For fans of Friends the producer of Friends had a recent interview with Ew And they talked about how Ross and Rachel almost diddnt end up together, they were going to make them a gray área. But choose to end them up together, as it was show about full measure, if your going to do something do it fully. Also talked about the possibility of a Friends reunion. http://blog.peopleschoice.com/2014/04/17/friends-reunion-ross-rachel/.

Thanks for the post, I don't think there will ever be a Friends Reunion. Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe) was on Conan and she said she was really hurt because someone did a hoax story saying 5 of the 6 were coming back for NBC and she thought they just hadn't included her. Then she remembered NBC didn't own the show, Warner Brothers did. She also said that people have a go at her, almost like she's the one stopping it happening :laugh:

Yeah i agree Friends was a show about a time in your life where everything is possible. And when your twenty something living in NY your Friends are your Family. That was the premise of the show, it was a universal concept, but once that time ends, you move on so the show ends. So a Grown Up Friends e.t.c. Mataristically just wouldent work, it would be kinda disengenious to the show, it really had a perfect ending in terms for the characters. So they were young and it ended, the cast has moved on, i think its just best to keep the illusion if Friends intact, and i hope they keep it that way. No comedy series since Friends has really had the impact on pop culture this show had.

• 4 weeks later...

I think they made a good end, and yeah, after all character built all their lives with their own family it would have been difficult to maintain the same spirit.

But I would like to see an 'one shot' that show how they spend their lives, see Chandler and Monica with their kids, etc...

I was attached to these characters, it was hard to say goodbye.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Back in May it was the 20th anniversary, it was also Ten years since 2004 when it ended. Remember Social Media everyone basically haha rememebered a year ago today. Shows the impact it made on pop culture. But yeah I don't see a reunion ever. Its been Ten years since the end of the show, they are prob too older then they were to do it now. Show was a bout a time in their lifes, so I guess you can't expect 6 50 year olds hanging out with their kids in a coffee house haha. Logistically also it would be impossible. Best to remember them when they were young, oppossed to bringing it back for Grown UP Friends and blowing the illusion. 

• 4 weeks later...

Friends is coming to Netflix on Jan.1st - even though I didn't like the show that much, I think I will give it another chance to see if I can discover what all the fuss was about, and since I didn't see all that many episodes it will be relatively fresh for me - I don't think it will relate to me like The Big Bang Theory does though, but I have developed a fondness for the local coffee shop, so who knows :)

Friends is coming to Netflix on Jan.1st - even though I didn't like the show that much, I think I will give it another chance to see if I can discover what all the fuss was about, and since I didn't see all that many episodes it will be relatively fresh for me - I don't think it will relate to me like The Big Bang Theory does though, but I have developed a fondness for the local coffee shop, so who knows :)

Haha well i guess Friends was more universally relatable as not everyone is a geek or a Physicist. Friends was about a time in your life, where everything is possible. And when your Twenty something living in New York your Friends are your family. I get your first impression of the show is insepid, relationshipy. But i really beleive if you give it a go you well see despite its mass appeal. The comedy was actually very underrated, and not romcomish, more Seinfeild. I used to think Himym was a Friends ripoff, still is haha but i really loved it. Friends spawned alot of romcomish sitcoms, so Big Bang when it came along was so Fresh and Unique. But Big Bang with Friends, and I Love Lucy is still my favourite comedies ever. Anyway give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never understood the "The One With" reference.

It was susposed to be a play on word. Just like in Two and a Half Men, where they take a joke or line from the ep and make it the title of ep. Like Big Bang, they turn the title into a Scientific Reference. They also had Tow Where etc. In the context of Friends, your right in a way generally it makes no sense. But i think they were just trying to simplify the eps, and give it authenticity. You know opposed to just Ep 1, or Ep 2. Tow gives it a connotation.

• Like 1

Yes, it's just referring to what happens in the episode ("the one"). And after this episode name remained so. 

For example, if in one episode the characters go to the pool and the plot is there, the name could be "the one at/with the pool."

In French they misunderstood. In French translation "the one" doesn't mean "the episode" but "the character".
  • Like 3

Did anyone hear this show is coming to Netflix in January? I can not wait! Two of my Top Three Favorite Sitcoms are now on Netflix which is pretty Great. My All Time Favorite is not on Netflix yet . It  even on Hulu and YouTube but UI have the series  complete on DVD. 

Anyone interested EOnline released their Top 27 couples from Friends ever. #1 may surprise you, or not haha. They have Rachel and Tag and Joey and Rachel over Ross and Rachel, which automatically gives the list no credibility. I mean really do you even watch Friends, Ross and Rachel gave the show its mass appeal. 

http://au.eonline.com/photos/13785/we-ranked-all-the-friends-couples-and-no-1-may-shock-you/418949

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Anyone interested EOnline released their Top 27 couples from Friends ever. #1 may surprise you, or not haha. They have Rachel and Tag and Joey and Rachel over Ross and Rachel, which automatically gives the list no credibility. I mean really do you even watch Friends, Ross and Rachel gave the show its mass appeal. 

http://au.eonline.com/photos/13785/we-ranked-all-the-friends-couples-and-no-1-may-shock-you/418949

That ranking was so bizarre, and that's coming from someone who actually liked the Joey/Rachel pairing...*ducks to avoid thrown tomatoes*.   Seriously, though, the Rachel/Tag relationship had the emotional depth of an ice tray.  I also don't like how the list derails to include things like Ross and Marcel that weren't even romantic relationships.  If we're going there, why not have Monica and her vacuum cleaner as the number one?

That ranking was so bizarre, and that's coming from someone who actually liked the Joey/Rachel pairing...*ducks to avoid thrown tomatoes*.   Seriously, though, the Rachel/Tag relationship had the emotional depth of an ice tray.  I also don't like how the list derails to include things like Ross and Marcel that weren't even romantic relationships.  If we're going there, why not have Monica and her vacuum cleaner as the number one?

I liked Joey and Rachel too, the timing was just all wrong though, maybe if their was no Ross haha. Ross and Rachel belonged together clearly though. I just remember that very iconic scene in Central Perk in S2 when Ross and Rachel kissed, it really gave the show attention from the masses. It was the moment the show exploded. So in terms of that I cannot see at least Rachel and Tag over them. And yeah the nonsensical couples like Ross and Marcel. Chandler and Joey #1 I get, but the rest no. 

This is really a top list ? I see it more as a list of relationships they found most striking without really a classification.

Yeah it's more of a fanatical, non sensical striking list like you said. I never liked the idea of Rachel and Tag, simply because it made Rachel look shallow and superficial. If I was doing a top list by actual couples. Top 5

5. Ross and Emily

4. Chandler and Kathy

3. Monica and Richard

2. Monica and Chandler

1. Ross and Rachel

I know everyone loves Monica and Chandler, and I did too probably best tv couple ever. But in the context of Friends, Ross and Rachel is credited for giving the show its mass appeal, and around S2 the central perk scene when they kiss, the show exploded. So in terms of that cannot look past that.  

• Like 2

Just read that Lisa Kudrow said she would have no problem with a Friends reunion. She said she would of done the show for another Ten Years haha. I doubt a reunion would ever happen. It would just be disengenous to the shows purpose, it was a show of full measure. It was called Friends, because they diddn't have families, so they were each others families. Materialistically speaking it would be too hard. Most comedies these days too are shot with single shot camera's, Friends was a multi camera. Big Bang is obviousley Multi Camera. So their are alot of demand for Multi Camera sitcoms. Fans of Friends and Seinfeild what do they have? So Big Bang is an option, hence prob why it has been so succesfull, in its genre. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

I agree that several episodes/a season would be weird for the same reasons you say. But I will not be against just one or two special episodes that show us what they have become. But they should have done it for a special occasion, as 20 years anniversary which took place recently. It's a pity.

Edited by CentralPerk

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a best or worst episode?

For me the worst one is "where joey speaks french" i cannot believe such a piece of utter dross made it to screen, its freaking awful

Really I thought it was hilarous haha. Hard to say. But best ep prob Tow Prom Video. And worst prob Tow Barbados. That lead to Joey and Rachel dating.

Barbados episode was funny, lots of things going on, especially with the Phoebe, David and Mike triangle

To this day I still don't know who would be the better choice, I liked both David and Mike

Yeah tough one. Writers said David was very mystical as he was in and out of her life. Opposed to Mike where it was more romantic.

• Like 1