The Shamy - Season 7 Positivity Thread

denajeanx

What would have been worse was If he didn't contact Amy at all and yet he did.

Correct but that doesn't mean what happened is actually good or bad. And it doesn't mean that Amy couldn't still be hurt by that. Anyway the answer lays on the writer's hands.

• Like 3

I know everyone keeps questioning still "Does Sheldon love Amy?  Is he attracted to her?  Will he ever clear up any of this and act on it to let her know?"  The answer to that is clear, that yes his intent is and continues to be to progress with her.  Guys he was getting there... these past few episodes prove that.  Look at all the progress he's made just since Valentine's day (kissing, the smiling, the footsies, touching her more, relaxing with her more).  Even the slips of the tongue and the physical reactions he has around her in the last 3 or so episodes prove that as well.  The problem is that EVERYTHING else caved in around him all at once.  He was pushing himself and working towards something with Amy, which he was clearly enjoying (at his own pace) then all of a sudden he got slammed with way more than he is equipped to handle at once. 

Once all the other items become clear in his mind again, or once he realizes that he needs help and that it's ok to ask for help - in an adult way, where he takes responsability for his actions as an adult, then things will fall into place again.  Amy knows all of this.  She knows Sheldon better than anyone and as much as his comments probably hurt her deeply, she's not going to walk away.  On a deep level, she knows where this was all coming from for him and she can probably relate to how overwhelming all these things must be for him.

Think positive guys.  No break-ups, no jealousy scenarios will be needed.  He's just going to think, sort out his feelings, and miss her like heck.  I would rather see him come to terms with his emotions that way than have him be pushed into it in some way again.  By coming to terms with his feelings on his own, he'll be comfortable with it and it won't feel forced.

Exactly.  Every time that Sheldon has made a step on his own, he has embraced that step and been comfortable and even happy and/or proud about it.  It's better that he come to those decisions/conclusions himself.  They'll have so much more meaning, and he'll be able to embrace them that way.  We've really gotten SO MUCH out of season 7, but we're easily forgetting all the progress made and the hints thrown because we're more worried about those few words he said to her in a panic and the fact that he left in the finale.  But I still maintain that he wasn't running from HER.  If that were the case, he could have just ended it there, and he certainly would not be calling her.  I agree that Amy isn't going to walk away from him.  This is what I'm trying to say--she loves him, she GETS him, and while people may feel like she needs vindication, I don't see her really feeling that way.  I'm not saying that she can't--or shouldn't--feel sad or upset, just that because of the dynamic these two have, there's no need for the drama of a breakup or jealousy tactics.  To me (just my own opinion), it would cheapen the storyline and what they have together.  I don't think his sabbatical is anything for her to be angry at him for--maybe a bit sad or hurt that he didn't say goodbye, but she knows he needs it.  If anything, I think more of her hurt would stem from his words to her before leaving, but even at that, I think she knows the place they stem from, which is his own freakout and denial of this huge change that he's already contemplating in his own mind.

• Like 3

I just read some articles about TBBT from my country...and they say that the authors likely intend to let an important character die after the seventh season!? Have you heard anything about it? I hope that's not true!!

I think it is about Proton. But may be Sheldon´s grandmother. She never appears phisically, but she is very important for Sheldon, and she was named a lot, in a lot of episodes.( I don´t think the writers allow themselves to kill Sheldon´s mother!) Howard´s mother? Amy´s mother? Leonard´s mother? With Wil, Stuart, Mike or Kripke, I don´t see the meaning of doing that! Plse, where did you read that stuff?

Correct but that doesn't mean what happened is actually good or bad. And it doesn't mean that Amy couldn't still be hurt by that. Anyway the answer lays on the writer's hands.

She was definitely upset after she got off the phone with him. He still called though, that was my point.

Exactly.  Every time that Sheldon has made a step on his own, he has embraced that step and been comfortable and even happy and/or proud about it.  It's better that he come to those decisions/conclusions himself.  They'll have so much more meaning, and he'll be able to embrace them that way.  We've really gotten SO MUCH out of season 7, but we're easily forgetting all the progress made and the hints thrown because we're more worried about those few words he said to her in a panic and the fact that he left in the finale.  But I still maintain that he wasn't running from HER.  If that were the case, he could have just ended it there, and he certainly would not be calling her.  I agree that Amy isn't going to walk away from him.  This is what I'm trying to say--she loves him, she GETS him, and while people may feel like she needs vindication, I don't see her really feeling that way.  I'm not saying that she can't--or shouldn't--feel sad or upset, just that because of the dynamic these two have, there's no need for the drama of a breakup or jealousy tactics.  To me (just my own opinion), it would cheapen the storyline and what they have together.  I don't think his sabbatical is anything for her to be angry at him for--maybe a bit sad or hurt that he didn't say goodbye, but she knows he needs it.  If anything, I think more of her hurt would stem from his words to her before leaving, but even at that, I think she knows the place they stem from, which is his own freakout and denial of this huge change that he's already contemplating in his own mind.

I totally agree with your assessment.  Amy even said last night that Sheldon is more upset about Professor Proton than he's letting on.  She knows he buries these things inside himself and has not learned how to deal with issues head on.

Sheldon got hit with the perfect storm - his loss of faith in solving string theory, Lenny's engagement/moving, losing Prof Proton.  It's hard enough to deal with things that mean so much to you when you have the tools to handle problems, but when you are still an adolescent in some ways, like Sheldon is, you freak out, you lash out and you run.  I think Amy knows all of this.  She's hurt because she loves him so much and wants to help him, but she knows deep down this is probably good for him and if he's still calling her the ties that bind them together are keeping her strong.  I'm hoping there will be some deep, honest discussion between the two when he returns or even while he's still riding the rails (so she can hear his growth before he returns). 

Also, if you think about it, he doesn't have the best role models for dealing with a relationship.  His parents had a very confrontational one causing his mother to turn deep into religion and his father into drink and other women.  Add that on to his lonely childhood due to his genius and you've got a person who is rudderless.  The only thing Sheldon could count on was himself and his mind.

• Like 6

I think it is about Proton. But may be Sheldon´s grandmother. She never appears phisically, but she is very important for Sheldon, and she was named a lot, in a lot of episodes.( I don´t think the writers allow themselves to kill Sheldon´s mother!) Howard´s mother? Amy´s mother? Leonard´s mother? With Wil, Stuart, Mike or Kripke, I don´t see the meaning of doing that! Plse, where did you read that stuff?

Well I really really hope that it's not Meemaw the one who's going to die (tbh, I doubt it) I think that Sheldon has had enough for now, One more issue and I think that he would jump out of the window haha. I think that the article was totally refering to Professor Proton :)

And I don't think Amy was mad or upset at Sheldon at all (Oh I would like her to, but sadly I think she's not) I think she was more worried than anything else. Her boyfriend has just left the town on a train and completely alone and I'm sure she thinks it was in part her fault for putting more pressure on him asking him to move with her. Actually I'm starting to worry about the writters making Amy the one who apologizes for being so pushy and letting Sheldon having his way again :( I really really hope they don't play it this way

If she was mad at Sheldon she would have made it clear when she talked to him on the phone, instead of it she acted nice and then once she hung up, she showed her true feelings

She was definitely upset after she got off the phone with him. He still called though, that was my point.

He did and I apreciate it. And I hope they keep communicating during summer with phone calls or messages. It will be refreshing for them.

Tbh I still believe that there might be a secret scene tho even if there isn't one the episode feels completed.

Just to clear something up - not to you specifically of course - I understand Sheldon and why he freaked out, that is something totally different. I may disagree with the way he chose to leave but as far as Sheldon concerns what he did was a good thing.

• Like 5

I don´t think Amy is mad or upset at Sheldon because of his leaving! I think she is deeply HURT, because the way he treated her, and the words he told her before leaving her apartment. It was very rude and she doesn´t deserve it! I´m thinking as I am Amy, my feelings are in that way!

• Like 2

I go back and forth for the idea that season 10 will be the end. I still want the show to continue more than 10, maybe 12, I'm not ready for a life without them. However, if the show continues one more season but turns out to be a disaster like season 9 of HIMYM including the finale, I'd prefer it to end as they planned. I want the show to be legendary like FRIENDS which ended in 10 as well. 

NCIS, the most-watched drama, will start season 12 in the fall.

• Like 1

I thought I would share a little something I made and posted to tumblr the other day. It started out as artwork for a story I'm trying my very, very best to write. But I'm a perfectionist and that definitely leads to being my own worst enemy. If I can make it happen, I will be so proud of myself. If not, we all have this graphic to remember the idea by, right? We really need a Majim/Shamy photo shoot. Like, really.

14056831066_11f23cae99_c.jpg

You can view it bigger and in better quality HERE

I saw that and was like  :girldance: .

Thanks for posting it here too.

• Like 1

No problem! I have 3,000+ followers on Tumblr but a very, very small portion of them are TBBT fans. Most of them wish I hadn't made my blog personal/multi-fandom and don't react well [or at all] to my posts about Shamy. Because of that, it got me thinking about the general public's perception of Sheldon and Amy's relationship, and that got me thinking of Amy's comment to Sheldon about everybody thinking their relationship is a joke. That's where the use of that particular quote came from. I purposely left  out "but to me" to make a blanket statement. It might not seem like it to the general public, but what Sheldon and Amy have is extremely intimate. I liked that it could be a little bit of commentary to anybody out there who just doesn't understand them.

• Like 2

I thought I would share a little something I made and posted to tumblr the other day. It started out as artwork for a story I'm trying my very, very best to write. But I'm a perfectionist and that definitely leads to being my own worst enemy. If I can make it happen, I will be so proud of myself. If not, we all have this graphic to remember the idea by, right? We really need a Majim/Shamy photo shoot. Like, really.

You can view it bigger and in better quality HERE.

I LOVE THIS! I look forward to what you're writing when you finish it (because you will, I believe in you.) :)

• Like 1

Thank you for Kazzie sharing this... This is just perfect and beautiful ! :cray: 

tumblr_n4yo4vXoZ81qcqxh7o1_1280.jpg

Oh, this is so sweet!!  :giveheart:  Thank you so much, for posting it!! That is how I imagine them sharing one bed one day. But I think his arm would be laying around her waist.

You can view it bigger and in better quality HERE

Don´t worry, you can do it! Believe in yourself! Can´t wait to read your story!

• Like 2

I must admit that at first I was very angry at Sheldon and the writers, but somehow my anger has already gone. Maybe that's because Shelnard hug was very touching, they've lived together for 10 years, this was the first time he showed his emotions to Leonard explicitly without awkwardness. The picture of Strawberry Quik scene still makes me sad, it is the first time Sheldon scolding at her though, correct me if I'm wrong. 

I reckon Sheldon does think of marrying her, having children, and living their sunset years together. The way he behaves in her apartment is really similar to the psychic scene and the scene when Raj suggested them to skip episode 1 in SW. Amy was mad at him when he embarrassed her in front of her colleagues but she is okay with him running away, so I guess she understands him and doesn't take his words too seriously. 

Anyway, I will wait to see how it plays out.

Edited by Jiab Pattira
  • Like 4

I don't understand why the fans Shemy want that Amy is as a mother, that understands, that justifies that it has patience... a couple must explode at times for finding the necessary equilibrium! I love Sheldon and Amy but there am other three seasons to do, it was inevitable that also among them something happened, Penny and Leonard are also strong because they have faced so many problems. I am certain that within the season 8 Sheldon and Amy will be happy together but I also believe that a talk and a handshake won't be enough to make it happen...
perhaps Sheldon will return convinced to be able to live without Amy and the others, and during the season it will understand that it is not able because  he loves her, I don't have idea of as the authors will proceed, but I believe that cannot magically resolve all in the first episodes

Edited by Shamyyy^-^

I read it on an actually quite serious news website...and was shocked, of course!

They wrote after season 7. Since Prof Proton died during the seventh season, I thought they might mean someone else...

but, yeah, I still hope it's not true!

and...well, it was a german website, and they just let us watch the first 12 episodes of the new season, so, what do they know :nomention:

I'm not afraid anymore, actually. They just can't let a character die that simple...we love them all! :girlsmile:

I don't think the writers even know everything that's going to happen next season. Lol Maybe they were just speculating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the writers HAVE the idea what is going to happen next season, but I hardly belive they are plannig "to kill" one of the main characters, unless one leaves the show (UNLIKELY, because the seven of them have signed for the next three seasons)

Jiab, where is the picture of STRAWBERRY QUICK scene??

I think Amy is hurt, no mad at him.

• Like 1

Here's the picture : http://www.seat42f.com/the-big-bang-theory-episode-7-24-photos-the-status-quo-combustion.html

Yeah, she might be hurt, but I don't know how much. If she doesn't take his words too seriously, she will not be hurt for long. It's clear that they are still together, so I'd like them to communicate in order to work things out. If his behavior is not acceptable for her, I believe she will tell him. 

I just wanna post this video again :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl9nxIM3Vb4

Edited by Jiab Pattira
  • Like 1

I know that should not be said, but really I don't bear the fans that persist  to speak of the couple Shenny.. indeed I hate them! Can you teach me some technique to stay calm when I must read their absurdities??? Please!!!!! How certain people are able to be so foolish and dull? Even if are Sheldon and Penny perhaps the most popular characters of the series it doesn't mean that they must be a couple, they are not them  and  will be never a couple, why they don't understand??

Edited by Shamyyy^-^

I know that should not be said, but really I don't bear the fans that persist  to speak of the couple Shenny.. indeed I hate them! Can you teach me some technique to stay calm when I must read their absurdities??? Please!!!!! How certain people are able to be so foolish and dull? Even if are Sheldon and Penny perhaps the most popular characters of the series it doesn't mean that they must be a couple, they are not them  and  will be never a couple, why they don't understand??

You can't control others, only yourself. And you need not attend every argument to which you are invited. :)

• Like 2

Guys can you suggest to me a good fanfic about shamy's first time :D or maybe most popular shamy fanfic. I've never read fanfic before.

iPhone 'den Tapatalk aracılığı ile gönderildi

Edited by shamyy