The Shamy - Season 7 Positivity Thread

denajeanx

Episode 7.5

"We're in a physical relationship too, hand-holding, hugging...."

Episode 7.22

"If we were in a physical relationship, you just lost sex tonight!"

Interesting change in definition...Hmmm, something on your mind there, Shelly? ;)

Omg I didn't realize that before. Interesting indeed!!! Maybe the school girl outfit had something to do with that lol :p

• Like 6

I will have to disagree with that. I certainly cannot speak for everyone but I doubt that the majority wants Amy to dump him or even more take revenge. I just think that "dumping" him and having second thoughts about the relationship are two totally different things. I mean Amy it's just human and IMO it's bad for the character when she is depicted as a saint. And I don't doubt her love but I just think it's illogical for Amy to not have trust issues. Personally I think Amy breaking up with him or staying at the relationship are two scenarios that could work wonderfully without taking anything from Shamy or making them conventional. It's all about handling things correctly and that is something the writers can absolutely do. I guess what some people feel is that Amy needs her share on growing up and I cannot see that happening if she puts on a smile,says that she totally gets him and go on just like that. Even if they talk on the phone three times a day or more at least at first Amy got hurt and that's pretty obvious I think it's only healthy to rethink some things. And as far as I am concerned I don't really care about Sheldon. I mean he will grow everything is happening for him he will be fine. He will understand how important Amy is to him. But that doesn't even mean they should break up or Amy seeking revenge. She was the one who told him they shouldn't do that on Raiders anyway. But all that being solved with a conversation and Amy being fine and not even have in the back of her head that he might wake up the wrong way and just leave seemes a bit rushed to me. What I expect is to see acts on Sheldon's behalf not words. And it can perfectly happen while they are still together but somehow I would be disappointed to see Amy acting like an angel and having blind faith that it will work out. I mean currently that he even kisses her and she expressed that she wishes he would be closer to her I just cannot imagine how she would be good after that without even a moment of soul searching.

Anyway what I do know is that Shamy will be fine eventually and one way or another they will reach a point where their relationship will be balanced again.

I absolutely agree. I know that amy is not vengeful, and I know that she loves sheldon. But the escape of Sheldon is a big thing this time, a talk it won't be enough for resolving everything. I believe that a lot of part of the season 8 will serve for making to understand to Sheldon that he feels indeed, Amy now needs confirmations!
  • Like 1

I don't understand how Sheldon running away would make Amy re-evaluate their relationship at all, especially considering the fact that he called her just after he left...

Amy knows Sheldon. She knows how little changes affect him, so she understands how big changes are major emotional upheavals for him, let alone several big changes at once.

Amy knows he needs time to think, to calm down, and has certainly noticed the same signs as we did concerning his obvious "passionate" reactions towards a possible progress in their relationship; he wouldn't have reacted that way if he didn't have strong feelings for her.

She doesn't need to be a saint to wait for him and be there for him when he comes back, she simply needs not to be stupid, and we all know she isn't...

All those scenarii involving an angry Amy or an Amy who is fed up with Sheldon after he left completely miss the point and simply don't account for who these characters are, in my humble opinion.

• Like 4

Episode 7.5

Episode 7.22

Interesting change in definition...Hmmm, something on your mind there, Shelly? ;)

In workplace he was showing off to Amy's new colleague, possibly even subtlety warning him off as well

• Like 3

Sheldon running away does affect Amy cause she is in a relationship with him. Plus part of his freak out did happen cause of their relationship and most specifically because she suggested that they could move in together. If Sheldon talked with Amy before he left informing her about his intention - not consulting her or asking her opinion just informing her - then things would be way way different. Exactly because she knows that Sheldon cannot handle change very well it is possible for her to feel insecure. Already he tried to break up with her cause of change and I can only imagine her talking him out of it for so much. A romantic relationship and especially the one shamy have who both are so inexperienced include dramatic changes. And Amy so far has expressed the wish to have a family one day and if that's not a huge change then I don't know what it is. Can Sheldon handle that?? Or is he going to ride trains every once in a while?? Or she should manipulate him into staying every time?? Amy is into the relationship so it is only natural to have thoughts like that.

I think Amy already is bordering that saint state. She is the patient one in the relationship and sometimes it's painfully obvious. It wouldn't be stupid at all to reach a limit who hasn't anyway?? Of course this is very close to personal views cause I personally think that Sheldon leaving just like that wasn't cool and it should have an impact on the relationship. It's perfectly understandable if other people think otherwise.

Now if we are missing the point or not I guess that too is a matter of personal interpretation. Only the writers could give that answer anyway.

Sorry if that's not such a positive comment I just felt I should answer.

• Like 6

Episode 7.5

Episode 7.22

Interesting change in definition...Hmmm, something on your mind there, Shelly?  ;)

Interesting. In 6.14 Penny asked him "Are you saying someday you and Amy might actually get physical?" 

• Like 1

I have to say, this episode was one of the best!

It was emotional, funny, very geeky...particularly as a Star Wars fan (like me) one could enjoy the episode!

Bob Newhart was priceless!! :D

Even the scenes with Leonard and Penny at the funeral touched me.

Luckily, the whole marriage-proposal-thing will be done within the next episode :p

To see Sheldon so emotional troubled was different, but nice.

And Chuck Lorre's vanity card... LOL!

I will have to disagree with that. I certainly cannot speak for everyone but I doubt that the majority wants Amy to dump him or even more take revenge. I just think that "dumping" him and having second thoughts about the relationship are two totally different things. I mean Amy it's just human and IMO it's bad for the character when she is depicted as a saint. And I don't doubt her love but I just think it's illogical for Amy to not have trust issues. Personally I think Amy breaking up with him or staying at the relationship are two scenarios that could work wonderfully without taking anything from Shamy or making them conventional. It's all about handling things correctly and that is something the writers can absolutely do. I guess what some people feel is that Amy needs her share on growing up and I cannot see that happening if she puts on a smile,says that she totally gets him and go on just like that. Even if they talk on the phone three times a day or more at least at first Amy got hurt and that's pretty obvious I think it's only healthy to rethink some things. And as far as I am concerned I don't really care about Sheldon. I mean he will grow everything is happening for him he will be fine. He will understand how important Amy is to him. But that doesn't even mean they should break up or Amy seeking revenge. She was the one who told him they shouldn't do that on Raiders anyway. But all that being solved with a conversation and Amy being fine and not even have in the back of her head that he might wake up the wrong way and just leave seemes a bit rushed to me. What I expect is to see acts on Sheldon's behalf not words. And it can perfectly happen while they are still together but somehow I would be disappointed to see Amy acting like an angel and having blind faith that it will work out. I mean currently that he even kisses her and she expressed that she wishes he would be closer to her I just cannot imagine how she would be good after that without even a moment of soul searching.

Anyway what I do know is that Shamy will be fine eventually and one way or another they will reach a point where their relationship will be balanced again.

Oh, I'm not saying that Amy should just smile and accept everything.  And I never said she is or should be a saint.  I'm saying they definitely need to have a talk at the very least, and I do understand that someone like Amy would have some trust issues after Sheldon just up and left.  All I'm saying is that there seems to be a decent number of people who are rooting for them to break up or for her to give him the cold shoulder, go out with other guys, etc., and I just don't personally think that's the best move in their relationship.  She can be upset with him or hurt, and he can have to be forced to "win her back" by showing her what she means to him.  I just think that they should work through it together without breaking up, using jealousy tactics, etc.  And I'm sorry if I made it seem like the majority of the people here feel like that should happen.  That wasn't what I meant.

• Like 1

Episode 7.5

Episode 7.22

Interesting change in definition...Hmmm, something on your mind there, Shelly?  ;)

I think that something changed after he saw Amy in the school girl uniform.

The way he looked up and down on her several times and swallowed, demonstrates how much her appearance affected him.

Maybe he even dreamt of it. ;)

After mentioning sex, I really think that it is still running through his head.

Just the fact, that he used the word "sex" instead of "coitus" makes me freak out!

Oh Sheldon, I love when you´re talking dirty! ;)

• Like 6

I've been thinking about a scenario for after the dust settles and Sheldon fixes things with Amy (or at least I hope he does):

What if Sheldon goes back to string theory, and happily, not just because the university forces him to? I think it could be used as growth for Sheldon, especially if he acknowledges that because of doing so, a Nobel is out of the question. But also that he doesn't care, because his love for string theory is enough. For so long, he has had his eyes on the prize, and maybe needs to see to that his love for unraveling all there is to know about the universe should be why he studies string thoery, not because of international fame.

He could even still become a Nobel Laureate if it came to that, but maybe as more of a surprise...because instead of chasing glory, he was just doing what he loves to do (I know it's unrealistic, but oh well).

And yes. I used "love" a lot. I would "love" for a realization like this to come after another kind of declaration

• Like 6

I go back and forth for the idea that season 10 will be the end. I still want the show to continue more than 10, maybe 12, I'm not ready for a life without them. However, if the show continues one more season but turns out to be a disaster like season 9 of HIMYM including the finale, I'd prefer it to end as they planned. I want the show to be legendary like FRIENDS which ended in 10 as well. 

• Like 2

Oh, I'm not saying that Amy should just smile and accept everything.  And I never said she is or should be a saint.  I'm saying they definitely need to have a talk at the very least, and I do understand that someone like Amy would have some trust issues after Sheldon just up and left.  All I'm saying is that there seems to be a decent number of people who are rooting for them to break up or for her to give him the cold shoulder, go out with other guys, etc., and I just don't personally think that's the best move in their relationship.  She can be upset with him or hurt, and he can have to be forced to "win her back" by showing her what she means to him.  I just think that they should work through it together without breaking up, using jealousy tactics, etc.  And I'm sorry if I made it seem like the majority of the people here feel like that should happen.  That wasn't what I meant.

I didn't think to "Techniques of jealousy.". however it would be nice if in the next season there was an interested boy to Amy.. an assistant even, as alex for Sheldon, someone with which amy must spend some time for job but that even it begins to court her.. nothing of complicated, however it would be amusing to see how Sheldon reacts, and it would help him to understand what he feels  :prankster:

I didn't think to "Techniques of jealousy.". however it would be nice if in the next season there was an interested boy to Amy.. an assistant even, as alex for Sheldon, someone with which amy must spend some time for job but that even it begins to court her.. nothing of complicated, however it would be amusing to see how Sheldon reacts, and it would help him to understand what he feels  :prankster:

I'm not directly opposed to this persay, but they've kind of already done it with Stuart and then to a lesser extent with Bert from the geology department.  And, really, I would like for Sheldon to come to the conclusion that he loves her and that he needs to show her without having it be because of some other guy "threatening" his relationship with her.

• Like 1

Cecilia, you may not care about Sheldon but there are a lot of people that do. He is doing both himself and everyone around him a favor by leaving for a while.

Amy is an intelligent woman. If she ever feels the need to do what's best for her, even if she needs to take a break from Sheldon, then she will do so.

• Like 3

I don't understand how Sheldon running away would make Amy re-evaluate their relationship at all, especially considering the fact that he called her just after he left...

Amy knows Sheldon. She knows how little changes affect him, so she understands how big changes are major emotional upheavals for him, let alone several big changes at once.

Amy knows he needs time to think, to calm down, and has certainly noticed the same signs as we did concerning his obvious "passionate" reactions towards a possible progress in their relationship; he wouldn't have reacted that way if he didn't have strong feelings for her.

She doesn't need to be a saint to wait for him and be there for him when he comes back, she simply needs not to be stupid, and we all know she isn't...

All those scenarii involving an angry Amy or an Amy who is fed up with Sheldon after he left completely miss the point and simply don't account for who these characters are, in my humble opinion.

THANK YOU! ♡

• Like 2

Cecilia, you may not care about Sheldon but there are a lot of people that do. He is doing both himself and everyone around him a favor by leaving for a while.

Amy is an intelligent woman. If she ever feels the need to do what's best for her, even if she needs to take a break from Sheldon, then she will do so.

Of course I care about Sheldon as a character. I am just not concerned about his character being neglected. All this is happening for him there is no way we won't get a deep insight in his emotions. But that's not the case about Amy. That's what concerns me. Amy is not a real person so she will do whatever that writers want her to do and I am not feeling secure that Amy will get the attention at least I feel she needs. Probably it was a poor choice of words but I thought that the rest of the post could make up for that. Guess I was wrong.

Eta: I am not opposed at all to the fact that Sheldon is doing the right thing he is leaving. I just think that leaving like that without even saying bye was a mistake. I don't know what the writers do but if I was in Amy's or Lenny's place I would be pretty hurt.

Edited by Cecilia
  • Like 4

I just read some articles about TBBT from my country...and they say that the authors likely intend to let an important character die after the seventh season!? Have you heard anything about it? I hope that's not true!!

Of course I care about Sheldon as a character. I am just not concerned about his character being neglected. All this is happening for him there is no way we won't get a deep insight in his emotions. But that's not the case about Amy. That's what concerns me. Amy is not a real person so she will do whatever that writers want her to do and I am not feeling secure that Amy will get the attention at least I feel she needs. Probably it was a poor choice of words but I thought that the rest of the post could make up for that. Guess I was wrong.

Eta: I am not opposed at all to the fact that Sheldon is doing the right thing he is leaving. I just think that leaving like that without even saying bye was a mistake. I don't know what the writers do but if I was in Amy's or Lenny's place I would be pretty hurt.

What would have been worse was If he didn't contact Amy at all and yet he did. Edited by MJistheBOMB
  • Like 1