The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maximal

Your Profession?

I mainly study Assyriology and minor in Egyptology but to ear some extra money I also have a job at the University as some kind of auxiliary scientist. I'm currently working on a database for pictures of archeologcal findings, which sounds much more interesting than it actually is. It means scanning photos for hours and making coffee for the professorsf from time to time. :D What do you do, Maximal?

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS??? YOUR JOB IS AWSOME!!!! *-------* You're definitely my idol now o__o (like you weren't before, after I found out you speak freaking latin and ancient greek xD) Well, I'm a senior in high school o/ Although not for much time, since school ends in about a month and my graduation party it's december 19 xD Finally! I can't believe I'm finally getting rid of school! 11 years is waaay too much time u.u

Hey, thanks. Usually when people hear what I'm doing they are like "Oh, okay." because actually they want to say "Boooring!" but are to püolite. ;) Love to hear someone thinks it's interesting. I love the job and ging to University!!

And Waffles, when you've graduated: why not do the same and become an Assyriologist. ;) There are not many of us on the planet, we coul use some help. :D You'd be learning lating an greek in no time!

I'm majoring in English literature and linguistics (I'm not from and English speaking country), and my minor is French lit & ling. I will be a teacher, which I kind of already am, I teach kids and adults as well. Btw, this show is an excellent vocabulary exercise ;)

My job is not as interesting as Bilkis.I work on electronic and pneumatic control

systems for HVAC ,Fire suppression,and Security cameras.I currently taking a

class on Uninteruppted Power Supply Systems.I hope I pass!!

Wow, I thnik it's so interesting to hear what other people do. I've been dreaming of doing what I do now since I was about five years old, so I never really considered anything else (besides acting, but I decided I wanted to be a scientist, and I was afraid of the admission axamination and the auditoons! :D)...

Your job does sound pretty interesting x20mandor!

I'm workin' for "The Man"..work in an office for the Irish branch of Ecolab, an American multinational.

Didn't realise you were Irish... :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm a mooching student :fi_lone_ranger:

I work retail as a sales associate (bottom of the retail totem pole haha), and take a class and volunteer in inner city schools as a tutor on the side. I'm hoping to get into grad school to get my MA in Teaching so I can become a high school physics teacher.

Woah, you guys all have very interesting professions (and studies)!

I am a video games producer: it's not nearly as funny as it sounds, trust me, but I love my job anyway.

Hey, finally someone with an appropriately nerdy (at least I imagine it to be) for this forum. :D Sounds cool!

Hey, finally someone with an appropriately nerdy (at least I imagine it to be) for this forum. :D Sounds cool!

Coolest part is going to work and discuss the latest Big Bang Theory episode with everybody else, because we all watch it my office. :icon_cheesygrin:

I already have a degree (MA) from English and Japanese Philology, plus a translator's certificate from English, German, Slovak and Czech.

And currently I am studying Egyptology and ancient languages in Budapest, with a minor in Literature.

And I am also a permanent lurker at the university's astrology and meteorology department (gush, those guys have wonderfully equipped labs).

Hey, you too? That's great. What languages do you study? I have lessons in Classic Egyptian, Coptic and ancient Greek so far. But I might need to take up some more in the upcoming year.

I'm stdying akkadian, sumerian, hittite (I'm also studying Assyriology), middle egyptian.

I also had Latin and ancient greek, but that was back at school so it's probably too much to say I studied it.

I also tought about starting with Coptic (sahidic), but unfortunately it didn't fit in my time table this semester. :-(

What semester are you?

I am in first semester only, cuz before this uni I wanted to finish some other stuff mentioned above.

We will have Latin next semester and we will also have to choose between akkadian or sumerian. Any advise?

Oh, hittite? Cool. I wish could study that, too, but there isn't any course on that here... :(