The Sheldon-Leonard Friendship

My favorite friendship to watch on the show is Leonard and Sheldon.  Sometimes they fight but they really are the best of friends.  This season they're having some good moments.  Let's discuss them.  I'll start.

I'm really excited for Sheldon to hug Leonard.  Sheldon acts like he takes Leonard for granted (though we know he doesn't) and it's nice to see the affection he tries to hide be expressed.

• Like 5

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree. I'm beyond excited for the Sheldon/Leonard hug. Again I tried to resist the temptation of reading the taping report only to end up caving, of course, haha. I really do love their friendship.

*sniff* so adorable........

I suspect that the writers may have realized that Sheldon was getting to or there, and this is their way of resting the character. I imagine Jim Parsons was getting a bit uncomfortable with the way he

I'm really excited for Sheldon to hug Leonard. Sheldon acts like he takes Leonard for granted (though we know he doesn't) and it's nice to see the affection he tries to hide be expressed.

I totally agree. Though I ship Shamy, it's really nice to see that Sheldon isn't only just working on physical contact with Amy, but also with his best friend. Edited by Blue Bernie

If nothing happens ship-wise, I'd be comfortable with those 2 growing old together in Bert and Ernie like ambiguity.

They are a much better friendship than Howard and Raj who let their sexual chemistry make it weird.

• Like 1

I just realized in The Discovery Dissipation, when Kripke comes in to mock Sheldon, Leonard is totally on Sheldon's side.  Sheldon calls Kripke "Bawwy" to make fun of him, and Leonard gets a facial expression that says, "Yeah, take that!"

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

If nothing happens ship-wise, I'd be comfortable with those 2 growing old together in Bert and Ernie like ambiguity.

They are a much better friendship than Howard and Raj who let their sexual chemistry make it weird.

To be honest, Howard and Raj seem like gay lovers who don't want to admit their love for each other

• Like 1

It's clear these guys really are best friends, and to me when they introduced the mothers it just made total sense.  People wonder why Leonard would want to be friends with a guy like Sheldon, but Sheldon is very much like Leonard's mother, so Leonard knows how to relate to him.  Leonard knows how much Sheldon cares about him, so he's willing to put up with some quirks.  I also think Leonard likes feeling valued, something he never had before.  Even though Sheldon sometimes acts like he takes Leonard for granted, they both know Sheldon is lost without his buddy.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

They really ARE best friends!

Sheldon (6 x 2) "Plse, Penny don´t hurt my friend!"

Leonard (6 x 20) " Friends are forever!"

They both have blood brothers, but they are REALLY brothers! I want to see them in their last 70´s, playing 3D chess and talking about their old gals, as they did on 5 x 23!

Edited by Susana Alcira Cairó
  • Like 3

Leonard's reluctance to put Sheldon back in his box is... odd. Best friends don't harp on about the ravenous nether regions of their friend's girlfriend to others and stay best friends. Unless so much time spent making one's friend a conduit of one's will has paid off - or one really enjoys living like a an adolescent uni student.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked in 7'10 when Sheldon greeted Leonard by saying "hello friend Leonard" just something about the way he said it was sweet

Then Leonard kind of ruined it by telling Sheldon about his element being wrong

Edited by rachelshamyfan

I really like when Leonard calls Sheldon "buddy".  A couple of times jump out at me.  Once was when L was telling S that Amy was probably mad over the fight with Wil Wheaton.  The other one was especially sweet, back when Penny shot the couch with a paint gun.  L told S about the Chinese restaurant to distract him from being so upset.  S said "Leonard?", L replied sympathetically "Yeah, buddy?", and S said "I'm still not comfortable."

Edited by tmp
  • Like 1

A Bully-Wimp relationship is hardly endearing....

It's not like that.  Sheldon is a softie who tries to hide it by acting cavalier.  He genuinely loves Leonard, though. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It was so beautiful, I can't say enough good things about it. You feel the full weight of how much Leonard means to Sheldon, especially in the moment immediately after. Ahhh, it's perfect. I'm gonna cry again just thinking about it. I can't wait to see it again.

Edited by Maddie
  • Like 1