94 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

It was a pretty good episode, but somehow I feel sad for Shamy.

I'm not sure how anyone can after tonight feel sad for the Shamy. Sorry for Amy yes. Sheldon saying to Raj it was slick how he had an agreement with Amy that she can only have physical contact with him was pathetic. Sheldon's advice that Raj should learn to live alone was also pathetic. it seems that Penny learned what was important to her after Proton died but Sheldon obviously did not learn anything. Too bad Amy wasn't around to hear what he said to Raj. IMO it's obvious that she needs to dump him.
  • Like 1

Awww...the proposal was perfect, sweet and funny!  Now Lenny will have a great story to tell the smart and beautiful grandchildren one day..."Well, your Grandma Penny was just fired from a killer gorilla movie...then I was her poptart...the rest is history!" ;-)

I cheered along with the studio audience...Definite happiness all around!! :)

Well done, Show!   Johnny and Kaley too...they played the scene in a nice understated way, but with such respect for the emotional history of these characters.

(I also hope we have not seen the last of Serial Apeist...or maybe Will gets Penny a role on Sharknado 2?)

Edited by bhreg
  • Like 3

I'm not sure how anyone can after tonight feel sad for the Shamy. Sorry for Amy yes. Sheldon saying to Raj it was slick how he had an agreement with Amy that she can only have physical contact with him was pathetic. Sheldon's advice that Raj should learn to live alone was also pathetic. it seems that Penny learned what was important to her after Proton died but Sheldon obviously did not learn anything. Too bad Amy wasn't around to hear what he said to Raj. IMO it's obvious that she needs to dump him.

LOL

• Like 1

I don't think it was wrong of Sheldon to tell Raj he needed to be comfortable being alone.  He wasn't really saying that Raj should live the rest of his life alone or give up on women.  He was saying something very true that people on the boards here have been saying for some time--that Raj needs to be comfortable with himself before he can be comfortable with anyone else.  He's clingy and insecure and feels the need to posture like some kind of playboy--or he has been that way until he met Emily and she has helped him be himself.

I think it was pretty sound advice.  Of course, they punctured it with Sheldon's line about chemical castration, but I think that his initial assessment was very true.

• Like 2

Kaley did such a good job with her facial expressions during the proposal.

She really did. It was beyond adorable!!!

Or lay one on him and tell him to grow a pair.

I don't think it was wrong of Sheldon to tell Raj he needed to be comfortable being alone.  He wasn't really saying that Raj should live the rest of his life alone or give up on women.  He was saying something very true that people on the boards here have been saying for some time--that Raj needs to be comfortable with himself before he can be comfortable with anyone else.  He's clingy and insecure and feels the need to posture like some kind of playboy--or he has been that way until he met Emily and she has helped him be himself.

I think it was pretty sound advice.  Of course, they punctured it with Sheldon's line about chemical castration, but I think that his initial assessment was very true.

My husband said Sheldon's comment was very insightful and now it makes even more sense.   :girlsmile:

• Like 2

I'm glad he's assessing Raj, and wasn't messing with Leonard and Penny tonight.

I like these one-on-one type scenes they've done lately - Amy/Bernadette, Amy/Leonard, Raj/Sheldon, Howard/Sheldon, Penny/Sheldon.  I hope they continue them for the next three years.

• Like 2

We need a Bernadette/Sheldon scene.

Yes!!!

• Like 2

We need a Bernadette/Sheldon scene.

Bernie would be the perfect person to do what you suggested Anita: lay one on him and tell him to grow a pair. I can hear her voice in my head...

• Like 1

Sheldon's advice to Raj is like the written agreements he has with Amy and Leonard. To benefit himself. Sheldon knows he can't compete with Lenny and Howdette especially in regards to sex. Raj not having a girlfriend puts less pressure on himself. That's why he asked Raj if he had sex with Emily. Obviously by the end of the episode they are still together and i think it's a safe assumption they had sex.

Edited by Chrismo

WOW!!  FINALLY LENNY IS ENGAGED!! :good::yahoo:

I do think the proposal was pretty unromantic and anti-climatic, plus it would have been nice if they stuck to their promise and had Penny propose to Leonard like she said she would with flowers and her down on one knee, but at least its finally happening.  Though the big question now will be will they actually end up getting married.   So much can happen on the way to the aisle.

Loved Raj and Sheldon finally hanging out alone together its been awhile since thats happen and it was nice that Sheldon was able to give Raj so helpful advice about his relationship issues with women.  Laughed so hard that he brought up the chubby girl in Sailor Moon costume again and the threesome I wonder what Emily would think about that once she figures out how close Raj and Howard use to be back in the day and kind of still are pretty close.  But I am so glad to see Raj and Emily moving forward in this way.   PLEASE OH PLEASE WRITERS LET THIS BE IT! RAJ DESERVES SOME HAPPINESS TOO! She met Sheldon and he doesn't have a problem with her or vice versa thats the BIG TEST in my book.  Emily can stay I like her, just add her to the group as the fourth girl and let them all move on with their lives already.  Let Lenny get married and let Sheldon move in with Amy that would be perfect.

I do think its kind of hilarious/ pretty sad that Raj/Emily will likely end up having sex very soon and SHAMY have been together for YEARS and still haven't. LOL  Poor Amy, she is going have a nervous breakdown next season if this keeps up forever.  At least we know Sheldon wants her all to himself and their relationship agreement prohibits her from cheating with anyone else.  But It does make me wonder if Sheldon did see Amy out with another guy if that would be enough to get him to finally swoop in and propose too just to keep her from leaving him kind of like when he asked her to be his girlfriend in first place to keep her from dating Stuart.  I really hope next week he agrees to move out and move in with Amy, but I can't see Sheldon giving up the apartment without a huge fight and usually Sheldon wins and gets his way.  Leonard should just look for a new place with Penny if they really are serious about getting married, so they can make it their own like Howard/Bernadette did.  But I have a feeling things will not go that smoothly it never has been that way for LENNY, there is always some sort of silly drama with those too.   Howard/Bernadette work out their issues so much easier like with them fighting over what to do with his mom, they finally agreed to get her a nurse and they didn't have to break up to do it they just work it out.  I don't think they will be adding children to TBBT anytime soon, but in a way Howard's mom can be like their baby so that works just as well.  I do think Howard's fat jokes about his mom are really lame now though and not as funny as they use to be just really rude and insulting, but I don't think they will ever stop making the FAT jokes its like some of the writers must still be stuck in fifth grade :p  However mimicking Bernadette that was pretty funny/adorable. Simon does the best impressions! :)

Anyway, overall it was a pretty good episode, I enjoyed it and happy to see things moving forward with the couples and their relationships, hope they keep the momentum going into the finale and don't just wreck everything last minute and call that a cliffhanger, but we shall see next week won't we. :)

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 1

OK ... I said it last week .... BEST EPISODE EVER ... sitting in Italy watching it ....

Its about time they got ENGAGED  ...

they are perfect for each other and need each other to be the best that they can be ...

SHELDON NEEDS A WAKE UP CALL ........

WOW!!  FINALLY LENNY IS ENGAGED!! :good::yahoo:

I do think the proposal was pretty unromantic and anti-climatic, plus it would have been nice if they stuck to their promise and had Penny propose to Leonard like she said she would with flowers and her down on one need, but at least its finally happening.  Though the big question now will be will they actually end up getting married.   So much can happen on the way to the aisle.

I thought the spontaneous, spur of the moment nature of the proposal after a seven season build up was a bit anti-climatic as well, Penny proposing to Leonard with hearts and flowers might have been better as well as funnier - but no matter how it happened I am happy that they are engaged now and I will look forward to the build up to their wedding next season, I hope Leonard asks Sheldon to be his best man. As for the rest of the episode I liked the serial apeist scene with Wil Wheaton - that was funny and the low budget director seemed like a take off on Ed Wood - and I liked the Sheldon scenes with Raj - who would ever have thought we would see the day when Sheldon was doling out relationship advise? - all in all it was a very good episode, not quite as good as last week, but I liked it a lot and how it set things up for the season finale next week :)

LOVED THIS EPISODE! I just had so many lols!!

awww I felt genuinely so sad for Raj when he saw Emily with another guy :(( but it's cool how they sorted it out.

I loved how Howardette actually brought up the subject of children.

It was also cool to see Sheldon so mature when he was talking to Raj and not flipping out about how he doesn't care about hippy dippy feelings. Also, that comment about Amy and the relationship agreement was not as bad as I expected it was gonna be.

BUT OMG THE PROPOSAL SCENE!! I just thought the entire scene was just so hilarious and SO LENNY!! "So what are we engaged?" True Leonard fashion and I loved the "YOU! YOU STUPID POP TART!" biggest LOL xD

Overall it was an amazing episodes and I reckon that they have used it to set up a lot of story lines for season eight! CAN'T WAIT FOR FINALE I CANNOT EVEN DEAL!

good episode - i am happy for Leonard and Penny - although they could have had a more exciting engagement like a football game , hockey rink , or concert --- or something not so bland as regular night in the apartment.

As for shledon in the words of Sugar Hill Gang " Kemosabi, jump on it, jump on it, jump on it.."

Great follow up to Proton last week - writers are finishing strongly.

I posted this take on the engagement in the Lenny Spoiler thread but feel like adding it to the episode thread as well.

"I thought the whole episode paid homage to the history of Leonard and Penny beautifully and the proposal was perfectly in character for the two of them. When you think of the accidental " what have I got to lose" nature of their first date, the first Penny "I love you" that just came out of her mouth without even knowing it happened and the stuffed up romance with the Hitchhikers Guide in "Romance Resonance", Penny was never going to deliver on the big proposal promised in the Valentines Day episode in S6. Nevertheless, the true love she expressed in this proposal linked beautifully with her "I'm passionate about you" line, the "my next marriage will be for love" from Thanksgiving and their beautiful moments with the holograph in the lab scene and the farewell in the car in the S6 finale. Kaley's tone and facial expressions showed so much love for her man. This was real in Lenny fashion. She is so sure, there are no doubts, he is the reason for her true happiness. Even the regular complaints on this forum that Penny doesn't stick up for Leonard like he does was beautifully done with her defence of Leonard when the director attacked him. She risked and lost her job for him - she is putting Leonard first in all ways now.

As for Leonard's response in all this, we saw the new better version of Leonard really stand up, the one that Stuart said was improved by Penny. He wasn't the desperate 'anything to be with Penny' Leonard from Lenny 1.0 in seasons 1-3. He doesn't want to be the comfortable nice guy choice she settles for. He wants to be exciting to her ( and he is - "I'm passionate about you" comes into play again). But he also in the end got the proposal he wanted to do - not unplanned in bed in the heat of passion before they were sure, not the desperate emotional responses he attempted in the restaurant on Valentines Day or her bother effort half drunk and depressed. No - he had a ring for 2 years knowing it was going to happen one day because he knew it was right. And the expression on Penny's face when he pulled that ring out and got down on one knee and said those words "Penny ( no surname still because guess what it was never important until it becomes Hofstadter) will you marry me was one of pure joy. In reality she got the proposal she has been waiting for for many years and Leonard got to do it, which I think he always wanted despite that Valentines Day promise to let her do it when she was ready. It could not have been any more appropriate.

And a final nice homage to the whole relationship? Will Wheaton. He was involved in the breakup and here he is four years later sort of involved in the event that became the catalyst for the proposal. I thought that was a nice touch.

The whole thing could not have been written better, except for maybe more physical affection after the proposal. Maybe a tag with the two of them snuggling in bed like they did in the old days of Season 3. I miss that and hope they can fit that in more in Season 8 and beyond."

As for the rest of the episode, it was great to have a plot that gave Howardette more screen time - hasn't been much since the Bernardette song and Howard's dad letter episodes  (apart from the slightly cringe worthy double date with Raj and Emily). They had some funny and serious conversations about their relationship and builds towards more serious discussion about possible parenthood and hinted at the comedy that could provide.

I'm loving Raj's new maturity since Emily came onto the scene. He is so honest about himself and I think she loves that about him. They are so natural together and he Raj is so much funnier in this persona instead of that pathetic early Season 7 version. I think Sheldon's comment about being comfortable being alone was spot on for Raj- his lack of desperation is making him a better catch as a boyfriend.

There were some real LOL moments in this episode too. I can't recall them all at the moment but my daughter and I were really laughing hard during some parts involving all characters.

Sheldon was the only letdown tonight. It was one of those episodes when he regressed back to be completely self absorbed and insulting without innocence. Still funny at times but "chemical castration" and "slick" were not great moments in the episode.

Still excellent episode - although I'm sure the Shamys were upset about the lack of their ship.

• Like 5

Sheldon's advice to Raj is like the written agreements he has with Amy and Leonard. To benefit himself. Sheldon knows he can't compete with Lenny and Howdette especially in regards to sex. Raj not having a girlfriend puts less pressure on himself. That's why he asked Raj if he had sex with Emily. Obviously by the end of the episode they are still together and i think it's a safe assumption they had sex.

I don't think Sheldon's advice to Raj had anything to do with himself.  I think his assessment of Raj's inability to be on his own was absolutely true and has nothing to do with "competing" with the Lenny and the Howardette.  Since when has Sheldon ever cared what the other couples do?

His comment about there being pressure to have sex comes from his own perception of pressure, as well as things like Penny questioning him last season, etc., but I don't think he cares whether or not Raj ends up having sex with Emily.  Raj has always wanted to have sex with whomever he has dated, and has had sex on a few occasions, so why would Sheldon care one way or the other?

• Like 2

good episode - i am happy for Leonard and Penny - although they could have had a more exciting engagement like a football game , hockey rink , or concert --- or something not so bland as regular night in the apartment.

As for shledon in the words of Sugar Hill Gang " Kemosabi, jump on it, jump on it, jump on it.."

Well I think the lead up to Penny asking Leonard to marry her was only ever going to lead her into asking him to Marry her there. 

Nobody else in the room but them, like most Lenny things they kind of fell into it. The cherry on the top was Leonard proposing

to Penny (i'm sure there will be a bit of drama over the ring's origin in season 8). Overall I felt that the scene was perfect after the long and slow build over the last 7 seasons.

Sheldon was spot on with Raj, for Sheldon that was him being a friend minus the obnoxious acting out

he's been engaged in all season. I think Sheldon mentioning chemical castration was merely  Sheldon realising

he was being nice and so had to bring it back from there.

Great follow up to Proton last week - writers are finishing strongly.

I posted this take on the engagement in the Lenny Spoiler thread but feel like adding it to the episode thread as well.

"I thought the whole episode paid homage to the history of Leonard and Penny beautifully and the proposal was perfectly in character for the two of them. When you think of the accidental " what have I got to lose" nature of their first date, the first Penny "I love you" that just came out of her mouth without even knowing it happened and the stuffed up romance with the Hitchhikers Guide in "Romance Resonance", Penny was never going to deliver on the big proposal promised in the Valentines Day episode in S6. Nevertheless, the true love she expressed in this proposal linked beautifully with her "I'm passionate about you" line, the "my next marriage will be for love" from Thanksgiving and their beautiful moments with the holograph in the lab scene and the farewell in the car in the S6 finale. Kaley's tone and facial expressions showed so much love for her man. This was real in Lenny fashion. She is so sure, there are no doubts, he is the reason for her true happiness. Even the regular complaints on this forum that Penny doesn't stick up for Leonard like he does was beautifully done with her defence of Leonard when the director attacked him. She risked and lost her job for him - she is putting Leonard first in all ways now.

As for Leonard's response in all this, we saw the new better version of Leonard really stand up, the one that Stuart said was improved by Penny. He wasn't the desperate 'anything to be with Penny' Leonard from Lenny 1.0 in seasons 1-3. He doesn't want to be the comfortable nice guy choice she settles for. He wants to be exciting to her ( and he is - "I'm passionate about you" comes into play again). But he also in the end got the proposal he wanted to do - not unplanned in bed in the heat of passion before they were sure, not the desperate emotional responses he attempted in the restaurant on Valentines Day or her bother effort half drunk and depressed. No - he had a ring for 2 years knowing it was going to happen one day because he knew it was right. And the expression on Penny's face when he pulled that ring out and got down on one knee and said those words "Penny ( no surname still because guess what it was never important until it becomes Hofstadter) will you marry me was one of pure joy. In reality she got the proposal she has been waiting for for many years and Leonard got to do it, which I think he always wanted despite that Valentines Day promise to let her do it when she was ready. It could not have been any more appropriate.

And a final nice homage to the whole relationship? Will Wheaton. He was involved in the breakup and here he is four years later sort of involved in the event that became the catalyst for the proposal. I thought that was a nice touch.

The whole thing could not have been written better, except for maybe more physical affection after the proposal. Maybe a tag with the two of them snuggling in bed like they did in the old days of Season 3. I miss that and hope they can fit that in more in Season 8 and beyond."

As for the rest of the episode, it was great to have a plot that gave Howardette more screen time - hasn't been much since the Bernardette song and Howard's dad letter episodes (apart from the slightly cringe worthy double date with Raj and Emily). They had some funny and serious conversations about their relationship and builds towards more serious discussion about possible parenthood and hinted at the comedy that could provide.

I'm loving Raj's new maturity since Emily came onto the scene. He is so honest about himself and I think she loves that about him. They are so natural together and he Raj is so much funnier in this persona instead of that pathetic early Season 7 version. I think Sheldon's comment about being comfortable being alone was spot on for Raj- his lack of desperation is making him a better catch as a boyfriend.

There were some real LOL moments in this episode too. I can't recall them all at the moment but my daughter and I were really laughing hard during some parts involving all characters.

Sheldon was the only letdown tonight. It was one of those episodes when he regressed back to be completely self absorbed and insulting without innocence. Still funny at times but "chemical castration" and "slick" were not great moments in the episode.

Still excellent episode - although I'm sure the Shamys were upset about the lack of their ship.

What a spot on post. Love your insight. My favorite part though is how you tell us of your & your daughter's laughter!!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

I laughed all through this. Leonard and Penny were delightful, as they bumbled their way to their obvious destiny. Howard and Bernadette in cahoots were "teamPutz" incarnate, and Raj and Emily are a treat. That they are the most direct of the couples quartet is refreshing.

Sheldon's repressiveness has to lead to something.

• Like 6