The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
3ku11

Big Bang Theory Cast Fading Into Oblivion

Too real for you lol, its not a negative thread altho alot of these threads on this site seem to spiral out of control. My OP never suggested they wld be typed cast, altho that is an implied fear. Its main point was not what they would be casted as, but if they would fade into oblivion. Its a real possibility, fsme is thickle one day your s big star on a juggurnaut sitcom, next your struggling to look for new projects etc. I used Friends as a comparison, as its very apt, as they were the last huge sitcom, and its been ten years since Friends ended, so it gives a general gauge at their careers and lvl of fame and notority. Of course it depends on the person, Kaley for instance doesent want celebrstism, and doesent want to be in the public eye forever. Shes hd it since she was s kid. Looking at Friends Jen Aniston obviosley A list movie star, Courtney Cox has had a few hit shows, Cougar Town more notably. Mayt Le Blanch wan a GG for his show Episodes in 2011, Matthew Perrys hd a few shows, but havent really taken off. Lisa Kudrow doing pretty well witj her new show Web Thearpy. David Schiwmmer i heards done alot of directing, he voiced Madagascar. But ultimatley prob the most least succesfull post Friends. Key for their relevance after all these years in the media and public eye is staying power. Friends hd such an impact on pop culture, their names are just so instantly synomonus with Friends. I brought up Bbt cast past work, as im sure they well get work if they want too, maybe nt to the lvl of Bbt as its rare having two hit sitcoms, unless your Johnny Galecki he had Rosseanne. Mel said she did up stand up, so she has that to fall back on, Mayim has her science so she may want to return to that, Johnny has his own production company, and has a sitcom coming out. Kaley has already had movie offers and roles, best shot out of the cast to have a movie career. Jim i think may be the most problem, Snl showed alot og Sheldon. Thing is as a cast and collective theyll never be at the lvl they are now, fame is not always whats important but it well be intetesting too see what happens.

Y'know, there are far worse things that can happen to an actor than to be typecast.

Producers are in the business of making money and have to be quite confident before they take a risk, and so most often cast to type and play safe.

I am certain there will be no end of nebbish roles offered to Jim Parsons once BBT ends, but he is in the happy financial position to be able to pick and choose, plus he can produce his own projects if nothing takes his fancy (or else he can just kick-back and do nothing; he really doesn't come across as being fame-hungry and may step away rather than scrabble to stay in the spotlight).

you don't need the maintain fame to continue being a successful actor...

Quite right, though fame is often misconstrued as the goal rather than the side effect of success (and it's often an unpleasant side effect at that).

I predict that Jim Parsons,   Kaley Cuoco, and Johnny Galeki will be in the limelight for many, many years.  The others will somewhat be diminished in popularity, but will never have problem finding parts. 

• Like 2