The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence (April 24)

Your Episode Rating  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate his episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I'm just commenting based on the video on here.

Here's the link to the Canadian one -

• Like 2

Since we are able to discuss promos, that little joke in the beginning really makes Penny seem slutty again, after we have been spared those jokes for a while. I mean come on, 'Have you ever paid for a meal?' and then she answers 'Not with money!' that is pretty bad. The writers still can't seem to get by trashing Penny for a quick joke.

The only way to kill these lines off is for the audience to groan at the taping. As long as schmucks laugh at the idea of Penny ever being available for transactional sex we are doomed to suffer these. Why not have Sheldon go on about his obvious high value as a virgin - that's even a marketable commodity I believe. (*sigh*)

• Like 1

What makes you think that Penny is talking about trading sex for food?

Is sex the only thing guys would want in order to be willing to buy her dinner?  Who's got the dirtiest mind now?

Guys do things for her, but it doesn't mean that she sleeps with men for Chinese food.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 2

What makes you think that Penny is talking about trading sex for food?

Is sex the only thing guys would want in order to be willing to buy her dinner?  Who's got the dirtiest mind now?

Guys do things for her, but it doesn't mean that she sleeps with men for Chinese food.

If the inference is that she is being slutty and in this context slutty appears to available to be interpreted in the most extreme sense, then one way to read this is that she is doing exactly what you say for Chinese food. It's entirely unlikely, but to avoid the ambiguity they could add additional information to the scenario to clarify or avoid the joke. If the audience doesn't laugh, they will do one of these two things. Otherwise they will continue and one should just grin and bear it because that's the way things are. Like <insert alienated group> do all the time.

*sighs and looks at current hobby horse*. :)

• Like 1

So no one has actually seen the finished version of this episode, have they?  I think whoever it was that went to the taping of 7x23 said they saw the Proton episode (since that's the one that will air before 7x23)

I wonder how this one turned out in the final edit.  I mean, I'm not expecting anything really different, but just sometimes it feels different in the final version.

I'm bitter about Sheldon (due to future events) but otherwise this was alright. The Raj/Howard part was funny, but the rest was just complaining Sheldon and complaining Penny. A very complainy episode, if you ask me. Emily and Amy in the tag were what saved it for me. Amy is my favorite, and I really like Emily. (Amy in the tag was actually the best bit. She looked hella adorable in that outfit.)

• Like 3

Sheldon and Penny were a little weak, but I did enjoy her insulting Sheldon instead of Leonard, like in previous episodes.  I enjoyed Bernadette and Amy, they are great together and I like how the girls snitched on each other, funny.  Howard and Raj were probably the funniest tonight and the scene of Emily and Raj was cute.  I thought Amy in the school girl outfit was sort of hot, and was a little surprised I felt that way, since I knew that scene was coming, but I am a pervert anyway.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this one.  I liked the way Amy opened up to Leonard about her feelings about Sheldon and Penny.  I loved the way Sheldon looked at the psychic when she dropped the bomb about what he should do with Amy.  Things are getting interesting.  ;)

• Like 4

Not the best one this season but it was ok. I did love Amy in the school girl uniform at the end though. The look on her face was so cute!

• Like 2

I really enjoyed this one.  I liked the way Amy opened up to Leonard about her feelings about Sheldon and Penny.  I loved the way Sheldon looked at the psychic when she dropped the bomb about what he should do with Amy.  Things are getting interesting.  ;)

Ohh Things are about to get even more Interesting!

• Like 1

Thought it was a decent episode and like the interactions between Sheldon/Penny, Leonard/Amy and Raj/Howard.  

Emily seems cute and maybe a bit twisted...will have to reserve judgment on that for now.

I'm sorry but I found Amy in the school girl uniform awkward.  Maybe it's because I had to wear one for 12 years of my life.  Have to watch it again..

Thought it was a decent episode and like the interactions between Sheldon/Penny, Leonard/Amy and Raj/Howard.  

Emily seems cute and maybe a bit twisted...will have to reserve judgment on that for now.

I'm sorry but I found Amy in the school girl uniform awkward.  Maybe it's because I had to wear one for 12 years of my life.  Have to watch it again..

Agree with you with everything but the Amy thing. It might be a guy thing. I'm not normally into Amy but thought that uniform was hot like @Sram mentioned. I think they are making Emily twisted for a possible Raj breaking up with her. I thought Penny's fortune cookie and the psychic predictions for Sheldon were spot on. Not the best episode but there are other ones this year much worse than this.
  • Like 7

Does anyone have a link to the full episode? I'm in Arizona this week and totally thought it was on at the wrong time! Much appreciated in advance.

Well, that was mildly amusing (which just about sums up the whole season). The L/P relationship went backwards or at best stayed still. As far as the relationship is concerned we will have to hope for some improvement in later episodes!!! As for the comedy element , that is a lost cause.

Looking forward to next week's Star Wars episode.  This week was okay, but not the best.  I liked that someone finally told Sheldon that Amy is the key to his happiness, I just wish it wasn't so heavy handed by a psyhic that he'd never respected in first place and that they would just let him figure it out with Amy on his own.  I don't think he needs Penny or Leonard or some random person he has never met before advice to make decisions about his relationship when for starts Penny and Leonard have their own problems and keep secrets and Penny is emotionally holding back from Leonard all the time too so its a bit too much like the pot calling tea kettle.  I enjoyed the Howard/Raj scenes the most those two have fantastic chemistry I think its better friendship than Shenny JMO.   Its unfortunate Amy feels jealous when she shouldn't have to because Sheldon clearly has shown he has become a lot more comfortable with her than anyone else on the cast even Penny, I mean he doesn't kiss Penny he doesn't let Penny be his emergency contact, she just needs to not lie to him because that could break down the trust they have built up between him. 

The ending scene was sort of cute, but not as much of a WOW of a moment to me as their kissing scenes or others this season, Sheldon's reaction was typical nothing too sexy about it and I do think Shamy is capable of being sexy together its just got be in their own way not trying to copy Howard/Bernadette or LENNY.  SHAMY has their own style and flair the star trek costume made more sense if she really wanted to turn him on she should have dressed up as Princess Leia instead, it would have been a nice tie in for next week's episode to end it like that as a surprise when everyone would have assumed it was going to be a catholic school girl uniform.  I think Amy would look amazing as Princess Leia complete with buns on the side of her head.  Sheldon does need to be nicer to people and I think he would be if his friends would be nicer to him, not lie to him or try to always force him to do things he doesn't want to do just to change him.  He accepts their annoying behavior so they should accept his or leave him alone because actually Sheldon has changed and developed more as a human being than a lot of them, I think truly only Howard has developed more the rest of them still need a lot of work and yet they act like they aren't annoying only he is well they all are at times.

As for Emily, I get that they are tried to make her edgy, creepy and weird, so she doesn't come across too normal or not quirky enough for Raj, but I feel like they are kind of taking things to extreme a little fast here.  I mean I want this to work, and that means they should give us time to get to know Emily in a postive way before they start showing how super perverted she is like is that supposed to make her funnier?  I don't think it does.  Its kind of same problem with Lucy, they made her too socially awkward that it made her less likeable.  I like Emily but if they keep going down this road of making her a creepy nymphomaniac type then I don't think I'll like her as much.  Its not adorable, scientific or geeky that she is into watching sick twisted movies and gets turn  on by them.  That just doesn't really fit to me, but we'll see how things go.  I have a feeling they are going to do same with Raj as they did with Howard sometimes only more so and that is making Raj be the girl in the relationship so to speak and have Emily be more domineering and in charge which I mean would be okay if it wasn't for fact that we already have Penny and Bernadette doing that in their relationships being super domineering over their men and the men in it mostly for the sex, doing it with Raj too would be very predictable and redundant making their relationship less interesting.  

I like that SHAMY at least Amy is vulnerable a lot of the time and Sheldon also has a lot of weaknesses and they both have times where they can be ON TOP so to speak and dominate or manipulate the other while at other times they switch roles and just take care of each other.   I would have preferred that if Sheldon thought Amy was sick he actually went over to her apartment to take care of her like he's done in the past and realized she wasn't there and thats how he found out she lied to him again, it would have made more sense and show Sheldon in a better light than him acting like he didn't care that she may have been sick.  Just felt like a regress for him in that moment and for Amy to express her feelings to Leonard didn't seem to help her out at all.  I'd rather have seen her say that to Penny or Sheldon and have them reassure her that there is nothing to feel jealous of because its clear to me that Penny and Sheldon although they do have good chemistry don't have same romantic chemistry SHAMY have and never will and Penny always routes for SHAMY to be closer so if she'd opened up to her it would have been nice to see Penny comforting Amy and vice versa Amy apologizing for lying then to have it just be left unresolved in a way.  But yeah I'm all for relationship stuff on the show, but a little too much heavy handed drama this week, not enough comedy.   I have a feeling all of this is leading to something BIG happening with these couplings, but I'd rather achieve big relationship milestones with more humor less drama because this is a comedy.  So hopefully next week will be funnier and full of geeky STAR WARS love :)

Edited by Superlovelexi

I can't believe it but I fell asleep. Got up to the point where L/P/S spot B/A in the restaurant and dozed off. I was actually really enjoying it so it must have been a long sequence of commercials.