The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.19 'the Indecision Amalgamation' (April 3)

Your Episode Rating  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I actually thought it was the best episode of the season. I agree the funniest lines were by Amy and Bernadette. Everyone seemed to have a moment. To me though the star couple of the night wasn't Lenny, Shamy, or Howdette it was Ramily. It's not always easy to root for Raj but this time I didn't want him to screw things up and he didn't. Emily was so understanding of him. As others have mentioned earlier they looked like a good match. Hopefully Raj doesn't screw this up.

In regards to Penny and her acting career I think the movie can only help her career. Acting in something is better than nothing. Her doing the movie was the right decision.

The Shamy part of the episode I have to admit was very hysterical but TBH the least important. Raj getting a girlfriend and Penny getting her career going at this time need to happen much more than Sheldon deciding if he should get a Xbox or not.

I really did like Emily and Raj as well and typically he is my least favorite story that I enjoy because they write him so poorly.  But this time they seemed to get someone for him that works well for him.  She finds him adorable and amusing, quirkls and all and likes him for who he is.  That is so refreshing.  She is also pretty, intelligent and an equal.  I really like the match.  I look forward to the episodes ahead that have been including her in them.   Should be fun!

• Like 1

I'm so mad I missed more than half of the episode because of the stupid weather report, I know they have to report bad weather for safety and such but seriously during TBBT??? I'm only thankful that the episode got cut right after the Shamy kissing scene otherwise I'd be bawling, at least I got to see it.

I was enjoying this episode a lot;  I loved Bernardette's card story, and I loved that Rajesh FINALLY had a normal conversation with a woman, hallelujah! anyway, I'll watch it tomorrow after they post it online and find out what else happened. 

My favorite line was Leonard telling Penny: "well, I wouldn't eat the bananas" (paraphrasing) I thought that was hilarious, and I was so happy to see Leonard and Penny had a loving/fun/positive exchange instead of the bickering from last episodes. 

Edited by BipolarBear

I loved this episode--each story was funny and cute.

I loved Bernie's card story--I've almost made mistakes like that. We pass "cards" around at work and one time I wasn't sure if I was signing someone's birthday card or a get well card...or signed it to the wrong person, like "Happy Birthday, Amy!" when it was Linda's birthday... :confused:

It's very easy when you don't really look at the front of the card.

Anyway, her story was funny and the girls' reactions were funny, too. That was a great scene. Didn't have to be earth-shattering or "significant", but it was just dang funny. :)

I loved that Sheldon is comfortable with Amy and can totally let go with his nerdy obsession, even though she was kind of goofing on him. And PLEASE. PASS. THE. BUTTER! was absolutely priceless and I loved Sheldon's expression. :)

And can I just have a spasm over that kiss, please?! I loved Amy's shy reminder to Sheldon, the way he takes her waist to kiss her, the way her eyebrow quirked up a bit, the way she just kind of enjoyed him kissing her (even though she isn't quite kissing him back yet--does she really know how?) and the way he talked while not giving up on that kiss, and then her stunned/dreamy stance at the end.

Yowza!!

I had been kind of hooked on the idea of Yvette the Vet, but I'm really liking Emily. I like that she was willing to give Raj some room to make some little mistakes without blowing him off, was willing to let him work through the Lucy thing, and seemed genuinely charmed by him. I'm liking her. And if she's already got some common interests with Amy, she might fit in well with the gang, if it goes that far.

And poor Penny with her gorilla hands... :lol: I loved Wil coming in to try to help her work through it, only to find himself sinking into depression. :lmao:

I loved the bit about "were you dating someone else when we first started dating?" I think the structure of that bit was perfect, in the 3-times tradition. ;)

And Raj's "panty dropper" romantic/sexy story was good, too. I loved Leonard's reaction!

And I loved!loved!loved! the Best Buy scene--Sheldon's voice cracking a bit while he's continuing to weigh the two systems (and the way Jim's legs are LOOONNNGG!!!), the way she's totally slumped against him(!) and the way he just falls apart, first when the clerk tells them the store is closed and then again when he doesn't know what he wants to eat (and you can still hear the tears in his voice when he finds the quarter. :lol: )

And the PEATON! The gorilla hands, the orangutan bikini, poor little Wil making a gorilla movie. Perfect tag!

Others have said this, but I also want to see the red carpet premiere of Serial Apeist 2: Monkey See, Monkey Kill! somewhere in the last 2 episodes!

Excellent episode all around! :D

• Like 4

Great episode all around!  Lots of laughs from all the storylines.  I also think Amy and Bernie were on fire tonight...the butter scene was hysterical (Sheldon, do not get between this woman and her butter!) and Bernie's "I like the Wii" delivered with that perky, innocent smile was great!

Even some of the smaller moments were spot on...Howard "Were you like this when I married you?"...Leonard's gentle teasing of Penny (I think Johnny Galecki has some of the best reaction shots, whether a really genuine smile or befuddlment ;-)

Fingers crossed TPTB let Raj have a little happiness with Emily...they seem like a good match so far.  "Or normal words and a charming smile...", Oh that Raj, he can be quite the charmer...

The Shamy was full of extra Shamy goodness tonight...wonder if "Date Night Kisses" are now in the Relationship Agreement!?  Surely Sheldon would not neglect the RA, ha!  I felt for the poor Shamy at Best Buy (though still laughed really hard!!).  Mayim and Jim both had some great line delivery in that scene for sure.

Agree it was one of the most entertaining of the season so far. :-)

Oh, how could I forget the "Wheatooonnn"...love him!  Seems like we might see him again before the season is out...here's hoping!  (now seeing in other posts that he and Penny have been dubbed "Peaton"...ah, ha, ha, ha!)

Edited by bhreg
  • Like 3

I loved Sheldon's, "Thanks, grandma!" reply to Bernie's line about the Wii.  It reminded me of how Craig used to tell Jim to "Get with it, granddad!" when he found out Jim wasn't on twitter or whatever.  My sister and I have said that to each other, so that "grandma" line just struck me a little funnier. :biggrin:

• Like 3

OMG the pass the butter scene was the best scene this season by far, even beating the first SIK!!

• Like 2

That smile Sheldon has before the kiss is priceless. That's the smile of a man in love! :)

• Like 8

I hadn't laughed like that watching TBBT since... well I don't really remember. Great episode all around! I think what made it really effective was the fact that no plot was boring, and I love Emily, so witty, nice and charming!

• Like 3

This is probably the only episode where I didn't mind having 3 plots in 30mins. Penny's career, Sheldon's having a hard time making a decision, and Raj having girl problems. Great job on the episode. Love the "Please Pass the BUTTER!" line. I like that theyre giving Raj some social life. Also liked the Card situation. It's both sad and funny at the same time.

I was surprised though when Sheldon forgot something. I thought he doesn't forget anything. Hope i'm right when I say that an idetic memory doesn't forget information. I ignored that he forgot his flash drive in the train to San Francisco and saw the "Terminator" on board, but I classified that as a task more than information. But this date night I would assume is written on their agreement and what is written on paper is information, so why did he forget. (case in point, amy asks him if he was forgetting something)

Can' understand the over-the-top reaction to this Ep The pass the butter scene was not bad and B's scenes about the card were also OK. The rest was average. R's date ,WW scene - not funny. LP interaction was strained and was more suited to a couple iiin their early fairly awkward dating rather than a loving committed couple.

Loved the episode!

best scenes:

- Amys reactions during the dinner with Sheldon *LOL*

- the Shamy kiss *awwwwwwwwwwwwww*

- Shamy shopping

- Pennys " Beam me up" *LOL*

- the end with Penny and Wil Wheaton *LOL*

I am completely braindead too from getting very little sleep last night due to rewatching the episode again and again, so I'll probably have more interesting things to say when I recover, but I just wanted to join in all the others who say that this might be the best episode of the season so far.

It might not be tackle big topics or be as heavy, plot wise, as Romance Resonance, Cooper Extraction or Mommy Observation, but it truly was the first time where 3 plots in one episode did not feel like too much, where all the characters displayed their best sides, where the comedy was spot on and the use of guest stars was brilliant. It's like all the pieces truly fit together in one flawless episode, there isn't one line I would change about it. It just goes to show that in order to make good, solid, funny episodes the mean, snarky, outrageous humor is not necessary (and, indeed, here it was deflected onto characters other than the main 7, like Bernie's colleague or poor Wheaton being miserable over his career). 

I am totally on board with the Serial Apeist premiere as a gang-focused-episode in the last two episodes, or even as a two-parter. It would make my day. 

• Like 7

Writers love their metaphors.

You can take my word on that as an English Major, concentration in Creative Writing.

About the only thing that's good for.

Except fan fic, of course.

Also, I completely disagree that this was light, plot wise. The biggest issues this forum argues about where progressed here: Sheldon's "deal" and the way his romance with Amy is changing him, Penny's career, which is an A plot this season, carrying over several episodes, and clear evidence of Leonard's support as he script reads with her and talks to her about her choice to take it or not. So Lenny issues as well. And Raj's love life, including Lucy, again his big plot line since he got over his selective mutism. This has had multiple episodes dedicated to it since last season.

The mastery is that they hit 3 of their show/season story arcs into one episode and kept it funny and light-hearted enough that it didn't feel anvilicious or melodramatic. It was ALL major plot, And that's why it's one of the best episodes of the season.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 9

Well, it's my birthday and I'm toasted, but I'll try to make one coherent point here because I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet: the dialogue during the kiss was just masterfully laden with the witty type of flirting I love from old black-and-white movies, particularly the Thin Man couple, Nick and Nora.

Have I mentioned something "lights up." - in the middle of a kiss

No.

Oh I want to reassure you IT DOES.

I mean, DO YOU GET IT? The innuendo there is simply superb. Bravo to the writers for that whole moment, every single thing about it was delightful.

Funny, Chrismo, that you missed the gorilla gloves! I wonder what could motivate such selective observation. In any case, thanks for the compliment.

Wow, I did NOT see that and I read sexual innuendo into everything! Awesome point! (I was an English major as well, so shame on me!) 

Happy belated birthday!

Writers love their metaphors.

You can take my word on that as an English Major, concentration in Creative Writing.

About the only thing that's good for.

Except fan fic, of course.

Also, I completely disagree that this was light, plot wise. The biggest issues this forum argues about where progressed here: Sheldon's "deal" and the way his romance with Amy is changing him, Penny's career, which is an A plot this season, carrying over several episodes, and clear evidence of Leonard's support as he script reads with her and talks to her about her choice to take it or not. So Lenny issues as well. And Raj's love life, including Lucy, again his big plot line since he got over his selective mutism. This has had multiple episodes dedicated to it since last season.

The mastery is that they hit 3 of their show/season story arcs into one episode and kept it funny and light-hearted enough that it didn't feel anvilicious or melodramatic. It was ALL major plot, And that's why it's one of the best episodes of the season.

Ha, I knew as soon as I posted "big plots" that I was going to be called out on it. :p LOL. I know, I agree, I didn't express myself clearly enough (blame the lack of sleep). I meant the bold part by "big and heavy". That they managed to tackle various issues without drama or angst or tension or arguments or having anyone get upset so that they could get their point across. I agree that everything was handled extremely, extremely well. We need more of this kind of episodes, IMO. 

• Like 4

Funny, Chrismo, that you missed the gorilla gloves! I wonder what could motivate such selective observation. In any case, thanks for the compliment.

Your welcome. I think my avatar gives away my selective observation.
  • Like 1

Definitely noticed the metaphor.   Love how these writers threw that in there.  :girlwink:

Would love to see a Serial Apeist premiere as well and hope they can feel they can go there since they just had it starting to film in this episode.  We shall see, but it would be loads of fun.

Here is a review from TVFanatic on the episode:  http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014/04/the-big-bang-theory-review-bikini-penny-adorable-raj-and-indecis/#.Uz64ocjSroo.twitter

• Like 1

Maybe it's a stupid question, but could someone, please-please, explain me, what "wii" means???

Wii is a game console.  It's rather old now and was replaced by the WiiU late last year.  The joke is that it's not that powerful of a game system and a lot of older people play it.  It's sort of the CBS of game consoles.