The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence (April 24)

Your Episode Rating  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate his episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

It means meaningless in English

Take of that what u will!

"Malarkey" means the same thing as "hokum", which is how he described online dating and meeting Amy in season 3. And we all know how that turned out!  :girlsmile:

• Like 3

With regards to Amy's comment about penny, I didn't like it in the taping report and that was only enforced last night

Amy just looked sad through the whole conversation

In some ways Amy's journey with Sheldon is like Leonard's journey with Penny. Leonard would freak when Penny talk to any guy (Cole for example). Even in scavenger hunt this year he was freaked when he thought Penny was mad at him. I think Amy was originally upset about Sheldon being mad at her about his job and then got "jealous" that Penny can get him to do things that she can't. Leonard tried to help by explaining that Penny knows him longer and she can be very persuasive. Amy assumed that meant sex with Leonard but that wasn't it. I thought it meant that Penny won't put up with Sheldon's crap like Amy does. IMO Amy is not going to get anywhere with Sheldon till she stops doing that or at least fight over things that are important to her.

• Like 4

I thought that the schoolgirl outfit was kind of cruel. It's like the writers were saying "Let's all laugh at the homely girl trying to be sexy." The humor this season has a mean edge to it like they're now making fun of the characters. Instead of wanting us to like them we're just supposed to "laugh at the dorks".

I really hate to say this because I adore this show and have grown to love each and every main character, but I did not enjoy this episode at all.

They went there again...Amy trying to seduce Sheldon, again... ugh I hate how Amy has become, how cliche Shamy has become, they were so endearing and special together. Now it's just the same old cliche of a woman begging her man for attention. Does Amy even like Sheldon anymore? It seems to me she cannot stand the guy but will not back away because, hell she has wasted too many years of her life not to get into those hot pants(yes I think Sheldon is super hot but not worth the heartache).

I did enjoy the Raj/Howard interaction as usual, these two are gold together. I'm not sure I'm liking Emily anymore. They obviously are trying to make her a freak so they can dispose of her later IMO.

anyway, I'm so sad I have to be so negative this week because I really do love the show but now I'm afraid for how the finale will pan out. I'll just wait and see.

• Like 2

What makes you think that Penny is talking about trading sex for food?

Is sex the only thing guys would want in order to be willing to buy her dinner? Who's got the dirtiest mind now?

Guys do things for her, but it doesn't mean that she sleeps with men for Chinese food.

Having seen this now in context, I think the inference is that the awful thing she had to do for a meal was have dinner alone with Sheldon.

Edit: Amy was worried about Penny's connection to Sheldon. The thing of that is that Penny has no needs that Sheldon meets, so nothing is at stake between the two of them. They find common ground in their absence of need for each other. Weird.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2

Now that I have seen the whole episode I can say I really enjoyed it.

Emily seems nice except for the creepy movie aspect. I expect Raj will dump her eventually because he is sensitive and the very thing that turns her on will turn him off after he gets over the initial excitement of the relationship (IMO). Either that or she will be watching creepy movies with too many other guys. Seems to be where this is headed. So the H/R/E part of this episode I liked less.

I liked all the stuff with Penny, Leonard and Sheldon. Also liked the bits with just Penny and Sheldon. Penny dragging Sheldon into see a psychic was priceless.

Sheldon at his white-board  thinking of alternative fields of study was a nice carry over from the previous episode. Nice to see the continuity in this episode with the previous. We are getting comedy and some story continuity. Nice.

Having seen this now in context, I think the inference is that the awful thing she had to do for a meal was have dinner alone with Sheldon.

Edit: Amy was worried about Penny's connection to Sheldon. The thing of that is that Penny has no needs that Sheldon meets, so nothing is at stake between the two of them. They find common ground in their absence of need for each other. Weird.

Exactly. Penny and Sheldon's bond is that neither really cares what the other thinks or does. As Sheldon said when Penny talks all he hears is "waa, waa, waa, clothes". And Penny does not understand anything that Sheldon says, she just asks for a translation from Leonard. They each finds the other irritating but they are forced to find a way to deal with it because of Leonard, as each has mentioned several times in the past.

If Leonard had not moved in with Sheldon, Penny would have had a 20 second conversation with her new neighbor, been insulted and never talked to him again.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 3

Exactly. Penny and Sheldon's bond is that neither really cares what the other thinks or does. As Sheldon said when Penny talks all he hears is "waa, waa, waa, clothes". And Penny does not understand anything that Sheldon says, she just asks for a translation from Leonard. They each finds the other irritating but they are forced to find a way to deal with it because of Leonard, as each has mentioned several times in the past.

If Leonard had not moved in with Sheldon, Penny would have had a 20 second conversation with her new neighbor, been insulted and never talked to him again.

Now I can look forward to the Count explaining what I got wrong. LOL. So many beers will drunk. Heheheheh.

Is MALARKEY a strong word in English ?

yeah its a word  : meaing insincere or foolish talk :  or bunk , nonsense

more used in english slang meaning Bull SH$%T !

for me , One of the worst episodes ever. A show where the characters  lie ,deceive , and nark on each other - plus we learn Penny is a thief!  stealing Leonard's money while he is asleep. I know it was supposed to be for his birthday - but its a deceptive thief like thing to do ! Amy doesn't even have to Lie to Sheldon , he isn't going care if she goes out with Bernadette for a drink. I am real surprised that Bernadette lied to Howard about working late , she's usually the more honest one !  Sheldon claims to be upset that he was lied to by Amy and Penny was dished by her two friends.

on the flip side , its nice to Raj finally get a girl on a successful date and not screw it up. but i think Emily is too normal and Lucy should come back.( I know no one else like that idea)

And Amy in the school uniform does look Hot !

Edited by AceMackenzie9

I really hate to say this because I adore this show and have grown to love each and every main character, but I did not enjoy this episode at all.

They went there again...Amy trying to seduce Sheldon, again... ugh I hate how Amy has become, how cliche Shamy has become, they were so endearing and special together. Now it's just the same old cliche of a woman begging her man for attention. Does Amy even like Sheldon anymore? It seems to me she cannot stand the guy but will not back away because, hell she has wasted too many years of her life not to get into those hot pants(yes I think Sheldon is super hot but not worth the heartache).

I did enjoy the Raj/Howard interaction as usual, these two are gold together. I'm not sure I'm liking Emily anymore. They obviously are trying to make her a freak so they can dispose of her later IMO.

anyway, I'm so sad I have to be so negative this week because I really do love the show but now I'm afraid for how the finale will pan out. I'll just wait and see.

It is a real long stretch to say Amy was trying to seduce Sheldon, ever. More like she was naively imitating a friend to see if this could get her a bit more attention and some affection from her boyfriend. An attempt at harmless flirtation.

When it comes to seducing I don't think Amy has any more a clue than Sheldon does. If Sheldon were to suddenly try to seduce her she would put the brakes on before he really got far.

• Like 3

Another ep that seemed rushed and unremarkable.  I also found it off-putting that a show that has always respected skeptics and evidence-based reality would use a psychic to sell a story line.  And I just couldn't get into the Howard/Raj parts, which was disappointing as I love those two.

But "I don't understand my food" is a great line.

• Like 1

And I liked this dialogue:

Sheldon: So we're just randomly choosing a restaurant without researching it online?
Penny Yep.
Sheldon: Great. This is how Anything Can Happen Thursdays turns in to It Won't Stop Coming Out Friday.-> *lol* Sheldon

• Like 2

Sheldon and Penny always had great comedic chemistry, but its starting to be show more and more now, the only thing they have in common now is Leonard. Sure they are friends now, but if it wasent for Leonard early on being the social nucleus, Penny and Sheldon being polar opposites, in a scenario where Leonard doesent exist, like above said would have had a 20 sec conversation, and without Leonard to take Penny through Sheldons quips and intraciies, Penny would be like anyone else either misunderstood Sheldon or, get insulted. Its clear their differences are becoming really apparent now, and if it weren't for Leonard I think they would just grow apart as friends tbh. And to getting tired of Sheldon and Penny bonding, that arch and characterization died years ago, Getting to sick of Sheldon treating his relationship with Amy as one of convineince, when its on his terms and convininient to him, he well treat Amy like a gf. But when its not he treats her like a doormat, or pokes her with a stick, or she makes sex jokes to over compensate. I wouldent call it a abusive realationship, but Sheldon really is emotionally distorting Amy, and because of his lack of emotional intelligence, he just doesent realize it. So he relies on Lenny for guidance, tbh if the writers don't change things, make Sheldon grow up and and make Amy a priority for once, I can't see any kind of future that they have. BBT to me is more relationship and career centric, point is its all evouloution, likelihood would be if the initial premise, was stil like it is, you would hear people saying its gotten stale. The show show would of gotten lost in it self, even Sheldon as unique as he is would of got lost in him self, the whole premise of this show is four eggheads becoming socially aware, they are not out of college anymore, so they are slowly maturing. I think though with Prady it used to be light hearted, geeky humor and that was so unique and fresh, with Moloro its become a tad to relationshipy in terms of the dialogue. Used to have Lenny, and just 3 other characters, and a 8-10 mill audience. Now you have nearly 4 couples. and seven other characters, with a nearly 20 million audience. So its hard to cater to everyone, some ppl want more relationship progression and contunity (shamys :)), and some want less rom com comedy, and more light hearted geeky humor, while still maintaining its character growth, so I think they are lacking balance IMO.

Edited by 3ku11

So Penny steals money from Leonard's wallet.   It's stealing whether or not she was doing it to buy Leonard a present.   I found that rather disappointing.

• Like 1

So Penny steals money from Leonard's wallet.   It's stealing whether or not she was doing it to buy Leonard a present.   I found that rather disappointing.

Other than taking Bernadette's word for it, is there any other evidence?  We know that Bernadette has lied to Leonard before about Penny, when it suited her purpose.  She was pissed at Penny for ratting her out at that moment.  Could be she was again Lying to Leonard to get back at Penny.

Other than taking Bernadette's word for it, is there any other evidence?  We know that Bernadette has lied to Leonard before about Penny, when it suited her purpose.  She was pissed at Penny for ratting her out at that moment.  Could be she was again Lying to Leonard to get back at Penny.

Bernadette was trying to rat out  Penny as Penny ratted her out to Howard. So it would not make any sense , if Bernie lied to Leonard. Cause Bernie probably wanted Leonard to confront Penny. She also ratted out Leonard in the mother's book episode.

Clearly what Bernie told was the truth.

• Like 1

Bernadette was trying to rat out Penny as Penny ratted her out to Howard. So it would not make any sense , if Bernie lied to Leonard. Cause Bernie probably wanted Leonard to confront Penny. She also ratted out Leonard in the mother's book episode.

Clearly what Bernie told was the truth.

Sure it makes sense. She's got nothing to get back at Penny with, so she makes something up, to get Leonard mad at Penny. We know he never gets a watch, so clearly Bernadette was lying. It's ambiguous enough that you can have either interpretation.
  • Like 1

Sure it makes sense. She's got nothing to get back at Penny with, so she makes something up, to get Leonard mad at Penny. We know he never gets a watch, so clearly Bernadette was lying.

Interpret that scene the way you like.... but for me it was pretty clear that Bernie was telling the truth... and it kind of makes sense too since Penny is jobless.....

And Bernie is not dumb...which is trying to rat out a person by telling a lie.....

Edited by vasu

Interpret that scene the way you like.... but for me it was pretty clear that Bernie was telling the truth... and it kind of makes sense too since Penny is jobless.....

Well, since he didn't get a watch, it's obvious she went out and bought a bunch of drugs, instead of the watch.

And Bernie is not dumb...which is trying to rat out a person by telling a lie.....

You mean like when she lied to Leonard during the scavenger hunt