The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.16 'the Table Polarization' (February 27)

Your Episode Rating  

91 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Promo for 7.16 The Table Polarization:

"Where do I sign?......Why yes, I would like to take a survey"  says, cool as a cucumber Amy.  :laugh:

I love that line, classic Amy emerges !!

• Like 1

My feels. I just can't do it anymore...

HE SAID HIS IS MORE AFFECTIONATE AND OPEN MINDED! AND AMY STANDING BY THE DOOR!!

mushroom cloud currently over London from EXPLOSION OF MY FEELS.

• Like 8

I love the look from Lenny when he tells them he is going to end it with Amy.

Both have a look "what??"  but each in their own way :D

• Like 3

What kind of song is played in the beginning? To me it sounds like some kind of wedding march :p I have definitaly heard it before

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 2

Hey guys.  I'm unspoiled, but I saw the promo last night.  I was expecting them to break them up at some point (for the drama), but didn't expect it this soon.  Very curious on how this episode is going to play out.

Edited by BazingaFan
  • Like 1

Hey guys.  I'm unspoiled, but I saw the promo last night.  I was expecting them to break them up at some point (for the drama), but didn't expect it this soon.  Very curious on how this episode is going to play out.

Wow I have respect for ppl who can stay unspoiled.

You're in for a good episode.

• Like 2

Thanks Chainy.  I was really surprised when I saw the promo, because I do read mayim's blog on fb, and one of her posts made it sound like it would be a while before any shamy developments happened after the amazing SIK.  But, here we go with some drama right after the fact.  I'm excited, in a way, because if Sheldon is getting this uncomfortable (and it's to be expected) then big things must be down the road (in my opinion).  Can't wait to see what happens (I've really love being unspoiled too).

• Like 3

Only Sheldon would have a survey at the end of an agreement...

I am going to get myself in trouble with all the Sheldon fans. But I put people on my INGORE LIST for a lot less than even the simplest of Sheldon Wacko stunts. He drives me crazy.  

As for the Shamy Break up. I wish the writer would finally let Raj all the way out of the closet. Then hook Raj and Amy up as a Platonic couple so Amy is still sexually frustrated.

I am going to get myself in trouble with all the Sheldon fans. But I put people on my INGORE LIST for a lot less than even the simplest of Sheldon Wacko stunts. He drives me crazy.  

As for the Shamy Break up. I wish the writer would finally let Raj all the way out of the closet. Then hook Raj and Amy up as a Platonic couple so Amy is still sexually frustrated.

Is it me or does this post make no sense at all?

• Like 1

Yeah, Fruit Loops' post doesn't make much sense, though I guess the gist is that FL doesn't like Sheldon??  And wants Raj to be gay and hooked up with Amy so that neither of them will be satisfied?

That don't make no dang sense, for the characters, for the show, for the storytelling.  So I guess it's a good thing that Fruit Loops isn't on the writing staff.

• Like 5

It will be interesting what the writers will do with a single Sheldon, looks like he will become more dependent on Lenny, which gets annoying, Darth Sidius has finally landed at the apartment.  Hopefully Lenny will help Shamy get together again. 

Is it me or does this post make no sense at all?

It makes perfect sense. Sheldon drives him crazy, and he thinks Amy should be done with him, and opt instead to throw herself at a gay Raj so we still get the amusement of seeing her sexually frustrated.

I understand perfectly well what he's saying, I just find myself disagreeing with about every word of it.

• Like 5

It makes perfect sense. Sheldon drives him crazy, and he thinks Amy should be done with him, and opt instead to throw herself at a gay Raj so we still get the amusement of seeing her sexually frustrated.

I understand perfectly well what he's saying, I just find myself disagreeing with about every word of it.

^^ That.

p.s. I still haven't watched the promo. I can't believe it give me some tables to turn!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Personally I'm torn on this a part of me is excited by the possible idea of seeing Amy go out with another guy just to make Sheldon super jealous later which is usually pretty funny, but overall I'd still much rather them not break up at all just because to me this sort of a "break up" is just another cliche stalling tactic from the writers room.  Whenever a couple starts to get closer to their sitcom version of a "fairytale ending" like with that romantic Disney Kiss they had in the last episode, writers have to do something silly like break them up in order to delay the happy ending from actually occurring.  They were never going to allow Sheldon to just kiss Amy like that and then be totally okay with it.  He has to take two or three steps backwards so they can drag this thing out longer.  I mean I think its a little bit ridiculous, they've been together three seasons its not like he can suddenly be okay with the big change of NOT being with Amy anymore either.  It doesn't really make sense when you think about it.  Not being with her anymore would be such a big change for Sheldon after three years, an even bigger change in a way then him still being with her  just in a slightly more romantic passionate even physical type way.  I mean either way if he breaks up with her if he didn't break up it be a CHANGE for him regardless at this point, because he can't just go back to the way things were before no matter what he does.  Its not improbable, its just truly IMPOSSIBLE.  He's gone through the rabbit hole so to speak already with her for three long years, so there is no going back to not knowing her.  His life is already forever changed from the day they met.

I think it be a lot nicer if they don't break up completely at all at the end of this episode, but just use this as a teaching lesson for Sheldon and for any person who think that change is always a bad thing.  WELL ITS NOT!  Sheldon's old selfish robotic personality is not like some super special sacred perfect thing that has to be protected at all costs, or the show will suck, that is nonsense in my opinion.   Any change away from the way he use to behave some fans seems to act like its destroying the show and is making everything worse by saying that its okay for a selfish arrogant nerd who prefers playing video games, laundry nights and has no sexual thoughts to finally have a meaningful relationship with another human being.  I mean seriously? I'll just never buy into that argument.

What people seem to forget is expecting anyone to NEVER change is like expecting a baby to stay a baby forever or a child to stay a child or for a person to stay young forever, eventually the next stage comes in life it always does no matter who you are you either start to change in life or DIE!  There are NO other options!!  That means you either change with the times or stop existing all together and in TV land that means getting CANCELLED!!  They will continue to change Sheldon over time to keep the show interesting and bring in new viewers and keep old viewers from getting too bored watching them repeat the same Sheldon behavior and same jokes over and over every single week for seven straight seasons on into the future.  They have to keep changing the characters to keep the show ALIVE without change in this world we all DIE and even that is a change death is still a change, but not a particually good one for such a popular TV show that employs a lot of people.  Everything dies including TV shows eventually, but they die faster when everything becomes too stale, predictable and boring and never changes, which this show has not done only by continuing to slowly and carefully change each and every one of them and add new layers to their personality good and bad.  Besides Sheldon hasn't even changed all that much anyway, he's still a selfish, arrogant nerd who prefers playing video games, laundry nights and has very few sexual thoughts, he is just doing all of that along with having a meaningful relationship with another human being and that is really the only real difference.  He is still Sheldon and he always will be even with the changes.

Sheldon going through this fearful process and NOT breaking up with Amy would show he really has finally matured enough to deal with his fears of change in a more productive way.  He is not the same Sheldon he use to be and he can never go back no matter how much he may try.  It only hurts the show in the long run to have him keep going backwards and it would make all the work they've done in the last three seasons putting them together and keeping them together a big fat waste of time.  They aren't just about to ruin a good thing permanently, they only want to hold off the "happy" ending for as long as possible so this break up thing would be just another pit stop within the SHAMY journey.  A way to slow things down again after reaching a big relationship milestone and to try to milk more out of it later on and into future seasons.  Its done all time on other sitcoms like Friends to Roseanne etc.   They have done the same thing to Leonard and Penny over and over.  Its actually kind of annoying because we all know they will just get back together later episode and the break up is just stalling the storyline.  So the people who don't like SHAMY will still have to watch them pine for each other while apart leaving less time for nerdy funny behavior until they inevitably reunite which only adds more relationship drama not less and those of us who love them will just have to wait patiently and watch them act silly or worse mean to each other until they come to their senses and reunite so its just a lot of time wasting whichever side of the fence you happen to be on.

We'll all just be sitting around waiting until the inevitable make-up scene which would only be done justice if it results in another wonderful life changing SHAMY relationship moment that moves them further along.  And it won't result in a permanent break up because I mean please they didn't spend three years together for nothing,they will be endgame especially after that kiss.  They will reunite so why go through the motions its just stalling.  But if we must, we must.  I guess.

I just hope that when they do reunite its not just by doing something physical like reaching second base or sex or anything like that, but I'd much rather see SHAMY building a new relationship contract together one that isn't only Sheldon created, but created by them as a team with both parties contributing to it equally or perhaps Sheldon finally introducing Amy to his Mee'maw as a final stepping stone to eventually proposing marriage or finally letting her move in with him.  Those are the kind of meaningful milestones they need to be making not only the physical ones like the kiss, but actually make their relationship more caring, considerate one towards each other in general.  Amy needs to be able to find ways to get what she deserves out of Sheldon without manipulating him into it and Sheldon needs to find ways to maintain his love for science and all things geeky without insulting Amy's love for biology or ignoring her desires for romance just because its new to him.  But all of that relationship stuff is still totally achievable without a full break up.  LENNY just went through this where they almost could have broken up after Penny's drunken proposal and Leonard's refusal, but they didn't so why not have SHAMY do the same.  He can just want to break up with her at first and then change his mind and realize its not necessary to go through with it completely.   Penny has done that before too its almost like Sheldon just copies whatever Penny does in her relationship with Leonard anyway.  I mean its almost like they are his parental model for "couples" behavior or something its weird.  He is just being a copycat like how he held Amy's hand because the other couples were doing it too, but later at the movies when Penny wasn't holding hands with Leonard and Amy still wanted him to hold her hand, Sheldon didn't understand why they had to do it since Penny wasn't making Leonard do it.   

So i guess now its SHAMY's turn for doing the old cliche break up nonsense that most traditional sitcom couples go through and sure we can spend a few episodes watching them trying to be single again and missing each other a lot and seeing Amy try to enjoy going out with Burt or Stuart or Zack or the girls again while Sheldon stays at home building another Lego Death Star or watching Star Wars again for the millionth time crying into a cup of hot tea because he realizes now that Amy looks so much like Carrie Fisher/Princess Leia  or that his Lego Death Star is starting to get rebuilt into the shape of Amy's dandruff flakes or whatever.  Just wake me up when they get to the sexy fun making up part cause that is the only truly interesting part of the whole cheesy break up scenario and I have no doubt they will get back together its just a matter of how long will it take.  If writers are smart they will wrap it up all in this one episode so we can move on to more interesting things like SHAMY's first trip to COMIC CON together with Wil Wheaton and James Earl Jones or going to visit the Cern Super Collider in Switzerland cause I'd much rather see them celebrating their geekiness or love for science together then doing the cliche break up thing just for sake of it. 

But if it makes Sheldon change his selfish ways even more and realize once again that he is wrong and Amy is right and that he needs her in his life and can't live without her and yada yada yada then fine go ahead Sheldon dump her and go buy another 30 or so cats again if that is what it takes, but you'll be sorry LOL
Edited by Superlovelexi

I just watched the promo(finally). Dare I say it's one of the best?? I love that they included the kiss. One can never watch it enough!!! Based on what Mayim wrote and Moralo said in that interview I didn't expect such a quick follow up.

Hahaha there is a survey!!!!! Lol!!! Amy's and Sheldon's faces at that moment -----> priceless!!!!! Did he say Amy made him a more loving and affectionate person(lol I literally JUST watched it and forgot if these are the actuall words :p but I am on my phone can't check it now). But it was a really sweet thing to say even if he was freaking out <3

eta: ok it's affectionate and open minded...still pretty sweet!!!!

Edited by Cecilia

I just watched the promo(finally). Dare I say it's one of the best?? I love that they included the kiss. One can never watch it enough!!! Based on what Mayim wrote and Moralo said in that interview I didn't expect such a quick follow up.

Hahaha there is a survey!!!!! Lol!!! Amy's and Sheldon's faces at that moment -----> priceless!!!!! Did he say Amy made him a more loving and affectionate person(lol I literally JUST watched it and forgot if these are the actuall words :p but I am on my phone can't check it now). But it was a really sweet thing to say even if he was freaking out <3

He says Amy made him a more affectionate and open minded person.

Open minded to what? Romance? Physical activity?

Edited by Chiany

He says amy made him an affectionate and open minded person.

Open minded to what? Romance? Physical activity?

Thanks!!!!!!

I think he means in general but I really cannot say without watching the whole episode. For once I think the kiss covers both affectionate and open minded :p:)