The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 Dvd & Blu-Ray

When will Season 7 be released on DVD?

The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in the United States and Canada on Tuesday, September 16. The DVD and Blu-ray are set to be released in the United Kingdom on Monday, September 8. No release details for Australia or New Zealand are available yet.

Pre-order your copy today:

The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 DVD & Blu-ray - Region 1, North America

The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 will be released on DVD & Blu-ray in the United States and Canada on Tuesday, September 16. Amazon are now accepting pre-orders again!

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 DVD from Amazon.com 

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 Blu-ray from Amazon.com

The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 DVD & Blu-ray - Region 2, Europe

The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 will be released on DVD & Blu-ray in the United Kingdom and Ireland on Monday, September 8.

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 DVD from Amazon.co.uk

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 Blu-ray from Amazon.co.uk

Seasons 1-7 will also be released on DVD & Blu-ray box-sets:

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Seasons 1-7 DVD from Amazon.co.uk

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Seasons 1-7 Blu-ray from Amazon.co.uk

The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 DVD & Blu-ray - Region 4, Australia and New Zealand

The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 will be released on DVD & Blu-ray in Australia and New Zealand on Wednesday, September 17.

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 DVD from MightyApe.com.au

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 Blu-ray from MightyApe.com.au

• Like 3

I guess in Germany we have to wait a little longer like usually. There is no release date on amazon right now. 

But it won't be so much later, I hope. :D

Warner Home Video have announced the release of The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 DVD and Blu-ray. The box-sets will be released in the U.S. and Canada on Tuesday, September 16.

The releases will include all twenty-four episodes from the 2013/14 season of The Big Bang Theory along with new bonus features. Here's the list of the included features: String Theory Serenade, James Earl Jones: The Un-Conventional Guest Star, BBTea Time, The Big Bang Theory's May the 4th, The Big Cendrowski, 2013 Comic-Con Panel, Johnny Galecki Crashes the BBT Writers Panel, and Gag Reel.

The Big Bang Theory Season 7 can not currently be pre-ordered from Amazon.com, perhaps owning to a dispute between Amazon and Warner Bros. However, you can sign up to have Amazon notify you when they are accepting pre-orders. Canadians can order The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 DVD and Blu-ray now from Amazon.ca.

In the United Kingdom, The Big Bang Theory: Season 7 DVD and Blu-ray will be released on Monday, September 8 and is available to pre-order from Amazon.co.uk. Also released on that day is a Seasons 1-7 DVD and Blu-ray box-set. Release dates for Australia and New Zealand are not yet available.

It comes out here the day I fly to LA!! Ill have to go get it in the morning

Amazon's strong arming of Warner Bros will only serve to drive business elsewhere. Disc prices aren't all that much better than Target, say; the advantage to Amazon is getting discs that you normally can't find on the shelves, as places like Target concentrate on the newest stuff. I'll just get S7 at Target when it comes out. Amazon can kiss my hairy white ass. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was able to pre-order from Amazon no problem.  In fact, I got got an eamil today from them about shipping:

Your new estimated delivery date is:
            Friday, September 19, 2014 - Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I was able to pre-order from Amazon no problem.  In fact, I got got an eamil today from them about shipping:

Yes, me too. I received a confirmation today.

"Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."

That's what I get when I try. So fine, I can wait until Target has them on the shelves. :)

Weird. Maybe because I pre-ordered it a while ago, before this dispute started? I dunno.

Weird. Maybe because I pre-ordered it a while ago, before this dispute started? I dunno.

That might be it. No biggie either way, September is a long way off. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Yes, that would explain it. The DVD was available to pre-order from last September until mid-May, when Amazon reverted to the "Sign up to be notified" page. All orders made before they took the pre-order page down will still stand, but it's not possible to pre-order with Amazon right now.

--

I'm considering whether to add alternative links on the site. Amazon is the site we usually link to for DVDs, since people generally prefer to shop there, they convert better (more people buy something when landing at Amazon than anywhere else we link) and their commission on DVDs is generally better than others. Still, it's very discouraging to not have the DVD up for pre-order right now. The newest season DVD is the bulk of our clicks to Amazon and usually pre-orders build throughout the summer.

Yes, that would explain it. The DVD was available to pre-order from last September until mid-May, when Amazon reverted to the "Sign up to be notified" page. All orders made before they took the pre-order page down will still stand, but it's not possible to pre-order with Amazon right now.

--

I'm considering whether to add alternative links on the site. Amazon is the site we usually link to for DVDs, since people generally prefer to shop there, they convert better (more people buy when landing at Amazon than anywhere else we link) and their commission rates on DVDs are better than everybody else. Still, it's very discouraging to not have the DVD up for pre-order right now. The newest season DVD is a big driver of sales to Amazon and we are usually building up pre-orders throughout the summer. The pre-order page being down for an extended period will undoubtedly have an effect on us.

I pre-ordered on Play.com , always free shipping to the Netherlands is a big +

I'm planning on buying them from Target--they often have sale prices for new releases in the first days of the release.  And if you're looking for previous seasons, they sometimes put the older seasons on sale when the new season comes out.  That's how I completed part of my collection at one point.

I must say, I like the dvd cover better than the bluray one, but oh well.

The Blu-ray cover looks like the temporary one that Amazon has been using for months. (If you'll notice, there's no "Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet/whatever" band at the top.) I'm thinking that the final Blu-ray artwork will look similar to, if not exactly like the DVD cover.

• Like 1

I must say, I like the dvd cover better than the bluray one, but oh well.

The Blu-ray image hasn't been updated yet from the initial "holding" image, so I don't think that's the final art. It will most likely match the DVD.

Is it different than what we get through iTunes?

No, the iTunes version includes all the special features found on the DVD/Blu-ray. The iTunes versions used to be episodes only/no special features, but this season they're all there. In fact, the iTunes version also has some of the bonus features from the Season 6 DVD.