The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.19 'the Indecision Amalgamation' (April 3)

Your Episode Rating  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I thought it was a cute, kind of light episode :) It was pretty funny as well, I completely lost it at bernies "I like the wii" line  :blum: I also loved to little part with Raj and Emily, I thought it was adorable :3 OH and the tage scene too :3

And of course the 2nd SIK was pretty great too :) But I have to admit, the first SIK will always be my favourite simply because it was kind of the catalyst for all the Sheldon changes and developments were seeing (IMO) Plus, it was just so friggin beautiful/unexpected/spontaneous/romantic/I should really stop using slashes now/ya :3

Edited by KiwiIcedTea

Wii is a game console.  It's rather old now and was replaced by the WiiU late last year.  The joke is that it's not that powerful of a game system and a lot of older people play it.  It's sort of the CBS of game consoles.  

YAY! Thank you very much!!

Can' understand the over-the-top reaction to this Ep The pass the butter scene was not bad and B's scenes about the card were also OK. The rest was average. R's date ,WW scene - not funny. LP interaction was strained and was more suited to a couple iiin their early fairly awkward dating rather than a loving committed couple.

I actually thought the L/P interaction especially when they were looking over the script was one of their better moments. They were discussing if Penny should do the movie. Leonard was the one that thought she should do it. She seemed to listen to him and I thought he was the reason that she did it. You appear to be in the minority in regards to liking the episode. I think at times, and I've done this too, that you look for something specific to happen and when it doesn't you're disappointed. Just a theory. I said earlier that I laughed hard and totally enjoyed the episode. And I'm not a big Raj and Sheldon fan.
  • Like 4

First thing I did after the episode was google Wil Wheaton's filmography to see what movies he did after 'Stand By Me', um yeah, Toy Soldiers was pretty good, but other than that I can see what he was talking about, pretty bad, still think it was unfair he was exclude from the Star Trek TNG movies - love that he ended up working on a movie with Penny - I wouldn't mind see some jealosy develope between Wil and Leonard. I enjoyed Bernadette and the card she sent, that had me laughing out loud, I liked Shamy's date night, I didn't understand Sheldon's indecision over which gaming system to buy though , it was stated during the robbery episode that he owned all of the gaming systems, so why not  buy both? - Raj's dating two women wasn't as funny as I was expecting, but I'm guessing that will lead to more down the line, over all I didn't think it was a great episode, but they are are all good, just varying degrees of good :)

Edited by luke

Taking out the various ships and OMG moments of TBBT, they do for me consistently what I expect them to do - and that is make me laugh...

• Like 1

First thing I did after the episode was google Wil Wheaton's filmography to see what movies he did after 'Stand By Me', um yeah, Toy Soldiers was pretty good, but other than that I can see what he was talking about, pretty bad, still think it was unfair he was exclude from the Star Trek TNG movies - love that he ended up working on a movie with Penny - I wouldn't mind see some jealosy develope between Wil and Leonard. I enjoyed Bernadette and the card she sent, that had me laughing out loud, I liked Shamy's date night, I didn't understand Sheldon's indecision over which gaming system to buy though , it was stated during the robbery episode that he owned all of the gaming systems, so why not  buy both? - Raj's double date night wasn't as funny as I was expecting, but I'm guessing that will lead to more down the line, over all I didn't think it was a great episode, but they are are all good, just varying degrees of good :)

I didn't totally get the gaming thing either. In regards to Raj/Emily I don't think the point was to make it that funny. The point more was he didn't screw it up.

still think it was unfair he was exclude from the Star Trek TNG movies

He had a cameo appearance in Star Trek: Nemesis, but almost all of it was cut; you only catch a glimpse of him during the Riker/Troi wedding scene that opens the movie. Which is probably for the best, as IMHO Nemesis was the worst of the TNG films.

As far as buying both systems.  It was stated in the episode that he couldn't buy both, because he only has one slot in the entertainment center (similar to his being short one slot in his wallet).  When Amy offered to buy both, and then buy a new entertainment center, Sheldon's answer to buying  a new entertainment center was, "But, which one?".  

• Like 2

I liked this episode, i think i give it a solid 8/10.

I breezed through some reviews on the net and many gave it a 4.6/5 or an 8.8/10...maybe it's because i have a bit of a high standard now, but i didn't think it was a great episode. It was good-very good.

They did a pretty good job putting three different story lines into the table and achieving something positive with it. The main Laughs came with the Shamy plot and we also saw them interact and that's always a positive. The Penny-Leonard plot was interesting, it moved the Apist story forward although maybe more could have been done with the actual filming of the thing (they could have done this plot with more detail but still satisfactory), and the Raj storyline was also nice and well implemented. 

About Lucy...At the beginning i felt VERY sympathetic to her character, but after she decided to end the relationship, and also how she acted in several episodes, she doesn't really leave me with a craving for more. I'd rather see Raj go through a part of his life with this new girl, but maybe the writers can do something where he both learns from this new more sociable girl (Emily is it?), but he also learns and helps lucy learn together so that he experiences different dynamics and regardless of the result comes out a more mature person.

I think that the episode had plenty of "Classic" moments such as Amy pretending and exaggerating in the dinner table :D, and the whole interaction from start to finish in the electronics store.

I did think that Amy offering sheldon a PS4, an Xbox, and an Entertainment system was too much.

Good episode, i've been watching season 7 too quickly so i will have to go back and appreciate the episodes more in the end to see what the highlights and best episodes were more clearly.

Good episode. But about Shamy....

They have had alot of nice moments but i think that throughout the 6th and 7th seasons they made some of the sweeter moments so fragmented, which has resulted in me personally feeling like the cute relationship between them has not been shown as much as it could. It has seemed a bit fragmented to me, when in fact maybe the writers could have done more to keep a steady flow, right now i feel like an actual Story Arc portion in a future season will have to happen for me to really feel an even more tangible progress between the two. Instead of making the relationship a bit more consistent, the writers decided to take it more slow, and everything absolutely everything was made clear in the penultimate episode of season 6 where they go inside sheldon's room and we pretty much get the sense that things will go slow, but that they want each other. 

But's its still good.  I personally feel the deep Shamy moments amongst the most powerful moments in recent memory.

As far as buying both systems.  It was stated in the episode that he couldn't buy both, because he only has one slot in the entertainment center (similar to his being short one slot in his wallet).  When Amy offered to buy both, and then buy a new entertainment center, Sheldon's answer to buying  a new entertainment center was, "But, which one?".

In reality though odds are this will never be brought up on another episode.

The perfect solution would have been for Sheldon to buy one and Amy buy the other, then Sheldon could have played with both until he decided which one he liked best.

• Like 1

LOL!

tumblr_inline_n3ik8mT5x71r5zf3v.jpg

OMC! I was trying to zoom in to see who the writer of Serial Apeist was!!!! I did not notice the vanity card. LMAO VINCE GILLIGAN! *DIES*

• Like 5

I'm quite sure the writers could have come up with a reductio ad absurdum as to why they couldn't.

• Like 2

I'm quite sure the writers could have come up with a reductio ad absurdum as to why they couldn't.

I read some absurd comments online too like "If Sheldon were a true nerd he would buy both, take them apart and build his own" or something and it just made me facepalm. First of all, we run once again up against people who think they are the definition of "true nerd" and expect everyone to represent them. Second, they forget that Sheldon is not much of an engineer at all (M.O.N.T.E. anyone?), third, I found the whole situation perfectly in tune with Sheldon's personality, and, lastly, and more importantly, it's a sitcom. The comedy was in the fact that he could *not* buy both. If he had come to a solution then where's the comedy? 

• Like 6

The comedy was in the fact that he could *not* buy both. If he had come to a solution then where's the comedy?

Some wag suggested that the reason there was no decision was because neither Sony or Microsoft would pay product placement fees.

He had a cameo appearance in Star Trek: Nemesis, but almost all of it was cut; you only catch a glimpse of him during the Riker/Troi wedding scene that opens the movie. Which is probably for the best, as IMHO Nemesis was the worst of the TNG films.

Now that you mention it I do remember Wil's cameo in Nemesis - and I agree that Nemesis as well as Insurrection were the weakest of the Star Trek movies, I haven't seen either in a long time though, so maybe my opinion would improve on a rewatch - I wish they could have at least worked Wesley into First Contact, that was a great movie, they could have left him behind to help Cochran with his work or something - I hope they can work him into the new series of Star Trek films, but in any case I am glad that he has a recurring gig on TBBT - the Wil Wheaton episodes are always a lot of fun :)

Edited by luke
  • Like 1

I loved the part when Raj was showing Penny how romantic he was. Leonard says "that's enough". Kunal is sooo handsome;-)

Edited by ChrisK
  • Like 3

Hilarious!  IMO one of the best episodes of the year all the way around.  The L/P storyline with Will Wheaton was good.  I liked how Leonard was going over the script with Penny.  It also appeared to be his idea to talk with Will Wheaton which I thought was a great idea.  The raj storyline was very good.  I liked the way that they showed this couple and I hope they keep it going.  These parts were all real good.

However, I think Shamy stole the show.  Sheldon's delima over which game system to get was priceless, Jim and Miyam were both great.  The part with them in the store after it closed was great but the best scene in my opinion was date night and her "pass the butter". 

Excellent episode. 

• Like 6

"PLEASE! PASS! THE BUTTER!!!" is going to go down as one of the all-time best Amy moments, along with "Oh, it's a tiara!" and every scene in "The Fish Guts Displacement". :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Okay so I didn't get to see the episode last night because I went to marathon screening of Captain America 2 Winter Solider (Which was AWESOME btw) ;)   But I watch this episode this morning twice it was so adorable.  I haven't liked an episode this much since Locomotion Manipulation.   The SHAMY FEELS were FANTASTIC and it was all around FUNNY episode, nothing too serious or annoying from any of the characters :)  FINALLY!!

1.  SHAMY KISS AGAIN -  Best part of episode for me in case you haven't noticed already I'm a big SHAMY shipper.  But yes, this kiss was just as great as first SIK but in a totally different way.  I noticed several things, his adorable smile before he did it, the fact that Amy didn't have to tell him exactly what to do before he did it he knew what she meant already when she said " Its DATE NIGHT aren't you forgetting something"   The way Sheldon put BOTH arms and hands on her waist this time, not just one hand.  He closes his eyes again and then when he spoke during the kiss he kept smiling.  The way he takes control during their kissing scenes now is perfection.  Its amazing how he has such a hard time choosing between XBOX one or PS4, but when it comes to kissing Amy, no hesistation and no overthinking it he just goes for it and enjoys it.  OH YEAH!! These two are going making smart quirky adorable weird beautiful babies someday.

2.  The Raj storyline - PLEASE WRITERS I BEG DONT SCREW THINGS UP WITH THIS EMILY GIRL PLEASE!!!!!   We don't have a red head in the group and based on hair color alone that makes her a good choice! LOL  Also, she is willing to accept his weirdness and there is so much they could do with her.   We all know now Lucy isn't going to work out so dating two women thing better just be a joke cause Raj is just too sweet and adorable to be a Playa.   Only thing is I'm still wondering what the hell happened with YVETTE the vet, did the writers just forget she existed or what cause I didn't!?  I mean he calls her she gives him her phone number they flirt at the Vet office and then we never hear what happened with her, it would have made more since if Yvette was the "other woman" besides Emily not Lucy and they had him go out with both and try to weigh the plus sides and negative sides of dating both of them.   It would have tied in better with way Sheldon was weighing the two gaming systems, Raj could have been waiting pros and cons of dating each girl and then made a final decision to choose one of them because the other turns out to be a total psycho or a man or something.   But, whatever if we don't hear about Yvette again fine, I just hope they don't do something stupid like wait until everyone is into Emily and make her really funny likeable character with Raj then have them break up only to bring Yvette in much later after everyone practically forgot she exist like *cough Alex * cough*  Honestly writers just pick one and stick with it.  Raj needs a woman in his life so we can see him not only grow as a person, but the hilarity of trying to juggle dating a woman between, his love for science/all things geek, his love for Howard, his family and their expectations and his own quirky weirdness that makes him look like a fool in front of girls.  Raj is funniest when he has something more to do than meddle in the relationships of the other main couples on the show, its his turn to get his own chick!

3.  Bernadette storyline - Not that heavy or detailed, but funny I like that she actually wanted her friends to weigh in on whether it made her a bad person, but really its obvious she just wanted an excuse to tell them what she did.  Made for hilarious reactions from the gang, also the part when she said to Sheldon "I like the Wii!!"  haha that made me laugh out loud harder than it should have, but it was perfect timing as usual.  She just makes anything bad or serious or stupid just seem adorable and cutesy got love her for that.  They should give her more unique story lines as well cause Penny and Amy get plenty of them, I'd like to see Bernadette have something important going on equivalent to Penny's acting career storyline and Amy's quest to get Sheldon to marry her and have sex storyline.   So far its all just really small random stuff like the stuff they usually gave Raj in the past.  But it worked for this particular episode. :)

4.  The cameo from Wil Wheaton was good, little too serious I thought at first until the ending scene that was GENIUS!! The Orangtaun with a bikni shoot he should so Moderator the TBBT panel and Comic Con wearing that or fans should go dressed in that cause that costume is priceless.  The sad stuff he said about being an actor and how hard it is was very honest and truthful so kudos on him for saying that while "ACTING" but I'm not sure if that scene was suppose to make us feel sorry for Wil of TBBT,  Wil Wheaton the real person in real life or more sorry for Penny cause chances of her getting as far as even Wil has acting wise is pretty much less than Raj's chances of getting a stable happy normal relationship with a woman that lasts before the show ends.  

5.  I'm so glad Leonard got to be shown as being supportive of Penny's decisions without trying to take over things this time or made to look like a jerk because he simply disagrees with her on something.  Often times he tries to help her it ends up backfiring on him because of how Penny reacts to it and that isn't fair to Leonard in my opinion so I'm glad they didn't do that this time.  He just helped her out because she wanted him too and she didn't get all mean and bitchy about it like she usually does when he tries to help her.

Overall I thought it was an excellent episode, looking forward to the next one until then I leave you all with this my favorite scene from this episode 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDhjLaVyAOE&list=UUqg-HMr6ySAhGGunT_QDClw

Edited by Tripper
Removed a spoiler from the next episode.

Regarding Wil Wheaton's confession about soul-sucking jobs and depression, do you think the writers purposely put that in as a sly nod to Wil's real-life issues with depression (which he occasionally talks about on his blog)? Perhaps it wasn't intentional, but it probably hit pretty close to home for him.

Regarding Wil Wheaton's confession about soul-sucking jobs and depression, do you think the writers purposely put that in as a sly nod to Wil's real-life issues with depression (which he occasionally talks about on his blog)? Perhaps it wasn't intentional, but it probably hit pretty close to home for him.

I'm wondering if they questioned him about it and he assisted in writing it.  As you point out, he has written about his depression and he is self-depreciating enough to help get laughs from it.