and I tend to be more of a watcher than anything else, but hopefully my love for the show won't let me back away from this great communitty. 

As the title gives the clue, I'm from Brazil (don't get me around to talk about the World Cup; my political views aren't pretty on that one ;_;') o/ 23 years old, been watching TBBT for around 4 years now. A friend of mine in college (major in journalism, will graduate this year; May the Force be with me on that!) got me hooked on it when I had to stay home for a week with the flu... And, let me tell you: never been so happy to have the flu like I did then hahaha 

I have a special spot on the couch of my heart for Shamy (so digging the Shamy ♥).

Guess that's about it. Hi, everybody! 

Frieda Rainstorm: Oi! Que boa surpresa e que legal saber que morou por aqui! Eu me chamo Mariana, prazer!

So nice to know you liked here! Did you get the chance to travel around or were you staying in only one city? Btw: great portuguese! It's very² rare to find people abroad that speak my language, so it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy with a patriotic-like-feeling to know of foreign speakers. 

I didn't know if you'd prefer for me to write you in english or not, so I choose the safe road here ^^' hehe 

• Like 1

Muito prazer, Mariana. Sou Frederika or Frieda. In Brasil me chamaram de Fre:)

You're right, it's better to write in english. Every other language seems inappropriate on the site like this, and it could be uncomfortable to people, who doesn't speak it. But I wanted you to know, brazilian portugues is one beautiful language, and it's pleasant to hear people speaking it. For you to know, i'm the worst in english, so I'm very sorry for my infinite mistakes. Portugues and german were much simpler to learn for me^^ Thank you so much:)

I lived in Sao Paulo and in Rio. It was in 2010/2011. Brazilians are wonderful people. I love them/you for the open soul, joyful character, for the smile, for the endless wish to help, etc... And sure, for novelas, that learned me so many good things and made me who I am.  I miss Brazil so much.

Ah, almost forgot the tasty cakes, yammy^^

Which town do you live? 

I know, TBBT is pretty popular in Brazil. It's amazing!

Edited by Frieda Rainstorm
  • Like 1

Welcome fellow Shamy supporter.

Happy postings.

Thank you for the welcoming! 

Hey I just saw you on the Shamy thread but didn't know you were from Brazil. 
I'm Brazilian too. Very nice to meet you. 

Welcome. 

Oi! o/ Nice to find a fellow brazilian here! Specially a Shamy shipper one! hahhahaa

Muito prazer, Mariana. Sou Frederika or Frieda. In Brasil me chamaram de Fre:)

You're right, it's better to write in english. Every other language seems inappropriate on the site like this, and it could be uncomfortable to people, who doesn't speak it. But I wanted you to know, brazilian portugues is one beautiful language, and it's pleasant to hear people speaking it. For you to know, i'm the worst in english, so I'm very sorry for my infinite mistakes. Portugues and german were much simpler to learn for me^^ Thank you so much:)

I lived in Sao Paulo and in Rio. It was in 2010/2011. Brazilians are wonderful people. I love them/you for the open soul, joyful character, for the smile, for the endless wish to help, etc... And sure, for novelas, that learned me so many good things and made me who I am.  I miss Brazil so much.

Ah, almost forgot the tasty cakes, yammy^^

Which town do you live? 

I know, TBBT is pretty popular in Brazil. It's amazing!

Yes, it's definetly a lot more polite to speak in a "common ground" language in an open forum. Nevertheless, I feel so glad to read such nice words coming from someone who visited my country! <3 Thank you very much for that, I highly aprecciate it - is always good to know my home land made you feel welcomed! We still have so much to do in our country in order to make it better for everyone living in it, but it doesn't take away the pleasure to hear that we, as brazilian people, made you enjoy your stay here. 

And, must say: I agree that we have a beautiful language to listen! ♥ 

Wow, so you speak english, german and portuguese as well? That's so nice, congratulations on that! Is any one of those your native language? I know a few things in german, but it's been more than six years since I stopped taking classes and I'm afraid I'm a little bit rusty on that one. Plan to go back to it after I finish my French studies (still a language that I'm pretty much a toddler trying to speak hahaha). 

I actually live in São Paulo! I love my city so much, even with all the problems! They say that we, "paulistas", have a real connection with our town and city and it's true. From what I heard around, it's like new yorkers trying to defend New York haha They're both super large cities, so I guess the comparision makes some sense. 

Did you have brigadeiro while staying here? Hope you did! It's a type of chocolate fudge that only exists here and it's SO delicious. It's my favorite food ever to cook. I call it "remedy for the soul" hahaha 

Edited by QuirksAndAll
  • Like 1

Oh yes, I had a brigadeiro, more than once, hahaha. I loved the most... damn, I don't remember the name of that cake :sclerosis: , but it's somehing with milk, it is almost fully a beige creme. Well, there are a lot of tasty things. But meat, bc I don't eat it. And I loove feijao, yammi!

I loved the both cities a lot, but I heard that paulistas don't like cariocas and the opposite. Don't understand it, but it happens in other countries too -- where two greatest cities fight with each other. It's hilarious, lol.

I lived on Avenida Higienopolis. 

You speak english so well. It's amazing. People need this language everywhere. I know what you mean. One language needs to be learned every day, but don't need to learn precisely, but listen to the music, reading etc. It's very exciting, to learn foreign languages, isn't it? ^^

Thank you very much! Oh, not exactly, my native language is russian/ukrainian.

It's a pity, we didn't know each other at the time :girlsigh:

Ah! Bolo de leite!  :girldance:

Welcome to the site. Its so awesome that you're from brazil, now I have someone to talk to about that place. Went there last year, and I found out a few things that you would nearly not find on the internet. For instance, where do all the brazilian girls go in the day time. Didn't really notice it until it was pointed out to me. Also, the feel of walking the streets of brazil is highly similar to the philippines, only the streets of brazil are a lot more cleaner than the streets of the philippines. Also, curiously olive oil is like ketchup there, its an interesting local culture. Is Spanish related to portugese, or they just know spanish there?

Anyway, welcome again to the Forums. Visit the chat sometimes, there are a lot of conversations and/or speculations about anything in the show. I think you would like those chats. Plus you'll find a lot of interesting things that you can't know just by watching every episode.