Episode 3.06 (November 2nd)

Tripper

I agree that the Howard and Raj storyline was forced. Compare the heavy-handed writing of the scenes in this episode to the deftness of the "ersatz homosexual marriage" scene in Maternal Capacitance. In that episode, their "bickering married couple" moment was short and subtle enough that they themselves don't notice the overtones, which is what made it funny. In this episode, they just go on and on and on in a caricature of the way real people would act.

Still a good episode, though. To me the best part was the depiction of Sheldon as a Texan growing up steeped in football. Line after line made me laugh out loud ... especially since I have close friends in Texas who called me right after the show and shared a laugh over how accurate that picture was! From football starting in kindergarten right down to soccer suspected of being a "commie plot" and shooting at raccoons. That's them, alright (and I say that very very fondly ...).

Steve

I thought the episode wasn't great. A lot of great lines here and there but overall I think that episode was the worst one of Season 3 by far. I can't wait for the episode 7.

Best line of the episode imo:

"After the game, I can take out outside and teach you how to shoot close enough to racoons that it craps itself." - Sheldon

hahahah

Well, there were not many Sheldon scenes. That why it wasn't as funny. Also, just like Howard and Raj went throught a humiliating moment in the Gothowitz episode, so did Leonard in this one... I don't like when it happens, personnally... Some people might find it funny, but I don't really...

But the rest was good! I actually liked Howard and Raj's little fight! And Sheldon, even if he were absent most of the time, were still funny when he was there! :)

I think this has been one of my least favourite episodes of all time. The fighting was ok, not that funny, but ok. What really ruined it for me was Sheldons inappropriate sexual references, like wondering if Leonard doesn't have enough money to buy sex and stuff. I felt it was in poor taste, and was not funny at all. I think the show is becoming less geaky. I wish they had more stuff like the friendship algorithm, that was really funny :)

It's funny you mention that one, Wazzita, since The Friendship Algorithm was one of the worst for me. Not as bad as Euclid Alternative, Killer Robot, or Griffin Equivelency, but pretty darn close.

Steve

What? Killer Robot was pretty good! It was one of the very few Howard-centric! Howard and Raj gets few centric episodes, so that's why I enjoy them! And, come on, how can we not like Raj's sweet ''sorry'' at the end of the Griffin episode?

The Friendship Algorithm was pretty good, too! Sheldon-centric: It says all! ^_^

It's just a matter of opinions I guess! You and I probably like very different kind of episodes!

Yeah, that's exactly right!

And as you say, even in episodes I didn't care for, there's always at least one shining moment ... Raj's painful "sorry" in Griffin, Sheldon pointing out flaws in the driving test to the woman from the Department of Motor Vehicles ("How else will they learn?") in Euclid, and so on.

I didn't like the Howard-Raj bit in Cornhusker at all, but Sheldon's description of Texas was fall-on-the-floor funny and more than made up for it.

Steve

• 3 months later...

The show is becoming less and less geeky. But that's not the sad part. The sad part is to replace the geeky jokes they're relying on sexual jokes. I wish they hadn't done that. Once or twice is alright, but as each episodes passes by I keep noticing more and more sexual innuendos. Pity.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi does anyone know the title of the indian song that raj is listening to as howard enters his room with the new hello kitty kite?

thanks!

This song's name is Mere Mehboob Mere Sanam of bollywood movie "duplicate"

• 3 months later...