Roseanne

• 4 weeks later...

I think the show should have left on the high note that was Season 8, with Darlene's wedding and Dan's heart attack ... perhaps not knowing if he lived would have been an interesting way to end, of course in the finale of Season 9 we learnt he didn't really ...

Roseanne is one of my favorite shows of all time. I loved it,until the series finale. I just watched it a couple of days ago because I got the season 9 dvd. And I hated the series finale. I cryed for hours. :(

I was watching an old Roseanne earlier. Season 4 I think. It was amazing how quickly David just suddenly appeared. He was in one episode and in the next one he was practically living in their house (that didn't happen until a season later), Dan & Roseanne did joke about it but it was so odd ...

I always thought the story line was odd, David got to live in their house. I know his mum was violent towards him but it didn't feel right ... its one of those silly sitcom things. Then again looking for reality in sitcoms is best done when drunk, Jackie was over at the house way too much too ... characters always have a way of being there when the cameras are rolling :p

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I always liked Roseanne. I was actually watching an episode TODAY and in one scene was only David, Darlene & Jackie and I said to my wife oh look, it's Leonard, Lisa Winkle and Sheldon's Mom!!! LOL!!!

• 2 years later...

I may be the only negative vote, but I think the ONLY redeeming part of the show was the introduction of Sarah Chalke who eventually played Elliot on the great sitcom, SCRUBS

liked sarah also, should have stayed on

for the rest of the show not split time

with lecy goranson, as becky.

I always thought the story line was odd, David got to live in their house. I know his mum was violent towards him but it didn't feel right ... its one of those silly sitcom things.

Then again looking for reality in sitcoms is best done when drunk, Jackie was over at the house way too much too ... characters always have a way of being there when the cameras are rolling :p

Actually, I found the situation extremely realistic and believable.

There are unfortunately many people who have to deal with a violent home life, and there are also very kind people who are willing to help. There are also families that spend a ton of time together and visit eachother extremely often. I can vouch for this with personal experience. Although my experiences weren't exactly like the characters on the show, I can completely understand and believe the plot.

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought the story line was odd, David got to live in their house. I know his mum was violent towards him but it didn't feel right ... its one of those silly sitcom things.

Then again looking for reality in sitcoms is best done when drunk, Jackie was over at the house way too much too ... characters always have a way of being there when the cameras are rolling :p

Actually, I found the situation extremely realistic and believable.

There are unfortunately many people who have to deal with a violent home life, and there are also very kind people who are willing to help. There are also families that spend a ton of time together and visit eachother extremely often. I can vouch for this with personal experience. Although my experiences weren't exactly like the characters on the show, I can completely understand and believe the plot.

Me too, one of my girlfriends at school whose father was violent towards her. and she came to stay with my family (with the blessing of her mother) for about 2 months whilst the situation at her home was "fixed", and our house was always full of extended family.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the show should have left on the high note that was Season 8, with Darlene's wedding and Dan's heart attack ... perhaps not knowing if he lived would have been an interesting way to end, of course in the finale of Season 9 we learnt he didn't really ...

Awwww.., man..! And I never even saw that season..! :icon_eek:

^ Season 9?? It was one of those terrible "it was all a dream" episodes. The entire season was a dream, of sorts.

In the season's final episode, Roseanne reveals the show is actually a story written by Roseanne Conner about her life. To cope, Roseanne twisted major elements of her life for the story, which the audience does not find out until the final moments of the series. In reality, Dan's heart attack was fatal and the Conner family did not win the lottery. In real life, Roseanne's sister is a lesbian and her mom is straight. Another difference is that David and Becky were a couple all along, as were Mark and Darlene, rather than the opposite.

^ Season 9?? It was one of those terrible "it was all a dream" episodes. The entire season was a dream, of sorts.

In the season's final episode, Roseanne reveals the show is actually a story written by Roseanne Conner about her life. To cope, Roseanne twisted major elements of her life for the story, which the audience does not find out until the final moments of the series. In reality, Dan's heart attack was fatal and the Conner family did not win the lottery. In real life, Roseanne's sister is a lesbian and her mom is straight. Another difference is that David and Becky were a couple all along, as were Mark and Darlene, rather than the opposite.

Thanks for explanation, netmouse. It must've been real weird to have seen that.