The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nogravitasatall

Would They, Could They, Blow Up The Apartments?

I believe one of the limiting factors for "levelling up" the characters is the adorable main set, that embodies the concept of the show ie the esoteric "others" living amongst the mundane.

Could they retool the show by killing the sets and rebooting and not lose the love? OR would that be like killing of a loved character, and this is not Walking Dead or Game of Thrones so it would be a shark jump?

Sure, why the hell not. Last scene of the last episode 

Sheldon, Penny, Leonard and Amy leaving Los Robles Avenue, they are walking down the street. And a dramatic action movie style explosion happens while they all put on sunglasses. In slow motion.

• Like 6

Sheldon, Penny, Leonard and Amy leaving Los Robles Avenue, they are walking down the street. And a dramatic action movie style explosion happens while they all put on sunglasses. In slow motion.

so LOL.

but earlier than the absolute end, is my hope. Maybe. No?

so LOL.

but earlier than the absolute end, is my hope. Maybe. No?

It's happened before.   There have been several shows where the characters "move"   I Love Lucy/The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show started with them living in an apartment in Manhattan and finished with them in Westport Connecticut.    My Three Sons started with the family somewhere in the midwest and finished somewhere in southern California.   Other shows had the characters stay in the same city, but move to another apartment or house (Mary Tyler Moore comes to mind).  So it's entirely possible.  

When Shamy and Lenny finally move in or get married, someone's apartment will have to go.  That's why I think it makes the most sense, thematically, to have Leonard move in with Penny and Amy moving into Leonard's room as they would keep the main sets and get rid of Amy's apartment, which is down around the corner on set.   Note, move into Leonard's room, not into Sheldon's apartment, I don't think they're ready for that yet (as he runs off to keep from getting killed by all the Shamy fans).   If Lenny are married, I don't see why they couldn't buy a house (the same goes for Howard and Bernadette). and there are your new locations.

However, If they don't get rid of the old sets by the end of next year,  I don't see it happening.  At that point, there isn't any incentive to have to rebuild basically almost all the sets in the studio, for what my be only one year.  This assumes that the show runs for ten years.

• Like 4

CHLOE,

Congratulations !!

You have become the newest owner of the much sought after and wildly unknown award called the WC S.O.A.P.* for your wonderful answer !

I know that SOMEDAY TBBT will have to end, but NO ending will be as TBBTest as your answer !

* If you or a newbie needs/wants to know what a WC S.O.A.P. is you can PM me ! 

Your Friend,

Mike

• Like 5

When Shamy and Lenny finally move in or get married, someone's apartment will have to go.  That's why I think it makes the most sense, thematically, to have Leonard move in with Penny and Amy moving into Leonard's room as they would keep the main sets and get rid of Amy's apartment, which is down around the corner on set.   Note, move into Leonard's room, not into Sheldon's apartment, I don't think they're ready for that yet (as he runs off to keep from getting killed by all the Shamy fans).

No need to run, I've been saying for some time now, that Amy would move into Leonards room first.

This was Amy's suggestion as well, when she wanted to move in with him in 6x15.

CHLOE,

Congratulations !!

You have become the newest owner of the much sought after and wildly unknown award called the WC S.O.A.P.* for your wonderful answer !

I know that SOMEDAY TBBT will have to end, but NO ending will be as TBBTest as your answer !

* If you or a newbie needs/wants to know what a WC S.O.A.P. is you can PM me ! 

Your Friend,

Mike

Okay. I don't know what that is, but I'm honoured. :wub:

• Like 2

Okay. I don't know what that is, but I'm honoured. :wub:

You should, still floating from when I got mine.

I kinda wanna photoshop this scenario so badly. Anyone have any bad ass pics of them I can use? :p

If only there was a photo/picture of all of them dressed like this:

jimmaxim.jpg

You could have fun with that.

Or this one, with a big explosion in the back?

NEwyehIojVfozC_1_1.jpg

• Like 1

It's happened before.   There have been several shows where the characters "move"   I Love Lucy/The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show started with them living in an apartment in Manhattan and finished with them in Westport Connecticut.    My Three Sons started with the family somewhere in the midwest and finished somewhere in southern California.   Other shows had the characters stay in the same city, but move to another apartment or house (Mary Tyler Moore comes to mind).  So it's entirely possible.  

When Shamy and Lenny finally move in or get married, someone's apartment will have to go.  That's why I think it makes the most sense, thematically, to have Leonard move in with Penny and Amy moving into Leonard's room as they would keep the main sets and get rid of Amy's apartment, which is down around the corner on set.   Note, move into Leonard's room, not into Sheldon's apartment, I don't think they're ready for that yet (as he runs off to keep from getting killed by all the Shamy fans).   If Lenny are married, I don't see why they couldn't buy a house (the same goes for Howard and Bernadette). and there are your new locations.

However, If they don't get rid of the old sets by the end of next year,  I don't see it happening.  At that point, there isn't any incentive to have to rebuild basically almost all the sets in the studio, for what my be only one year.  This assumes that the show runs for ten years.

I think Penny's apartment will go. Considering that keeping Leonard and Sheldon as roommates is so important to the writers, I'll be more realistic to have her move in with them.

Edited by thephantom

I think Penny's apartment will go. Considering that keeping Leonard and Sheldon as roommates is so important to the writers, I'll be more realistic to have her move in with them.

Your not thinking of production costs.  If they move her in, then you still have to keep the door there(as viewed from the landing) and it can't connect to anything.  You also have the problem that other floors don't have.  With all the time they spend on the landing and running in and out of their apartment, they would run into whoever was there much more often than anyone on the other floors.  Then, the interior would have to have it's entrance on the far side of whatever set they put there.  Then they would have to decide what are they going to put there.  It has to be something that will be used on a repeated basis, as it is along the main camera runs.    It makes more production sense to move Leonard into 4B and Amy into Leonard's bedroom, freeing up the space where Amy's apartment is, since it's infrequently used.  

Kaley-Cuoco---dialogue-on-the-set-of-The

I don't think they can get rid of Penny's apartment. It is practically "one set" with the hallway and boys apartment.  it is also in front of the live audience. All the other sets are off to the side where the audience cant see them. As tensor said, for production reasons Penny's apartment has to be used for something. I hope they choose to have Amy move into Leonard's room and Leonard into 4b, but it is possible Sheldon may live alone as well if a move was to occur.

Why would they want to do that?

To shake the living arrangements up in a big way :)

Why would they want to do that?

To shake the living arrangements up in a big way :)

Oh, I see..! :) But they needn't blow them up - just have Penny move in with Sheldon and Leonard, and use Penny's apartment as a spare room. Actually, no, the spare room idea wouldn't work: who's going to pay the rent on an empty apartment?

On second thoughts, I'll go back to bed..! :p

• Like 1