Fan Fics: What Do You Like?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My eyes! My eyes!

I love your fanfics!   Reading all sorts of fanfics are fun.  It gets me through the long summer, gives me insight to what goes on in others minds and ...um...my husband reaps the benefit of me read

I don't think non-canon fics need to be OOC at all. I'm a hardcore Shamy fan and I see no appeal in Shenny whatosever, it never even crossed my mind for them to be a romantic couple until I came onlin

Posted Images

Anyone interested in non-canon couples? I've been working on an Amy/Raj story recently :)

I ship the Shamy but have read non-canon and haven't hated them! I always think Amy/Raj or Amy/Leonard are kind of interesting... :) I think if you post it people will give it a chance! I usually do. :) (I'm just not really a Shenny fan is all)

• Like 1

I like a lot, however I do have one pet peeve.

Babies? Not a fan.

I totally lose interest in the story, even if it was the best ever, once anyone is accidentally pregnant. I especially consider it to be highly insulting for Shamy to accidentally get pregnant.

Even without an IQ of 187, my boyfriend and I have had no troubles in preventing unwanted pregnancies. (We are also scientists and have been together for more than 16 years).

So.... Unwanted babies are not a god thing. Planned? Well that's at least better. :)

• Like 1

I hate off-canon and alternative universe fics. People rarely get the characters remotely IC as it is, step that far off canon and it's pretty much not remotely TBBT.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I have a guilty pleasure for Raj/Amy fanfics.

*ducks and hides*

Are you talking about them being together?  If so, I'd love to read a fanfic of this.

I adore Raj and have no idea why no woman has grabbed him and made him her sex slave yet.  I know I would!

• Like 1

I really like the stories that include all the characters, with Raj becoming hooked up with someone.  I ship Lenny, but I like to see interaction with the other characters, too.  I like Shamy stories where Leonard and Penny are trying to help them move forward, even if they make mistakes.  The stories where the girls get together are great too.

I've found this one to be a very interesting fan fic that has Amy dating someone else then she meets Sheldon and the gang.  They're in character but Amy meets the gang a different way.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9557433/1/The-Attraction-Fluctuation

omo this is seriously one of my favorite stories right now. I wish they would update more often. I think it's amazing.

and yes, I do mean fics of Amy and Raj together but they usually end with Amy with Sheldon which I'm totally cool with.

• Like 1

omo this is seriously one of my favorite stories right now. I wish they would update more often. I think it's amazing.

and yes, I do mean fics of Amy and Raj together but they usually end with Amy with Sheldon which I'm totally cool with.

What about a fic with Amy/Raj and no Shamy? ;)

At the risk of being hit with flying ornaments, I'll simply state that I may or may not be working on such a fic...;)

I wonder if we can message the writer and ask her when she's going to update it?

Well, I prefer stories with canon pairings and I only read Shamy but since we are confessing stuff here ( like Maria did  :p ) since Amy is a main character I would probably give it a chance. The Raj/Amy combination is my least favourite tho. I would take a glimpse to see if there is a way for them to co exist without being totally pathetic (ok sorry I got carried away :p ) but I don't know if I would stick around. My all time favourite is Shamy but my crack ship is Whamy (aka Wheaton-Amy) and I know that if there wasn't Shamy I would be an AmyHow shipper for sure (and that's Amy-Howard). I already ship them as friends of course.

• Like 2

Well, I prefer stories with canon pairings and I only read Shamy but since we are confessing stuff here ( like Maria did  :p ) since Amy is a main character I would probably give it a chance. The Raj/Amy combination is my least favourite tho. I would take a glimpse to see if there is a way for them to co exist without being totally pathetic (ok sorry I got carried away :p ) but I don't know if I would stick around. My all time favourite is Shamy but my crack ship is Whamy (aka Wheaton-Amy) and I know that if there wasn't Shamy I would be an AmyHow shipper for sure (and that's Amy-Howard). I already ship them as friends of course.

Amy/Howard? Interesting :) I guess they did look cute together in the car when they realised they both liked Neil Diamond. :)

I'm a boring sod. I hate non-canon and AU's. Ok, I can give AU's a go if there's a true point to the AU other than setting the characters in another era, Mary-Sue or to write Twilight with characters named like the ones on the show. :p But I very rarely find I like them.

I usually read fanfic to get more of the show than the 20 minutes a week we get, or to get more glimpses into the characters, fix things that don't make sense or further explore things that aren't explored fully on the show. It needs to be very IC and preferably something I can see happening on the show. Anything that strays too much from that is not my cup of tea. Although I can also like stories that expand beyond the show's level of drama and rating if it's done well. I guess I'm lucky that the show already fulfils most of my needs in terms of storytelling, so I don't have to rely on fic that much :) I think the biggest challenge for a fanfic writer is to be fresh and original while working within the framework of what the show allows, so anyone that can do that gets massive points with me! 

While I only read stories where Shamy are the main focus, I really love it when they involve the other characters too and it feels like a true gang-episode. I feel like all characters are amazing on this show and add so much to all the interactions. I'm particularly fond of stories with L/P/S/A interactions, in any permutation.

• Like 3

I'm a boring sod. I hate non-canon and AU's. Ok, I can give AU's a go if there's a true point to the AU other than setting the characters in another era, Mary-Sue or to write Twilight with characters named like the ones on the show. :p But I very rarely find I like them.

I usually read fanfic to get more of the show than the 20 minutes a week we get, or to get more glimpses into the characters, fix things that don't make sense or further explore things that aren't explored fully on the show. It needs to be very IC and preferably something I can see happening on the show. Anything that strays too much from that is not my cup of tea. Although I can also like stories that expand beyond the show's level of drama and rating if it's done well. I guess I'm lucky that the show already fulfils most of my needs in terms of storytelling, so I don't have to rely on fic that much :) I think the biggest challenge for a fanfic writer is to be fresh and original while working within the framework of what the show allows, so anyone that can do that gets massive points with me! 

While I only read stories where Shamy are the main focus, I really love it when they involve the other characters too and it feels like a true gang-episode. I feel like all characters are amazing on this show and add so much to all the interactions. I'm particularly fond of stories with L/P/S/A interactions, in any permutation.

I agree with you on that Koops. I don't like stories where it's completely AU. It's like writing a Wuthering Heights fan fic and calling Cathy Penny and Heathcliff Sheldon...it's not TBBT just because you took the names! lol