The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 3.05 (October 19th)

The scene rotates, so north might very well not be "up".

Another request ... if anyone recorded the show in HD, can you please check at 0:10:31 into the show and see if you can read Sheldon's middle name on the Stevenson Award certificate on the wall next to his door? If there's a date readable, that would be cool because we'd know how old Sheldon is (he got the award when he was 14 years old).

Whoops, sorry, it's in Pirate Solution, not this episode. The certificate is on the wall in Sheldon's office, visible when Raj comes in and asks if Sheldon is busy. I was watching the third season episodes last evening, one after the other, and I lost track of which one I was in :D

Steve

Whoops, sorry, it's in Pirate Solution, not this episode. The certificate is on the wall in Sheldon's office, visible when Raj comes in and asks if Sheldon is busy. I was watching the third season episodes last evening, one after the other, and I lost track of which one I was in :D

Steve

I only have it divx here on my computer, but I can't read his middle name. it seems to me that it has 3 letters, and it begins maybe with T.

I attached the picture, maybe someone else can make out more.

post-573-134808096715_thumb.jpg

Well, I prefer the Wiki here, but I have to agree.

This's the best I could get in the HDTV version, I'd also say it's "Lee"

(edit one day later: or maybe Lex ... inspired by Irvine now my eyes would rather go for Lex...odd)

post-488-134808096717_thumb.jpg

That explains the Shel-lee :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm not that much into Klingon, especcially since "girls don't count it" (or do they? :icon_cheesygrin: ).

Depends on the girl, I'd say. I don't see why speaking Klingon isn't as cool as speaking Chinese or Russian or Arab or any other "exotic" (from an English point of view) language... *Star Trek FTW* :icon_wink:

Well, that said, I don't wanna learn it, I just wanna say "revenge is ..." ... just can't help it :icon_cheesygrin:

Well, I prefer the Wiki here, but I have to agree.

This's the best I could get in the HDTV version, I'd also say it's "Lee"

That explains the Shel-lee :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm not that much into Klingon, especcially since "girls don't count it" (or do they? :icon_cheesygrin: ).

Depends on the girl, I'd say. I don't see why speaking Klingon isn't as cool as speaking Chinese or Russian or Arab or any other "exotic" (from an English point of view) language... *Star Trek FTW* :icon_wink:

Well, that said, I don't wanna learn it, I just wanna say "revenge is ..." ... just can't help it :icon_cheesygrin:

Yes, it's definitely Lee! I brightened the picture with my program so it's clearer.

lol!

Anyway, I always keep the close-caption ON, especcially on English shows (since French is my native language, it helps understand everything), and I remember very well that they wrote exactly (or at least phonetically) what he said! I just can't remember what was written... Maybe when the DVD are out! :p

As for the picture, well, yeah, it looks like ''Lee'', but the last ''e'' looks a lot like a ''x'', too... So it could be Lex. Sheldon Lex Cooper.

I don't know... It's one or the other!

I think so too. I used to be a Sargate-SG1-Fan when I was younger an I always wanted to learn Goa'uld. Klingon would be cool, too.

Plus I started to learn elvish when I heard that you can buy dictionarys and grammar books on it. But I think that's something most girls would consider ""cool", because it's not from Sci-Fi. Pretty, pointy eared Elves and cute, furry little Hobbits seem to beat pointy eared Vulcans and bad, ugly Klingons in the eyes of most girls. ;)

lol!

As for the picture, well, yeah, it looks like ''Lee'', but the last ''e'' looks a lot like a ''x'', too... So it could be Lex. Sheldon Lex Cooper.I don't know... It's one or the other!

Hm, you could be right. I looked at it again and the "curved shape" of the third letter seems different from the second one. Any Americans here that can guess what's more likely the middle name for a Texas child??

Anyway, I always keep the close-caption ON, especcially on English shows (since French is my native language, it helps understand everything), and I remember very well that they wrote exactly (or at least phonetically) what he said! I just can't remember what was written... Maybe when the DVD are out! :p

bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay' :cool:

Pretty, pointy eared Elves and cute, furry little Hobbits seem to beat pointy eared Vulcans and bad, ugly Klingons in the eyes of most girls. ;)

Hm, yeah Elves are cool, but some of the humanoids in the Star Trek universe aren't too bad either :icon_razz:

holy crap on a cracker! that last letter really does look like an X. Lex? what an odd name... not to mention that the evil guy in the Superman movies was called Lex Luthor!! This would give a whole new meaning to Sheldon's obsession about Superman :)))))

I do not know what he does these days, but some years ago Wil Wheaton was a real geek: He painted minatures (toy soldiers) and was pretty keen player of card and boardgames.

-I wonder wether he still does that sort of geeky stuff...

Hey, has anyone yet looked at the satellite image of Pasadena at the end of the episode and worked out it'd centred on? That would theoretically be the comic book store, after all.

Have to spend some time on Google Earth ...

Steve

Not sure if anyone located it on another thread or other reply, but the satellite image sequence actually starts dead center on the Kodak Theater in Hollywood (not Pasadena) but the graphics people altered the original image (just like they did in the Season 5 finale) such that the Kodak theater (home of the Oscars) was made to look like a green park. Why they did that I have no clue. It is also possible to date the image back to around 2003 or earlier as one building closer to the baseball field was turned into a parking lot after that (using Google Earth historical layer)

See attachments: First image is from the season 3, episode 5 ending; the second image is from Google Earth

post-6244-134808097768_thumb.jpg

post-6244-134808097777_thumb.jpg

I was rewatching this how on TV.  I wonder what Leonard did to Penny in bed to call him a genius in the bedroom!!  I wonder if we will ever find out, what Google told him to do?