The Shamy - Season 7 Positivity Thread

denajeanx

I know but if she hadn´t told him, he wouldn´t have noticed it, or at least not immediately or maybe when it´d have been too late.

You are right, it was a beautiful episode, as far as I can remember, it was the first time Sheldon realized that he has tender feelings for her.

The way he acted with his fingers, was like he was caressing an invisible Amy. I might be leaning myself too much forward, but I think this were the first signs of falling in love with her.

Or when do you think when he fall in love with Amy?

I think her using her neuro-bio knowledge to help him overcome some of his issues, and with his consent (or at least knowledge) is one thing. Her using her knowledge to manipulate him in a relationship is quite another, and not one that would sit well with her ethically, I would think. I think she wants and needs to know his true feelings for her, not manipulated ones.

• Like 2

Well yeah, I mean how easy would it have been for Amy to tell Sheldon that kissing is a non-optional social convention? And that's just an example, haha. But I think, like yall said, it wouldn't sit well for her ethically, but also I think she wants these things to come from an honest place. She wants Sheldon to do them because he feels them/wants to do them. That's what I think, anyway.

BTW, welcome Shamyyy^-^ :)

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1

I know but if she hadn´t told him, he wouldn´t have noticed it, or at least not immediately or maybe when it´d have been too late.

You are right, it was a beautiful episode, as far as I can remember, it was the first time Sheldon realized that he has tender feelings for her.

The way he acted with his fingers, was like he was caressing an invisible Amy. I might be leaning myself too much forward, but I think this were the first signs of falling in love with her.

Or when do you think when he fall in love with Amy?

totally agree with you! it was so...touching

Okay here is my positivity rant for the day. I was totally thinking about everything as I was trying to sleep last night and I was honestly excited to where it was hard to sleep.

So....it all started with me thinking about how awesome the Proton episode is going to be tomorrow. Now, I'm sure we can all agree that this is no "filler" episode by any  means. It touches on significant subjects such as Penny and Leonard's relationship as well as Sheldon and change. I've been reading a lot that people are skeptical that the writers have no plan regarding next season because of how inconsistent the finale was with everything that has been shown this season. I think people are over reacting to this because from the evidence given, the writers DO have a plan and the Proton episode clearly illustrates that. The episode was taped February 11. Now while this was mainly due to the really neat special effects that had to be applied, where it is placed in the airing schedule means that the writers have had the "Sheldon dealing with change" storyline planned out for a long time and how they wanted to deal with it.

I have also read that people are afraid that the writers won't commit to this potential change for Sheldon when he return from his trip. I don't worry about this at all and I don' think it's an issue and I'll use the Locomotive Manipulation as an example. I view that episode as a major turning point for Sheldon (for obvious reasons) and the start, so to speak, of this whole change arc they are creating for him. What stands out most to me, however, is that the tag scene was re-shot to one where I think we can all agree that Sheldon was excited about this new change in his relationship with Amy. Now why was it re-shot in the first place and why to that specifically? I always come back to this point in my head ever since I heard about it. There was obviously an executive decision in the writer's room that prompted them to say "hey, this new scene is something we feel is important enough to scratch an entirely shot scene because we have a  clear message we want to send to the audience." This along with the following taped episodes (Table, Proton, etc) deal directly with the aspect of change in Sheldon's life and if that's not a commitment I don't know what is.

All that rambling aside, I think the biggest problem people have is that people think that Sheldon will come home and return to the way he always had been and Amy will accept him and not make him face any consequences. Now I can't speak for Amy because I don't know how the writers will write her to react, but I'm almost certain we will see a shift in Sheldon early next season and it will certainly shift his and Amy's relationship in I believe a positive way. The major scenes during this change arc (in my opinion psychic/proton) are all about having Sheldon SHOW people in his life that he cares about them. I believe that the writers acknowledge that he does care about everyone in his life and that he just needs to vocalize it more. I mean why else would the writers put those messages in there if they have no intention of carrying them out at some point. 

I guess my overall point to this is that the stage has been set for a brand new Sheldon (in the emotional sense) to emerge.The writers have acknowledged there needs to be change in Sheldon by their decisions, created a medium for this change to occur (a la the finale) and the final part is to show the audience the resulting change and to have Sheldon SHOW others how things have changed and that he cares about them. This can only be a positive thing at least in my mind. The only bad part is that we have to wait until next season to see it all unfold. And I find that a brilliant marketing decision on behalf of the writers.

So all I can say is that cheer up Shamy fans. All we have to do is get through a couple months of agony but ones that will also be filled with clues to how things will potentially play out. The writer's know how things are going to go down once Sheldon gets back. You can't create a cliffhanger without the full picture. Whether or not they pull the trigger on what they want to happen I think depends on the general public's reaction to the finale. But to be honest, i only see things going up from here!  :dancer:

I'm really glad they re-shot the tag scene in Locomotive. It was much better than the previous one, and it gave me the clear message that Sheldon enjoyed Amy's lips and wanted to tell Leonard about it. They even specifically interviewed Jim Parsons about the kiss. 

• Like 3

Well yeah, I mean how easy would it have been for Amy to tell Sheldon that kissing is a non-optional social convention? And that's just an example, haha. But I think, like yall said, it wouldn't sit well for her ethically, but also I think she wants these things to come from an honest place. She wants Sheldon to do them because he feels them/wants to do them. That's what I think, anyway.

BTW, welcome Shamyyy^-^ :)

thank you! :-)

• Like 1

I'm really glad they re-shot the tag scene in Locomotive. It was much better than the previous one, and it gave me the clear message that Sheldon enjoyed Amy's lips and wanted to tell Leonard about it. They even specifically interviewed Jim Parsons about the kiss. 

I just re-read the taping report and saw the other tags they taped.  The one they showed was obviously the best choice because of this ^^.  And I love Sheldon's last line about the nine-fingured guitar playing conductor.

• Like 1

I think her using her neuro-bio knowledge to help him overcome some of his issues, and with his consent (or at least knowledge) is one thing. Her using her knowledge to manipulate him in a relationship is quite another, and not one that would sit well with her ethically, I would think. I think she wants and needs to know his true feelings for her, not manipulated ones.

I was not talking about manipulating him. Amy would never manipulate him, she loves him and as you said want him to have true feelings for her, which I think he has. She is just trying to change his mind about certain things and he already changed in some way. But she also knows that she has to trick sometimes to make things happen like their romantic train trip, remember how he reacted when he heard she wanted to do this trip with him, because she wanted to have a romantic weekend with him.

Okay here is my positivity rant for the day. I was totally thinking about everything as I was trying to sleep last night and I was honestly excited to where it was hard to sleep.

So....it all started with me thinking about how awesome the Proton episode is going to be tomorrow. Now, I'm sure we can all agree that this is no "filler" episode by any  means. It touches on significant subjects such as Penny and Leonard's relationship as well as Sheldon and change. I've been reading a lot that people are skeptical that the writers have no plan regarding next season because of how inconsistent the finale was with everything that has been shown this season. I think people are over reacting to this because from the evidence given, the writers DO have a plan and the Proton episode clearly illustrates that. The episode was taped February 11. Now while this was mainly due to the really neat special effects that had to be applied, where it is placed in the airing schedule means that the writers have had the "Sheldon dealing with change" storyline planned out for a long time and how they wanted to deal with it.

I have also read that people are afraid that the writers won't commit to this potential change for Sheldon when he return from his trip. I don't worry about this at all and I don' think it's an issue and I'll use the Locomotive Manipulation as an example. I view that episode as a major turning point for Sheldon (for obvious reasons) and the start, so to speak, of this whole change arc they are creating for him. What stands out most to me, however, is that the tag scene was re-shot to one where I think we can all agree that Sheldon was excited about this new change in his relationship with Amy. Now why was it re-shot in the first place and why to that specifically? I always come back to this point in my head ever since I heard about it. There was obviously an executive decision in the writer's room that prompted them to say "hey, this new scene is something we feel is important enough to scratch an entirely shot scene because we have a  clear message we want to send to the audience." This along with the following taped episodes (Table, Proton, etc) deal directly with the aspect of change in Sheldon's life and if that's not a commitment I don't know what is.

All that rambling aside, I think the biggest problem people have is that people think that Sheldon will come home and return to the way he always had been and Amy will accept him and not make him face any consequences. Now I can't speak for Amy because I don't know how the writers will write her to react, but I'm almost certain we will see a shift in Sheldon early next season and it will certainly shift his and Amy's relationship in I believe a positive way. The major scenes during this change arc (in my opinion psychic/proton) are all about having Sheldon SHOW people in his life that he cares about them. I believe that the writers acknowledge that he does care about everyone in his life and that he just needs to vocalize it more. I mean why else would the writers put those messages in there if they have no intention of carrying them out at some point. 

I guess my overall point to this is that the stage has been set for a brand new Sheldon (in the emotional sense) to emerge.The writers have acknowledged there needs to be change in Sheldon by their decisions, created a medium for this change to occur (a la the finale) and the final part is to show the audience the resulting change and to have Sheldon SHOW others how things have changed and that he cares about them. This can only be a positive thing at least in my mind. The only bad part is that we have to wait until next season to see it all unfold. And I find that a brilliant marketing decision on behalf of the writers.

So all I can say is that cheer up Shamy fans. All we have to do is get through a couple months of agony but ones that will also be filled with clues to how things will potentially play out. The writer's know how things are going to go down once Sheldon gets back. You can't create a cliffhanger without the full picture. Whether or not they pull the trigger on what they want to happen I think depends on the general public's reaction to the finale. But to be honest, i only see things going up from here!  :dancer:

I agree with you, we should be positive about Shamy. And I have to say, that Sheldon has changed already, not in every aspect, but he changed positively.I think Sheldon has shown several times that he cares about his friends now more than in former seasons. He asked Howard how his double date was and tried to cheer him up (which was so sweet!), he gave Raj an advice, he embraced Leonard., he initiated a kiss with Amy, he apologizes. If I think back to former seasons he has never been interested to hear the problems of other people, so he tried to change the subject of the conversation, he never or at least rarely touched other people. So I think for a guy like him, these are huge developments. He will never change to completely other person, but I think that he will be able to have a happy relationship with Amy, based on mutual love and respect with quirks and all. Sheldon doesn´t want to loose Amy and he knows that he has to give him into this relationship. I don´t know how he will make it, but I´m sure he will try, because deep inside his heart he knows that Amy is worth it.

• Like 9

SIK 1.0 video has already had over 3.5 million views and it is the most popular video of their account, I wonder why they don't put SIK 2.0 on youtube as well.

Edited by Jiab Pattira
  • Like 4

but in fact  will be so, the authors want that Sheldon becomes a best person, the problem is that he doesn't accept the changes in his life, and he doesn't want to recognize his big love for Amy, for that I believe will be beautiful to see how the authors have thought about developing the season 8. To escape is not a solution and Sheldon will understand it  if Amy stops having patience, because he will know for the first time that amy can go away also

• Like 2

but in fact  will be so, the authors want that Sheldon becomes a best person, the problem is that he doesn't accept the changes in his life, and he doesn't want to recognize his big love for Amy, for that I believe will be beautiful to see how the authors have thought about developing the season 8. To escape is not a solution and Sheldon will understand it  if Amy stops having patience, because he will know for the first time that amy can go away also

Sheldon had to leave, because he felt like everything falls apart in his life. He has never experienced it before, so it freaked him out. He has to think things through, before he will be able to continue. He has to learn to accept changes and to overcome negative experiences. I would like to see Amy ignoring him in the first few episodes, I don´t want her to swallow everything Sheldon does. Sheldon has to fight for her, showing how much he wants this relationship.

Rachel, I read chapter 9 and it makes me sad, I hope it doesn´t lead where I think it leads to.

But I am happy, that Amy is going her way!

Totally agree!  Very well said!

• Like 1

BBTGUY...appreciate your positivity rant for the day!

Also, have to ask...is your avatar Sheldon as Scumbag Steve? ha, ha, ha, ha!

lol yes it is! it also semi-fulfills a wish I have for Sheldon to attempt to dress "street" in an episode. I would love for him to try and act gangsta for the Halloween episode or something.

• Like 2

lol yes it is! it also semi-fulfills a wish I have for Sheldon to attempt to dress "street" in an episode. I would love for him to try and act gangsta for the Halloween episode or something.

Yeah...he and Amy be out droppin' science, son! :p

• Like 6

It´s a possibilty, but I think the apartment is not locked when the boys are at home, because I have seen Penny entering the apartment often without knocking as well.

Penny HAS 4A key as the boys have her key. It is showed since season 2 in several episodes. In 6 x13 the girls entered the boys apartment with Penny´s key.

Nah.  I was working on my resume last Thursday and Friday, ran errands on Saturday and spent Sunday reading fan fic.

I just hoped you'd appreciate me for quoting Leonard from episode 4x5 ;-) Happy to read about your achievements, though!

Yeah...he and Amy be out droppin' science, son! :p

That would make an incredible web series. Better than Fun With Flags. Amy and Sheldon could try and pick up where PP's series left off, but use modern slang in an effort to relate to the current generation of kids.

Amy: "We hope y'all had nice time gettin' crunk with science! Dr. Fowler and Dr. Cooper, over and out!"

Sheldon: "Live long and prosper--I mean, peace out science homies!"

PLEASE, WRITERS.

• Like 6