The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.16 'the Table Polarization' (February 27)

Your Episode Rating  

91 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I agree, it was hilarious how Penny and Amy controlled their men, Leonard needs to cut umbilical cord form Sheldon, annoying he lets Sheldon get away with childish behavior.  Disappointed that Leonard did not defend Penny when Sheldon made fun of her and she asked Leonard if he is was going to let Sheldon talk to her that way.  Leonard must realize the woman in his life comes first.

If Leonard must side with Penny, then Penny has been laying down on the job when it comes to siding with Leonard most of Season 7.  Even when Leonard was in the right Penny sided with Sheldon on more than one occasion against Leonard.  At one point it looked like P/S was ganging up on Leonard at every turn.  

Penny reaction at the end of this episode really bother me as she was the one going on and on about standing up to Sheldon and how Leonard should be on her side.  When Leonard needed Penny to be on his side Penny once again chose someone else, in this case it was Bernie and then Sheldon.  Penny can't have it both ways, Leonard must put her first, then Penny must put Leonard first -- not Sheldon before Leonard, and not Amy and Bernie before Leonard.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 2

OK episode, a filler I think,

I actually liked the glass table better, they should have bought that one. 

Leonard is too nice, he needs to start standing up to both Sheldon and Penny.  

• Like 2

Was it just me or was penny outfit she wore while shopping was just odd and/or bizarre?

Was it just me or was penny outfit she wore while shopping was just odd and/or bizarre?

it was a jumper with jeans.............what bizzare about that? LMAO 

I didn't find it odd or bizarre.  It looked pretty everyday wear to me.  :unknw:   What in particular did you find odd about it?

I wonder, I remember Sheldon being characterized before as someone who can't lie convincingly. When has this cunning characterization of his actually exposed? Seems he can deceive others effectively now, but I might be wrong.

He can't keep someone else's secret. He also has trouble not explaining something he knows even when no one wants to know.  "What he can't do is shut up." In other words he has a compulsion to explain things.

He can lie if it suits his own purpose.

Edited by djsurrey

After watching this episode a couple of times I have really come to see it as one the better episodes of the season.  It seems to get funnier every time I watch it.

• Like 3

I thought this episode was hilarious; I love how Bernardette and Raj interacted, we barely see them talking together lately. The wand remote was a funny catalyst for humor in that scene. Of course , being a Shamy shipper, I was disappointed that they didn't expand more on the kiss; The kiss was such a huge milestone for Shamy and except for Penny's comment about it,  there was no more mention of it. 

• Like 2

I thought this episode was hilarious; I love how Bernardette and Raj interacted, we barely see them talking together lately. The wand remote was a funny catalyst for humor in that scene. Of course , being a Shamy shipper, I was disappointed that they didn't expand more on the kiss; The kiss was such a huge milestone for Shamy and except for Penny's comment about it,  there was no more mention of it. 

I too was a little disappointed that they didn't expand more on the kiss but I wasn't expecting much. I loved Penny's comment about it and Sheldon's "she told you" expression. I want Sheldon and Amy to talk about it, but they are probably both too shy to bring it up themselves. I'm sure it will be brought up in the distant future. :)

• Like 1

I too was a little disappointed that they didn't expand more on the kiss but I wasn't expecting much. I loved Penny's comment about it and Sheldon's "she told you" expression. I want Sheldon and Amy to talk about it, but they are probably both too shy to bring it up themselves. I'm sure it will be brought up in the distant future. :)

Yes they really should talk about it!!!!!!! I can imagine Sheldon going like "ummmm Amy there is something I want to talk to you about" and not looking straight in her eyes.

• Like 1

Yes they really should talk about it!!!!!!! I can imagine Sheldon going like "ummmm Amy there is something I want to talk to you about" and not looking straight in her eyes.

I would have loved that but again the writers are sweeping it under the rug :(  I guess the will address it towards the season finale but Shamy really needs to sit down and talk because Amy pressuring Sheldon for sex is starting to get old IMO, I mean don't get me wrong, I laugh when they joke about it but if they drag it for too long it will start to get a bit pathetic.

Then again sometimes it is better not to talk about these things.

When it comes to Sheldon a little more mystery would be better I think.

As my Dad once said "sometimes it is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, rather than to open it and remove all doubt."

so they were some "small lies for all of them"

it was great howard wanted to go into space

until he had to go through survival training.

did amy sign RA?

and no more table, sheldon wins again.

it just seems like a very childish outfit to me, not something a mature women would wear 

it was a jumper with jeans.............what bizzare about that? LMAO 

Sheldon has several thousand updates to install?

Surely support for Win 98 had been withdrawn, long before then?

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Watching this again and really seeing what a stupid and forced one this was. Doesn't Sheldon have an IQ of 187 and the master of manipulation himself.

He comes over to break up with her out of the blue and she says she's moved on? And Sheldon didn't catch that? Really?

Upon seeing it again, I see just how utterly stupid it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched this episode (I know I Was really busy in 2013-2014 LOL). I find it hilrous Sheldon IQ, yet everyoe was manipulating him. IF he is so smart how could he not see that? Long running gag though Amy manipulating Sheldon, to get what she wants. I actually loved the episode though. I love how close the group is, and it showed. Although Sheldon won in the end, it brought them closer. I loved Lenny in this. Actually I loved Lenny all season. They were the highlight of Season 7 their relationship. I Really enjoyed, how LEonard supported Penny. PEople argued he wasen't when he was telling her she can't be succesful. But look at her now, spoiler alert :D. I Think LEonard telling her what she diddn't want to hear, helped her in the long run. Opposed to Sheldons dreamers comment, because he has no emotional investment in her. The Check Light The Friendship Turblance ep was truth of this. Sheldon is like my game night is more important. IF Penny was like Sheldon shoudl I Shoot myself in the face, Sheldon would agree, hes like a dog lol. People always complain nabout Sheldon treating Leonard, Penny, Howard like crap. But its a comedy, the whole point of the show is how these people deal with this crazy person. Oh LEonard diddnt defend Penny, who cares lol. I mean its a comedy. Overthinking things. When he was like well your kinda fancy, I laughed. I tend to not take this show so seriousley. 

Edited by 3ku11