The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

Season 7 Leonard And Penny Appreciation Thread [Spoiler Free]

I've created this thread with Tripper's permission. If you want to talk about the various things you like about the couple, good things you think are happening with them, or just in general, want to post something positive about the couple, thats why this thread was created.

Please do not snipe or say derogatory things about any of the other threads. That is not the purpose.

This thread does not prevent anyone from posting things you like about the couple or debating someone else's opinion of the couple in the Season 7 Leonard and Penny Thread or in the Season 7 Spoiler thread.

This will be a spoiler free thread, this way everyone can post, without worrying if they are spoilers they may see. Usually, it's around two week from getting spoilers from the taping to when the show airs. I think we can wait for that long, and if not, there are the spoiler threads.

If there is something you don't like, something that bothers you about the couple, or you don't the direction the show has them moving in, Please put those comments The Leonard and Penny Season 7 spoiler thread, the Season 7 spoiler thread, or the character or episode threads.

Thanks

Edited by Tripper
  • Like 9

OK, I've gotten several PMs, and there are some (me included) who are concerned that The Leonard and Penny thread has gotten a bit, in some cases, just mean and nasty toward the characters and their pairing.

I've talked to Tripper about this, and so, if you want to continue to discuss things you think are wrong with the couple, things you don't like about the couple, or just want to be derogatory, towards the couple and the characters, by all means, continue to discuss it in the Season 7 Leonard and Penny Spoilers thread. It you want to talk about the various things you like about the couple, good things you think are happening with them, or just, in general, want to post something positive about the couple, without having to worry about someone bringing your feelings about it down, this is the place.

I've marked it as spoiler free, for now, so everyone can post and read, but I want to included spoilers (or I'm open to a tutorial on how to hide spoilers, so those who don't want to be spoiled can still view and post here, while those who want to see spoilers still can). Either PM me or leave a note in the thread on which way you'd like this to go.

AGAIN, THIS THREAD IS FOR POSITIVE COMMENTS AND THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT THE COUPLE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE COUPLE, OR YOU HAVE SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY, PLEASE MOVE OVER TO THE SEASON 7 LEONARD AND PENNY SPOILER THREAD.

I love the couple but I sometimes feel aggrieved at the way the writers are depicting them. Does that sort of comment belong here or on the other thread?

• Like 1

FINALLY! Thanks Tensor!

I love the way they have been written in S7 so far. I hope it continues and we get Penny's proposal this season. I think it's possible!

Edited by FileXxX

Here's hoping Penny gets a nice role in a movie or show and they actually show it on screen on screen :p

and may be have her rehearse her lines with Leonard faking that it was proposal script and slip the real proposal in....

• Like 1

Here's hoping Penny gets a nice role in a movie or show and they actually show it on screen on screen :p

and may be have her rehearse her lines with Leonard faking that it was proposal script and slip the real proposal in....

That's brilliant! I SO wanna see this now...

OK first thing.   I mentioned it in the opening post, only because there needed to be an explanation for the why of this thread.  It was pointed out to me that some of the comment could be negative toward the spoiler thread, so I took those out.  Calling out the spoiler thread or being negative about the other thread or posters in it,  isn't the purpose of this thread.  The purpose of this thread is to discuss what we love about the couple and characters.   Just be nice, we don't different threads sniping at each other.

@ajond  If you don't like the way they are being written, that would be something you don't like about them.  That should be in the Leonard and Penny spoiler thread, the spoiler thread, or the character threads.  

Edited by Tensor

I really enjoy the idea of this odd couple. They have been remarkable and unlikely. It's the princess and peasant mixed with the prince and Cinderella. She threw a his first birthday party for him, he rescued her treasure from the ogre. They have been through a lot. They battle oppression and tyranny together in the past and will again the future.

(Nice thread T)

One thing I like about L/P is that, as a shy, introverted type, I enjoy seeing someone who is not very conversant in the "social graces" finding someone who he wants to spend the rest of his life with, who loves him back.

• Like 2

I am glad to see a thread where we can simply talk about the positives of Lenny.  I love the whole opposites attract foundation of the relationship.  It seems that a lot of people think that a couple has to be a carbon copy of each other to become a couple, but that is not so.  I love how L/P build on each others strengths but also support each others weaknesses.  The latest episode is a great example of Penny supporting Leonard.  I really hope to see a real engagement before the season is finished. 

• Like 2

@tensor-great thread.

going to burbank for the show.(leaving the ny cold)

"GO TEAM HOFSTADTER"

• Like 3

@tensor-great thread.

going to burbank for the show.(leaving the ny cold)

"GO TEAM HOFSTADTER"

What do you mean? Taping?

I'm glad to have another Lenny thread, but I'm confused. I though the Leonard and Penny Spoiler thread was a Ship Zone. In fact, I distinctly remember Tripper stepping in to point out that it was. Has this been changed? If not, then the trolls have won.

On to topic, I have rewatched the most recent episode several times, and really love it. There were so many good Lenny moments, not the least of which was Leonard's comment to Penny to "take one for the team.". The contrast with the other two couples was stark, in keeping with the length of the relationship, and ultimately, the nature of the couple. Leonard and Penny have actually worked hard to get where they are, and they reflexively support each other. Penny doesn't manipulate Leonard. The beta test paradigm maintains, as she is up front to him about things that bug her. Some might comment that her disapproval of the first table was manipulation, but in reality, Leonard didn't really give a whit about which table. He pointed to the first one he saw. If they'd walked three more feet before he made the pronouncement, he would have chosen the one Penny liked.

I'm glad to have another Lenny thread, but I'm confused. I though the Leonard and Penny Spoiler thread was a Ship Zone. In fact, I distinctly remember Tripper stepping in to point out that it was. Has this been changed? If not, then the trolls have won.

The Leonard and Penny spoiler thread, is a ship zone, and no, it has not been changed. Also, it has nothing to do with trolls or the trolls winning. The ship zones were originally set up to prevent those who support one ship, from going in and being critical or negative about another ship. However, there are members of Leonard and Penny ship, who quite rightly have legitimate problems with the way a ship is shown or is written. (I can understand that there are pieces of Penny and Leonard's relationship, as shown, I have problems with). It becomes tricky as what is the difference between someone from another ship complaining about say, Leonard and Penny being snarky toward each other and someone who supports Leonard and Penny, but doesn't like how they have become snarky towards one another? If someone wants to talk about the problems that they perceive or things they think could be better, then fine, use the Penny and Leonard spoiler thread, the straight spoiler thread or the character or episode threads.

This is more a place to talk and post about things posters like about the couple or things they like about how they are shown, or how the couple is shown, etc. I also want to point out that posts in this thread should not make fun of the other thread or be derogatory of the other thread. Poster there have legitimate opinions that may not agree with those in this thread. That is no reason to mock them for their views and if you disagree, debate them, politely, in those other threads. Just post things here that you think are good about our favorite couple or post things we enjoy about the couple, the writing or how they are shown.

I'm not picking on you hammerman, you just asked a good question and it provides a way to put out an explanation.

• Like 1

The Leonard and Penny spoiler thread, is a ship zone, and no, it has not been changed. Also, it has nothing to do with trolls or the trolls winning. The ship zones were originally set up to prevent those who support one ship, from going in and being critical or negative about another ship. However, there are members of Leonard and Penny ship, who quite rightly have legitimate problems with the way a ship is shown or is written. (I can understand that there are pieces of Penny and Leonard's relationship, as shown, I have problems with). It becomes tricky as what is the difference between someone from another ship complaining about say, Leonard and Penny being snarky toward each other and someone who supports Leonard and Penny, but doesn't like how they have become snarky towards one another? If someone wants to talk about the problems that they perceive or things they think could be better, then fine, use the Penny and Leonard spoiler thread, the straight spoiler thread or the character or episode threads.This is more a place to talk and post about things posters like about the couple or things they like about how they are shown, or how the couple is shown, etc. I also want to point out that posts in this thread should not make fun of the other thread or be derogatory of the other thread. Poster there have legitimate opinions that may not agree with those in this thread. That is no reason to mock them for their views and if you disagree, debate them, politely, in those other threads. Just post things here that you think are good about our favorite couple or post things we enjoy about the couple, the writing or how they are shown.I'm not picking on you hammerman, you just asked a good question and it provides a way to put out an explanation.

I don't feel picked on, as I asked some questions that I needed answered. You are helping me. I am still trying to understand what is OK in this thread and what is OK in the other thread. I see the need for this one, as there were some contributors that were bearing down on what they don't like about Lenny to the point that it no longer appeared to be a ship zone as I understood the concept. Specifically, there were increasingly frequent posts by occasional contributors to the thread stating that because of one or another perceived problem in the couple, one partner should leave the other. In essence, Lenny should break up for some reason, particularly in favor of another pairing. For example, a nonregular contributor to the thread will state, without support, that Penny has a drinking problem, and that Leonard should leave her for some other minor character. To me, that violates the rule of a Ship Zone, as it advocates the break up of the couple. It is also inflammatory, which, as I understand it, is being a troll. The discussion is diverted to the troll's post.

So to clarify for me, it seems to me the rules of the threads are as follows:

This thread - Only good things about Penny, Leonard and their relationship will be discussed. It is assumed that everything is good with Lenny, and they will never break up, even temporarily. If one wishes to post about possible problems in the couple, even if the post is in agreement with the second rule, this is not the right place to bring that up. (Can other couples or characters be discussed in relationship to Lenny? For example, the most recent episode provided an examination of the three couples, inviting comparison. Could the positive aspects of Lenny be discussed with respect to the flaws in the other pairings?) A Ship Zone and a Spoiler Free Zone.

The Leonard and Penny Spoiler Thread (A Ship Zone) - The discussion is focused on Leonard, Penny and their relationship. It is assumed that they will never breakup up, but things might get rocky and need to be overcome in order for them to finally get married and live happily every after. Other couples can be mentioned as they pertain to Lenny (i.e. Shamy can be discussed as this relationship impacts on Lenny greatly). Negative aspects or problems in the couple can be discussed, but as a Ship Zone, the discussion should be promoting the couple and its success (I believe this rule is being violated regularly). For example, a discussion of how Lenny would be better if Leonard were more assertive would be OK. Repeatedly bringing up how, as Penny isn't behaving correctly or is ultimately unworthy of Leonard, a previously introduced minor character should be reintroduced so that Leonard could hook up with them, is not acceptable.

The other threads - Anything goes with respect to Leonard, Penny, and their relationship.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'll post some further questions shortly, as I want to be clear on the distinction between threads. I see the need for a Lenny Spoiler Free thread, but I'm trying to delineate what is OK here. I think the Leonard and Penny Spoiler Thread (Ship Zone) needs to change, possibly through more agressive moderation, but that is my opinion, and may be wrong. I will follow up, as I am not sure I fully explained my thoughts.

yes I am in Burbank for the show

• Like 3

Let me tell you, I'm SO excited to see the next episodes. The car scene, the talk in 7.18, the Proton episode. Oh my god, there are so many great things incoming.

:)

Leonard putting his money where his mouth is, showing Penny that he really does support her.  

• Like 5

Amazing episode, I'm full of good feelings right now and I keep rewatching.

The car scene was good ...

But it was pretty nice to see Penny lean on Leonard emotionally in the scene where she calls him and tells her problems to him....even though she seemed pretty pissed about the remarks that Leonard made earlier...

Edited by vasu
  • Like 3

I'm glad that they didn't show the "fight" in the beginning but moved right to the part where as Vasu stated above where there was support.  They aren't always going to agree but it's nice to not have to focus on that.

Which is the reason for this thread!!!

• Like 2

But it was pretty nice to see Penny lean on Leonard emotionally in the scene where she calls him and tells her problems to him....even though she seemed pretty pissed about the remarks that Leonard made earlier...

Totally agree with you.

The hallway scene really broke my heart. She was so, SO sad about going back to TCF... Leonard is there and rubs her arm, trying to make her feel better. I love how she told Leonard right away, seperated from the group. Buying her a car was the best move ever!

The hallway scene really broke my heart. She was so, SO sad about going back to TCF... Leonard is there and rubs her arm, trying to make her feel better. I love how she told Leonard right away, seperated from the group. Buying her a car was the best move ever!

. Loved this part of the episode. That she wanted to tell him ALONE. Great great great TBBT moment!!!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

• Like 3