The Sheldon-Leonard Friendship

That was just one of the wrong things that Penny did that I mentioned. I mentioned many others from recent seasons/episodes too. Your idea of Sheldon carrying for Leonard and Amy only when it's convenient for him isn't a proven fact, it is your opinion. Nobody can know what is going on in Sheldon's mind. There were several times when he stood up for Leonard and Amy when it wasn't convenient to him (such as calling out Jimmy in "The Speckerman Recurrence", among other things) but of course your hate towards fictional character prevents you from seeing that. If you have seen season seven you would have known that it wasn't all about dealing with Sheldon, it was mostly about progression of character's relationships. Dealing with Sheldon was part of a humor but not more than in earlier seasons. If you did see season seven, it probably just seems to you that way because that Sheldon thing is growing on to you. And honestly I don't want to discuss this anymore, I already said everything that has to be said, this is a Leonard/Sheldon friendship thread, if you want to assassinate Sheldon, find another thread.

Lol I mean honestly it is getting to point you cannot have any opposite or unique opinion on this site, for the fear of rocking someones beliefs, or diminishing their ship, or get accused of assanating a character (which I find rich seeing the character that get's most hate on this site I would argue is Leonard) just because I have a different opinion, and I dared to mention Mr Perfect Sheldon suddenly I am projecting hate towards a character. They are fictional characters, the whole point of this site is to discuss story and character archs, the chances of everyone liking every character, storyline is 1 in a million, it's all about discussion it ain't no democracy. And actually it ain't an opinion, it is a fact, I could count even a few episodes to prove my point. Look how he freaks out with Amy when any real change is shown to him, he either abandons Amy, or like in the finalie runs off. This is me not assanating a character, but shedding a light on the their behaviour. In Season 6 he begged in the middle of the night not to dump Leonard, but people have now deconstructed that as Sheldon not wanting the order of his life changing, once again freaking out. Can I just say hypothetically say I do hate Sheldon which I don't, is it just me or do you have a current dislike to a character that is impairing your judgement, its a two way street mate. I didn't directly reply to you, I was just replying to the general tone and defending Penny, that she doesn't give a damn about Howard, considering the crap she had to get from Howard early on, and the continuing assanine, blunt insults she still receives from Sheldon. I never suggested Sheldon never matured in S7, your the one saying that. IT seem's though everyone is an expert lol I mean, oh I must of missed the season or I am blind, I am sorry I bow down to my superior :good: But Sheldon has lost his innocence, my point is Leonard is more a caretaker for Sheldon, he never appreciates Leonard for everything he has done for him, and honestly other then the hug in S7 up till then and generally, he just mistreats Leonard like he does most people in his life. But once again this ain't a personal attack which I find funny seeing a lot of people do that very thing a lot of times, just my opinion.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree. I'm beyond excited for the Sheldon/Leonard hug. Again I tried to resist the temptation of reading the taping report only to end up caving, of course, haha. I really do love their friendship.

*sniff* so adorable........

I suspect that the writers may have realized that Sheldon was getting to or there, and this is their way of resting the character. I imagine Jim Parsons was getting a bit uncomfortable with the way he

Lol I mean honestly it is getting to point you cannot have any opposite or unique opinion on this site, for the fear of rocking someones beliefs, or diminishing their ship, or get accused of assanating a character (which I find rich seeing the character that get's most hate on this site I would argue is Leonard) just because I have a different opinion, and I dared to mention Mr Perfect Sheldon suddenly I am projecting hate towards a character. They are fictional characters, the whole point of this site is to discuss story and character archs, the chances of everyone liking every character, storyline is 1 in a million, it's all about discussion it ain't no democracy. And actually it ain't an opinion, it is a fact, I could count even a few episodes to prove my point. Look how he freaks out with Amy when any real change is shown to him, he either abandons Amy, or like in the finalie runs off. This is me not assanating a character, but shedding a light on the their behaviour. In Season 6 he begged in the middle of the night not to dump Leonard, but people have now deconstructed that as Sheldon not wanting the order of his life changing, once again freaking out. Can I just say hypothetically say I do hate Sheldon which I don't, is it just me or do you have a current dislike to a character that is impairing your judgement, its a two way street mate. I didn't directly reply to you, I was just replying to the general tone and defending Penny, that she doesn't give a damn about Howard, considering the crap she had to get from Howard early on, and the continuing assanine, blunt insults she still receives from Sheldon. I never suggested Sheldon never matured in S7, your the one saying that. IT seem's though everyone is an expert lol I mean, oh I must of missed the season or I am blind, I am sorry I bow down to my superior :good: But Sheldon has lost his innocence, my point is Leonard is more a caretaker for Sheldon, he never appreciates Leonard for everything he has done for him, and honestly other then the hug in S7 up till then and generally, he just mistreats Leonard like he does most people in his life. But once again this ain't a personal attack which I find funny seeing a lot of people do that very thing a lot of times, just my opinion.

I never considered it a personal attack, I just didn't agree with your points and explained why. Also I don't say that you're not allowed to have you opinion but this isn't a thread to express that kind of opinion: this is a Sheldon/Leonard friendship thread, for people who like both Sheldon and Leonard and their friendship, if you want to discuss about Sheldon's character flaws find a thread used for that or start it, don't write that kind of stuff here. Your opinion about Sheldon's flaws means that you have an opinion about Sheldon's and Leonard's friendship too but still this is a thread designed for people who like both Sheldon and Leonard and their friendship so don't post it here (for example people who ship Shenny have their opinion about Shamy and Lenny too hut they aren't going to post it in Shamy or Lenny thread unless they want to offend or bait Shamy and Lenny shippers, while often happens unfortunately). I wouldn't even post the post that you adressed if someone made a post similar to yours in this thread and I felt a need to respond to him for the same reason I felt the need to respond to you. I agree that Leonard is often unnecessarily bashed in this fandom and I actually adressed it in some other threads on this forum and I hate it as much as I hate Sheldon bashing (I am Lenny and Shamy shipper), but bashing other characters doesn't make it right, and I don't like bashing any of the characters on this show: what I wrote about Penny was simply a way of showing that she has flaws too and that every character has certain flaws and therefore there is no need to bash or particularly dislike any of them. You don't like Sheldon? OK. But don't write about that on this thread and as much as you have the right to express your opinion and make points that you believe support that opinion I have the right to say what I think about the points you made, especially if you knowingly posted that kind of stuff in a thread obviously designed for people who genuinely like both Sheldon and Leonard and their interaction. Also no offense to you but if you dislike Sheldon so much why did you even read this thread? Edited by Mislav

I never considered it a personal attack, I just didn't agree with your points and explained why. Also I don't say that you're not allowed to have you opinion but this isn't a thread to express that kind of opinion: this is a Sheldon/Leonard friendship thread, for people who like both Sheldon and Leonard and their friendship, if you want to discuss about Sheldon's character flaws find a thread used for that or start it, don't write that kind of stuff here. Your opinion about Sheldon's flaws means that you have an opinion about Sheldon's and Leonard's friendship too but still this is a thread designed for people who like both Sheldon and Leonard and their friendship so don't post it here (for example people who ship Shenny have their opinion about Shamy and Lenny too hut they aren't going to post it in Shamy or Lenny thread unless they want to offend or bait Shamy and Lenny shippers, while often happens unfortunately). I wouldn't even post the post that you adressed if someone made a post similar to yours in this thread and I felt a need to respond to him for the same reason I felt the need to respond to you. I agree that Leonard is often unnecessarily bashed in this fandom and I actually adressed it in some other threads on this forum and I hate it as much as I hate Sheldon bashing (I am Lenny and Shamy shipper), but bashing other characters doesn't make it right, and I don't like bashing any of the characters on this show: what I wrote about Penny was simply a way of showing that she has flaws too and that every character has certain flaws and therefore there is no need to bash or particularly dislike any of them. You don't like Sheldon? OK. But don't write about that on this thread and as much as you have the right to express your opinion and make points that you believe support that opinion I have the right to say what I think about the points you made, especially if you knowingly posted that kind of stuff in a thread obviously designed for people who genuinely like both Sheldon and Leonard and their interaction. Also no offense to you but if you dislike Sheldon so much why did you even read this thread?

I agree.  I don't like bashing characters either.  I like the characters on the show, otherwise I wouldn't be a fan.  It seems most every thread disintegrates into Sheldon bashing.  Geez, is there nothing else to talk about?

I happen to think Sheldon and Leonard have a very sweet friendship.  Neither really likes to admit how much he cares about the other one, so it comes out sideways, like Leonard telling Professor Proton why he's friends with Sheldon or Sheldon cutting the power to end the fight between them.

• Like 1

I agree.  I don't like bashing characters either.  I like the characters on the show, otherwise I wouldn't be a fan.  It seems most every thread disintegrates into Sheldon bashing.  Geez, is there nothing else to talk about?

I happen to think Sheldon and Leonard have a very sweet friendship.  Neither really likes to admit how much he cares about the other one, so it comes out sideways, like Leonard telling Professor Proton why he's friends with Sheldon or Sheldon cutting the power to end the fight between them.

My theory on that is that the forum has a lot of people who are shippers and either see Sheldon getting in the way of the Leonard/Penny story or see Sheldon as letting Amy down. As I see it the Leonard / Sheldon friendship and roommateship has been the central interaction through almost all of the series. This may be slowly shifting as the bbt moves into new territory.

Keeping the series new by allowing change to occur reminds me of the Red Queen hypothesis

My theory on that is that the forum has a lot of people who are shippers and either see Sheldon getting in the way of the Leonard/Penny story or see Sheldon as letting Amy down. As I see it the Leonard / Sheldon friendship and roommateship has been the central interaction through almost all of the series. This may be slowly shifting as the bbt moves into new territory.

Keeping the series new by allowing change to occur reminds me of the Red Queen hypothesis

It was once a great friendship until it moved from fighting mutual enemies like Kurt to one picking on the other like in "Itchy Brain". Leonard and Sheldon once needed each other and were mutually supportive. Something happened. It doesn't look like a friendship so much lately.

So it's not just shipping, it's about values and my own view of the total Sheldon package.

However, I don't doubt Sheldon would fall on a grenade for Leonard, or at least take the radioactive spider bite, if there was no other option. That's more love than friendship. and doesn't rely on reciprocity. I think they are more fraternal than friendly... and that explains why Leonard puts up with so much. Doesn't really explain why Sheldon thinks he can do what he does to everybody else but hey.

• Like 1

It was once a great friendship until it moved from fighting mutual enemies like Kurt to one picking on the other like in "Itchy Brain". Leonard and Sheldon once needed each other and were mutually supportive. Something happened. It doesn't look like a friendship so much lately.

So it's not just shipping, it's about values and my own view of the total Sheldon package.

However, I don't doubt Sheldon would fall on a grenade for Leonard, or at least take the radioactive spider bite, if there was no other option. That's more love than friendship. and doesn't rely on reciprocity. I think they are more fraternal than friendly... and that explains why Leonard puts up with so much. Doesn't really explain why Sheldon thinks he can do what he does to everybody else but hey.

I think I'm more empathetic towards Sheldon because he is an exponentially exaggerated version of a part of my personality so I concentrate on positive aspects of the Leonard/Sheldon relationship rather than the Itchy Brain examples which was clearly a bad week at the office for Sheldon. While I think their friendship was ostensibly stronger in earlier seasons because of tighter common interests and a greater reliance on each other for company and support, I still see a real friendship still there. It's the effect Penny has had that has change the type of friendship. Sheldon is no longer number 1 in Leonard's life. Penny is. Yes I know that has been true for a long time but now with the engagement and pending change to the living arrangements this has become very real to Sheldon and his reaction has been all over the place as a result. That is a natural change when best friends find a female partner. Amy has probably had an impact on the relationship too.

My relationship changed with my best friend when we both got married but our friendship still remains a friendship. It's just different to what it once was. I think the same applies to the Sheldon Leonard friendship. In fact it has impacted the friendships of all four of the guys once the girls entered the fray in the show. Raj had issues for a long time. But the friendships remain. Season 8 is going to continue the change in the nature of the friendship because eventually Leonard is going to be leaving Sheldon permanently and how he reacts to that when it finally happens will be fun to watch. Sometime friends don't like losing their mates to the woman. We wait to see how Sheldon copes. And Leonard too.......and Penny!

• Like 1

Most of people who bash Sheldon are hardcore Lenny shippers who hate Sheldon for being mean to Leonard occasionally. Simple as that.

listen, while its not always perfect, their is a true friendship there.  And of course just like any other friendship, once one of the parties enters a romantic relationship things change.  Penny did shift things for them.  Because she became #1 in Leonard's eyes.  And earlier on he would just accept Sheldon for being Sheldon...now he is a bit more firm with him.  And Sheldon by far isn't an easy person to be friends with because he doesn't really grasp the concept of take, take, take vs. give, give, give (we see this with all of his relationship even his own Mother).  While some might consider this selfish, I do think its also an aspect of his "quirks" that we like to call it.  I have met people that have the "quirks" and this is actually very common.

Leonard understands him, and in some ways, the friendship is more father/son at times.  He took on the role of "guiding" him in a way back in the day.  Of course now that will change (and has been slowly changing especially in season 6-7 when Penny became an even bigger influence in his life)

The whole "appreciate them" part is an inkling into how Sheldon will probably slowly realize that Leonard is important to him beyond the aspects of a roomate (rides, meals, etc).

I can't help but think in Season 8 we'll see their friendship be really tested when Leonard gets tenure (which I do think he will).  

Edited by kerrycec03

Well, discuss how Sheldon is a good guy and rebut the argument. :)

Or one could avoid such judgments, accept people as they come and perhaps let them know when/where they are crossing a line. Seems to be Penny's approach which is kind of refreshing.

• Like 2

Or one could avoid such judgments, accept people as they come and perhaps let them know when/where they are crossing a line. Seems to be Penny's approach which is kind of refreshing.

Well,  Sheldon is mostly over the line anyway. That's been my argument. But if Leonard is good with him then thats great for Leonard. And Penny just gave up IMHO. And Sheldon certainly works in the story  - which is what this is. In real life your advice is fine but Sheldon is a character that has been designed to be polarising. And he is good at his job.

• Like 1

Maybe Lenny can reverse the roles from Season three and use some positive reinforcement when he isn't over the line! I'm sure Sheldon would respond to chocolate as long as it's chocolate eating day. If not, have a spray bottle of water ready for all the other occasions!

Well,  Sheldon is mostly over the line anyway. That's been my argument. But if Leonard is good with him then thats great for Leonard. And Penny just gave up IMHO. And Sheldon certainly works in the story  - which is what this is. In real life your advice is fine but Sheldon is a character that has been designed to be polarising. And he is good at his job.

I figure he has been designed to be entertaining. Sheldon  is not polarizing most if the time. If anything he unifies the rest of the group by becoming a common antagonist.

I figure he has been designed to be entertaining. Sheldon  is not polarizing most if the time. If anything he unifies the rest of the group by becoming a common antagonist.

Yes a common enemy (often my point too), but polarising for the audience, was what I meant. He is extreme. We as an audience are polarised. Hence the two teams. Sorry for not being clearer.

Yes a common enemy (often my point too), but polarising for the audience, was what I meant. He is extreme. We as an audience are polarised. Hence the two teams. Sorry for not being clearer.

Definitely polarising for the members of this forum but not sure about the general populace. My feeling from the non analytical Joe Publics in my work, family, friend and local communities is that he is much loved by those after an easy laugh. We, on the other hand, who find fault and favour with every move and word from the characters of our much loved show, are most definitely divided by him.

There's a thread here somewhere listing all the good things Sheldon has done

Like all characters on this show, Rachel, Sheldon has done plenty of good things, including in this relationship - they just get undone by his last word or action for the comedic punch line. But it's a bit like the news headlines on Internet forums like this. No one is interested in the good news. Only the controversial, the bad and the tragic rate a mention.

Edited by Itwasdestined

Like all characters on this show, Rachel, Sheldon has done plenty of good things, including in this relationship - they just get undone by his last word or action for the comedic punch line. But it's a bit like the news headlines on Internet forums like this. No one is interested in the good news. Only the controversial, the bad and the tragic rate a mention.

Actually on some of the actor threads the positive gushing is kind of over the top (too much emotion for me). As far as the negativity goes my theory is that when someone is angry or disappointed by something they get tenacious defending their point of view.

• 5 weeks later...

There's a thread here somewhere listing all the good things Sheldon has done

Well, he did saved Leonard's life, among other things. He also saved Leonard from lots of trouble by chasing Joyce Kim away, stood up to Leonard in Speckerman Recurrence, and talked Penny out of breaking up with Leonard.

He also borrowed money to Penny, drove her to the hospital after she dislocated her shoulder, and tried to comfort Howard after Emily made fun of him.

Edited by Mislav

Well, he did saved Leonard's life, among other things. He also saved Leonard from lots of trouble by chasing Joyce Kim away, stood up to Leonard in Speckerman Recurrence, and talked Penny out of breaking up with Leonard.

He saved Leonard's life ? Lol sorry i must of missed that. Yes thats true, but ppl forget when Sheldons trting to be good or be genuine in helping someone. It usually happens inadvertantly. Like in Joyce Kim case, he was absoutley clueless, that he chased Joyce Kim away. The subsequent result of his actions, saved Leonard from alot of trouble true. But it was not pre-determined or pre-conceived, nor did Sheldon intend on that outcome it just happened. Also true Sheldon stood up for Leonard, but why wouldent he? They are friends and have been roommates for years. Like Sheldon said "I platonically love you man, but face it your a mess".

As for Sheldon convincing Penny to not break up with Leonard. Well #1 I dont think anyone can convince Penny to do anything, being as indepedent as she is, once she makes her mind up thats it. No one let alone Sheldon was going to make a difference. So Penny choosing to not break up with Leonard, at the end of the day was because of her. Her past experiences in relationships, were almost like binge eating, emotionally unhealthy relationships, full of drama, fighting e.t.c. So being with Leonard it was the complete oppossite, she was really projecting her old fears and insecurities onto Leonard.

If anyone really made a difference, or if Penny applied what anyone said to her relationship with Leonard, it was Bernadette. She gave Penny some really good advice to work more on her relationship with Leonard, and be more interested in his work. Which lead to that great Lab Scene in Holocast Excitation. Which lead to Pennys true feelings coming to the surface for Ldonard. So i would say Bernadette was more of a contributing factor tbh. Of course Penny heeded Sheldons concerns, but all it did was reinforce how great Leonard is. Alot of ppl have deconstructed Sheldons rushing into Pennys room. As not neccessarily worried about Leonard and Penny breakiing up, but wirried aboit the order of his life changing.

Like when he recreated the relationship agreement in S4, then threw it in the air lol . Leonard and Penny breaking up would be a form of inconvinience for him. As for the L/S friendship, i agree it always felt more like a fraternity then a friendship. As times gone on Sheldon and Leonard have both realized how self reliant, and important they are each other. But as you saw in the S7 finalie, with status quo changing L and P are ready to move to the next phase in their lives and Leave Sheldon behind, and all those changes at once is clearly overwhelming for him. Before Penny Leonard was Sheldons little buddy, their company was incompassed by Raj, Howard, Game Nights, Chinese Takeouts etc. But gradually as Penny started to be incorporated in their group, Sheldon could see their world was changing.

I always felt Leonard and Sheldon had a similar relationship to his one with Beverly. Beverly and Sheldon deep down both love Leonard, but hold him in no regard. By S3 Penny had opened a big world of romance for Leonard, and Sheldon was desperatley while accepting Penny was going no where, tried positive reinforcement on Penny. Trying to make changes to Penny, to make his life more convinient. If this girl is going to become one of us, shes going to become one of us! But alas Penny is Leonards strawberry pop tart. Sheldon just couldent stop status quo changing, then Amy enters his life and is confronted by romance himself, while at the same time completley confused about his own emotions. So you can see why it all compounded in the final. I have a feeling tho in premiere they well bring back Sheldon early to delay any changes, he well try to hold on to status quo then realize he cant.

Edited by 3ku11

He saved Leonard's life ? Lol sorry i must of missed that. Yes thats true, but ppl forget when Sheldons trting to be good or be genuine in helping someone. It usually happens inadvertantly. Like in Joyce Kim case, he was absoutley clueless, that he chased Joyce Kim away. The subsequent result of his actions, saved Leonard from alot of trouble true. But it was not pre-determined or pre-conceived, nor did Sheldon intend on that outcome it just happened. Also true Sheldon stood up for Leonard, but why wouldent he? They are friends and have been roommates for years. Like Sheldon said "I platonically love you man, but face it your a mess".

As for Sheldon convincing Penny to not break up with Leonard. Well #1 I dont think anyone can convince Penny to do anything, being as indepedent as she is, once she makes her mind up thats it. No one let alone Sheldon was going to make a difference. So Penny choosing to not break up with Leonard, at the end of the day was because of her. Her past experiences in relationships, were almost like binge eating, emotionally unhealthy relationships, full of drama, fighting e.t.c. So being with Leonard it was the complete oppossite, she was really projecting her old fears and insecurities onto Leonard.

If anyone really made a difference, or if Penny applied what anyone said to her relationship with Leonard, it was Bernadette. She gave Penny some really good advice to work more on her relationship with Leonard, and be more interested in his work. Which lead to that great Lab Scene in Holocast Excitation. Which lead to Pennys true feelings coming to the surface for Ldonard. So i would say Bernadette was more of a contributing factor tbh. Of course Penny heeded Sheldons concerns, but all it did was reinforce how great Leonard is. Alot of ppl have deconstructed Sheldons rushing into Pennys room. As not neccessarily worried about Leonard and Penny breakiing up, but wirried aboit the order of his life changing.

Like when he recreated the relationship agreement in S4, then threw it in the air lol . Leonard and Penny breaking up would be a form of inconvinience for him. As for the L/S friendship, i agree it always felt more like a fraternity then a friendship. As times gone on Sheldon and Leonard have both realized how self reliant, and important they are each other. But as you saw in the S7 finalie, with status quo changing L and P are ready to move to the next phase in their lives and Leave Sheldon behind, and all those changes at once is clearly overwhelming for him. Before Penny Leonard was Sheldons little buddy, their company was incompassed by Raj, Howard, Game Nights, Chinese Takeouts etc. But gradually as Penny started to be incorporated in their group, Sheldon could see their world was changing.

I always felt Leonard and Sheldon had a similar relationship to his one with Beverly. Beverly and Sheldon deep down both love Leonard, but hold him in no regard. By S3 Penny had opened a big world of romance for Leonard, and Sheldon was desperatley while accepting Penny was going no where, tried positive reinforcement on Penny. Trying to make changes to Penny, to make his life more convinient. If this girl is going to become one of us, shes going to become one of us! But alas Penny is Leonards strawberry pop tart. Sheldon just couldent stop status quo changing, then Amy enters his life and is confronted by romance himself, while at the same time completley confused about his own emotions. So you can see why it all compounded in the final. I have a feeling tho in premiere they well bring back Sheldon early to delay any changes, he well try to hold on to status quo then realize he cant.

It happened prior to the series, Leonard was experimenting with rocket fuel, building a small rocket in his apartment, but made a mistake with the formula and it got ignited. He went in the elevator, carrying the rocket with him, planning to go down to the last floor and then dump it outside. Sheldon knew that there was no enough time so he dragged Leonard out of the elevator and pressed the "close" button. Seconds later, the rocket exploded. If he didn't do that, Leonard could have been seriously hurt or even killed. *Surprise, surprise* That's how the elevator got broken. It's explained in an episode The Staircase Implementation, via flashbacks (Leonard saying it to Penny, so you know that it is true).

Sheldon saying Penny that he didn't want her to hurt his friend was one of those moments where he showed that he is, well, human. He said that because he didn't want her to hurt Leonard, not because he didn't want his routine to change. Second thing bothered him too probably but he also didn't want her to hurt Leonard and what he said applies to that. Do you remember the previous times that he tried to convince Penny to date Leonard again? He always said it out front. He never used manipulation. I can't understand people who try to use this scene to make Sheldon seem manipulative and selfish. Even if his words didn't convince her to give Leonard another chance, he obviously tried to convince her to do so so she wouldn't hurt him, his friend. That is a good thing, and proves that he cares for Leonard.

Sheldon not knowing that Joyce Kim was a spy before chasing her away does not minimize the eventual positive result. Also if Leonard went by Sheldon's rules and waited to get to know her better he would have realized that there is something suspicious about her and wouldn't date her. He's a smart guy.

Edited by Mislav

Skull always manages to conveniently forget things that dont involve Penny, hence why he can never remember scenes with Bernadette

I am not conveniently forgetting anything, I acknowledged Joyce Kim hence the posters reference. I was just making the point based on her examples, that most of that wasent intentional from Sheldon, regardless if the outcome was the same. Sheldon had nothing to do with Penny not dumping Leonard. I actually explained myself, so not sure what is your point, not that I have ever understood what is your point haha. Point was that Sheldon was not initially genuine in her attempts to put other peoples needs first, I was just saying a lot of people interpreted that scene as Sheldon freaking out, not only over L and P breaking up but order of his life changing, that's not opinion, but fact an observation. Based on your logic, your conviently forgetting information regarding Sheldon.

• 4 weeks later...

He also borrowed money to Penny, drove her to the hospital after she dislocated her shoulder, and tried to comfort Howard after Emily made fun of him.

His comment "please don't hurt my friend" maybe wasn't what convinced Penny to give Leonard another chance, but it was definitely said with that intent and showed that Sheldon cares for Leonard.