Sheldon's Brother

smeghead

I see some speculation about what he may be like, so how about we throw out some ideas? Here's mine. I agree with the hunky beefcake, and would add...very gregarious, LOUD, everyone loves him, plenty of hugs for the women and slaps on the back for the guys. As his sister is obviously not "dumb as soup" he is not either. He could have a regular job like bartender or mechanic. He teases Sheldon good-naturedly to which Sheldon replies in his usual manner. We first meet him in their mother's home: Brother :"HEY SHEELY, LONG TIME NO SEE. STILL SAVING THE WORLD?" Sheldon (resigned tone): "Yes quite.... And you , still clogging the roads of Texas with 30 year old carbon monoxide factories?" Brother: "YOU BETCHA'" Later in the series he could come to stay with the guys where we see the reaction of others to him. Penny is obviously smitten but he tells her he has a girlfriend and is a 1-woman-guy , but Leonard does not hear this conversation. Upon hearing his brother is coming: Sheldon: "Oh Dear Lord, my brother want to stay with us for a few days" L: "So where's the problem". S:"He's so LOUD. I wont be able to sleep, I won't be able to work. Do you know , we had to have rubber insulation put on my bedroom walls at home , because he is so loud?" Howard (low sarcastic tone): "Because he was so loud.... Yeeeees, that was the reason." Finally.. Leonard (to Howard and Raj) "I wonder what he looks like" Howard "He's Sheldon's brother! He probably played Skeletor in the old He-man cartoons!" So any other ideas?

smeghead, aren't you the scriptwriter? or you just watch the show too many times, and can talk like that? :) I can actually see these scenes take place, awesome! I would also vote for the nice, handsome brother who teases Sheldon all the time, but loves him too.

smeghead, aren't you the scriptwriter? or you just watch the show too many times, and can talk like that? :) I can actually see these scenes take place, awesome!

I would also vote for the nice, handsome brother who teases Sheldon all the time, but loves him too.

Thanks Noami and welcome to the forum.

Why be a scriptwriter when you can be a FICWRITER??? o/ xD If you need a beta I'm here for you man! xD Anyway, I still think he's like Kurt, specially after last episode, when Sheldon mentions all the "sibling fighting technics" that he mastered xD Or maybe he just works in the church with his mom ._.''

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I have written a script. I have Sheldon’s brother being the big football star turned coach back home, they are from Texas after all. He gets hired by the San Diego Chargers to be the defensive line coach. Why San Diego? No, it’s not my favorite team. It is close enough to give the brother a recurring role if needed, while at the same time far enough away that he wouldn’t be expected in every episode. Naturally, he would have to be played by a large man. Like say, Abraham Benrubi.

well the other option is going all the way with the 'dumb as soup' line, and making SHeldons bro just another texas redneck. Could get the comedian does the "Let's go to the RIVER" jokes, wish I could remember his name.

• 1 year later...

Finally..

Leonard (to Howard and Raj) "I wonder what he looks like"

Howard "He's Sheldon's brother! He probably played Skeletor in the old He-man cartoons!"

NICE LINE!!

I think he should be a fisherman or oil rig guy...in SE TX, that is a good occupation...or he could have worked for NASA as a lower level type mechanic which is VERY impressive from a tool making type IQ, but to Sheldon it's derogatory. But got laid off from NASA and is looking to work in San Diego with the government somehow.

He is a well tanned, typical guy's guy around 38 not too good looking, but has his fair share of admirers, scruffy but has muscles is not fat LOVES baseball...which he can relate to the guys when it comes to physics.

Has a wife and 2 kids...and is faithful and kind, as he wants to be the polar opposite of his father as he was absent to Missy and Sheldon growing up, so he wants to make amends to both of them

Hmmmm, described myself! lol ;)

With a very good TX drawl y'all, say yonder, hankering and "there ya go" (a famous line I picked up in my 6 yrs of TX when you want a conversation to stop the direction it's heading and leave)

and most importantly, becomes really good friends with Howard, since Howard is an engineer and like you said he is a 1 woman guy, so Howard elicites advice on how can you ONLY be with one woman...and the brother says something in a TX colliquel style the woman viewers love like "Everytime you wake up to the same person to take the same ole bull by the horns and having each others back it's like waking up and seeing all over again for the first time Howie"

Be a good one episode and a one and done character I think