The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.20 'the Relationship Diremption' (April 10)

Your Episode Rating  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

As for who wants Old Howard back - sadly there are a lot of people who pine for old, sleazy, creepy Howard to return. I'm glad he's not around and I loved "boring old married Howard," probably because I don't think he's remotely boring and I still find him very funny. Even with the small amount he's had to do this season, Simon as managed to shine and he makes every single one of his lines count. He is hilarious and seriously needs to be better considered for an Emmy nomination.

As for Penny being upset if Emily hits on Leonard....Jesus, Emily hasn't even met them yet. And why would she hit on Leonard anyway? Very weird leap of logic to jump to there. I'm not worried about Emily hitting on Leonard. I think that was Alex's job, and now that she's done being a foil for Sheldon and Lenny, she's mostly been relegated to the background.

• Like 9

And Penny shouldn't propose to Leonard because we've already seen that. :icon_rolleyes:

Well, we should have an un-drunk Penny Proposal.  Then one in bed.  Leonard needs to be drunk.   Sheldon was different as it was more a style than a haircut.  :p

Edited by Tensor

How the heck does Emily having a passing acquaintance with Howard (they didn't even really have a date) have anything to do with Howard reverting to his "old ways"? His story of how they knew each other was only about a blind date set-up, not about him doing something perverted or sleazy, or about him womanizing. He had a date with her and something very embarrassing happened before the date even happened.

And as Lio said, why would anyone think that Emily would hit on Leonard? She wasn't trying to hit on Howard. Maybe she'll hit on Sheldon, or Barry, or Stuart, because any new girl just has to be a threat. :icon_rolleyes:

Whatever happens with Emily, it's not going to be about Leonard or Howard.

As for old Howard, I think that there was little left to do along those lines without it getting old really fast. How often can you have poor hapless, deluded Howard thinking he's some kind of slick ladies' man, forever scamming women and getting shot down, or maybe having the occasional one-night stand?

I think it was great the way he met Bernie and realized that she was really the one for him. We did see glimpses of the fact that what Howard really wanted was love, not just sex. He couldn't do the "friends-with-benefits" thing without his heart getting broken.

In Bernie, he has someone who loves him in spite of his flaws, and that's all any of us can hope for.

I think it's great to see him learning how to be a husband, not just a womanizer.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 3

Maybe she'll hit on Sheldon, or Barry, or Stuart, because any new girl just has to be a threat. :icon_rolleyes:

Whatever happens with Emily, it's not going to be about Leonard or Howard.

She has to hit on Stuart, or Stuart asks her out. It's TBBT tradition. Just before a relationship gets upgraded, Stuart has to go out the the woman in the relationship, as the catalyst. He's dated Penny, and she called him Leonard said she didn't want Leonard to leave for the north pole. Then, he dated Amy, and her and Sheldon became boyfriend/girlfriend on the date. Emily is next, if she's the one for Raj.

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 1

She has to hit on Stuart, or Stuart asks her out. It's TBBT tradition. Just before a relationship gets upgraded, Stuart has to go out the the woman in the relationship, as the catalyst. He's dated Penny, and she called him Leonard said she didn't want Leonard to leave for the north pole. Then, he dated Amy, and her and Sheldon became boyfriend/girlfriend on the date. Emily is next, if she's the one for Raj.

He didn't date Bernadette.

• Like 1

He didn't date Bernadette.

Yeah, but he didn't meet her before her and Howard were boyfriend/girlfriend. :p

Not really a very weird leap of logic to think Emily could hit on Leonard, the writers have done some weird/goofy stunts before, like Penny sleeping with Raj.  But it would be fun to see Lucy and Emily fight for Raj in the next three seasons.  Yes Penny should propose to Leonard normally, not feeling tipsy or drunk.  Hopefully the gang goes out of Pasadena, go together for vacations, or do other outings then just spending most of their time at the apartments, comic book, university.

Not really a very weird leap of logic to think Emily could hit on Leonard, the writers have done some weird/goofy stunts before, like Penny sleeping with Raj.  But it would be fun to see Lucy and Emily fight for Raj in the next three seasons.  Yes Penny should propose to Leonard normally, not feeling tipsy or drunk.  Hopefully the gang goes out of Pasadena, go together for vacations, or do other outings then just spending most of their time at the apartments, comic book, university.

Why would they do something like that at this point in the larger narrative? What would be the point of having Emily hit on Leonard? Just to screw up a relationship they've gone through some trouble to set up?

People always bring up the Raj/Penny thing as if A) that just happened yesterday or B ) they would do something they've already done.

I think Emily wouldn't be interested in Leonard. She's interested in Raj and there's no point in making her into some version of Alex or whatever. There's no real advantage to doing that. IMO.

People always bring up the Raj/Penny thing as if A) that just happened yesterday or B ) they would do something they've already done.

C. As if this somehow showed Penny was cheating on Leonard. Clearly forgetting that, as far as Penny knew, Leonard and Priya were living together and were possibly going to India for the summer.

• Like 1

[snip] But it would be fun to see Lucy and Emily fight for Raj in the next three seasons.  [snip]

I don't think Lucy would fight. She would hide in the bathroom and escape out the window.

• Like 2

I don't think Lucy would fight. She would hide in the bathroom and escape out the window.

I'm pretty sure we've seen the last of Lucy.

• Like 2

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Also even if you comment for no other purpose than to show your hate toward a fictional character, make sure that your comment makes sense before posting, because what you wrote now didn't make any sense at all.

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Also even if you comment for no other purpose than to show your hate toward a fictional character, make sure that your comment makes sense before posting, because what you wrote now didn't make any sense at all.

What in the name of hell are you talking about?!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

You do realize that dj was referring to another comment that Lucy and Emily should fight for Raj, right?  And you do know that Lucy was shown escaping out a bathroom window twice, to get away from Raj,  and it was tangentially referred to by Raj, when she lock herself in the bathroom at Raj's, when he told Amy they might as well eat, as it's going to be a long wait for Lucy.   

• Like 1

We (in the UK) only got to see this episode on thursday 12th june :( but I nearly died!! Sheldon was talking about CERN and

Super-symmetry and how he wished that they had found a way through to alternates realities. I have JUST finished reading a novel all about that called "The Alternates", I only wish sheldon could have read it, he would be so happy!!!  LOL

CHECK OUT THE ALTERNATES BY CHRISTOPHER DOUGLAS on KINDLE

Edited by The Alternates

So I am guessing you found a way to misread my post. I'm one of the people that liked the Lucy character.

What I said was completly reasonable given past story lines and some one else was able to explain what I was saying.

So I am guessing you found a way to misread my post. I'm one of the people that liked the Lucy character.

What I said was completly reasonable given past story lines and some one else was able to explain what I was saying.

Sorry about that then, I didn't quite understand how that comment fit into a theory about possibility of Emily and Lucy fighting for Raj so I misunderstood it. Sorry about that.

On 4/4/2014 at 10:19 PM, Cecilia said:

OK is it just me or is Amy super cute in that scene??

It's not just you.

BTW. I notice Amy put Sheldon to bed and, in the morning, Sheldon is undressed in bed.

I guess that means Amy undressed him.

Sheldon is one lucky devil.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

One of the things I never liked about Sheldon's character is he is very much a coward...

if things do not go his way....instead of trying hard.....he just resorts to crying and whining........in this episode he even resorts to drinking alcohol......

some much for his "We are dreamers" .... first big obstacle and chicken out....

Well, Penny and Raj would often show that same traits, even more than him.. even Leonard, after he got drunk in The Lunar Excitation... strange that you don't have problems with that. I think that you are just grasping at straws in order to prove that Sheldon is supposed to be an unlikeable character or something.

The show makes it clear that he is brave when he needs to be and when it matters, he is not a coward

On 4/8/2014 at 6:04 PM, Anita Rez said:

He doesn't like change so I figure Penny's been cutting his hair ever since.

Even after she cut a massive lump out of his hair.

Edited by Stephen Hawking